Figured for sure there'd be a Larson discussion

hillbilly
4/13/2020 3:41pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2020 4:17am
One word ruins your career

Is there any other word that can do that?
|
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
4/13/2020 3:45pm
hillbilly wrote:

"How you the hell you go and get fired on your day off?"

That word.
Nighttrain
4/13/2020 4:47pm
It takes a special kind of dumb to get suspended while the racing season itself has been suspended.
APLMAN99
4/13/2020 6:15pm
hillbilly wrote:

There are a couple......
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
4/13/2020 8:45pm
It used to be one word, now there are many that will ruin a career. He will go through sensitivity training and be back, but sponsorship will be a tough sell for any team owner. It’s a shame, he is one of the sports bright young stars and now he is pretty well screwed for the immediate future

Bubba Wallace got fired last week for quitting n the middle of a I-race. These guys need to get off the simulators and back in the seat of real cars

The Shop

jeffro503
4/13/2020 9:00pm
What's funny is , some of you may think the insults only go one way.......they do not! It's not just in racing games , but any games. It sucks , but you need to learn to mute your damn head phones. Kyle is in the lime light and should have never said that stupid shit , but to think it only goes one way , makes you naive.
Sweetd31
4/13/2020 9:47pm
I’ve been way too active on vital today... but when a man makes an honest error in absence of malice, I will always have their back. Everybody deserves a slap on the wrist, I get sick of these corporations trying to save face over shit people can just get over, and are gonna forget about anyways.
Sweetd31
4/13/2020 9:47pm
I’m sure he feels like shit
Motofinne
4/13/2020 10:47pm
I can't believe that some think that was some kind of "honest mistake".

There are two explanations if you use that word. Either you're a racist or you're a troll that wants to provoke to the maximum. I don't think Larson is a 4chan troll.

The dude deserves everything that he is facing.
Sweetd31
4/14/2020 12:06am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2020 12:14am
Motofinne wrote:
I can't believe that some think that was some kind of "honest mistake". There are two explanations if you use that word. Either you're a racist...

There are two explanations if you use that word. Either you're a racist or you're a troll that wants to provoke to the maximum. I don't think Larson is a 4chan troll.

Well man... might be difficult for you to understand this, but where I am from, white, black, mexican, asian, middle easterner, that word gets used a lot very casually. Not saying it is right, but if you shall have the truth, that word gets used very playfully, and no one EVER gets their feelings hurt. Hell, the amount of black people who have called me that word or used it around me would stun you. Dont blame me, I am just a messenger.

I genuinely believe he uses it casually a lot, and had a major brain-fart. I think he thought he was speaking to a friend privately, which hell we all say stupid shit when we are in private.

I just believe in forgiveness, and cant stand peoples lives being ruined the way they are these days. I treat everyone as the individuals they are. But honestly, I do not watch Nascar or know who this dude is... TBH.

By no means am I defending this, I am just saying I understand it, as a human . There are just so many people with nothing going in their lives, that want to strip everything away from you first chance they get by creating an outrage, demanding for your termination or even worse, dox you.
Sweetd31
4/14/2020 12:26am
I live in Houston btw, melting pot USA, and I love it for that. Traffic and summers fucking blow though. anyyyywayyyys, just dont be so angry, shit happens, and we should have compassion for others during their (our) darkest times. We could all use a few people in our corner. We need to learn from our mistakes, and we must leave room for other people to grow as well.
KMC440
4/14/2020 12:48am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2020 2:13am
Hell I've got a few friends, who are black and they greet me with "whut up my ni##ah" every time we meet up. Yeah I know "it's ok for THEM to say" ...

When THEM stop trying to play the double standard race card when this word is used in practically every rap album ever produced. ... once that all stops I'll care about it. Till then it's just a word.

Blazzing Saddles ... watch and learn kids.

Target = Hypocrisy
https://www.target.com/c/rap-all-music-genres-movies-books/cd/-/N-5xswj…
hillbilly
4/14/2020 7:39am
Motofinne wrote:
I can't believe that some think that was some kind of "honest mistake". There are two explanations if you use that word. Either you're a racist...

Sweetd31 wrote:
Well man... might be difficult for you to understand this, but where I am from, white, black, mexican, asian, middle easterner, that word gets used a...
Well man... might be difficult for you to understand this, but where I am from, white, black, mexican, asian, middle easterner, that word gets used a lot very casually. Not saying it is right, but if you shall have the truth, that word gets used very playfully, and no one EVER gets their feelings hurt. Hell, the amount of black people who have called me that word or used it around me would stun you. Dont blame me, I am just a messenger.

I genuinely believe he uses it casually a lot, and had a major brain-fart. I think he thought he was speaking to a friend privately, which hell we all say stupid shit when we are in private.

I just believe in forgiveness, and cant stand peoples lives being ruined the way they are these days. I treat everyone as the individuals they are. But honestly, I do not watch Nascar or know who this dude is... TBH.

By no means am I defending this, I am just saying I understand it, as a human . There are just so many people with nothing going in their lives, that want to strip everything away from you first chance they get by creating an outrage, demanding for your termination or even worse, dox you.
I can change the band on the radio from my regular rush Limbaugh AM to FM and find that rap station and hear the word endlessly.

