Friends on the board

ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
Edited Date/Time 8/12/2022 4:38am
It looks like things (politically) are going to get pretty shitty soon. I'd just like to say in advance, to all the people that I piss off already that I actually consider friends in an unusual sort of way since we've never actually met.
Most of this time interacting with all of you guys has been pretty fun. I can't imagine you guys get to irritated by things a dummy like me has to say. You know what they say, if you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room. I guess I'm in the right room then. But in all seriousness I think the folks here are pretty good people. And I hope that the shit caused by people other than us does not turn us into people that when we one day meet we can't turn into real friends. I probably have to take a break from things like this since there are people that might read these threads and it could have a negative effect on my wife's business.
Anyway great group of people here, carry on folks.
TM
|
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
8/9/2022 8:12am
Most folk here appear to be awesome dudes and there are some that I hopefully will cross paths with when I get back that side.

We are all a pain in the arse at times...

Nice post btw.
Gworm
8/9/2022 8:20am
ToolMaker wrote:
It looks like things (politically) are going to get pretty shitty soon. I'd just like to say in advance, to all the people that I piss...
It looks like things (politically) are going to get pretty shitty soon. I'd just like to say in advance, to all the people that I piss off already that I actually consider friends in an unusual sort of way since we've never actually met.
Most of this time interacting with all of you guys has been pretty fun. I can't imagine you guys get to irritated by things a dummy like me has to say. You know what they say, if you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room. I guess I'm in the right room then. But in all seriousness I think the folks here are pretty good people. And I hope that the shit caused by people other than us does not turn us into people that when we one day meet we can't turn into real friends. I probably have to take a break from things like this since there are people that might read these threads and it could have a negative effect on my wife's business.
TM
I agree totally. We all just need to meet up and ride!
G-man
8/9/2022 9:02am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2022 1:46pm
Good post TM.
I was actually just thinking about this today maybe Guyb was right about not allowing politics. Unsure

it seems that it's getting out of control on here and dividing us.
Chance1216
8/9/2022 9:13am
There are a lot of good people within the forum.
I’ve always said, most of us would get along outside the forum even if many of us don’t share the same views.
We already have moto in common.

The Shop

sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
8/9/2022 9:35am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2022 9:40am
ToolMaker wrote:
It looks like things (politically) are going to get pretty shitty soon. I'd just like to say in advance, to all the people that I piss...
TM
Oh you pissed me off big time now fucker..... Laughing Words read on a website always come across more serious than if we were face to face. I like to treat this place like a campfire with your buddies if that makes any sense.
You can argue and disagree with your buddies around a campfire and say all kinds of shit, and then everyone laughs about it and there's zero weirdness (usually...lol) Sometimes that "lightness" I guess can get lost without the facial expressions and laughter, especially if its someone you've never met. Example, if I say shit like "Fuck those SxS's I hope they all go off a big jump and land on the moon where we never have to see them again" around the campfire, we'd all laugh about it. It doesn't mean I hate everyone who owns a SxS Laughing

Politics though ? Eeeeeeeeeeehhhh.... yeah.

good luck with that one hahaha.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
8/9/2022 9:47am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2022 9:49am
peelout wrote:
bunch of cunts
the lot
whyZ
8/9/2022 10:52am
Needed to be said, thanks TM. I always thought when Michael pull the gate on political discussion there was going to be a free-for-all for a while, and after a certain amount of time it'd wither down to a few hard chargers. And for the most part it did, and has.

But what I think differentiates us from the blowhards in the media is the open articulation of your position, belief's. I don't think this verbal dueling is detrimental to the board, or it's members. Does it get testy...? Uh, yeah but what place with a bunch guys hanging around doesn't? In fact I've read some very well formulated opinions of a position I don't necessarily agree with. Which has allowed me to maybe look at it in a different light. Could it be presented a little better, probably. Dose it contribute to or perpetuate some underlying animus of another member of this board, only if you let it.

Simply, joining this board is like gaining a family, and it goes about things the ways families do. Nobody on this forum would hesitate aiding someone on this board if they needed help, no matter who they are. We've seen it, and we did what we could. There are multiple discussion topics, in multiple categories on this forum. Pick and choose which one works best for you.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
8/9/2022 11:38am
I will cook for any of you and enjoy your company. if i go somewhere with you and I have 100 bucks, we have 100 bucks. Any of you can ride my bikes all you want but make sure you entitled lefties don't ride off with it. I'm joking, lefties can't ride. I'm joking again. All are welcome.
Rawly
8/9/2022 12:04pm
Thanks for this thread Toolmaker. The devision we are currently going through is pretty insane. As the old adage goes , “ divide and conquer “. We are doing exactly what China and Russia want us to do. Though this is just a message board on a motocross sight , it is a good sample of what our current state is. This gives me some hope that when the time comes , we can all unite once again as a country. Too bad it usually takes disasters to do so. As a Californian , the most unity I’ve felt in my community has been after our big earthquakes. I’m sure it’s the same for you guys who have dealt with hurricanes , wild fires , and other major disruptions. As stated above , it is our love for dirt bikes that unites this group , maybe the world just needs more riders 😎.
swordfish
8/9/2022 2:26pm
Boomslang wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/09/563306/s1200_images.jpeg_6.jpg[/img]

