Jimmy638
2/5/2019 12:39pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2019 5:58pm
|
SEE ARE125
2/5/2019 12:47pm
Kinda wish there was a video of the attack with Ozzy Man narrating. lol
jeffro503
2/5/2019 1:25pm
Dudes , there is an old thread on here some where , where a guy posted a video of his buddies helmet cam , that had two mountain lion's come after him , and he sprayed them with tear gas. I couldn't believe how calm the guy was. If I can find it , I'll post it here.
newmann
2/5/2019 1:40pm
Was it a Parts Unlimited rep that was killed by one about 10 years ago?
jeffro503
2/5/2019 2:17pm
This is part of the video I spoke about before. It was posted here before the news channels even got it. Maybe the guy will chime in here....

The Shop

Jimmy638
2/5/2019 4:58pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2019 10:05am
How long till he's on the Joe Rogan podcast?
Geeze, must have been drunk ..hahaa, sorry
Jimmy638
2/5/2019 5:00pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Dudes , there is an old thread on here some where , where a guy posted a video of his buddies helmet cam , that had...
Dudes , there is an old thread on here some where , where a guy posted a video of his buddies helmet cam , that had two mountain lion's come after him , and he sprayed them with tear gas. I couldn't believe how calm the guy was. If I can find it , I'll post it here.
Holy Hell!
BobPA
2/5/2019 5:13pm
I think ol' Jimmy is looking too far into your statement.
akillerwombat
2/5/2019 5:14pm
Jimmy638 wrote:
"How long till he's on the Joe Rogan podcast?" isn't an analogy.

And FYI – 80bmp is a pretty normal resting heart rate.
JBernard_401
2/5/2019 5:25pm
This is 30min north of me, rode 5mi south of the incident this weekend.
Lots of cats around here but usually don't hear anything like this. Tons of time I'm out mtb riding and see deer legs on the trails from big cats.
Trails around Fort Collins are some of the only open ones on the front range right now so theres a ton of people up there. They supposedly had 2 more cats the rangers got near that had no fright of humans so they shut down a lot of the stuff up there for now.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
2/6/2019 7:06am
newmann wrote:
Was it a Parts Unlimited rep that was killed by one about 10 years ago?
I believe his name was Mark Reynolds. Got attacked while mountain biking
ATKpilot99
2/6/2019 7:37am
Sounds like he may have managed to get it in a choke hold.
2/6/2019 7:43am
Jimmy638 wrote:
"How long till he's on the Joe Rogan podcast?" isn't an analogy.

And FYI – 80bmp is a pretty normal resting heart rate.
God go away.
Stuntman949
2/6/2019 7:57am
That's it. I'm not jogging anymore. I don't jog anyway, but this solidifies it. Not even gonna risk it on the treadmill
Jimmy638
2/6/2019 10:14am
This is 30min north of me, rode 5mi south of the incident this weekend. Lots of cats around here but usually don't hear anything like this...
This is 30min north of me, rode 5mi south of the incident this weekend.
Lots of cats around here but usually don't hear anything like this. Tons of time I'm out mtb riding and see deer legs on the trails from big cats.
Trails around Fort Collins are some of the only open ones on the front range right now so theres a ton of people up there. They supposedly had 2 more cats the rangers got near that had no fright of humans so they shut down a lot of the stuff up there for now.
Their population must be growing fast.
I was told every time we went hiking at least five ML have seen you without you knowing it. I see some folks have eyes stitched to the back of their Hats because of this danger.
peelout
2/6/2019 11:01am
i used to do a lot of solo night mountain biking on the bench above my house. one night every hair on my body stood up and i was in total panic GTFO mode. had a gnarly wreck not far from the parking lot, got up and put my bike on my back and ran for it. it wasn't until i was sitting in my truck that my nerves calmed down. there are a lot of cat sightings in the area and i know for a fact that it was just straight up intuition that a cat was watching/stalking me.

i haven't ridden at night since. still get the chills thinking about it.

when i was younger me and my friend watched as his black lab was hoisted over a 6' fence by a lion. scary shit.
cjmx
Fantasy
1180th
2/6/2019 12:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2019 12:12pm
This is near me in Jefferson county. I've yet to see one while on a MTB ride. Rattlesnakes are a different story.

2/6/2019 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2019 12:46pm
peelout wrote:
i used to do a lot of solo night mountain biking on the bench above my house. one night every hair on my body stood up...
i used to do a lot of solo night mountain biking on the bench above my house. one night every hair on my body stood up and i was in total panic GTFO mode. had a gnarly wreck not far from the parking lot, got up and put my bike on my back and ran for it. it wasn't until i was sitting in my truck that my nerves calmed down. there are a lot of cat sightings in the area and i know for a fact that it was just straight up intuition that a cat was watching/stalking me.

when i was younger me and my friend watched as his black lab was hoisted over a 6' fence by a lion. scary shit.
Yikes. I saw one from a distance watching me when I was walking on a trail at Ohio Pyle somewhere in PA. My hair stood up on my neck I was so freaked out. Because that thing wasn’t there. Then it was. Then it was gone. Didn’t make a sound. And here I am crunching around in the fall brush. Damn thing probably heard me a mile away. Longest trek of my life back to where I started. Won’t go alone anymore. Creepy.
akillerwombat
2/6/2019 3:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2019 3:52pm
peelout wrote:
i used to do a lot of solo night mountain biking on the bench above my house. one night every hair on my body stood up...

