Facebook Hack

Related:
Create New Tag

9/28/2018 5:53 PM

Anyone here get hit? My uncle and a guy I work with took the bait and got zapped. I got fake FB notifications from them urging me to try it. I didn't. I know less than zero about tech/social media, etc....but if it says, "awesome, great, you'll love it", I hit the exit.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

9/28/2018 6:27 PM

Did this fake FB notification just pop up on your FB page, or did you receive it in FB Messenger?

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

9/28/2018 7:01 PM

Reese95w wrote:

Did this fake FB notification just pop up on your FB page, or did you receive it in FB Messenger?

It just showed up as a post he had made saying he had reconnected with all his old Facebook friends by allowing or clicking on something. But he didn't send it. When he got the same post from one of his friends he DID click it and then it sort of robo sent the message to all his friends. I got the exact same post from my uncle. I know I'm not explaining this very well. My co-worker is gullible as Hell but pretty tech savvy. He went on Facebook and I guess they were able to unfuck his shit. Funny thing is I know nothing about tech at all and when I told him I didn't click on that crap he laughed and told me I worry too much...a few hours later he texts me, "Dont click on that shit...I've been hacked".

Wish I could give you better info...I just don't have the knowledge or skills. I hear hack/virus and I run same as I would from a 2 dollar crack whore.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

9/29/2018 4:52 PM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."