Eating Alone

Related:
Create New Tag

12/26/2017 12:51 PM

Does anyone else like to do this?

There was a time in my life when I felt awkward going anywhere by myself...especially to a sit down restaurant...these days, I love eating alone...most of the time (my wife and kids, and with good friends being the exceptions).

|

12/26/2017 1:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2017 1:09 PM

Ha!
|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

12/26/2017 1:22 PM

kzizok wrote:

Ha!

lol

|

12/26/2017 1:45 PM

I go out to eat alone all the time and I like it, my kids are grown and now its just me, what's nice is once you get to know the waiters and waitresses they make you feel more comfortable

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

12/26/2017 1:48 PM

I do it all the time myself. Depending on the person(s) you're with , your food would be cold before you can even finish it. Besides I usually eat enough for two anyways , so still costs the same. smile

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

12/26/2017 2:19 PM

?ecver=2" width="480" height="360
|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

12/26/2017 3:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2017 3:02 PM

Love it when I just want to dive in and eat. Something about not having to entertain, worry about how much and how fast I’m eating, how I am holding the utensils, or if I’m on my phone too much has a worry free feeling to it. Breakfast at the Waffle House or other local family joint on Saturday is my usual alone time.

|

12/26/2017 4:15 PM

I have never sat down and ate by myself........and I don't think I would.....Seems like a waste of time kinda....if I'm sitting down to a meal its more about socializing than eating for me......If I'm alone and hungry, I eat going down the road steering with my knee.

|

12/26/2017 4:20 PM

vetmxr wrote:

I have never sat down and ate by myself........and I don't think I would.....Seems like a waste of time kinda....if I'm sitting down to a meal its more about socializing than eating for me......If I'm alone and hungry, I eat going down the road steering with my knee.

I'm in the same boat , most of the time its headed out to camp ,i'll stop and grab something that resembles food shove it in my face while driving .

|

12/26/2017 4:29 PM

I dunno. I've had a few women say they don't feel comfortable eating alone, and doesn't it bother me?

Never has.
When I'm busy, yeah, I wolf down a Big Mac with the best of em, one handed while driving.
But, I try to avoid it. I mean, 30 minutes to kinda chill, catch up on the news, relaxing, resetting to me is a good thing.

If I can't take half an hour, if I'm jammed to where I have to eat on the run, I kinda feel I'm fucking up with the rest of what I have going on.

|

12/26/2017 4:45 PM

I have travelled for work and racing alone alot in my life and don’t have a problem eating alone in a restraunt, but can’t say I enjoy it

|

12/26/2017 4:57 PM

Not only do I like to eat alone, but I also like to drink alone.

|

12/26/2017 5:37 PM

Can't say I enjoy it, but I dont mind it. Typically If I do I gravitate towards a bar.
My Dad use to goto movies by himself, I dont know how he did it, I tried to after he passed and granted it was probably because the wound was fresh but it felt like the loneliest thing in the world to me.

|

12/26/2017 6:01 PM

Never done it, but the way some friends live staring at their phone screens it feels that way sometimes.

|

12/26/2017 6:10 PM

I like to eat alone or with somebody

|

12/26/2017 6:20 PM

i wont go to a buffet by myself but I have done some solo craigslist trips to the city and might of stopped somewhere I seen on Instagram to try out haha. Ill normally just sit down and go on vital or listen to pulpmx with my headphones on and play Settlers of Catan on my cell phone while i eat lol

im comfortable with being by myself, even smokin a small J before I walk in somewhere makes the whole experience a lot better haha treat yoself!

|

12/26/2017 6:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2017 6:51 PM

I go to food spots alone on lunch break sometimes. People get moved around a lot where I work so I've become optimistic when it comes to lunch buddies.

Going to the bar alone is another story. Usually have to have a few drinks before I do that.

|

12/26/2017 7:34 PM

I do movies alone.

Shift work , I love matinees by myself.

|

12/26/2017 7:37 PM

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

12/26/2017 8:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2017 9:07 PM

When I was "office bound", I would try to take one lunch time each week and go to lunch alone just to read a book/kindle/kindle for iPad, etc. One week I'd go to this little local pizza place, the next a tiny little Chinese restaurant. After several years of that routine, the staff get to know you pretty well and they'd let me just sit in silence, they knew that that hour was my "save my sanity" time.

A few years back I made the mistake of taking my wife to the Chinese restaurant. We sat down at our seats, but before we could order I excused myself to go to the restroom. Didn't envision any issues.

When I was getting back to the table, I could hear my wife and the waitress sort of arguing a little bit. Not really heated or anything, but definitely disagreeing. Just as I got there I heard my wife say something to the effect of "He's my husband, I should know what he wants!"

Seems that my wonderful wife was trying to order me something other than the standard "E with hot tea" that I'd been ordering every other week for about 10 years without exception, and the 70 year old waitress wasn't having any of that action because she knew what I was going to eat!

Ended up okay, but it did seem a bit crazy that I'd only been going to that place alone for all that time and hadn't even taken my wife there.

|

12/26/2017 8:12 PM

I eat lunch alone almost every day, and that's how I prefer it. I talk and deal with people all day long, so when I break for lunch, I don't want to have to talk to anyone unless I want to.

|

12/26/2017 9:23 PM

I travel for work pretty often, so I eat alone quite often. I like it.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

12/26/2017 9:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/26/2017 9:35 PM

Sometimes I'll go out for lunch on work break To the local Chinese all you can eat or the deli by myself, nice to get away from people for a little and just to get away from the office vibe. I like doing a lot of stuff alone actually lol.

(Looks like I'm not the only one)

|

12/27/2017 4:23 AM

Because of my work/school schedule, I eat alone quite often. Doesn't bother me at all.

|

12/27/2017 5:59 AM

I have never went out to a restaurant by myself. I was single for 15 years and didn’t want to bring attention to myself. laughing

|

12/27/2017 6:22 AM

I eat by myself all the time. I simply can not stand hearing other people eat. i can't listen to people chewing their food. It drives me insane. i know i have a problem, but it's tough to explain to other people outside of my family.

|

12/27/2017 7:14 AM

I work in an office and I eat alone at lunch all the time. Prefer that over eating with co-workers. I eat out at a sit down probably 50% of the time and the other 50% I bring a lunch to work and eat in my office.

|

12/27/2017 7:18 AM

Pre 2003, I traveled so much it was just a way of life. International travel, (I think I was a stamp shy of a full passport) the companies I visited always felt a need to host me every waking minute. That's very draining when it's not your choice. In the US I ate many a meal alone but it was nice that it was a choice and I could wind down from the day.
You know you're flying too much when you get on the plane and know all the stewardesses.
These days I try to spend as much time with the wife as possible and it would be rare to go without her.
TM

|

www.alljackedupinc.com home of the Switch Hauler, the only modular hauling system www.sprocketstuff.com home of the Counter Sprocket Tool

12/27/2017 7:31 AM

I got no problems doing that.

|

GP740
Since 1987

12/27/2017 9:40 AM

Eating alone is great. Eating with people is great. I'm good either way.

|

Contact Me

Instagram (@gdawson243)

Snapchat: gdawson2