Financing a Garage... Options/Opinions?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/13/2018 6:49 AM

Deal Brothers Trailers wrote:

Dont do it Cheap....please no OSB on the walls...painted or otherwise.

For the floor...I regret having epoxy put down...if I had it to do again I would just stain and seal the concrete floor.

Once you begin...do it all and do it quickly and complete...dont drag it out...if it cost you a little more dough...get it done.

If you can get the 20k and add it to your mortgage...thats a no brainer.

Everybody I know with drywall in their garages here says not to do it. The air here is constantly wet. And I already have all the material.

A sealed concrete floor is not fun to step on to with ice and snow covered rubber boots. I'll leave it bare simply because I'm not here forever and I won't see any return on that. I don't let oil or chemicals hit the floor and if they do I immediately put down absorbent.

I would really like to make it a fancy shop, but that would be lost money here... The next place will hopefully have a tall shop for a vehicle lift etc.

|

1/13/2018 6:53 AM

Dont do it Cheap....please no OSB on the walls...painted or otherwise.

For the floor...I regret having epoxy put down...if I had it to do again I would just stain and seal the concrete floor.

Once you begin...do it all and do it quickly and complete...dont drag it out...if it cost you a little more dough...get it done.

If you can get the 20k and add it to your mortgage...thats a no brainer.

MR. X wrote:

He's from canada. You ever walked on sealed concrete with snow on your boots ? Its dangerously slick.

I'm from Tennessee
We get snow twice a year.
My opinion was based on my situation.

Note to OP...You are from Canada, it snows a lot there, sealed concrete might not fit your needs.

|

2019 KTM 350 XCF
Single Track Warrior

1/13/2018 7:06 AM

I'm from Tennessee
We get snow twice a year.
My opinion was based on my situation.

Note to OP...You are from Canada, it snows a lot there, sealed concrete might not fit your needs.

The guy next door sealed his new sidewalk this year ,i'm reminded everytime i almost break my ass while walking the dog.laughing

|