Famous words on the Fifth Amendment.......

APLMAN99
8/11/2022 7:46am
borg wrote:
How was the Sate of New York harmed by alleged inflation of real estate values? Not a lawyer but as I understand it, you have to...
How was the Sate of New York harmed by alleged inflation of real estate values? Not a lawyer but as I understand it, you have to show damages to file a civil claim.
Any legal experts here?
Just a guess, but Trump argued for reduced valuation for tax purposes yet used inflated valuations to obtain loans against those properties. It could be argued that he falsified his valuations for tax purposes, I'd think. Trump didn't inflate values for his properties for tax purposes, only for securing loans. At least that is the claim.

If you are swearing that a property is worth less than appraised on one hand, while inflating that value for another purpose, that could be considered fraudulent. If the banks knew that it was fraudulent and any of it took place while Trump was a candidate or in office, they could likely have some exposure as well as it could be seen as either bribes or other nefarious actions.
vet323
8/11/2022 7:50am
borg wrote:
How was the Sate of New York harmed by alleged inflation of real estate values? Not a lawyer but as I understand it, you have to...
How was the Sate of New York harmed by alleged inflation of real estate values? Not a lawyer but as I understand it, you have to show damages to file a civil claim.
Any legal experts here?
APLMAN99 wrote:
Just a guess, but Trump argued for reduced valuation for tax purposes yet used inflated valuations to obtain loans against those properties. It could be argued...
Just a guess, but Trump argued for reduced valuation for tax purposes yet used inflated valuations to obtain loans against those properties. It could be argued that he falsified his valuations for tax purposes, I'd think. Trump didn't inflate values for his properties for tax purposes, only for securing loans. At least that is the claim.

If you are swearing that a property is worth less than appraised on one hand, while inflating that value for another purpose, that could be considered fraudulent. If the banks knew that it was fraudulent and any of it took place while Trump was a candidate or in office, they could likely have some exposure as well as it could be seen as either bribes or other nefarious actions.
You missed the point of his question (I think). How does that harm the State of New York? Wouldn't a bank be the harmed party in that situation?
tuggy450
8/11/2022 7:55am
FastEddy wrote:
Whether you are innocent or not.
I'd say that 100% of defense attorneys will tell you to exercise your 5th-A(keep your mouth shut). LOL

BMSOBx2 wrote:
But "why take it if you're innocent"? That's straight from the horses mo...... well one of the horses orifices.
Same reason Hillary took the fifth?
Loam Ranger
Fantasy
3402nd
8/11/2022 7:56am
FastEddy wrote:
I'd say that 100% of defense attorneys will tell you to exercise your 5th-A(keep your mouth shut). LOL

BMSOBx2 wrote:
But "why take it if you're innocent"? That's straight from the horses mo...... well one of the horses orifices.
tuggy450 wrote:
Except of course, she didn't...

The Shop

Broseph
8/11/2022 8:14am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2022 8:20am
bichwolf wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/10/563492/s1200_Screenshot_20220810_145047.jpg[/img]

McG194 wrote:
It boggles my mind that the left just doesn't care about this stuff.
The left didn't say there were many fine people on both sides at Charlottesville. And typical deflection on the part of the cult so good job...
The left didn't say there were many fine people on both sides at Charlottesville. And typical deflection on the part of the cult so good job carrying the water with this meme.

If you can stay on topic for a moment, please speak to why the guy who said only guilty people take the fifth, just took the fifth? A buddy of mine said Faux News reported the FBI went to Florida to plant evidence. Going the preemptive route because they know stuff is there that shouldn't be.

Typical.
He was asked to clarify and said this:

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”

Why leave that part out? The media didn’t play that clip, did they?

For the record, Trump is an idiot and that’s the answer to your question above.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3765th
8/11/2022 8:16am
tuggy450 wrote:
Typical conservative, make shit up🤦‍♂️
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
8/11/2022 8:19am
tuggy450 wrote:
jjavaman wrote:
Love her or hate her (I don't like her) she sat in front of a congressional panel on Benghazi for 11 straight hours and answered every question asked.
ns503
8/11/2022 8:26am
borg wrote:
Any legal experts here?
APLMAN99 wrote:
Just a guess, but Trump argued for reduced valuation for tax purposes yet used inflated valuations to obtain loans against those properties. It could be argued...

