Ever been fired from a job?

calimxer91
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 5:05pm
Pep Boys.about 19 yrs old.Treat thier cust like gold and slavedrive the employees.They said "stock the oil "over the loud speaker and I said stock this as I grabbed my crotch.I was in the back but a mid manager saw .Already had const. job lined up for a lot more money.Pretty much just got layed off from those jobs .
|
pitbike502
7/15/2010 6:04pm
i got fired from the army because i couldnt hear shit after they fire cannons in your face for 12 hrs straightBlush
Mr. G
7/15/2010 6:16pm
Being self employed I can't be fired but I sure can "not be hired".!
borg
7/15/2010 7:56pm
Never been fired but I was laid off when they were hiring.

The Shop

Larry
7/15/2010 8:21pm
calimxer91 wrote:
Pep Boys.about 19 yrs old.Treat thier cust like gold and slavedrive the employees.They said "stock the oil "over the loud speaker and I said stock this...
Pep Boys.about 19 yrs old.Treat thier cust like gold and slavedrive the employees.They said "stock the oil "over the loud speaker and I said stock this as I grabbed my crotch.I was in the back but a mid manager saw .Already had const. job lined up for a lot more money.Pretty much just got layed off from those jobs .
Pep boys has a good business plan.
Calimxer91 does not.
I hope you learn from this.
Wolfman
7/15/2010 11:06pm
When I was 18 I got fired from Sears for missing a day of work to go racing. I actually had the day scheduled off, but the department mgr didn't schedule anyone to replace me, and they were backed up all day. He lied when questioned about it, wrote my name on the zeroxed schedule in pencil, and I got fired. Wasn't my first offense though. Got to tell Quantel (spelling?) off to his face in front of the G.M. It was worth it.
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
7/16/2010 6:04am
Blackmail, I'm not surprised.
7/16/2010 6:25am
Nailed the Bosses daughter. Suddenly he did not need my services any longer!
SteveS
7/16/2010 6:31am
Well, at least not those services.
Cygnus
7/16/2010 6:32am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2010 6:33am
I got fired by my Dad's business partner's wife(she was the bookkeeper). I was microwaving a grasshopper when she came in to warm her coffee. I split and she opened the MW and freaked out. I was rehired by my Dad a week later. It was a nice vacation in the middle of the summer.
7/16/2010 6:53am
SteveS wrote:
Bitch talked like she had been inhaling helium for about 12 hours straight! She was hot and the family was loaded. I just could not tolerate that freaking voice!
Kinetic1
7/16/2010 7:01am
When I was still driving trucks before I bought my own I was "let go" for being uninsurable due to too many moving violations.
plowboy
7/16/2010 9:12am
1982, the oil boom was going bust, I was working for Dowell and they had already fired over half the employees for crazy stupid stuff. The rest of us were walking on egg shells cause we needed the job. A note on the bulletin board says 4th of July is a holiday. They fired 6 of us for not reporting to work. Management denied the note...no unemployment. I went back in the Air Force.
BobbyM
7/16/2010 10:05am
calimxer91 wrote:
Pep Boys.about 19 yrs old.Treat thier cust like gold and slavedrive the employees.They said "stock the oil "over the loud speaker and I said stock this...
never...almost from an mxforum but they let me back in
BobbyM
7/16/2010 10:07am
calimxer91 wrote:
Larry wrote:
Pep boys has a good business plan.
Calimxer91 does not.
I hope you learn from this.
awesome reply
calimxer91
7/16/2010 10:49am
calimxer91 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
never...almost from an mxforum but they let me back in
Right on.So glad your back on the job man.These noobs aint gonna haze themselves and as you can see Larry's a miserable failure at it .
calimxer91
7/16/2010 10:51am
Have'nt any of you no's heard of a "unemployment vacation".Good business plan in my world.
calimxer91
7/16/2010 10:53am
Almost happened at the job im at now.The benefits and salary package trumped that .She had that sexy ,bitchy thing goin on.
Rooster
7/16/2010 11:35am
Once, I was 14 working as a busboy and they accused me of theft (the value of a six pack).

For the record, I didn't do it.

Actually I fired myself a few years ago.

