Eric Holder: "It is legal to kill a US citizen"

Edited Date/Time 3/6/2012 10:09pm
With no trial!

1984 is fast approaching. Rise against!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/06/us/politics/holder-explains-threat-th…

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. asserted on Monday that it is lawful for the government to kill American citizens if officials deem them to be operational leaders of Al Qaeda who are planning attacks on the United States and if capturing them alive is not feasible.

“Given the nature of how terrorists act and where they tend to hide, it may not always be feasible to capture a United States citizen terrorist who presents an imminent threat of violent attack,” Mr. Holder said in a speech at Northwestern University’s law school. “In that case, our government has the clear authority to defend the United States with lethal force.”
|
7I3N
3/5/2012 7:57pm
indy_maico
3/6/2012 6:46am
The Patriot Act pretty much denies citizens and non-citizens their rights in the name of fighting 'the war on terror', and it is a bi-partisan law that both Democrats and Republicans signed off on.

So does this really surprise anyone?
yzthumpa
3/6/2012 7:01am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2012 7:04am
Dumbasses, when explaining the context, it didn't say "citizen," it said "citizen terrorist who presents an imminenet threat of violent attack." If you people can't distinguish the diiference, it's quite obvious where the problem in this country lies. No, better yet, let's send a dozen policemen or soldiers into a fortified bunker to capture them for trial, getting half of them killed in the process, so we can protect the rights of a "citizen terrorist who presents an imminent threat of violent attack." Do I fear for the loss of my rights as an American citizen? No, because when I go about I daily business of playing Call of Duty or taking the family out to eat or to the movies, or take my son to karate lessons, I don't fear that the government will mistakenly identify me as a "citizen terrorist who presents an imminent threat of violent attack" and take me out. Geez. But you guys let me know when our Orwellian government starts walking the streets and killing innocent citizens, cause OBVIOUSLY this means we are like a week away from that, right?

The Shop

yzthumpa
3/6/2012 7:05am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2012 7:06am
And you guys do realize that you're free to pack your bags and move to another country, right?.
yzthumpa
3/6/2012 7:23am
So if an American citizen is an Operational leader of Al Qaeda planning an imminent attack on your country, and he's holed up in a bunker in Afghanistan, your wish is to deny your military the right to take him out without a trial?
racin mason
3/6/2012 7:33am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2012 7:56am
What happens when you question our government and are very vocal about it,should some trigger happy government goon be able to take you out because he thinks you are a terrorist???You cool with that thumpa????
3/6/2012 7:39am
The 'without due process' part of this is what I have trouble with. Who is it up to? Is it the executive branch who determines who lives and who dies?
TeamGreen
3/6/2012 9:26am
indy_maico wrote:
The Patriot Act pretty much denies citizens and non-citizens their rights in the name of fighting 'the war on terror', and it is a bi-partisan law...
The Patriot Act pretty much denies citizens and non-citizens their rights in the name of fighting 'the war on terror', and it is a bi-partisan law that both Democrats and Republicans signed off on.

So does this really surprise anyone?
Yes, actually, it does suprise me that these Fuck-tards can piss on the Bill of Rights so blatantly.

Worse, yet: The Reality TV watching-Snookie-Fan-Igno-Fucks that need me to pay for their EVERY Whim are completely fuckin' OBLIVIOUS to what's going on.