vet323 wrote:
You missed the point of his question (I think). How does that harm the State of New York? Wouldn't a bank be the harmed party in...
You missed the point of his question (I think). How does that harm the State of New York? Wouldn't a bank be the harmed party in that situation?
Maybe because reduced valuations would reduce taxes payable and due to the State?
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
8/11/2022 8:39am
FastEddy wrote:

BMSOBx2 wrote:
swordfish wrote:
Wow, a politician who does the opposite of what he has stated in the past. That’s mind blowing dude. That is every politician on the planet...
Wow, a politician who does the opposite of what he has stated in the past. That’s mind blowing dude. That is every politician on the planet. Hell, that pretty much describes every human.
I thought Trump was loved because he isn't a politician?
APLMAN99
8/11/2022 8:55am
borg wrote:
Any legal experts here?
APLMAN99 wrote:

vet323 wrote:
You missed the point of his question (I think). How does that harm the State of New York? Wouldn't a bank be the harmed party in...
The State of New York would be harmed by either collecting less tax than should have actually been paid (if the value was correct on the loans) or could be enforcing fraud statutes that exist for lending within the state. Most loan applications that I have signed have wording that states that I swear the answers that I have made are true and reference some statute of some kind that gives a government entity the power to enforce these things. There are lots of potential banking regulations and statutes that likely govern that sort of thing.
bichwolf
8/11/2022 8:59am
tuggy450 wrote:
jjavaman wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
Love her or hate her (I don't like her) she sat in front of a congressional panel on Benghazi for 11 straight hours and answered every...
Love her or hate her (I don't like her) she sat in front of a congressional panel on Benghazi for 11 straight hours and answered every question asked.
Like Biden she left people to be slaughtered in an amazingly stupid way. You libs hate mean tweets but are cool with shit like that. Proud to be a Trump supporter, actually proud to be against the swamp more than anything.
Robgvx
8/11/2022 9:14am
APLMAN99 wrote:

vet323 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
The State of New York would be harmed by either collecting less tax than should have actually been paid (if the value was correct on the...
The State of New York would be harmed by either collecting less tax than should have actually been paid (if the value was correct on the loans) or could be enforcing fraud statutes that exist for lending within the state. Most loan applications that I have signed have wording that states that I swear the answers that I have made are true and reference some statute of some kind that gives a government entity the power to enforce these things. There are lots of potential banking regulations and statutes that likely govern that sort of thing.
Don’t forget that Trump said it “makes me smart” to being paying no tax to the country he supposedly wants to lead and ‘save’.
swordfish
8/11/2022 9:35am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
swordfish wrote:
Wow, a politician who does the opposite of what he has stated in the past. That’s mind blowing dude. That is every politician on the planet...
Wow, a politician who does the opposite of what he has stated in the past. That’s mind blowing dude. That is every politician on the planet. Hell, that pretty much describes every human.
I thought Trump was loved because he isn't a politician?
He was the POTUS.
Pretty sure that makes him a politician regardless of his background or what people perceive.
He still sounds like a politician.
Maybe that’s because most politicians sound and act like most shady business people.
swordfish
8/11/2022 9:43am
vet323 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
The State of New York would be harmed by either collecting less tax than should have actually been paid (if the value was correct on the...
Robgvx wrote:
Don’t forget that Trump said it “makes me smart” to being paying no tax to the country he supposedly wants to lead and ‘save’.
He just said what all the other politicians do but don’t advertise.
You think Obama is sharing as much of his new found millions with the IRS as possible?

I pay the absolute least taxes I have to, doesn’t mean I don’t care about my country or make me a bad person.
Do the politicians and business people in your country not take advantage of tax law or act as frugal as possible with the public’s money? In Canada they are always getting busted for ethics issues, most notably our current PM.
Zycki11
8/11/2022 9:54am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2022 9:55am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Robgvx wrote:
swordfish wrote:
He just said what all the other politicians do but don’t advertise. You think Obama is sharing as much of his new found millions with the...
You think Obama is sharing as much of his new found millions with the IRS as possible?

I pay the absolute least taxes I have to, doesn’t mean I don’t care about my country or make me a bad person.
Do the politicians and business people in your country not take advantage of tax law or act as frugal as possible with the public’s money? In Canada they are always getting busted for ethics issues, most notably our current PM.
This is why some refer to this as a witch hunt, Including the people in this forum. The voice tress group will put everything in the publics eye for timing purposes and November. This has been planned and they are doing everything in their power to sustain it.

