Flatout111's Universal Records Official Music Videos/Music Career. (I'm drummer Marc Anthony)

flatout111
Edited Date/Time 12/16/2017 9:52am
This is by request for Donovan759 and also for anyone else on Vital who may be interested. You know me as flatout111 but my real name is Marc Anthony. And yes, that is my real name, though never married to JLo. Smile This is one of several videos I did with Universal Records with my band at the time, The Fifth. I've recorded several albums with various artists on different record labels, toured the US, Japan and Europe as well as releasing my own solo CD entitled Angel of Mercy. I'm the drummer, btw. Hope you guys enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/CJnmWVbZKf8

|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/29/2017 7:01pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2017 7:04pm
So are you guys still touring?

Sex, drugs/booze, rock 'n roll, groupies, the whole shebang? Awesome.

Edit: Man, you should have some really good stories to tell.
flatout111
11/29/2017 7:20pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2017 7:21pm
I left that band due to personal differences but I still play, record and write and am involved in several different projects now. I was fortunate enough to tour the US, Europe and Japan with various bands. And I was THIS close to getting the gig with CC DeVille (of Poison) as his solo tour drummer. Unfortunately, his record company pulled the plug on the whole tour so it didn't happen. Got to jam with CC several times though. Another Ralph connection as he and CC (as well as Bret) are good buddies.

And for the record...all the stories of rock and roll and being on the road and the wild times....yeah, they are all true. And then some! Crazy. I stayed completely away from the drugs and booze but there was plenty of good times, trust me.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/29/2017 7:25pm
How long were you on the road?

Biggest show?

Smallest show?

Best tour?

Worst tour?

Who did you tour with?

Favorite country?

Least favorite country?

Biggest band you guys opened for?

How TF does a rockstar get into moto? Lol.
flatout111
11/29/2017 7:53pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2017 7:57pm
How long were you on the road? Started clubbing at 15. Played tons of shows every week for years. Never really stopped. Just got a bit more picky in gig selection/jobs over the years. I'm 40 now. Only toured consistently for a few years though. That vid was in 09/10 I think. Prob closest I ever got to making it. Like really making it. Along with the CC deal which was just after that.

Biggest show? 22,000 with Queensryche and about 30,000 with Nickelback.

Smallest show? Like 5 people. Seriously.

Best tour? tour of Japan in 08.

Worst tour? A small US tour in the dead winter in Pittsburgh. Small crowds. Freezing cold.

Who did you tour with? Most of the tours were in support but not mega big bands.

Favorite country? Japan. No brainer.

Least favorite country? Played in Hawaii. Cool place but we didn't get much support. I have been endorsed with Sonor drums but they couldn't get a kit there so I played on some real garbage kits. Not fun.

Biggest band you guys opened for? I've played with a lot of different bands and have opened for the likes of Nickelback, Queensryche, Ace Frehley, Buckcherry, Warrant, Pantera, Kansas, Firehouse, LA Guns...God, you name it. I thought we blew Nickelback away, for the record. Lol.

How TF does a rockstar get into moto? Lol. I was into MX as a kid then got into music but never lost my moto roots. And now I do both. But MX/SX is more my passion. Music sorta became a job which is both good and bad.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/29/2017 8:09pm
flatout111 wrote:
How long were you on the road? Started clubbing at 15. Played tons of shows every week for years. Never really stopped. Just got a bit...
How long were you on the road? Started clubbing at 15. Played tons of shows every week for years. Never really stopped. Just got a bit more picky in gig selection/jobs over the years. I'm 40 now. Only toured consistently for a few years though. That vid was in 09/10 I think. Prob closest I ever got to making it. Like really making it. Along with the CC deal which was just after that.

Worst tour? A small US tour in the dead winter in Pittsburgh. Small crowds. Freezing cold.

Who did you tour with? Most of the tours were in support but not mega big bands.

Least favorite country? Played in Hawaii. Cool place but we didn't get much support. I have been endorsed with Sonor drums but they couldn't get a kit there so I played on some real garbage kits. Not fun.

Biggest band you guys opened for? I've played with a lot of different bands and have opened for the likes of Nickelback, Queensryche, Ace Frehley, Buckcherry, Warrant, Pantera, Kansas, Firehouse, LA Guns...God, you name it. I thought we blew Nickelback away, for the record. Lol.

How TF does a rockstar get into moto? Lol. I was into MX as a kid then got into music but never lost my moto roots. And now I do both. But MX/SX is more my passion. Music sorta became a job which is both good and bad.
Awesome. Thanks.

Lol at the 5 people gig. Guess people got to start somewhere but as long as you guys got paid WGAF.

As for Nickelback, I was never into them and the US can keep them along with Bieber.

I think I would of ditched the moto life for a chance at the rockstar life if I had any musical skills. No brainer. Travel the world on someone else's dime and getting paid to do it...who wouldn't sign up for that.

How did you cope with it when it came to an end?
flatout111
11/29/2017 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2017 8:25pm
Some cool photos you may enjoy.

Me and CC.

Me and Gene of KISS at the Ace shows.

