Ghost nut at work....thoughts?

plowboy
6/21/2019 5:47pm
FFS...life just ain't easy anymore is it? Tough call. I'd drop by the local cop shop and tell your story. If nothing else they need to be aware that "he" is in the neighborhood. They can run a check to see if he's had problems in the past.

This is America where we tend to "live and let live" but if he kills the neighbors because the spirits told him to...you're gonna have to live with that on your mind. He's living in a yurt...which already says, "different".

Different doesn't scream BAD but it it doesn't inspire trust either. This is a country of citizens...and that comes with the responsibility of protecting others from harm. His family members may say he's harmless but they are thinking of his interests...not others.

I know you'll do the right thing...even if it's tough.
500guy
6/21/2019 5:54pm
He shouldn't own a gun, He's either crazy or playing the I'm crazy and can't be held responsible for my actions card.

People with mental problems are extremely unpredictable, personally I would stay away from him and maybe let the local authorities know too.
motogrady
6/21/2019 5:57pm

Schizophrenia.

Look up Son of Sam. It was the barking black dog that told/made him do it.

There is a good chance there are meds that will help the guy.
Unfortunately, he will probably resist taking them, and the sister will deny anything is wrong due to the stigma
she feels is associated with mental illness.

Hey, the gun thing makes it serious.......plowboy has a point.
hvaughn88
6/21/2019 6:03pm
Holy crap...a 30’ radius yurt is one big ass yurt!

The Shop

plowboy
6/21/2019 6:09pm
Here's a recent one for you. My 12 year old Granddaughter spends most of the summer with the wife and I out in our little burg of 450 people. I get her a summer pass at the city pool and she rides the wheels off her bike any where in town. She met a little gal at the pool that recently moved here and they hit it off. They tent camped in our back yard and did the same at her house.

The friends dad asked my granddaughter if she could get some pain pills from us. If we said no....and she could steal them...he'd pay her.

We called the sheriff and turns out he's been in a shit ton of trouble. Assault, theft, drugs...the usual. The kids have been removed from the house before. My wife was really concerned because this went down while I was in Yuma AZ for work and she was worried about retaliation. She's British and pretty liberal but is a fucking deadeye with every gun I own. She just can't stand being forced to take a life...even if it's a pos junkie.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
6/21/2019 6:26pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
It sure is...was not fun to build. It has a full bath and kitchen on it. Pretty unique but it is a very expensive room that is basically a fancy tent

I appreciate the input on this. I’m really torn on what to do right now. May have a sit down with the sister first and make sure she is made aware that he may have a rifle n the house. I don’t trust him one bit and I’m wondering if he’s intentionally bringing up these discussions so that he does get locked up before he goes off.
Deja New
6/21/2019 6:29pm
plowboy wrote:
Here's a recent one for you. My 12 year old Granddaughter spends most of the summer with the wife and I out in our little burg...
Here's a recent one for you. My 12 year old Granddaughter spends most of the summer with the wife and I out in our little burg of 450 people. I get her a summer pass at the city pool and she rides the wheels off her bike any where in town. She met a little gal at the pool that recently moved here and they hit it off. They tent camped in our back yard and did the same at her house.

The friends dad asked my granddaughter if she could get some pain pills from us. If we said no....and she could steal them...he'd pay her.

We called the sheriff and turns out he's been in a shit ton of trouble. Assault, theft, drugs...the usual. The kids have been removed from the house before. My wife was really concerned because this went down while I was in Yuma AZ for work and she was worried about retaliation. She's British and pretty liberal but is a fucking deadeye with every gun I own. She just can't stand being forced to take a life...even if it's a pos junkie.
not cool at all...
Deja New
6/21/2019 6:32pm
it hard to judge to dangers of your situation Kenny... It's all harmless until it's not. How much work you got left there?
plowboy
6/21/2019 6:52pm
Deja New wrote:
it hard to judge to dangers of your situation Kenny... It's all harmless until it's not. How much work you got left there?
The real problem is...after Kenny is done and gone...the neighbors may still have a nut job on their hands. See something...say something.
Deja New
6/21/2019 7:01pm
Deja New wrote:
plowboy wrote:
The real problem is...after Kenny is done and gone...the neighbors may still have a nut job on their hands. See something...say something.
See i would say something, but i wasn't there so its hard to judge.
borg
6/21/2019 7:06pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
KennyT wrote:
It sure is...was not fun to build. It has a full bath and kitchen on it. Pretty unique but it is a very expensive room that...
It sure is...was not fun to build. It has a full bath and kitchen on it. Pretty unique but it is a very expensive room that is basically a fancy tent

