Favorite type of beer? Pilsner, lager or.....?

sandman768
11/22/2018 6:31pm
Ipa"s...FlowerPower from Ithaca Ny....
Daniel816
11/22/2018 9:40pm
Tis the season to stock up on Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale but I mainly drink Sierra Nevada's Hop Hunter.
VET176
11/23/2018 1:59am
When in Aus = VB
When in US = Mickeys Fine Malt

The Shop

71Fish
11/23/2018 5:12pm
Jrewing wrote:
Fact from us Cunts down under.

Vegemite is the yeast extracted from beer production.
That’s why we drink everyone under the table.
Makes sense. My only knowledge of Vegemite is that according to Men At Work you guys put it on sandwiches.
brycepdh
11/23/2018 5:41pm
Jrewing wrote:

71Fish wrote:
Makes sense. My only knowledge of Vegemite is that according to Men At Work you guys put it on sandwiches.
Sandwiches, not really. Us aussies love it on toast with butter
Jrewing
11/24/2018 2:43am
Jrewing wrote:

71Fish wrote:
brycepdh wrote:
Sandwiches, not really. Us aussies love it on toast with butter
OMfuckinggod... on crumpets. I could murder a pack now
bigmaico
11/24/2018 8:48am
Just found these the other day.

Satyr's Swill Bock - Single / Traditional
7.2% ABV
22 IBU
Back Pew Brewing Company
Porter, TX

A traditional German bock, this beer hits on our Sinners category due to it's drinkability, but packs a punch with it's higher gravity. This traditional German lager is on the sweeter side, with a crispness enjoyed by those who really know what lagers should taste like. Prost!

And the Brewery is only 2.5 Miles from the house in an old Church & Right up the street from Kingwood collage!
Talisker
11/24/2018 9:29am
Its way easier to say the couple of beers i have had that i did not like.

But if i had to be specific..... Love some of the European beers that have anywhere from 8 to 16 % alcohol.
I must say i never really cared for Guiness until I had a fresh pint (or 3) at the brewery in Ireland.
plowboy
11/25/2018 11:16am
Spent the night in Alexandria LA on the way back from Hurlburt Field. Went to a nearby sports bar with an extensive local microbrew selection. Trouble was, the little 16 year old waitress knew zilch about beer and the menu gave no clue as to type/style of beer. Got lucky with the first pint...a light bodied stout. My next choice looked like fermented milky cat piss. It tasted like a pine tree. Only the second time I paid for a beer I wouldn't drink. Albuquerque turns out some nasty stuff as well. I've brewed some stuff I poured straight down the drain. I thought it would be cool to brew up some stuff from a 1700's recipe. Made with molasses. Straight down the sink. Our forefathers were desperate to drink that shit.
Jrewing
11/25/2018 1:40pm
Talisker wrote:
Its way easier to say the couple of beers i have had that i did not like. But if i had to be specific..... Love some...

But if i had to be specific..... Love some of the European beers that have anywhere from 8 to 16 % alcohol.
I must say i never really cared for Guiness until I had a fresh pint (or 3) at the brewery in Ireland.
Never made it to Ireland for a Guinness. Got to Scotland and it tasted better than it did back home.

I was told there isn’t such thing as a bad beer, just some are better than others.
Guinness is a session beer for me. Actually all British Ales as the gas doesn’t hold me back. Boddingtons is good, Kilkenny too.
Deja New
11/25/2018 2:09pm
Talisker wrote:
Its way easier to say the couple of beers i have had that i did not like. But if i had to be specific..... Love some...

Jrewing wrote:
Never made it to Ireland for a Guinness. Got to Scotland and it tasted better than it did back home. I was told there isn’t such...
Never made it to Ireland for a Guinness. Got to Scotland and it tasted better than it did back home.

I was told there isn’t such thing as a bad beer, just some are better than others.
Guinness is a session beer for me. Actually all British Ales as the gas doesn’t hold me back. Boddingtons is good, Kilkenny too.
I heard Guinness is a by product of making vegemite Woohoo

Post a reply to: Favorite type of beer? Pilsner, lager or.....?

The Latest