From my local news today...

thehuck.0
Edited Date/Time 1/4/2013 6:02pm
http://www.baxterbulletin.com/article/20130102/NEWS01/301020004/Man-hel…;

He used a claw hammer and knife. Would she be less dead if he used a gun? Crazy people will do crazy things.....
|
thehuck.0
1/2/2013 12:58pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2013 1:00pm
kongols wrote:
Imagine if this guy had an access to, lets say, AR-15.

https://youtu.be/DtXeiRYK8jA
He did.

You do realize that there is literally no difference between the two below guns, don't you?

Titan1
1/2/2013 1:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2013 3:31pm
kongols wrote:

But considering the type, and scope, of the government in that country; which is big and powerful enough to prevent him from having an AR, and the control it has over its citizens above and beyond that, in their day to day life...I'd rather live in a country where the people are free and where he had an AR (and ideally, in a country free enough that a teacher-or 10 teachers-in the school had a gun (s) too). Freedom isn't free...and sometimes it isn't just soldiers that pay the ultimate price for it.

Thanks for reminding us all how awesome America, and our freedom, really is!
Titan1
1/2/2013 1:01pm
kongols wrote:

thehuck.0 wrote:
He did. You do realize that there is literally no difference between the two below guns, don't you? [img]http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/7388132048/10499674/auction%20022.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg[/img] [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/AR15_A3_Tactical_Carbine_pic1.jpg[/img]
He did.

You do realize that there is literally no difference between the two below guns, don't you?

But one looks so much scarier...

The Shop

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
1/2/2013 1:16pm
7000 people die in prison violence every year, last i checked thats a gun free zone.
thehuck.0
1/2/2013 1:19pm
UpTiTe wrote:
7000 people die in prison violence every year, last i checked thats a gun free zone.
Yeah, but just think if they had AR-15's....
Titan1
1/2/2013 1:31pm
UpTiTe wrote:
thehuck.0 wrote:
Just think if they had F-22 Raptors?
thehuck.0
1/2/2013 1:43pm
UpTiTe wrote:
thehuck.0 wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
Just think if they had F-22 Raptors?
Who are we to say that they can't?
chuck317
1/2/2013 3:38pm
need more prisoners killed or send them to lva
jtomasik
1/2/2013 3:46pm
UpTiTe wrote:
So what we gun supporters are saying is that it'd be safer in prisons if we armed the prisoners. Totally cool. Hopefully they have web cams....I wouldn't want to miss that!
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
1/2/2013 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2013 3:53pm
jtomasik wrote:
So what we gun supporters are saying is that it'd be safer in prisons if we armed the prisoners. Totally cool. Hopefully they have web cams....I...
So what we gun supporters are saying is that it'd be safer in prisons if we armed the prisoners. Totally cool. Hopefully they have web cams....I wouldn't want to miss that!
I've never heard anyone support that arming violent & convicted felons would make anyone/anywhere safer. Smile
Those guys lose their rights for good once convicted.
chuck317
1/2/2013 4:38pm
UpTiTe wrote:
jtomasik wrote:
So what we gun supporters are saying is that it'd be safer in prisons if we armed the prisoners. Totally cool. Hopefully they have web cams....I...
i would pay to see that.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
1/2/2013 5:22pm Edited Date/Time 1/2/2013 5:23pm
thehuck.0 wrote:
He did. You do realize that there is literally no difference between the two below guns, don't you? [img]http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/7388132048/10499674/auction%20022.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg[/img] [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/AR15_A3_Tactical_Carbine_pic1.jpg[/img]
He did.

Smile

Most people couldn't tell the difference between these.

Tactical looking Mini 14.

or this Ruger AC 556 .

Most would think the top one was the most effective for laying down fire.
In all reality there is a big difference.
That AC 556 costs $5,000+ more then that tactical looking Mini14 and the AC is a true "assault weapon",full on reliable machine gun.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
1/2/2013 5:29pm
UpTiTe wrote:
jtomasik wrote:
Yeah thats exacly what I'm saying.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
1/2/2013 7:18pm
Titan1 wrote:
But considering the type, and scope, of the government in that country; which is big and powerful enough to prevent him from having an AR, and...
But considering the type, and scope, of the government in that country; which is big and powerful enough to prevent him from having an AR, and the control it has over its citizens above and beyond that, in their day to day life...I'd rather live in a country where the people are free and where he had an AR (and ideally, in a country free enough that a teacher-or 10 teachers-in the school had a gun (s) too). Freedom isn't free...and sometimes it isn't just soldiers that pay the ultimate price for it.

Freedom is very much up for interpretation, I consider having to arm myself with a gun for my own safety to be the very oppisite of Free, living in fear from attack is not freedom in my opinion,
Titan1
1/3/2013 9:16am
Titan1 wrote:
But considering the type, and scope, of the government in that country; which is big and powerful enough to prevent him from having an AR, and...

scott_nz wrote:
Freedom is very much up for interpretation, I consider having to arm myself with a gun for my own safety to be the very oppisite of...
Freedom is very much up for interpretation, I consider having to arm myself with a gun for my own safety to be the very oppisite of Free, living in fear from attack is not freedom in my opinion,
If you fear a dictatorship or tyrannical government less than you fear a lone gunman you've got serious issues, SERIOUS issues. And ultimately, if that is your position, you have absolutely zero credibility in this discussion.

I don't arm myself because I live in constant fear of being attacked (virtually no Americans do), that straw man argument was played out long long long ago...it holds no water, makes no sense, and is more appropriate for the stage at a comedy club than in a discussion about gun control...look, the assertion that Americans own guns because we live every day in constant fear just isn't true!

I own guns because I like to shoot them, because I like to hunt on occasion, because they've allowed me to protect livestock from predators...and THEN way down the list for home/personal protection. I expect to use guns to protect myself about as often as I use the fire insurance policy on my home (likely never). But, I don't see you making the argument that because Americans have fire insurance on their homes that we live in constant fear of arsons burning our homes down. We have fire insurance NOT because we are scared of fire, but because shit happens and its better to be prepared than not...the same applies to guns.
Torco1
1/3/2013 10:58am
If I'm going to be murdered by someone I would much rather them shoot me than beat me to death with a hammer, or stab me to death with a knife. And to go even further, if I'm going to be shot....I would prefer it to be by a weapon that would blow my head off to where I didn't feel anything as opposed to bleeding to death from multiple shots from a .22 handgun. That's just my sick and twisted opinion on all of this, if you're going to do me in.....I would prefer it to be as quick and painless as possible.
challenge8
1/4/2013 6:02pm
Australian Gun Law Update�

Here's a thought to warm some of your hearts....

... Hi Yanks, I thought you all would like to see the real
figures from Down Under.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to
surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own
government, a program costing Australia taxpayers
more than $500 million dollars.

The first year results are now in:
Australia-wide, homicides are up 6.2 percent,
Australia-wide, assaults are up 9.6 percent;
Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria.....
lone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.(Note that
while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not
and criminals still possess their guns!)
While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady
decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins andassaults of the elderly, while the resident is at home.

Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public
safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in 'successfully ridding Australian society of guns....' You won't see this on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the State Assembly disseminating this information.

The Australian experience speaks for itself. Guns in the
hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note Americans, before it's too late!
Will you be one of the sheep to turn yours in?
WHY? You will need it.

Post a reply to: From my local news today...

The Latest