All I can say is when November comes, some of you guys are not going to be happy. If your a Democrat you have absolutely nothing to be proud of at the moment. Your party is lead by a bunch of old white people who refuse to leave office, the squad is starting to crack and lose its progressive stranglehold. Heck Omar almost lost to her own party lol only won by 3000 votes! That’s closer than her and her husband(or is it brother?).

When the house and senate flip, it’s going to get very interesting and I sure hope the republicans don’t pull the same bull shit shenanigans that democrats have been pulling and they focus on actually correcting the shit the Dems have placed the United States in
Robgvx
8/11/2022 10:14am
swordfish wrote:
He just said what all the other politicians do but don’t advertise. You think Obama is sharing as much of his new found millions with the...

And you think that’s OK? You think it’s fine that the leader of the nation openly admits to fiddling the taxation system of the country he represents?

Wow.
vet323
8/11/2022 10:21am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2022 10:25am
APLMAN99 wrote:

vet323 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Do you think property taxes are assessed by loan amounts? Do you think taxes are assessed by valuations claimed by the property owner? Maybe NY is different, but in my state, there are state employees who's entire job is assessing property valuations for tax purposes.
swordfish
8/11/2022 10:24am
swordfish wrote:

Robgvx wrote:
And you think that’s OK? You think it’s fine that the leader of the nation openly admits to fiddling the taxation system of the country he...
And you think that’s OK? You think it’s fine that the leader of the nation openly admits to fiddling the taxation system of the country he represents?

Wow.
I didn’t say it was ok, I mean who am I to judge anyhow. I mean I kind of have to give him props for saying what he thinks while all the others just blow smoke up your ass and do it behind your back. And what is fiddling? Was he fiddling or just doing what any savvy person would do to minimize their tax implications as allowable by the law.
I’m not a Trump supporter per se but I can respect some of his actions because they just flew in the face of the status quo will that the majority of politics follow.
Robgvx
8/11/2022 10:32am
swordfish wrote:
I didn’t say it was ok, I mean who am I to judge anyhow. I mean I kind of have to give him props for saying...
I didn’t say it was ok, I mean who am I to judge anyhow. I mean I kind of have to give him props for saying what he thinks while all the others just blow smoke up your ass and do it behind your back. And what is fiddling? Was he fiddling or just doing what any savvy person would do to minimize their tax implications as allowable by the law.
I’m not a Trump supporter per se but I can respect some of his actions because they just flew in the face of the status quo will that the majority of politics follow.
Any tax that a billionaire evades is tax that the average guy has to pay instead to make up the shortfall.

Leading by example, eh?
APLMAN99
8/11/2022 11:13am
vet323 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
vet323 wrote:
Do you think property taxes are assessed by loan amounts? Do you think taxes are assessed by valuations claimed by the property owner? Maybe NY is...
Do you think property taxes are assessed by loan amounts? Do you think taxes are assessed by valuations claimed by the property owner? Maybe NY is different, but in my state, there are state employees who's entire job is assessing property valuations for tax purposes.
Trump has appealed those time and time again with his own 'valuations'. Whether or not the state/county/city should have granted his appeals may be debated, but it looks like the claim that is being made is that he used fraudulent info in order to appeal those valuations.
swordfish
8/11/2022 11:14am
swordfish wrote:
I didn’t say it was ok, I mean who am I to judge anyhow. I mean I kind of have to give him props for saying...
Robgvx wrote:
Any tax that a billionaire evades is tax that the average guy has to pay instead to make up the shortfall.

Leading by example, eh?
As the saying goes, don’t hate the player, hate the game. I mean he didn’t take a salary did he?
I hope you feel the same about all the other wealthy people.
swordfish
8/11/2022 11:16am
APLMAN99 wrote:
vet323 wrote:
Do you think property taxes are assessed by loan amounts? Do you think taxes are assessed by valuations claimed by the property owner? Maybe NY is...
APLMAN99 wrote:
Trump has appealed those time and time again with his own 'valuations'. Whether or not the state/county/city should have granted his appeals may be debated, but...
Trump has appealed those time and time again with his own 'valuations'. Whether or not the state/county/city should have granted his appeals may be debated, but it looks like the claim that is being made is that he used fraudulent info in order to appeal those valuations.
Sounds like your average government😂😂😂
vet323
8/11/2022 11:22am
APLMAN99 wrote:
vet323 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Trump has appealed those time and time again with his own 'valuations'. Whether or not the state/county/city should have granted his appeals may be debated, but...
I admit that I know nothing about this particular case.