I got burnt out working for myself and wanted a change of scenery so I took a job working for somebody else in a different industry. As it turns out after being self-employed for so many years, you don't make such a good employee anymore. It's tough when you don't get to call the shots. So I quit and started up for myself again. Never been happier.
pitbike502
7/16/2010 6:30pm
SteveS wrote:
Bitch talked like she had been inhaling helium for about 12 hours straight! She was hot and the family was loaded. I just could not tolerate...
Bitch talked like she had been inhaling helium for about 12 hours straight! She was hot and the family was loaded. I just could not tolerate that freaking voice!
hows the wife now anyway? Tongue
mxpimp
7/16/2010 6:55pm
I got laid off with about 20 other guys. Collected about 5 month of unemployment and started working, got a letter in the mail saying I owed all the money that I collected. The company said I quit and owe the money. So I showed unemployment office my lay-off letter and the company was fined 10k. That made me happy.
wildbill
7/16/2010 8:45pm
probably shouldn't recount this but wtf?

Was working at a local finish mill through high school and college and went to 7-11 for lunch with a co-worker. We smoked a bowl of homegrown shake and didn't even get much of a buzz but, the piece o shit vega I had stuck in 1st so in the parking lot, I backed it up on a telephone pole (place horizontally to allow pull in parking). Funny thing is, the office lady who saw me get a couple runs in reverse (to get the car up sufficiently for linkage unjamming!) thought that my hitting it at mach 4 in reverse was suspicious behavior and told security.

Security ambled out and opened the unlocked door and was confronted with the smell of marijuana... FUCK! drugtest which I promptly failed (thought I might pass because I wasn't high in the least bit, but I was a fuckin stoned metal guitarist who worked at the mill for play money and failed miserably.

Good thing was, I got full boat unemployment and had a lawyer who represented me for free at the hearing...Said he "wanted to take down them fuckers"...lol! Well, he didn't but, He got me one year of max unemplyment so I could go rock out locally while the mill cashed me out for over a grand. 1986, mind you, a college punk could enter summer quit nicely on that.
swizcore
7/17/2010 6:49pm
SteveS wrote:
Bitch talked like she had been inhaling helium for about 12 hours straight! She was hot and the family was loaded. I just could not tolerate...
How do you find time to breath Erik!?Laughing
7/18/2010 7:07am
SteveS wrote:
swizcore wrote:
How do you find time to breath Erik!?Laughing
I can sleep when I am dead. While I am alive there are still women I have never had.Cool
chadwik74
7/18/2010 7:34am
Got fired from a GM dealership once(partsman) for taking warranty parts before they completed the cycle of throwing them out. In the early 90's Chevy's had grille's that the chrome would peel and people would bitch and get brand new ones. Lots of times the mechanics would throw them right in there trucks, but my manager put his foot down and made them go through the procedure. I took a couple out before thier time and we got audited....Was in school for 1st yr partsman and got a call to come back and see the owner......GONE....a salesman saw me loading them up and ratted me out.

It was really not a joyful experiance being called a thief for used shit like that....but it is what it is. Someone once told me that everyone should be fired once to appriciate working a bit more.Been there.
JustMX
7/20/2010 7:31pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2010 7:32pm
calimxer91 wrote:
You and Barack may have more in common soon.....
JustMX
7/20/2010 7:42pm
In 1985 I was working in Nashville sandblasting and painting huge oil tanks at a pipeline depot.

We would blast all day and then stop about an hour before dark to put primer on the tanks so the dew wouldn't cause rust.

We had done the sides of one of the dome tanks and the guy that owned the company wanted us to go ahead and put the white paint on the sides before we did the dome.

The next day we blasted the dome.

Meanwhile the owner got plastered at a local bar and didn't go get the primer for us to put on so we had to leave the metal bare.

We woke up the next morning to a thunderstorm.

We went out to the job and the owner was there flipping out.

Rusty water was running off the dome and down the sides of the freshly painted tank.

He wanted us to go up with pressure washers and hose it off while it was still raining with occasional thunder and lightning.

I told him no. He told me to get in his truck.

He took me back to the motel and gave me 5 minutes to get my stuff.

The best part was I was on a ratty old t500 twin cylinder two stroke suzuki street bike, it was still storming, and I had a 3 hour ride home.

I was already soaked so I hit the road, broke, with a pay check I couldn't cash until I got home.

The bike lost a piston 30 minutes from home.

Post a reply to: Ever been fired from a job?

The Latest