Family photo organizing/sorting

APLMAN99
Just wondering if anyone has any tips on programs that work like a database. For example, you list any and all people in a given photograph and then can filter to just view photos containing that person, or a certain combination of people.

I have several thousand family photos that I inherited from my mom and I’d like to start scanning them in and sharing them with my extended family spread out across the country because so many of the photos are aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.
|
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
2/9/2018 6:40pm
Google photos does that...it will pick up a face and then group all pictures with that face.

As far as determining a combination of people- don’t think it can do that.
APLMAN99
2/10/2018 1:54pm
Brad460 wrote:
Google photos does that...it will pick up a face and then group all pictures with that face. As far as determining a combination of people- don’t...
Google photos does that...it will pick up a face and then group all pictures with that face.

As far as determining a combination of people- don’t think it can do that.
I'm not sure if Google photos will do what I'm looking for. The pictures are so varied in ages, along with the people in them, that I'll probably need to tag the individuals anyway. Not to mention several sets of twins between my mom's and my dad's side of the family.

I thought that there's probably something to filter pictures based on subjects, people, etc. Sort of like a metadata search or whatever it's called. And options for combinations that would be something along the lines of "only list if all selected subjects", or "list if any selected subjects" are tagged.

Post a reply to: Family photo organizing/sorting

The Latest