Me and Eric Singer of KISS in Tokyo, Japan.

My Regal Tip drumstick ad.

Back of the Sonor Drums catalog. I'm on top (thanks to the alphabet) with some exceptional talented drummers!

My Sonor Drums ad.

My Angel of Mercy: Marc Anthony solo CD.

And lastly, me and my beautiful Wife of 8 years now. My princess from Hawaii.

flatout111
11/29/2017 8:37pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2017 8:42pm
flatout111 wrote:
How long were you on the road? Started clubbing at 15. Played tons of shows every week for years. Never really stopped. Just got a bit...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Awesome. Thanks. Lol at the 5 people gig. Guess people got to start somewhere but as long as you guys got paid WGAF. As for Nickelback...
Awesome. Thanks.

Lol at the 5 people gig. Guess people got to start somewhere but as long as you guys got paid WGAF.

As for Nickelback, I was never into them and the US can keep them along with Bieber.

I think I would of ditched the moto life for a chance at the rockstar life if I had any musical skills. No brainer. Travel the world on someone else's dime and getting paid to do it...who wouldn't sign up for that.

How did you cope with it when it came to an end?
Thanks for your interest, my friend. I hate Nickelback, musically. Good guys, though. Oh yeah, also add Extreme, Alice in Chains to that list. I could name 100 more bands you would know. But back to Nickelback...they knew where their bread was buttered. They wanted to be a metal band but knew what sold.

What's funny is the 5 people show were like two of the bands chicks and like 3 others. Lol. It was funny actually. What can you do??

Did you know that for KISS' very first show no one showed up. Not one paying customer. There you go.

As far as when it was over...well, I still play, record and write. But the crazy touring and partying is over. I wanted it to be. It was a blast but I grew tired of it. I wanted a normal life, to go to Budds Creek and be able to go to races or do studio gigs for hire and not locked down to contracts all the time. I chose to leave. My own terms. It was a bit hard to lose the rockstar feeling like how people treat you but honestly I still get that most places I go. So go figure.

But as I stated, I still record, play, write and teach so I still am super involved in both music and moto. But I am happy to be home more with my Wife and happy I made it thru the craziness relatively unscathed. Lol. But man I did some stupid things. Good times, though. But I am super proud of my past, musically, and moving forward. But I also was getting over all the craziness. The shows, the parties, the photo shoots and locations and ummm....additional ladies hanging around. Man, it was crazy. All the time. It was just freakin' crazy. I loved it but I wanted something more real and someone more real. And I found her. It's funny. She could care less about my music career and that I was a "rockstar". Lol. But that's a good thing. Also, the fact the music became so business like. It wasn't about music anymore which sucked.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/29/2017 8:56pm
So is Gene as much into himself as he appears to be lol. As for Nickelback yeah a lot of people don't like them but if I'd be anyone one of them I couldn't care less what anyone thought. They're set for life no matter if they don't release another single or album.

I can see how you or anyone else would want a normal life at some point. I've seen videos/documentaries of bands and they travel so much some of them don't even know what day of the week it or even what part of the world they're in. Easy to see how some get mixed up with drugs and alcohol. As they say the show must go on but at some point the body can only take so much abuse.

No one might of showed up at the first KISS concert but that doesn't matter in the gramd scheme of things. One of the most successful bands of all times. They're before my time but I like some of their stuff.

Nonetheless it's pretty cool that you were able to make a living doing something you really loved and enjoyed doing. Hell the life experience alone would be worth it if you ask me.

Nickelback as a metal band lol I don't see it. Maybe if they one day release some of the stuff they were doing before they were Nickelback and became a huge success.
TXDirt
11/29/2017 9:03pm
Cool shit bud. Bet you have some great stories!
flatout111
11/29/2017 9:05pm
Gene is very friendly, super intelligent and a legend. Yeah, a bit full of himself but who can blame him? Love Paul Stanley but have never met him personally. He's my idol for sure along with various drummers. And Stew, of course!!
flatout111
11/29/2017 9:09pm
TXDirt wrote:
Cool shit bud. Bet you have some great stories!
Thanks bro. I don't talk about it on here till now but yeah if you only knew. I could kill you guys with stories.
Hut
11/29/2017 9:33pm
Other than yourself, Who is your favorite drummer?
jeffro503
11/29/2017 10:22pm
Marc....that is badass man! Sounds like you had / have a great thing going in the music biz. Very cool pics and so forth too!
flatout111
11/30/2017 1:40am Edited Date/Time 11/30/2017 1:41am
Hut wrote:
Other than yourself, Who is your favorite drummer?
This cat named Vik Foxx from the glam band Enuff Znuff. I stole my whole look and his showmanship thing. But he was a killer player. Love that dude. I ripped off my whole thing from him. Lol.

I started because of Eric Carr of KISS and he's right there too. Creatures of the Night. Just thunderous. Eric Singer who's now the current KISS drummer. Peter wasn't nearly as good as those two but I dug him too and how he brought the drummer to the forefront.