When I was younger I used to get "hired" by the neighbors to feed their dogs when they were away.

Long story short I remember going over one night around sunset and walking into the caged off area they were kept in (I say cage but it was like a 20x20 space) and they were hiding in far far back of the dog house pressed up against the wood. Didn't think much off it till I grabbed their bowls, turned around, and started walking to where the food was kept when I saw a mountain lion standing just outside the chain link fence no more than 10 feet away. Thing was starring at us in that "we fucked" way. Time froze the fuck up right quick. I started screaming and throwing shit at it and the dogs joined in. It casually walked off and I don't think I stopped shaking for a good 20 minutes.

Another short story, I used to be able to ride out from my garage into the hills to go riding, we'd spend countless days up there as kids, and there were rumors of a wild bull that lived up there from some previous guy who lived up in the hills and just released it when he moved away. We all thought it was some made up story until one day I came around a corner and there it was. It's an exaggeration but being 10-11 years old at the time that fucker looked like it was 8 feet tall with horns 3 feet long. It was one of the mud riding days and I locked up both brakes, tipped over, and power slide right up to it. Turned out the bull didn't give two shits about me but it was pretty surreal being on the ground half a dozen feet from something that size. It took a few deep sniffs, ate some grass, and walked into the bushes never to be seen again.
akillerwombat
2/6/2019 3:55pm
God go away.
Not that I believe in God, but, from what I've read he can't "go away" because he's everywhere.
jeffro503
2/6/2019 6:12pm
When I was a kid , I grew up on a big farm in a place called Deer Island Oregon. We are going back 35-40 years ago. Couple mountain lions out that way caused a lot of havok around my area. All the farms there we're between 20 - 200+ acre farms , so our actual neighbor's weren't all that close. My neighbor Aaron had a big chicken farm , and those mountain lions would attack the coops every now and then. They would dig under the fences , and go in and slaughter the entire coop. Sometimes 50 - 100 chicken's at one time. Maybe eat a few , but just killed the rest for some reason. I remember walking to the bus for school early in the morning , and hearing a weird sound off in the brush like something was after something else ( I think I was about 10 - 12yrs old ). Got scared while waiting for the bus , and was to scared to go back up the driveway home. The school bus was a welcomed site. When I got home , I treked off the driveway and saw some huge holes dug into the side of a hill , and it looked like the mountain lion was after something like a rabbit or a mole , not sure. Along with all the chicken's they used to kill , they would also kill some newly born calf's as well. This went on for a few years.
JustMX
2/8/2019 5:53am
That's it. I'm not jogging anymore. I don't jog anyway, but this solidifies it. Not even gonna risk it on the treadmill
Damn straight man, if a mountain loin comes from the side while you are on the treadmill they don't even break a sweat!

All the other mountain loins would fear him too once they come across him eating a sweaty person while looking like he exerted no effort to catch him.
Foghorn
2/8/2019 7:33am
jeffro503 wrote:
This is part of the video I spoke about before. It was posted here before the news channels even got it. Maybe the guy will chime...
This is part of the video I spoke about before. It was posted here before the news channels even got it. Maybe the guy will chime in here....

That was Donny Stone who still works for me. Experienced outdoor guy and a hell of a QC advisor. This was close to Grande Prairie, Alberta.
jeffro503
2/8/2019 10:16am
jeffro503 wrote:
This is part of the video I spoke about before. It was posted here before the news channels even got it. Maybe the guy will chime...

Foghorn wrote:
That was Donny Stone who still works for me. Experienced outdoor guy and a hell of a QC advisor. This was close to Grande Prairie, Alberta.
Right on man , thanks for chiming in. I gotta say , after watching that entire video , the dude had some nerves of steel. That is some seriously scary shit. I'd rather have a gun pulled on me ( less frightening ) then have to stare down to freakin' mountain lions! Sheeesh! Has he had any other run in's with any other cat's out that way?
Foghorn
2/8/2019 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2019 4:29pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Right on man , thanks for chiming in. I gotta say , after watching that entire video , the dude had some nerves of steel. That...
Right on man , thanks for chiming in. I gotta say , after watching that entire video , the dude had some nerves of steel. That is some seriously scary shit. I'd rather have a gun pulled on me ( less frightening ) then have to stare down to freakin' mountain lions! Sheeesh! Has he had any other run in's with any other cat's out that way?
Ha! No more cats but plenty of other non-events with Grizzlies, black bears and moose. Scary thing about the attempted attack was how fast thye circled and got behind him after he spotted them 200 feet or so ahead of him.
jeffro503
2/8/2019 9:30pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Right on man , thanks for chiming in. I gotta say , after watching that entire video , the dude had some nerves of steel. That...
Foghorn wrote:
Ha! No more cats but plenty of other non-events with Grizzlies, black bears and moose. Scary thing about the attempted attack was how fast thye circled...
Ha! No more cats but plenty of other non-events with Grizzlies, black bears and moose. Scary thing about the attempted attack was how fast thye circled and got behind him after he spotted them 200 feet or so ahead of him.
yeah I bet , sheeesh! That part was scary in itself , as I couldn't believe how fast it went from seeing them , to them flanking him on the left like that. And grizzly's too now? I think I'd find the city , or a city park to run in haha. Screw that!

Post a reply to: F**K You Mountain Lion, I'm Jogging here

The Latest