So,isn't it reverse racism that a white boy can't say what poc say all the time?

I use it as a verb,like when some peckerwood drives a half inch socket on a 13 mm nut

Man,I'd like to hear what bubba Wallace thinks,he could help the entire situation,or make it worse I guess.

Be cool to hear what he really thinks though
4/14/2020 7:49am
These guys get complacent and cocky forgetting where their $$$ comes from. At that level they're corporate spokespeople. Kyle could be reinstated by the time they go back racing. He'll have to find new sponsors...maybe a ride too...meanwhile Ross Chastain is watching this whole thing like

KMC440
4/14/2020 11:08am
More midget and sprint cars ! ! !
HondaMan66
4/14/2020 12:47pm
I hate to see this happening to him.
I hope he has enough $ in the bank to do whatever he wants for the rest of his life. He’s a great race car driver. I’d even go as far as saying he had championship potential.
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
4/14/2020 1:46pm
KMC440 wrote:
yep, hopefully he will be back down here this summer. love watching him in a midget
Motox627!
4/14/2020 2:15pm
KMC440 wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
yep, hopefully he will be back down here this summer. love watching him in a midget
Its "little people", not midget! Racist prick! SillyCool
KMC440
4/14/2020 3:11pm
KMC440 wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
Motox627! wrote:
Midgets do RACE ... but "little people" isn't a race.

But then again "little people" do RACE .... 😉
And they do crash ...
https://youtu.be/5e93QcZ34WQ
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
4/14/2020 3:14pm
It’s a shame a total brain fart will cost one of the sports brightest stars his job. It was his contract year and it was rumored it would have been a 8 figure deal. I can’t blame Chip for letting him go, it’s not his call as much as it is his sponsors who would pull out any funding for his driver. It’s a shame one little mistake can cost someone in the limelight their career. My god he’d be forgiven sooner if he killed someone. I wish him the best of luck in getting through this and one day coming back strong. He is such a talent and he would be a tremendous asset to any Motorsport.

The other word that would have been a career ended is “Fag”. If he called the spotter a Fag he would have been given just as much backlash. Which makes no sense. I grew up in Palm Springs....that hot sandy shithole desert. It became one of the gay capitals of the world so I dealt with my share of gays n the remodeling trade. They called one another fags. My mom was known as the “fag hag” by her neighbors. Her street was approx 80% gays. It was a term of endearment as they were all friends and very good neighbors. Anyway back on subject...Kyle deserved some discipline, I just don’t think it should be a career wonder which it may turn out to be. He’s a likable kid
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
4/14/2020 3:19pm
KMC440 wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
Motox627! wrote:
i'm not so much of a Rico fan tho Wink however his mullet is epic
MXMattii
4/14/2020 4:55pm
This Monza Madness was a race: Goofing around with friends and he said this word that shouldn't be said. But when I watch ESPN News I sometimes see other sportsman get a slip on the wrists or a few games suspension because they've beaten their wife. After that suspension they go on with playing. Same sport, same team, same sponsors, ...

He should've been sanctioned but to lose his career over this?! Make him do community work with black people so they can explain him why this word hurt them so much. Chip could take his pay and give it to charity... If you want you can handle this differently but with the big economical problems coming up, this was a great opportunity to escape.
JAFO92
4/14/2020 5:46pm
Cmon back to the dirt track Kyle, you belong in a sprinter anyway with fans/sponsors that wont go all PC and bail on you.
hillbilly
4/14/2020 6:26pm
So McDonald's dropped him while refusing to serve blacks in china?

Is that right?
KMC440
4/14/2020 11:44pm Edited Date/Time 4/15/2020 3:39am
BBC News ...
A video shared on social media showed a notice that read: “We’ve been informed that from now on black people are not allowed to enter the restaurant."

McDonald's said that when it found out about the notice it temporarily closed the restaurant.

Tensions have been running high between Africans and local people in the city.
...end quote...

It is an amazing little marble spinning through space we're on ...
10000hrs
4/15/2020 6:05am
Kyle Larson Rehabilitation Plan

1. Heart felt apology. Done.
2. Go on Al Sharpton show and suck up.
3. Go on Joy Reids show and suck up.
4. Go to 40 hrs of diversity training. ( Nascar precedent for this)
5. forty hours of community service.
6. Teach a driving school for inner city kids
7. Pay a $50,000 fine
8. Serve a a two race suspension ( Nascar precedent for this)
HondaMan66
4/15/2020 6:54am
He should have immediately come out and said he was a huge fan of rap music and that he listens to it and sings it all the time. He had just been listening to snoop or whoever and name a song that uses that word. Then say he is so sorry he said it and that he meant nothing bad. And then say he has a African in his dna so he could not be a racist.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2866th
4/15/2020 10:27am
Bottom line, ya gotta be smarter than that these days. Seems everything's recorded and everyone’s gotten too sensitive about everything.
Rawly
4/15/2020 7:44pm
All over a stupid ass video game , wonder how long it took to convince the racers to do this stupid ass shit. And who the hell would watch this stupid ass shit ? We haven’t been on lockdown for that long have we ?

Post a reply to: Figured for sure there'd be a Larson discussion

The Latest