But, it's not the property owner's responsibility to determine tax assessment values, it's the taxing authority's. The state assessed taxable values based on info gathered by the state. Period.

The property owner isn't involved in the process at all. If the owner makes an appeal here, the state is responsible for proving their valuation assessment.
8/11/2022 11:24am
swordfish wrote:
As the saying goes, don’t hate the player, hate the game. I mean he didn’t take a salary did he? I hope you feel the same...
As the saying goes, don’t hate the player, hate the game. I mean he didn’t take a salary did he?
I think there is a saying, something like: "If you're not paying for the product, you are the product." Of the many words that man could be described as being, I don't think anyone would list generous as one of them.
APLMAN99
8/11/2022 11:26am
vet323 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
vet323 wrote:
I admit that I know nothing about this particular case. But, it's not the property owner's responsibility to determine tax assessment values, it's the taxing authority's...
I admit that I know nothing about this particular case.

But, it's not the property owner's responsibility to determine tax assessment values, it's the taxing authority's. The state assessed taxable values based on info gathered by the state. Period.

The property owner isn't involved in the process at all. If the owner makes an appeal here, the state is responsible for proving their valuation assessment.
Here the state isn't the one who determines valuation, it is the county. And the county assesses the property (usually based upon a fairly basic formula). The property owner can appeal, but they have to provide data to justify their appeal. If you use fraudulent data, then it would seem that you could be in some sort of violation. And providing 2 different valuations based on whether it is for tax or finance reasons could be one way to show that you were maybe committing fraud. That is the simplified version, I think.
APLMAN99
8/11/2022 11:31am
swordfish wrote:
Robgvx wrote:

Leading by example, eh?
swordfish wrote:
As the saying goes, don’t hate the player, hate the game. I mean he didn’t take a salary did he? I hope you feel the same...
Yes, he did take a salary. He allegedly donated those sums to charities and such, but the federal government still paid him a salary.

The salary was likely nothing compared to the business that was generated by being president and not stepping back from his businesses like every other president has done. There is a reason that he won't release tax records like every other president over the last 50 years...........
vet323
8/11/2022 11:32am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Here the state isn't the one who determines valuation, it is the county. And the county assesses the property (usually based upon a fairly basic formula)...
Here the state isn't the one who determines valuation, it is the county. And the county assesses the property (usually based upon a fairly basic formula). The property owner can appeal, but they have to provide data to justify their appeal. If you use fraudulent data, then it would seem that you could be in some sort of violation. And providing 2 different valuations based on whether it is for tax or finance reasons could be one way to show that you were maybe committing fraud. That is the simplified version, I think.
You may be right.
APLMAN99
8/11/2022 11:34am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Here the state isn't the one who determines valuation, it is the county. And the county assesses the property (usually based upon a fairly basic formula)...
vet323 wrote:
You may be right.
Occasionally I like to act like a broken clock!!!
RandomUserName
Fantasy
2773rd
8/11/2022 11:36am
bichwolf wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/08/10/563492/s1200_Screenshot_20220810_145047.jpg[/img]

McG194 wrote:
It boggles my mind that the left just doesn't care about this stuff.
The left didn't say there were many fine people on both sides at Charlottesville. And typical deflection on the part of the cult so good job...
The left didn't say there were many fine people on both sides at Charlottesville. And typical deflection on the part of the cult so good job carrying the water with this meme.

If you can stay on topic for a moment, please speak to why the guy who said only guilty people take the fifth, just took the fifth? A buddy of mine said Faux News reported the FBI went to Florida to plant evidence. Going the preemptive route because they know stuff is there that shouldn't be.

Typical.
wow - so a lib showed up and said "BUT TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" when confronted with the idiocy of their leader. Color me SHOCKED.
swordfish
8/11/2022 11:49am
swordfish wrote:
I think there is a saying, something like: "If you're not paying for the product, you are the product." Of the many words that man could...
I think there is a saying, something like: "If you're not paying for the product, you are the product." Of the many words that man could be described as being, I don't think anyone would list generous as one of them.
Maybe so, I don’t know a lot about Trump, his philanthropy or general history. Can’t say I pay a lot of attention to

Post a reply to: Famous words on the Fifth Amendment.......

The Latest