End of entertainment era kind of sad

level
Avengers
Big Bang theory
Game of thrones

All huge things of the last decade just gone.
|
Casting
5/2/2019 7:45am
I couldn't get into Big Bang theory. The jokes seemed forced and like they tried way to hard to make scientific references, not to mention that laugh track... but I know a lot of people who were into it. To each their own.

I think I am maybe not the intended audience for most TV. The last show that really gripped me was Breaking Bad. Then again, I don't own a TV... so maybe my opinion on this topic doesn't matter much haha.

I did really like Captain America Civil War and thought Infinity War was cool though!
JAFO92
5/2/2019 8:05am
I never understood the Big Bang Theory. A show that is supposed to geared towards nerdy guys, all it showed was 10 years of some mediocre looking blonde belittling, ridiculing and acting like shes too good for the guys the entire time. And even now as this character is finally married to one of the nerds, she still rubs his nose it how 'lucky' he is to be with her pretty much every episode. Then they add in an oppressive little dominatrix with a annoying voice who basically emasculates the other skinny nerd pretty much every episode. I really dont see the appeal.

Casting
5/2/2019 8:55am Edited Date/Time 5/2/2019 8:56am
JAFO92 wrote:
I never understood the Big Bang Theory. A show that is supposed to geared towards nerdy guys, all it showed was 10 years of some mediocre...
I never understood the Big Bang Theory. A show that is supposed to geared towards nerdy guys, all it showed was 10 years of some mediocre looking blonde belittling, ridiculing and acting like shes too good for the guys the entire time. And even now as this character is finally married to one of the nerds, she still rubs his nose it how 'lucky' he is to be with her pretty much every episode. Then they add in an oppressive little dominatrix with a annoying voice who basically emasculates the other skinny nerd pretty much every episode. I really dont see the appeal.

Right? Like they were trying to elevate the "nerd" type while simultaneously shitting on them. Nice analysis, you nailed what I believe others might be thinking but were not sure how to articulate.
Jimmy638
5/2/2019 9:09am
JAFO92 wrote:
I never understood the Big Bang Theory. A show that is supposed to geared towards nerdy guys, all it showed was 10 years of some mediocre...

LaughingLaughingLaughing must have been a train wreck for you then as you have a pretty good understanding of the show but you "Don't understand the appeal"

Never watched any of those shows OP stated. I don't get "The appeal" of the Thrones shows. To each their own.

The Shop

JAFO92
5/2/2019 9:28am
Jimmy638 wrote:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: must have been a train wreck for you then as you have a pretty good understanding of the show but you "Don't understand...
LaughingLaughingLaughing must have been a train wreck for you then as you have a pretty good understanding of the show but you "Don't understand the appeal"

Never watched any of those shows OP stated. I don't get "The appeal" of the Thrones shows. To each their own.
Wasnt a train wreck for me, I couldnt care less about TV shows. And yeah I have a complete understanding of the show as my wife watched the damn thing for years until that militant, nasal voiced heifer was brought in and that finally pushed her off of it.

I also dont follow comic book movies and have no clue what game of thrones is.
akillerwombat
5/2/2019 9:50am
Big Band theory is pretty fucking bad.

That said, when abroad, it's comforting as all hell when it comes on TV and that show is EVERYWHERE.
71Fish
5/2/2019 3:32pm
JAFO92 wrote:

For someone doesn't understand the show, you seem to have pretty in-depth knowledge. Are you a security guard?
71Fish
5/2/2019 3:34pm
JAFO92 wrote:

Jimmy638 wrote:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: must have been a train wreck for you then as you have a pretty good understanding of the show but you "Don't understand...

I guess I didn't read all of the replies before leaving mine. We were thinking the exact same thing.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
5/2/2019 4:24pm
I couldn't get into big bang theory either
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
5/3/2019 9:54am
I'm confused. You guys mean to say that the TV works, even when Supercross isn't on?
APLMAN99
5/3/2019 10:38am
I'm definitely in the minority here, because I've really like The Big Bang Theory. There have been periods when it wasn't quite as funny, but overall it's been a reliable little half hour of laughs for me. I know enough nerds that the actions of those 4-5 (if you include Stewart) main guys kind of reminds me of someone almost always. The over exaggeration of their quirks is kind of funny to me.

Haven't watched Game of Thrones, though now that it is coming to an end I can see myself probably binge watching the whole thing next winter when it gets dark early. Won't have enough time during the summer, obviously. I've done that with several of the HBO/Showtime series in order to "catch up" for seasons that were upcoming, and some where the series ended.

I don't know the Avengers series all that well, I'm sure I've seen at least a couple of the movies in the franchise but just didn't realize that they were. I don't know the differences between the Marvel and DC stories, so I don't really pay attention to any sort of timeline, etc. I like the action stuff in a lot of the superhero movies lately, though, so I will probably try to get to a theater to watch it before it goes away.
early
Fantasy
2212th
5/3/2019 10:46am Edited Date/Time 5/3/2019 10:48am
Watched the first 5 or 6 seasons of big bang and thought it was pretty good. Stopped watching when the CBS shows went to the pay app and Exodus got really flakey. The show had jumped the shark by that time really.

No GOT or Marvel for me. I did see the first Captain America and thought it was an excellent movie, but I like the WW2 angle of it.
71Fish
5/3/2019 11:19am
Never had HBO so I've never seen GOT. I have watched about 20 minutes during a free preview weekend but didn't think it was something I would watch. If it comes to Netflix I may give it a go from the beginning and see what happens.

Can't stand the DC/Marvel shows but my wife likes them, which means I've seen them. I struggle to pay attention so I have no idea what the stories are. Dead Pool was funny, but Suicide Squad is the movie I baseline all other shitty movies.

I don't follow Big Bang but catch it in syndication if I'm watching TV at night.
plowboy
5/3/2019 4:05pm
I cut the direct tv. Now we just have Amazon, Netflix...and other internet stuff. I never realised how much time I wasted watching the damn tv. Now my job has gotten crazy so I see nothing...work, eat, sleep...repeat. The paychecks are fat but I'm getting worn down to a nubbin.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
5/5/2019 1:07pm
I can say all entertainment is this to an extent. Capt. Marvel. Now a group has said, not only should Captain Marvel be a woman but a woman of color and Brie Larson should step down?

I never watched Game of Thrones.

What ever happened to just being creative and celebrating that creativity? Found myself watching Modern Times with Charlie Chaplin. Wow. Great production, visual effects were amazing. They did it because the wanted to Entertain.

How it was done.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/5/2019 1:27pm
Haven't watched Game of Thrones but there's apparently 3 spinoffs in the works with one of them being a prequel set thousands of years before Game of Thrones and will star Naomi Watts.

The pilot for that one will apparently start shooting later this year.

The two other one's are still at the script stage.
BMSOBx2
5/6/2019 5:28pm
level wrote:
Avengers
Big Bang theory
Game of thrones

All huge things of the last decade just gone.
You call that s*** entertainment?

Post a reply to: End of entertainment era kind of sad

The Latest