There, that's EXACTLY what I think.
yzthumpa
3/6/2012 9:42am
What happens when you question our government and are very vocal about it,should some trigger happy government goon be able to take you out because he...
What happens when you question our government and are very vocal about it,should some trigger happy government goon be able to take you out because he thinks you are a terrorist???You cool with that thumpa????
I can say without hesitation that I will live the rest of my life with absolutely zero fear of that ever happening to me. If you can't read that article and make the clear distinction of the intent of the law versus giving the government unbridled authority to kill any citizen whenevr and wherever they choose, I don't know how to explain it to you in a manner that you would understand. Did you misread the part about "when capture isn't feasible?" I'll continue to be damn glad that my government has the authority to send in a drone to blow up a terrorist bunker regardless of the nationality of its residents.
yzthumpa
3/6/2012 9:43am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2012 9:52am
Is that not the precise intent stated? Or did you stop reading at "kill U.S. citizen" and disregard the rest? And don't law officers have to kill U.S. citizens on a regular basis in the absence of a trial? Do you want to take away their firearms as well and only equip them with handcuffs? If not, explain the difference.
TeamGreen
3/6/2012 9:47am
TripleFive wrote:
The 'without due process' part of this is what I have trouble with. Who is it up to? Is it the executive branch who determines who...
The 'without due process' part of this is what I have trouble with. Who is it up to? Is it the executive branch who determines who lives and who dies?
My friend, you are hitting the nail directly on it's head.
TeamGreen
3/6/2012 9:50am
yzthumpa wrote:
Dumbasses, when explaining the context, it didn't say "citizen," it said "citizen terrorist who presents an imminenet threat of violent attack." If you people can't distinguish...
Dumbasses, when explaining the context, it didn't say "citizen," it said "citizen terrorist who presents an imminenet threat of violent attack." If you people can't distinguish the diiference, it's quite obvious where the problem in this country lies. No, better yet, let's send a dozen policemen or soldiers into a fortified bunker to capture them for trial, getting half of them killed in the process, so we can protect the rights of a "citizen terrorist who presents an imminent threat of violent attack." Do I fear for the loss of my rights as an American citizen? No, because when I go about I daily business of playing Call of Duty or taking the family out to eat or to the movies, or take my son to karate lessons, I don't fear that the government will mistakenly identify me as a "citizen terrorist who presents an imminent threat of violent attack" and take me out. Geez. But you guys let me know when our Orwellian government starts walking the streets and killing innocent citizens, cause OBVIOUSLY this means we are like a week away from that, right?
There's this little document, you may have heard of, that speaks to the rights of the Citizens of The United States of America...
yzthumpa
3/6/2012 10:16am
yzthumpa wrote:
Dumbasses, when explaining the context, it didn't say "citizen," it said "citizen terrorist who presents an imminenet threat of violent attack." If you people can't distinguish...
TeamGreen wrote:
There's this little document, you may have heard of, that speaks to the rights of the Citizens of The United States of America...
So you agree that we should take away policemen's guns and only arm them with handcuffs? How can they kill a citizen prior to trial?
TeamGreen
3/6/2012 10:25am
yzthumpa wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
yzthumpa wrote:
So you agree that we should take away policemen's guns and only arm them with handcuffs? How can they kill a citizen prior to trial?
No, actually, I KNOW that the existing laws that were on the books BEFORE these dumb-asses started fucking with things ALREADY allowed for law-enforcement to PROTECT US from these things; however, too many of us are intellectually ABSENT from the argument and it's Constitutional Implications and/or VIOLATIONS.

FURTHERMORE, This POS and his Boss really just shit ALL OVER YOU and your fellow citizens when he (POTUS) signed the latest NDAA.

So, NO! I'm not English and I like my Cops carrying weps.

NO! I don't like the Pre-Authorization to Kill that Holder talks about, here.

NO! I'm not OK with these idiots side-stepping the Charter of our Country.

The Idea that it ain't gonna happen to you has been addressed...over 200 years ago...by a very wise man. Maybe you've heard of him?

Ben Frankiln...?
yzthumpa
3/6/2012 11:20am
TeamGreen wrote:
yzthumpa wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
No, actually, I KNOW that the existing laws that were on the books BEFORE these dumb-asses started fucking with things ALREADY allowed for law-enforcement to PROTECT...
No, actually, I KNOW that the existing laws that were on the books BEFORE these dumb-asses started fucking with things ALREADY allowed for law-enforcement to PROTECT US from these things; however, too many of us are intellectually ABSENT from the argument and it's Constitutional Implications and/or VIOLATIONS.

FURTHERMORE, This POS and his Boss really just shit ALL OVER YOU and your fellow citizens when he (POTUS) signed the latest NDAA.

So, NO! I'm not English and I like my Cops carrying weps.

NO! I don't like the Pre-Authorization to Kill that Holder talks about, here.

