Finally...a commercial with a guy that looks like me, wearing a suit that looks like mine...

Stephon
Edited Date/Time 9/13/2015 3:53pm

I'm the guy in the elevator.
The guy wearing the tie.
The guy wearing the tie in the blue suit.

Okay, I'm the black guy...in the elevator.
|
teggers
9/9/2015 1:46am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2015 1:50am
The first time I saw that commercial I completely thought of you keep in mind we never met ...I think I saw you on Seinfeld or friends or Fraser for one of those TV shows so I know you're black and bald ......... now that I think about it you also where the coffee cup guy in the airport ( notice I didn't say black coffee cup guy)
RMT
9/9/2015 5:11am
Awesome.
KMC440
9/9/2015 5:36am
Stephon rockin another commercial.....

Caption time for what he was tellin the stiff in the suit.

And weren't you wearin a blue suit at the airport ?

The Shop

newmann
9/9/2015 6:01am
Black guy in the suit.....

The guy on the rent.com commercials is ripping off your look. You need to go kick his ass sir.Smile

Congrats on the new spot!
Bob693
9/9/2015 6:29am
Very cool, congrats on the new spot. Building that resume.
Sandberm
9/9/2015 6:46am
The "white guy in the suit" kinda looks like Mathew Perry.

Good job Stephon...but please dont typecast yourself into only playing the "black guy in a suit" parts.Cool
Stephon
9/10/2015 2:22am
teggers wrote:
The first time I saw that commercial I completely thought of you keep in mind we never met ...I think I saw you on Seinfeld or...
The first time I saw that commercial I completely thought of you keep in mind we never met ...I think I saw you on Seinfeld or friends or Fraser for one of those TV shows so I know you're black and bald ......... now that I think about it you also where the coffee cup guy in the airport ( notice I didn't say black coffee cup guy)
Yeah teggers, there are reruns out there of Friends and a few Fraiser episodes that I'm in. And yes, I was in the Southwest Airlines spot with the coffee.

Uncle Tony, the pay can be anywhere from the minimum of $627.75 for the days work if the spot never airs and one never receives and holding fees; just had that happen on a Sprint spot I did in May. On the other end it can be tens of thousands of dollars, even rarely, 6 figures, depending on how it airs. There is potentially very good money in it...if you can get the work.

KMC440, I'm not even sure what I was saying in the commercial! Kind of a long story. There 6 or so actors, but there was on line at the callback that nobody wanted to say. In fact, I thought I totally blew the callback because I flubbed the line so bad. Fortunately, I didn't have that in the spot, and actually they changed it into something much easier to say in the end anyway. Myself, and my CEO were in the elevator, 30 seconds before the first take and my lines finally came in, written in red ink, I could barely even read it and....ACTION! Your guess is as good as mine as to what I said. Yes, I was wearing a blue suit in the airport too, but this one was my personal suit...I even received a small fee for wearing it.

newmann, I agree, asses need to be kicked!

Sandberm, definitely not Matthew Perry...he's way too busy counting those Friends residuals! Or putting in motos, Super nice guy.

Thanks for the kind words guys!
hvaughn88
9/10/2015 5:25am
Stephon wrote:
Yeah teggers, there are reruns out there of Friends and a few Fraiser episodes that I'm in. And yes, I was in the Southwest Airlines spot...
Yeah teggers, there are reruns out there of Friends and a few Fraiser episodes that I'm in. And yes, I was in the Southwest Airlines spot with the coffee.

Uncle Tony, the pay can be anywhere from the minimum of $627.75 for the days work if the spot never airs and one never receives and holding fees; just had that happen on a Sprint spot I did in May. On the other end it can be tens of thousands of dollars, even rarely, 6 figures, depending on how it airs. There is potentially very good money in it...if you can get the work.

KMC440, I'm not even sure what I was saying in the commercial! Kind of a long story. There 6 or so actors, but there was on line at the callback that nobody wanted to say. In fact, I thought I totally blew the callback because I flubbed the line so bad. Fortunately, I didn't have that in the spot, and actually they changed it into something much easier to say in the end anyway. Myself, and my CEO were in the elevator, 30 seconds before the first take and my lines finally came in, written in red ink, I could barely even read it and....ACTION! Your guess is as good as mine as to what I said. Yes, I was wearing a blue suit in the airport too, but this one was my personal suit...I even received a small fee for wearing it.

newmann, I agree, asses need to be kicked!

Sandberm, definitely not Matthew Perry...he's way too busy counting those Friends residuals! Or putting in motos, Super nice guy.

Thanks for the kind words guys!
Stephon, which episodes of friends are you in? I'm a huge friends fan and still watch it all the time. I need to go back through my seasons to pick you out. Very, very cool! Congrats and I'm looking forward to seeing you in future roles.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/10/2015 7:01pm
Way cool, Stephon.
Two Bit
9/11/2015 11:47am Edited Date/Time 9/11/2015 11:53am
Do you even lift bro?

I forgot,you call them elevators over the pond
Joke cancelled
Stephon
9/12/2015 4:01pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Stephon, which episodes of friends are you in? I'm a huge friends fan and still watch it all the time. I need to go back through...
Stephon, which episodes of friends are you in? I'm a huge friends fan and still watch it all the time. I need to go back through my seasons to pick you out. Very, very cool! Congrats and I'm looking forward to seeing you in future roles.
Actually, my lines didn't make the final edit, but the name of it is The One Where The Girl Who Hits Joey. It guest-starred Soilel Moon Frye. I can be seen in the episode and I get residuals, but my dialogue was left on the cutting room floor. It was my very first TV gig.
TerryB
9/13/2015 6:43am
Cool. I enjoy your spots.

Post a reply to: Finally...a commercial with a guy that looks like me, wearing a suit that looks like mine...

The Latest