East Area Rapist caught

MelonFan123
Edited Date/Time 4/29/2018 11:32pm
Also known as the Golden State Killer. Pretty crazy stuff. My buddy who is really knowledgable about this case was just venting to me all about it.

I'm just getting into it and the details are crazy! I figured some NorCal area people here may remember it?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/major-announcement-planned-elusive-serial-ki…

|
KMC440
4/25/2018 3:57pm
I do, had the region paralyzed for months. Even the police were telling women, and basically everyone not to got out at night unless it was absolutely necessary. Glad they finally caught the bastard.
Stuntman949
4/25/2018 4:53pm
Hmmm. Sick fuck will probably get like 6 years of hard time here in California
MelonFan123
4/25/2018 6:44pm
Man, I read some more about this case and there's some crazy stuff!

Many of his victims were couples, he would tie up the husband and make them watch or sit in another room while he raped the wife. One method he did more than once was put a stack of dishes on the man's back and say if he moves or the plates fall, you're both dead.

He would hang out in the house sometimes for hours. Eat their food, etc. Sit in dark rooms so the victims would not know if he's gone, then he'd pop out and continue the process. The mental torture he got off on was sick.

There was an infamous town hall meeting that one of the towns held during the height of all this. One guy stood up and proclaimed "This would never happen where I come from! No man would let his wife get assaulted like this" The guy was from Italy apparently (typical brash Italian lol). Well a few months later, that guy's wife was another victim. Fueling speculation that the killer was present during that meeting.
jeffro503
4/25/2018 7:53pm
I'm sure the " Cop's are bad " gropup will be along any time now and tell us how things are. Even though he was fired from the police 39 years ago.

So glad they caught this dude. He was 72 years old? When was the last crime they connected him too? One sick MF'er!

The Shop

MelonFan123
4/25/2018 9:50pm
last one he's thought to have committed was 1986, murder/rape in Southern California (Irvine).

But now that they have him in custody, who knows what they'll get out of him
Jisola275
4/26/2018 8:37am
I'm too young to remember the horror as it was going on, however I have heard stories of this case from my Grandma. He lived right down the street in the same neighborhood as me for the past 30 years. I will drive by later and post some pictures, yesterday I wasn't able to as it was a bit hectic and I was just trying to get home to load up since I was late for practice.
early
Fantasy
2212th
4/26/2018 9:22am
That's f'd up melonfan
500guy
4/26/2018 12:16pm
I'm more interested in what led to him being a suspect , what a crazy story.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
4/26/2018 6:14pm
500guy wrote:
I'm more interested in what led to him being a suspect , what a crazy story.
Me too. The Patton Oswald tie in seems interestng.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
4/26/2018 6:48pm
It was the weekend before last that I watched the 2 hour documentary on this. I never got to catch the end of it to see if they ever caught the guy. Then last week I saw that it was on again but I didn't have the time to watch it because it was at the beginning. Then the day before they announced this, there was a different show covering it. Kind of ironic. The stories in the documentaries were some of the sickest shit imaginable. The said he even called one victim like 10 years after the rape and threatened her. I would like to see pictures of him when he was younger to see if the crime sketches look remotely close to how he look then.
Jsola275, that is crazy. I couldn't imagine.
MelonFan123
4/26/2018 7:20pm
There was a photo of him that appeared in a story in the local newspaper during his days as a cop, here it is compared to one of the police sketches from a victim’s description.

peelout
4/27/2018 8:54am
JFC.... being born in '83 in Utah, i honestly had never heard about the EAR or ONS (same guy) but holy fuck... i went down a rabbit hole reading last night and am sick to my stomach. what a sick fuck.

reading about his introduction to prowling and rape and how he got better and more efficient at it was seriously unnerving.

my house is about a block from a dirt canal trail that covers a few miles. to read about how he used these kind of trails to access neighborhoods from a ways away is fucking crazy.

i know they won't but i hope they cut his dick off and force feed it to him and then hang him with an old rope.

here's the link to the stories. warning, they are VERY detailed.

EAR Quester Files (all rapes/killings documented)
TXDirt
4/27/2018 9:32am
peelout wrote:
JFC.... being born in '83 in Utah, i honestly had never heard about the EAR or ONS (same guy) but holy fuck... i went down a...
JFC.... being born in '83 in Utah, i honestly had never heard about the EAR or ONS (same guy) but holy fuck... i went down a rabbit hole reading last night and am sick to my stomach. what a sick fuck.

reading about his introduction to prowling and rape and how he got better and more efficient at it was seriously unnerving.

my house is about a block from a dirt canal trail that covers a few miles. to read about how he used these kind of trails to access neighborhoods from a ways away is fucking crazy.

i know they won't but i hope they cut his dick off and force feed it to him and then hang him with an old rope.

here's the link to the stories. warning, they are VERY detailed.

EAR Quester Files (all rapes/killings documented)
That’s the devil walking amongst us.
MelonFan123
4/27/2018 1:37pm
I surfed this morning with my buddy that first told me about this guy and the backstory of the whole case. He's been following it for about 10 years or so and knows it inside and out.

A lot of details are so sick and twisted. I'm sure the link Peelout placed has a lot of the same info, I just looked at it real quick.

It will be interesting to see how LE use of online genealogy services plays out and also was kind of information and insight he provides.
Ebs
4/27/2018 5:11pm
A distant relative of his used one of the DNA/genetics services and then posted their info to some kind of online genetics database. Obviously, a relative of yours is going to have strong DNA similarities. This allowed police to greatly narrow their search, and this guy fit much of the known factors (age, locations, etc).
rongi#401
4/29/2018 11:31pm
He got caught by ancestry DNA hahahahahahahahaha

Post a reply to: East Area Rapist caught

The Latest