NO! I'm not OK with these idiots side-stepping the Charter of our Country.

The Idea that it ain't gonna happen to you has been addressed...over 200 years ago...by a very wise man. Maybe you've heard of him?

Ben Frankiln...?
So how is it different for an officer to make a split-second judgement and kill a citizen without due process or trial as opposed to the military doing it after spending months or years gathering intelligence and making a similar decision without trial?
MotoX85
3/6/2012 11:31am
Bill of Rights this, Constitution that. Whatever. The penalty for treason is (can be) Death, plain and simple, always has been. Once you commit treason (by joining a fucking terrorist organization that targets killing every fucking Amreican they can) then you give up ALL US rights. They can determine your punishment for you crimes (of treason), without you present, based on the facts (of you blowing up every fucking American you can). Hence if the government determines you a threat to national security (by you killing ever fucking American you can) they can "stop your aggressive terrorist behavior" for the reason of national security. So preach on brothas about all the bills of this, constitutions of that..................WHILE THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE TO PROTECT YOU FUCKTARDS CAN GET TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel free to spin away.
MotoX85
3/6/2012 11:33am
Now after my rant and to answer your thread topic.

I sure am glad it is, on a case by case basis. ONLY freaking thing this 4 years has done right.
racin mason
3/6/2012 11:41am
Cops MURDER innocent people way to often.When this happens usually they all band together to protect their own.I can see this same thing happenning if someone decides you are a terrorist.I dont trust those in charge not to abuse this power.
MotoX85
3/6/2012 11:49am
What if the Citizen Terrorist is on US Soil? Do the rules change?
The rules of treason - No. however being in country would probably make it easier to bring him to trial.
MotoX85
3/6/2012 11:54am
Cops MURDER innocent people way to often.When this happens usually they all band together to protect their own.I can see this same thing happenning if someone...
Cops MURDER innocent people way to often.When this happens usually they all band together to protect their own.I can see this same thing happenning if someone decides you are a terrorist.I dont trust those in charge not to abuse this power.
Cops MURDER.....really.... you have issues bro.....lots of serious issues.

Show me one case of police murdering innocent people that they were NOT brought to trial............JUST ONE!!!!!! Don't argue with me about conviction or innocence, that was the juries decision based on facts that you have no idea about unless you were on the jury.

JUST ONE

However, I do have doubts most times that people will not abuse power. But in this case, when you release a video, stating you want to kell every Infidel American you can and you denounce your citizenship.......I think its pretty cut and dry case.....just sayin
jtomasik
3/6/2012 12:03pm
Our government treats foreigners better than the citizens who pay their salaries.
MotoX85
3/6/2012 12:05pm
I love how you twist fanatics use words and phrases that don't exist to spin yourselves into a frenzy! Just use the freakin words as they are stated not how you wnat them to appear.

If a cop shoots someone, you are correct, they do not go directly to trial. They are put in front of a review board and question about every fucking thing in their lives and they have NO rights. Medical records, financial records, past performance reviews everything. 10 times more invasive than a normal trial and would never be done or tolerated by the regular citizen screaming to the ACLU. They do not need probable cause, they do not need search warrants. Then they go to an inquest to determine if blame can be placed, as does EVERY legal action involving death. Then after those two it is determined whether to start a trial.

"turning the military loose on Americans" if this aint the butt-fucking stupidiest statement I have ever heard. Everything you say from this point on is mute coming for a person who actually thinks the Military is "turned loose" on Americans.

ONCE AGAIN - you have NEVER been a cop and have NEVER been in the military and you have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE of what you are talking about..........ZERO!!!!!
MotoX85
3/6/2012 12:07pm
One is in Afghanistan and one is in Nebraska. One you can extrodite, one you cannot......this is really basic stuff. I guess I should have put quotes around "in country".
MotoX85
3/6/2012 12:08pm
jtomasik wrote:
Our government treats foreigners better than the citizens who pay their salaries.
I can't argue with that.
MotoX85
3/6/2012 12:46pm
But the fact is I HAVE experiences. Which is my point, you have none (about the topics discussed). Have all the opinions you want, question whatever you want, but don't spew shit out of your mouth like its true. How about, "I think" or "it's my belief" or "my opinion is" instead you post. "It's like when they turn the military loose on Americans"

Because people base their opinions off of experience, not what the TV told them. also if you have no experience, your opinions really do not mean much.........which is why you never add that you have NO experience in what you are talking about.