I appreciate the input on this. I’m really torn on what to do right now. May have a sit down with the sister first and make sure she is made aware that he may have a rifle n the house. I don’t trust him one bit and I’m wondering if he’s intentionally bringing up these discussions so that he does get locked up before he goes off.
I'm not sure that you are in that much danger because you have your antennae up but it doesn't make for pleasant work environment. I can just tell you about a similar situation I had.

A very nice couple hired me to do a fair amount of work. They were the kind of people I could never be. They had adopted 2 retarded kids from the Philippines if I remember correctly. Anyway they were very mentally challenged. One was about 6'2" and 280 and he was enthralled with my tools. I had to really watch them when they were home and I was working. The couple said they were harmless but I was nervous. One day, when I thought they were at their school, I rounded the corner in the bedroom I was working on and he had my sawzall in his hands and it was plugged in. I'm thinking Texas chainsaw massacre. I called out for her and she got it away from him but not easily.
I finished what I was working on in a couple of days and then told her I could no longer work for her. It was too stressful.
My feeling is that the couple were not in tune with what strangers in their house had to deal with. I'm sure you have had the situation where the customer has a dog that doesn't like you being there but they don't see it as an issue. It's a stipulation I have to make from the get go. Keep the dog out of my egress and work area. Period. I want to be able to enter the back yard with both hands full without worrying about your dog getting through the gate I was unable to shut. It's a real pain how people fight you on this.
You might be young enough to handle the stress but I'm not.

TXDirt
6/21/2019 7:06pm
Reminds me of every pit bull owner who says their dog is harmless little angel. Then mauls someone to death.
borg
6/21/2019 7:21pm
TXDirt wrote:
Reminds me of every pit bull owner who says their dog is harmless little angel. Then mauls someone to death.
That's it. Dogs do not like strangers with tool belts and power tools doing shit they are not used to. Some dog owners just don't get it. I had the sweetest little white terrier that bit every one of my goddam friends. Never bit me, or my kids, or my wife. Bit one guy in the balls. I told him to quit fucking with her. I thought it was funny as hell. He didn't.
6/21/2019 7:50pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2019 7:51pm
KennyT wrote:
So I’ll try n make this fairly brief, so much to the entire story. So I’m a small time contractor who does home remodeling n San...
So I’ll try n make this fairly brief, so much to the entire story.

So I’m a small time contractor who does home remodeling n San Diego County. I’ve been working on a remodel project off n on for the past 6-7 months. Built a 30’ radius Yurt for the 55 yr old brother of the new homeowner to have his own place n the backyard. The main house will be occupied by his sister and a few kids.

So as time has gone by we have discovered the brother is just a tad “off”.
The place reeks of sage as he has encounters with spirits/entities on a daily basis. That’s it in a nutshell...now let me tell you a few things he has said to me in the time I’ve been there. One more thing....he is EXTREMELY intelligent and her he cannot function n society. Okay, here goes...these r things he has told me.

“I believe the spirits do not mean harm to me or anyone else, yet they do enter my body and try and communicate through myself” Then he proceeded to ramble incoherently for approx 10 seconds while his eyes rolled back in his head. This is the second time I witnessed him when the spirits were using him to communicate with me.

Here’s another that bothered me...
“ I’m sure there are many people in prison who think the same way I do”
What n the fuck is THAT supposed to mean?

Yesterday, the most disturbing of all.
“ apparently, if a entity enters my body and if I were to kill someone, I would be responsible for its actions”
Now that really has me concerned.

So I told his sister about a few of his ramblings and she assured me he is harmless. I don’t give a shit...all it takes is for him to go off and then he is no longer “harmless”

So me and my wife came in one day and there was a partially assembled gun on the kitchen table. I could tell what it was but I knew it was a rifle and it appeared he was either cleaning it or putting it together.