Also Carmine Appice, Robert Sweet of Stryper Tommy Lee, Neil Peart, Denny Carmassi of Heart. Then I also dug the old school guys like Louie Bellson, Ed Shaughnessy, of course Bonham. Love the jazz cats too. I'm also big into soundtrack scores. Love all kinds of music not just drumming. I sing lead on my Angel of Mercy stuff as well as write everything on guitar and piano. Paul Stanley of KISS and Daniel Johns of Sulverchair are two of my biggest influences and they're singers/songwriters.

Oh yeah, Jason Patterson who was my drum teacher from the band Cry of Love.
flatout111
11/30/2017 1:43am
jeffro503 wrote:
Marc....that is badass man! Sounds like you had / have a great thing going in the music biz. Very cool pics and so forth too!
Thanks Jeffro. I'll share some more tomorrow. Pretty interesting career that I'm thankful for.

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
11/30/2017 1:55am
That's funny you mention Daniel Johns, he was born in Newcastle, our little "city" about 20 minutes north of me and 40 minutes east of where Reedy is from.

Good shit by the way!
Spydee
11/30/2017 3:32am Edited Date/Time 11/30/2017 3:34am
That's pretty cool, though why did you finally come out with the truth 2 years after you joined?? Tongue

Did you ever do a UK tour?
flatout111
11/30/2017 3:52am
EZZA 95B wrote:
That's funny you mention Daniel Johns, he was born in Newcastle, our little "city" about 20 minutes north of me and 40 minutes east of where...
That's funny you mention Daniel Johns, he was born in Newcastle, our little "city" about 20 minutes north of me and 40 minutes east of where Reedy is from.

Good shit by the way!
Thanks! I love Silverchair, especially Diorama. Daniel's a genius.
Donovan759
11/30/2017 5:04am Edited Date/Time 11/30/2017 5:11am
Very cool dude. This is awesome stuff. I'll have to listen to more of the videos that you posted tonight when I get home. Sounds like you have some really cool opportunities. Loved reading all your answers to the questions in this thread. Its a shame your worst tour experience was in my hometown. Laughing .. But the hardcore scene & the music scene in general here has continued to struggle to really take off so I'm not surprised.
flatout111
11/30/2017 5:42am Edited Date/Time 11/30/2017 5:43am
Spydee wrote:
That's pretty cool, though why did you finally come out with the truth 2 years after you joined?? Tongue

Thanks everyone. I'll post some more cool stuff tonight you'll enjoy.

I never really talked about my music career because, well, this is a moto forum. I don't talk about myself much. But when it came up about how much Ralph loves rock and how I've spoke with him a bit I guess it led to talking about it.

I've always wanted to go to the UK but never have. When I almost got the CC DeVille gig the UK was in the plans. Never happened though. But hey, I was pumped he picked me. The tour just didn't get finances.
flatout111
11/30/2017 5:47am Edited Date/Time 11/30/2017 5:47am
Btw, the video of the show with CC was fan film shot by someone in the crowd. At Myrtle Beach, SC. Not good quality but still cool. Ah man, if the tour had just been greenlit. He said I was way better than his Poison drummer. Lol. Thought that was funny. Good times!
flatout111
11/30/2017 5:48am
Ralph loves the CC video, btw. He is super close with CC and Bret.
11/30/2017 5:56am
Warrant drummer is big into moto too. Now relocated In Cleveland. the breakfast club he plays with now maybe? Seen them a few times. Good times. You probably know him.

Cool thread. First vid was awesome. Great moto music. Haven’t watched the rest yet. Gonna go do just now!

I’m a firm believer in we don’t pick the wife the wife picks us. lol
Spydee
11/30/2017 6:10am
Spydee wrote:

flatout111 wrote:
Thanks everyone. I'll post some more cool stuff tonight you'll enjoy. I never really talked about my music career because, well, this is a moto forum...
Thanks everyone. I'll post some more cool stuff tonight you'll enjoy.

I never really talked about my music career because, well, this is a moto forum. I don't talk about myself much. But when it came up about how much Ralph loves rock and how I've spoke with him a bit I guess it led to talking about it.

I've always wanted to go to the UK but never have. When I almost got the CC DeVille gig the UK was in the plans. Never happened though. But hey, I was pumped he picked me. The tour just didn't get finances.
Really cool to hear your stories, and I'm glad you shared your experiences and videos on here, I'm always looking for new music and yours is right up my alley. Bit gutted you aren't on Spotify though!

Shame the UK tour fell through in the end Sad
flatout111
11/30/2017 6:23am
Warrant drummer is big into moto too. Now relocated In Cleveland. the breakfast club he plays with now maybe? Seen them a few times. Good times...
Warrant drummer is big into moto too. Now relocated In Cleveland. the breakfast club he plays with now maybe? Seen them a few times. Good times. You probably know him.

Cool thread. First vid was awesome. Great moto music. Haven’t watched the rest yet. Gonna go do just now!

I’m a firm believer in we don’t pick the wife the wife picks us. lol
I've met him on several occasions but can't say I really know him. Nice dude, though.

Yeah, the wife def picks us.

Post a reply to: Flatout111's Universal Records Official Music Videos/Music Career. (I'm drummer Marc Anthony)

The Latest