Felony manslaughter for drunk Rhino driver

NorCal 50+
Wow- something to think about! A pretty awful situation. This is near where I live.

http://www.theunion.com/news/local-news/felony-manslaughter-filed-in-fa…

An investigation into a fatal ATV crash has led Nevada County District Attorney to seek a felony manslaughter charge against a Grass Valley woman for her role in the death of 31-year-old Antonette Thevenin, officials said.
District Attorney Cliff Newell announced Thursday his office will move forward with a criminal charge of gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated against Carlee D'Arata, 28, who was reportedly driving the all-terrain vehicle at the time of the April 15 crash.
|
8/20/2017 11:36am
Years ago my friend and I would let his 12 year old son ride my 4-wheeler at my family's farm. I made a decision to not let him ride it anymore, because of the " no one under 16"sticker. Cause a little butt hurt feelings between us. Oh well , didn't want the kid hurt or his ex-wife to sue me.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
8/20/2017 12:03pm
Years ago my friend and I would let his 12 year old son ride my 4-wheeler at my family's farm. I made a decision to not...
Years ago my friend and I would let his 12 year old son ride my 4-wheeler at my family's farm. I made a decision to not let him ride it anymore, because of the " no one under 16"sticker. Cause a little butt hurt feelings between us. Oh well , didn't want the kid hurt or his ex-wife to sue me.
Yeah you must do what it takes to protect your self. Most people don't realize in some of these situations where heavy injuries can happen, if the individuals doesn't sue you the insurance company probably will.
NorCal 50+
8/20/2017 12:05pm
Years ago my friend and I would let his 12 year old son ride my 4-wheeler at my family's farm. I made a decision to not...
I can easily see how a few drinks and a Rhino are a bad combination. You rarely see a random person jump on a 450 and hurt themselves. But anybody can get an ATV going regardless of their experience or qualifications. This type of tragedy makes me sick to my stomach because they should have strapped her in.
scooter5002
8/20/2017 12:15pm
Not sure about any other province, but in Ontario, you can't drive ANYTHING motorized, while impaired. That includes a riding lawn mower, as one fellow found out. At times, some laws make sense.

The Shop

JW381
8/20/2017 12:39pm
We had a guy die here on 4th of July riding a 4x4 quad while hammered. I can't say I haven't done some similarly stupid stuff before... just always a terrible idea.
8/20/2017 12:44pm
The nickname for the Super Hornet is Rhino. You can imagine what I thought for a second when I read the title. Beyond that, people getting killed on quads is a regular North Florida occurence.
JRT812
8/20/2017 1:45pm
The nickname for the Super Hornet is Rhino. You can imagine what I thought for a second when I read the title. Beyond that, people getting...
The nickname for the Super Hornet is Rhino. You can imagine what I thought for a second when I read the title. Beyond that, people getting killed on quads is a regular North Florida occurence.
Yup happens all the time where I live and the same with tractors. Unfortunately, a good time before hand is usually the culprit.
JW381
8/20/2017 1:47pm
The nickname for the Super Hornet is Rhino. You can imagine what I thought for a second when I read the title. Beyond that, people getting...
JRT812 wrote:
Yup happens all the time where I live and the same with tractors. Unfortunately, a good time before hand is usually the culprit.
Drunk F18 pilots crashing happens all the time where you live? Laughing
8/20/2017 2:21pm
So this happened on a public highway? Surely its logical that any motorized vehicle has to following the rules of the road. Would the situation still be the same if it was on private land, would the driver be in the same position?
Mx286
8/20/2017 6:52pm
Similar situation here. A guy and his cousin were out on the razor drinking and having fun. The guy crashed and the cousin died. Ended up with the same charges. Crazy how a fun weekend can turn ugly fast.
JRT812
8/20/2017 10:05pm
JRT812 wrote:
JW381 wrote:
Read atv wreck
IWreckALot
8/21/2017 5:15am
Chuck Norris put the laughter in manslaughter.
8/21/2017 6:00am
JRT812 wrote:
JW381 wrote:
I know it's ridiculous. It was just one of those things where for half a second it flashes through the mind.
JRT812
8/21/2017 9:30am
JRT812 wrote:
JW381 wrote:
I know it's ridiculous. It was just one of those things where for half a second it flashes through the mind.
That's my bad, I honestly was skimming and the only item that caught my eye was the part "Beyond that, people getting killed on quads is a regular North Florida occurrence." from your post. Haha
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
8/21/2017 1:20pm
Here in California, they issue DUIs for setting up camp next to someone who was once drunk and who now owns a Rhino.
peelout
8/21/2017 1:57pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2017 9:19am
some kids in my neighborhood between 9 and 12 wrecked a chinese knockoff Rhino going down the street back in June. the one boy, 12, was paralyzed. life altering.

from what i gathered they were coming down our road too fast and rolled it. the parents let these kids drive all over town for months, i always shook my head knowing that it was only a matter of time.

now the parents put big "Slow" and child crossing flaggers out in front of their house. really really unfortunate that he was injured so badly, but they can put it on themselves in my opinion.

8/21/2017 2:07pm
Here's another Harry tidbit. Never heard quads called rhinos. Or am I completely missing y'alls point?
Joemx
8/21/2017 2:30pm
So this happened on a public highway? Surely its logical that any motorized vehicle has to following the rules of the road. Would the situation still...
So this happened on a public highway? Surely its logical that any motorized vehicle has to following the rules of the road. Would the situation still be the same if it was on private land, would the driver be in the same position?
Yes.
JustMX
8/22/2017 7:20am
It is only a matter of time before there is a headline about something like this happening at a mx race.

Mix some drunk parents and groups of kids, all tooling around on buggies absolutely NOT designed to be driven at a walking speed, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Walking through the pits of just about any big amateur event is like the running of the bulls.

A buggy full of unsupervised teens on a razor should have to make a loud ticking sound.....

Tic...tic.....tic.....tic..........
8/22/2017 7:25am
"Walking through the pits of just about any big amateur event is like the running of the bulls."

Boy, ain't that the truth! I've come to the conclusion I hate golf carts - but pretty much because I don't have one.
IWreckALot
8/22/2017 7:36am
"Walking through the pits of just about any big amateur event is like the running of the bulls." Boy, ain't that the truth! I've come to...
"Walking through the pits of just about any big amateur event is like the running of the bulls."

Boy, ain't that the truth! I've come to the conclusion I hate golf carts - but pretty much because I don't have one.
You also hate golf.

"All golf courses should be converted to motocross tracks".

-Harry Backmon

Post a reply to: Felony manslaughter for drunk Rhino driver

The Latest