I don’t wanna be friends with you unless you’re a cunt.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/9/2022 4:57pm
G-man wrote:
Good post TM. I was actually just thinking about this today maybe Guyb was right about not allowing politics. :unsure: it seems that it's getting out...
Good post TM.
I was actually just thinking about this today maybe Guyb was right about not allowing politics. Unsure

it seems that it's getting out of control on here and dividing us.
I know we go back and forth with politics but I certainly do not think any less of someone who doesn’t share my political views. I have a lot of friends family on the opposite side of mine but I still love them all and we never get into it. We all respect each other enough to not delve into politics in person, and if one of us slips up the other one doesn’t engage. I loved TFS even though he was as far to the other side as it gets. I’d see him at the races and it was always smiles, handshakes and great conversation. I like just about everyone that’s been in this forum….there are a lot of very kind people
borg
8/9/2022 5:05pm
Just so you guys know, TM went out of his way, time and expense, to help me out with something. He means what he says.

He also thinks I'm a Biden loving, douche flute smoking, pinko. Wink
SEEMEFIRST
8/9/2022 6:03pm
Good work, Tooler.

But I gotta say is when I was tooling we didn't advertise too much. We aircrafters had to be a little more surreptitious.

I used to say "If you see my Mom, don't tell her that I'm an aircrafter, tell her that I'm a piano player in a whorehouse".
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
8/10/2022 8:03am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Good work, Tooler. But I gotta say is when I was tooling we didn't advertise too much. We aircrafters had to be a little more surreptitious...
Good work, Tooler.

But I gotta say is when I was tooling we didn't advertise too much. We aircrafters had to be a little more surreptitious.

I used to say "If you see my Mom, don't tell her that I'm an aircrafter, tell her that I'm a piano player in a whorehouse".
Thanks everyone. This board is and will continue to be a great place. I still plan on lurking a lot and posting in the
noncontroversial threads.
Anyway, screen name is more of a double entendre. While I grew up in a machine shop, virtually all manual stuff.
Not a Tool Maker as most people take it. While I've gotten the opportunity to make some really cool stuff from chunks of metal, I just don't like things that are difficult for no reason. So whenever I can, I make a lot of specialty tools to make life easier. Same as a welder might make jigs for everything to make life easier. When you have access to a machine shop and waterjetting you can make all kinds of fun stuff.
TM
JustMX
8/12/2022 4:05am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Good work, Tooler. But I gotta say is when I was tooling we didn't advertise too much. We aircrafters had to be a little more surreptitious...
Good work, Tooler.

ToolMaker wrote:
Thanks everyone. This board is and will continue to be a great place. I still plan on lurking a lot and posting in the noncontroversial threads...
Thanks everyone. This board is and will continue to be a great place. I still plan on lurking a lot and posting in the
noncontroversial threads.
Anyway, screen name is more of a double entendre. While I grew up in a machine shop, virtually all manual stuff.
Not a Tool Maker as most people take it. While I've gotten the opportunity to make some really cool stuff from chunks of metal, I just don't like things that are difficult for no reason. So whenever I can, I make a lot of specialty tools to make life easier. Same as a welder might make jigs for everything to make life easier. When you have access to a machine shop and waterjetting you can make all kinds of fun stuff.
TM
I envy your access to tools to make stuff.

I do what I can with a grinder, a torch, and a welder, but my dad was a machinist and I wish I had gotten a mill and a lathe and learned more from him.

As far as the OP. I agree completely.

I enjoy the board more now that the discussion of previously banned topics is permitted.

Sometimes I see some get a little carried away (imo) and post topic after topic of repetitive stuff and wish they would cool it just a bit, as much in concern for them having a stroke or aneurysm as whether I agree with them or not.

I do really appreciate the diversity and knowledge on a variety of topics here all brought together by the love of the awesome lifestyle that is moto.
wwdiii
8/12/2022 4:37am
What’s a Cunt, sometimes I don’t catch on quick. Maybe a picture.
wwdiii
8/12/2022 4:38am
What a minute no pictures of Liz Chaney !!

Post a reply to: Friends on the board

The Latest