England v Italy in Euros Final

Elliot
What a night last night, England beating Denmark in the semis. The celebrations were just epic.

Gonna be an awesome game against Italy.

C'mon England!

|
peltier626
7/8/2021 8:48am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2021 12:08pm
And Argentina V Brazil in the Copa. Great events in the near future. Looking forward to the world cup qualifiers later in the year, finally the US has a "hopefully" competitive team and a brighter future! There are some promising young players on the team. Here in Louisiana we have finally been awarded a MLS junior program. The first time ever. Soccer looks to be on the rise in the states.
Nighttrain
7/8/2021 6:30pm
Looking forward to the final versus Italy. England’s game with Denmark was intense. That was cool it was Kane who knocked in the winner.
Elliot
7/10/2021 11:52am
Here's hoping Jack Grealish gets off the bench tomorrow. He's the real deal.

Sunhouse
7/11/2021 10:42am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2021 10:44am
As much as a hated Englands cheap ass penalty, I hope football’s coming home tonight.
Would have expected an Italian to fall that cheaply, not an Englishman. Even after video ref they still gave England the penalty. Unbeliable IMO. Still would prefer if Italy lost tonight, it would be good for the sport

The Shop

Sunhouse
7/11/2021 11:52am
Yeah, it does get annoying. The closer to the Mediterranean you get, the easier they fall or cheat in football. They have nice technique when they try, whereas Central and Northern Europe don’t play with the same pizzazz. They play very structured and precise, and rarely fall to cheat. Seeing Germany vs Italy is like seeing football from two different planets
GabeM
7/11/2021 1:04pm
American coaching pretty much sucks top to bottom. Virtually every sport is about who you know and are you willing to follow the latest trends. Nepotism is rampant. Hardly any have any sort of philosophy or strategy training or care to adopt or develop one. In the pros the athletes drive the bus. Most sports just promote former athletes who were decent leaders but can't teach very well. Basketball is the most glaring.

Prntscrn
7/11/2021 3:14pm Edited Date/Time 7/11/2021 3:15pm
Fucking Southgate. Subs on 2 players last minutes who combined I think got in one touch. Sends them to take the 3rd and 4th penalty kick, and then a little kid to take the last. Poor Saka will get a lot of heat on social media when in reality he shouldn't have been sent there to take a must score PK.
Sunhouse
7/11/2021 4:37pm
Prntscrn wrote:
Fucking Southgate. Subs on 2 players last minutes who combined I think got in one touch. Sends them to take the 3rd and 4th penalty kick...
Fucking Southgate. Subs on 2 players last minutes who combined I think got in one touch. Sends them to take the 3rd and 4th penalty kick, and then a little kid to take the last. Poor Saka will get a lot of heat on social media when in reality he shouldn't have been sent there to take a must score PK.
Agreed, it was a poor choice.
Who tip toes before a penalty kick anymore btw? Even my grandmother knows the statistics on that.

Can we take a minute to appreciate how good Englands goalie was in this game? He kept England in the match and through the penalties. Bloody amazing!
To be fair the Italians were the better team tonight, just hate seeing them win. Really wanted England to win for a change.
Sunhouse
7/11/2021 4:41pm
Good points. I think he has a point, but would add that football is also about reading the game. The players need to understand it strategically during the match too. And from what I have seen from the US team they have tactics, but lack the comprehension as opposed to the top teams. Take Brazil, Spain or Argentina; those guys play for different clubs, but can all read the game and position themselves better for their teammates during play. And that has little to do with strength and size for sure
Mucktub
7/11/2021 4:46pm
It's as much about what you do off the ball as on the ball, that's what makes it the ultimate team sport really. England showed that in the 1st half and Italy showed it the rest of the match.
Nighttrain
7/11/2021 7:37pm
Sunhouse wrote:
Good points. I think he has a point, but would add that football is also about reading the game. The players need to understand it strategically...
Good points. I think he has a point, but would add that football is also about reading the game. The players need to understand it strategically during the match too. And from what I have seen from the US team they have tactics, but lack the comprehension as opposed to the top teams. Take Brazil, Spain or Argentina; those guys play for different clubs, but can all read the game and position themselves better for their teammates during play. And that has little to do with strength and size for sure
Gutted over that game. Why did England play prevent defense so early? It never works in any sport’s championship game.
peltier626
7/12/2021 6:19am
While i do agree that the flopping is almost unbearable and disrespectful to the game, the game itself is very enjoyable to watch. The nuances, ebb and flow and everchanging constants deems it a thinking mans game. The faster, stronger mentality wont work here. I'm still very new to the game but seems it's more of an analysis/interpret/react form that's ever changing. To compare it to American football every soccer player needs the mentality and understanding of the quarterback. I do think we will eventually catch up to the rest of the world in time. It was a good game though. The flopping has to stop.

Post a reply to: England v Italy in Euros Final

The Latest