Your right, you do not need credentials to question, but you need a little experieince to know what you are questioning. You are not obligated to "automatically" question your government, it is aright given to you by your government, but that doesn;t mean you can;t question them, you just need a little experience about "what" you are questioning.

Cops DO go to trail if found they should be tried for thier actions. I have presented that task, find me ONE. No bunddy held a gun to Mr American Terrorist either. he CHOSE to be a terrorist against the country he is from. Now one held him at gunpoint.

I DO NOT suggest only those who serve can question, in fact I think EVERYONE (with experience on the matters at hand) should be able to question things they do not like.......but again the problems lies with you have to have experience on what you are questioning.

The fact that I have been in the military even 1 day is more of defending the constitution then you EVER will. Yep you are right again, since the day I was born I have been in the military and the life I have lived traveling the globe 10 times over has skewed my "allegiance" to my country and this is why after 42 years, I am still defending people like you.........of course cause my allegiance is skewed. The only thing that could "skew" my allegiance is having to go to bed at night, in an Afghanistan desert while my buddies pull gaurd duty, to keep the base alive, knowing the people I am doing this for, question my "skewed allegiance"

The group I am sworn to defend is YOU!!!

See how that works I addressed all your concerns, address the words presented, answer the questions presented and stick to the topic. Think we can handle that in return?
yzthumpa
3/6/2012 12:54pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2012 1:01pm
MotoX85 wrote:
Bill of Rights this, Constitution that. Whatever. The penalty for treason is (can be) Death, plain and simple, always has been. Once you commit treason (by...
Bill of Rights this, Constitution that. Whatever. The penalty for treason is (can be) Death, plain and simple, always has been. Once you commit treason (by joining a fucking terrorist organization that targets killing every fucking Amreican they can) then you give up ALL US rights. They can determine your punishment for you crimes (of treason), without you present, based on the facts (of you blowing up every fucking American you can). Hence if the government determines you a threat to national security (by you killing ever fucking American you can) they can "stop your aggressive terrorist behavior" for the reason of national security. So preach on brothas about all the bills of this, constitutions of that..................WHILE THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE TO PROTECT YOU FUCKTARDS CAN GET TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel free to spin away.
Finally someone with some fucking common sense around here! I'm by no means a maniacal flag-waving patriot, but I was beginning to think this is turning into a country full of pussies.
On the other issue, my father was a Capt. on the New Orleans police force, so I'll be a little biased on this one. But if a cop kills someone in the line of duty, his life and his career may never be the same, no matter how rightful. And if there is even the smallest hint of wrongdoing, you can bet your ass it's going to trial.
MotoX85
3/6/2012 12:55pm
Ok, I'll bite.

Because you can put out an APB (all points bulletin) to every police agency in the US to pick up Joe terrosist in the a Nebraska bunker, which you then in turn can bring to trial. Easy.

No such APB in Afghanistan and when you have a person that has joined a terrorist organization and is wholed up in a foreign country, then you have to deal with treaties and foreign relations and SOFA agreements and then the country (as they already have) can just say, he is no longer an American citizen, he has denounced his citienship, has requested exile and we are not going to give him to you.

So after that the US government (whatever you want to call the dept) has a meeting, pretty much determines the security level threat and issues orders to "stop the aggression behavior" against the US and their allies for the purpose of national security. And then they formulate a plan to rid said terrorist from mother earth.

However this explanation is all for not. At any given time, he could have turned himself in for a proper trial (in the US or Afghan which you know he would have recieved if he gave up) but he chose not to...........NO one put a gun to his head and since he was an American, he knows damn well what the punishment for treason is.

Post a reply to: Eric Holder: "It is legal to kill a US citizen"

The Latest