Ellipticals

Motomaniac
Edited Date/Time 10/27/2017 1:34pm
Need advice on exercise equipment. I had 2 micro discectomies last year and can no longer jog or get my heart rate to
a high level. I think I was told that an elliptical is one of the better machines for a bad back. It is supposed to help
stretch muscles and provide a low impact aerobic work out. Does that sound about right?
I'm looking for any input before I buy one.
|
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
10/26/2017 3:27pm
Ask a sports physiologist or your regular doctor. Whatever you do, don't heed the advice of anybody on here that recommends a KX500.
newmann
10/26/2017 4:08pm
Motomaniac wrote:
Need advice on exercise equipment. I had 2 micro discectomies last year and can no longer jog or get my heart rate to a high level...
Need advice on exercise equipment. I had 2 micro discectomies last year and can no longer jog or get my heart rate to
a high level. I think I was told that an elliptical is one of the better machines for a bad back. It is supposed to help
stretch muscles and provide a low impact aerobic work out. Does that sound about right?
I'm looking for any input before I buy one.
Make sure it's what you need and then go try a bunch out before you buy. Don't go cheap either, make sure you are getting gym quality commercial equipment. We ended up buying a treadmill and elliptical from the same mfg and while the wife loves the treadmill neither of us have grown to like the elliptical. The spacing of the hands and feet just doesn't feel natural. Thought it would be one of those things that would be easy to adjust to but it seems to have gone the other way.
JAFO92
10/26/2017 5:46pm
newmann wrote:
Make sure it's what you need and then go try a bunch out before you buy. Don't go cheap either, make sure you are getting gym...
Make sure it's what you need and then go try a bunch out before you buy. Don't go cheap either, make sure you are getting gym quality commercial equipment. We ended up buying a treadmill and elliptical from the same mfg and while the wife loves the treadmill neither of us have grown to like the elliptical. The spacing of the hands and feet just doesn't feel natural. Thought it would be one of those things that would be easy to adjust to but it seems to have gone the other way.
What brand/model you got ?
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
10/26/2017 6:11pm
Ellipticals are the ticket. Especially for old busted MX’ers and their knees. One thing I never thought of, until a friend told me, but some people with hip problems (alignment, etc.) have a hard time w/them. FWIW.

Like someone above mentioned, really try out what you think you want so that you are comfortable. I use one three or more times a week and highly recommened it for low impact and good cardio.

The Shop

Motomaniac
10/26/2017 7:49pm
Thanks for the info. I'm going to get an elliptical. I used them in PT and liked them. I can't swim for beans, or I would. I saw one on sale at Costco. A ProForm 1120E for 799.99 delivered. I'm going with Newmann's advice and going to try different ones for fit before I take the plunge. Thanks for the responses.
I can't get my leg over the new MX bikes, let alone a KX500!
newmann
10/27/2017 8:12am
newmann wrote:
Make sure it's what you need and then go try a bunch out before you buy. Don't go cheap either, make sure you are getting gym...
JAFO92 wrote:
What brand/model you got ?
True.

Post a reply to: Ellipticals

The Latest