FYI to DirecTV users

MX479Guy
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 7:07pm
Versus has settled their contract programming dispute and Versus is has now returned to channel 603. it was live as of 7pm this evening.

|
slowvet
3/16/2010 7:33am
Sweet, I haven't ventured south of 607 in months.
Jakes Dad
3/16/2010 4:24pm
Great news might be able to see some WEC action before they're all pay per view.

The Shop

3/16/2010 4:31pm
noob wrote:
Also... they're partnering up with Tivo again. Releasing a Tivo-equipped HD DVR receiver at some point in 2010. http://www.tivo.com/products/source/satellite/tivo-directv/index.html I'm gonna go "Office Space" on my...
Also... they're partnering up with Tivo again. Releasing a Tivo-equipped HD DVR receiver at some point in 2010.

http://www.tivo.com/products/source/satellite/tivo-directv/index.html

I'm gonna go "Office Space" on my current DVR.
Sweet, Tivo is the shit!
noob
3/17/2010 9:38am
noob wrote:
Also... they're partnering up with Tivo again. Releasing a Tivo-equipped HD DVR receiver at some point in 2010. http://www.tivo.com/products/source/satellite/tivo-directv/index.html I'm gonna go "Office Space" on my...
Also... they're partnering up with Tivo again. Releasing a Tivo-equipped HD DVR receiver at some point in 2010.

http://www.tivo.com/products/source/satellite/tivo-directv/index.html

I'm gonna go "Office Space" on my current DVR.
Sweet, Tivo is the shit!
I finally talked those fuckers into upgrading my receiver to HD for free... now I'm gonna wait until the Tivo version is released. Their current DVR is a POS.
txmxer
3/17/2010 11:49am
no way noob. I have the HD receiver and it works great. I was an early adopter of TIVO, but haven't used in years. The DTV receiver isn't as nice as TIVO, but I haven't had a problem with one yet.

Oh wait...I believe I had one go bad on me. That was an easy call and replace. No big deal.
3/17/2010 11:56am
txmxer wrote:
no way noob. I have the HD receiver and it works great. I was an early adopter of TIVO, but haven't used in years. The DTV...
no way noob. I have the HD receiver and it works great. I was an early adopter of TIVO, but haven't used in years. The DTV receiver isn't as nice as TIVO, but I haven't had a problem with one yet.

Oh wait...I believe I had one go bad on me. That was an easy call and replace. No big deal.
The first two brand new receivers my installer had didn't work. They had to overnite me a third one which I still have and hadn't had a problem since.
noob
3/17/2010 12:25pm
txmxer wrote:
no way noob. I have the HD receiver and it works great. I was an early adopter of TIVO, but haven't used in years. The DTV...

Maybe the HD model is better, but my standard-def receiver has a dozen annoying bugs and counter-intuative menus. Looking at reviews online for the HD receiver, I saw a lot of the same complaints.

Does your's freeze if you fast-forward too fast?

Forget to record shows that are first priority on you season passes?

Not let you jump to the beginning of a show that is currently being recorded?
txmxer
3/17/2010 1:42pm
honestly, I can't say I've noticed any bugs like that.

I was having a problem transferring a recording from the HD Receiver to the DVR. It was the Daytona race (which was a 2.5 hr recording). For some reason, it would switch in the middle of the playback to a different channel. Happened two times--I'd set it up start the playback and the recording, leave for a while and come back it would be on a broadcast. That pissed me off. Other than that particular incident, no other problems.
Cygnus
3/18/2010 5:23am Edited Date/Time 3/18/2010 5:23am
What happens to all my recordings on my DVR when I switch to the HD Tivo? Do they transfer them or what.
txmxer
3/18/2010 5:54am
no. you start from scratch Cyg.
Cygnus
3/18/2010 6:35am
txmxer wrote:
no. you start from scratch Cyg.
Oh hell no!

Post a reply to: FYI to DirecTV users

The Latest