I consider you guys to have some common sense. What are your thoughts on how I should proceed? I mean he hasn’t committed any crimes ....yet. Do I look like a chicken shit and tell the sister I’m not working there any longer? What do you guys think?
Person is mentally unstable. I would exit the job, and say you are no longer comfortable being there. I worked for a guy a few years ago that was a paranoid freak. He would keep a Glock on the side arm of his chair the entire time I was there. His explanation was that some guy in neighborhood was out to get him. The only reason I finished the job was because he was morbidly obese, and could barely get out of his chair. I kept my eye on him the whole time. Protecting yourself is not being a chicken shit. Get out and move on.
plowboy
6/21/2019 7:55pm
TXDirt wrote:
borg wrote:
That's it. Dogs do not like strangers with tool belts and power tools doing shit they are not used to. Some dog owners just don't get...
That's it. Dogs do not like strangers with tool belts and power tools doing shit they are not used to. Some dog owners just don't get it. I had the sweetest little white terrier that bit every one of my goddam friends. Never bit me, or my kids, or my wife. Bit one guy in the balls. I told him to quit fucking with her. I thought it was funny as hell. He didn't.
This hits me in the guts. Last year I took my best friend to the vet for a nail trim. He almost ate the vet and his helper alive. Pit/bully mix. The most loving and loyal dog to me and my family but strangers were in real danger. I loved that boy more than I can express but I could not, in good conscience, expose others to his aggressiveness. Through tears and snot and on my knees I had him put down. My love for him did not outweigh my responsibility as a citizen and neighbor.

As a 2 year old I was mauled by my parents Great Dane. 500+ stitches in my face...left ear sewn back on. My parents loved the dog so they gave him to a older guy. The dog ate his wife up real bad. He had to shoot him to stop him.

My point is...family is not objective. If YOU were concerned about this fella...so would others if they knew.
SEEMEFIRST
6/21/2019 8:00pm
Drill a hole in his receiver and drive a nail in it when he's not looking.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/21/2019 8:04pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
KennyT wrote:
It sure is...was not fun to build. It has a full bath and kitchen on it. Pretty unique but it is a very expensive room that...

Make sure you're paid in full, first. Then bring it up.
plowboy
6/21/2019 8:08pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
KennyT wrote:

GuyB wrote:
Evil goes without saying.
motogrady
6/21/2019 8:12pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
KennyT wrote:

GuyB wrote:
Laughing

KennyT
Fantasy
280th
6/21/2019 8:32pm
Deja New wrote:
At least 5-6 weeks. I’m concerned that’s for sure. Plotting escape routes if he decides to walk in with a gun one day. I mean really, works tough enough without having thoughts of being shot by a nut. What bothers me the most is that he is actually researching what would happen to him if he kills someone because a spirit/entity “caused” him to do it. That means it’s n his head. Its not just me either. The wood floor guy is 250 ibs of muscle and he’s scared shitless. He told the sister to not let him up n the house while he’s there. The other thing that bothers me is he is a genius. So if he does decide to nut up I’m afraid he will come up with a pretty thorough plan of execution.

I was thinking about going to law enforcement but wasn’t sure if they could do anything based on words. Then if he knows I went there and he doesn’t get locked up, I may be a target along with my family. Anyway thanks for all the thoughts everyone
plowboy
6/21/2019 8:57pm
Deja New wrote:
KennyT wrote:
At least 5-6 weeks. I’m concerned that’s for sure. Plotting escape routes if he decides to walk in with a gun one day. I mean really...
At least 5-6 weeks. I’m concerned that’s for sure. Plotting escape routes if he decides to walk in with a gun one day. I mean really, works tough enough without having thoughts of being shot by a nut. What bothers me the most is that he is actually researching what would happen to him if he kills someone because a spirit/entity “caused” him to do it. That means it’s n his head. Its not just me either. The wood floor guy is 250 ibs of muscle and he’s scared shitless. He told the sister to not let him up n the house while he’s there. The other thing that bothers me is he is a genius. So if he does decide to nut up I’m afraid he will come up with a pretty thorough plan of execution.

I was thinking about going to law enforcement but wasn’t sure if they could do anything based on words. Then if he knows I went there and he doesn’t get locked up, I may be a target along with my family. Anyway thanks for all the thoughts everyone
Not an easy call for sure. There's a reason his family are building him a place out back instead of in the house with everyone else. I know what I'd do but I ain't you and I ain't got any skin in the game which does make a difference. Good luck bro.
Deja New
6/21/2019 9:51pm
Deja New wrote:
KennyT wrote:
At least 5-6 weeks. I’m concerned that’s for sure. Plotting escape routes if he decides to walk in with a gun one day. I mean really...

Have you spoken to the Neighbours? talk to local law enforcement, ask them. Man you hear stories all the time of we knew something was wrong but no-one spoke up. if he is researching then he knows what he is doing no? looking for an excuse once he has done something? Like plowboy said once you are not there and he does something to someone after how would that make you feel knowing you could have said something. Hard ball this one Sad

Me i'd be at the local police station having an informative chat. You don't want to be a target but you do want to be safe, i have real empathy for you right now. Ask the Sister to keep him away from you while you are there at all times. Confront her with your fears not easy i know but better safe then sorry.

6/22/2019 3:57am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2019 3:57am
You can report it but nothing will happen until
He commits an actual crime. And being wierd isn’t a crime.

I wouldn’t hang around that place. Get your money and get out. not worth it. If you’re gut is tellin you to get out, get out.
Kenny Lingus
6/22/2019 6:25am
I'm not an alarmist and believe what you do in your home is private but, this guy seems like a legit psycho. I wouldn't go to the cops, I'd contact the FBI.
SEEMEFIRST
6/22/2019 6:14pm
This isn't an FBI issue.

Does this guy ever speak to you normally?
If not, it's a "wellness call" from the local police.
If he can pull off a decent conversation with them, that's about as far as it will go.

The locals might want to at least talk to him.

Tell them what you know, and see what they say.
If you're in fear working there, they should come have a conversation with him.
SEEMEFIRST
6/22/2019 6:16pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2019 6:18pm
Oh, you're pretty much an anonymous complainant unless they go to the court house to get that information. In most places I know of, the police can't say who called.
500guy
6/22/2019 7:06pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Oh, you're pretty much an anonymous complainant unless they go to the court house to get that information. In most places I know of, the police...
Oh, you're pretty much an anonymous complainant unless they go to the court house to get that information. In most places I know of, the police can't say who called.
Or He could accidentally shoot him in the temple with a Nail gun.

Problem solved society safe.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/22/2019 7:36pm
500guy wrote:
Or He could accidentally shoot him in the temple with a Nail gun.

Problem solved society safe.
MotoMo165
6/22/2019 8:17pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2019 8:22pm
TXDirt wrote:
borg wrote:
That's it. Dogs do not like strangers with tool belts and power tools doing shit they are not used to. Some dog owners just don't get...
Bro. Back when I was cleaning pools I use to always Walk into this one backyard and occasionally the dog would be outside. Pit bull. “Oh she’s Super friendly dog”, ya no shit to yall she is. Anyway, I walked in the yard forgetting about that mfer and by the time I had walked past the edge of the house with all the equipment in my hands the dog had walked past me to get out of the gate.
My instincts kicked in and thought holy hell I can’t let the dumb dog get out, grabbbed it’s on the ass and it snapped at me and I barely dodged it. damn near shit my pants 😂 another time It chased me out of the yard.
I’m dog friendly but strangers and dogs just don’t mix. Some people are forever ignorant “she’s a nice dog”🤦‍♂️

To the OP, the dude sounds like a nut for sure. Sucks the past 6 weeks have been shittier than usual just because of that alone. Hope your time is well compensated! Why in the hell would that family/sister allow someone like that to own a gun. FFS. I would definitely express your concerns about the brother to the sister.... your in a pickle for sure. It’ll probably be fine, but I feel your pain
Barrett57
6/23/2019 12:00am
I've worked at a house where the lady had attacked the previous builders with a kitchen knife, she was sectioned but I still did not enjoy working there. It does happen, I personally wouldn't want to be anywhere near that nutter.

Post a reply to: Ghost nut at work....thoughts?

The Latest