ESPN Ultimate Standings 2009

Related:
Create New Tag

7/8/2009 12:21 PM

Results from ESPN's second annual "Ultimate Standings" survey.

Rating criteria

Bang For The Buck (BNG): Wins during the past three years (regular season plus postseason) per revenues directly from fans, adjusted for league schedules.

Fan Relations (FRL): Openness and consideration toward fans by players, coaches and management.

Ownership (OWN): Honesty and loyalty to core players and local community.

Affordability (AFF): Price of tickets, parking and concessions.

Stadium Experience (STX): Quality of arena and game-day promotions as well as friendliness of environment.

Players (PLA): Effort on the field and likability off it.

Coaching (CCH): Strength of on-field leadership.

Title Track (TTR): Championships already won or expected in the lifetime of current fans.

Full standings and article here: http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/teamrankings

Top 15
1. Los Angeles Angels
2. Carolina Hurricanes
3. Pittsburgh Steelers
4. Detroit Red Wings
5. Cleveland Cavaliers
6. Washington Capitals
7. Milwaukee Brewers
8. Pittsburgh Penguins
9. San Antonio Spurs
10. St. Louis Blues
11. Anaheim Ducks
12. New Orleans Hornets
13. Green Bay Packers
14. Indianapolis Colts
15. Tennessee Titans

Bottom 15

108. Atlanta Thrashers
109. Golden State Warriors
110. Milwaukee Bucks
111. New Jersey Nets
112. St. Louis Rams
113. Minnesota Timberwolves
114. Cleveland Browns
115. New York Islanders
116. Oakland Raiders
117. Sacramento Kings
118. Cincinnati Bengals
119. Detroit Lions
120. Toronto Maple Leafs
121. New York Knicks
122. Los Angeles Clippers

|

7/8/2009 12:34 PM

Weird. It's really hard for me to rate between cities but although I can understand why the Rams are so far down the list I can't understand how the Cardinals and Blues aren't opposite of what they should be (Cards placing 26th vs Blues 10th). I would think the Cards would be significantly more bang for the buck than the Blues and although there is a hardcore Blues following it is dwarfed by Cardinal Nation.

|

7/8/2009 3:37 PM

Are cards games pretty affordable? I was suprised to see them down in the 20's. Good team, new stadium, great coaching...

Did you see what tickets are going for the All Star Game?

|

7/8/2009 4:15 PM

Yeah, needless to say I won't be attending the All Star Game. smile The ticket prices are actually a different category (AFF) than bang for buck (BNG). Having said that I can't imagine Blues tickets being cheaper than Cardinals tickets although Cards tickets have jumped up since going into the new stadium. Looks like the cheapest seats right now are $21 and kids prices are cheaper. I remember when I started going to Cards games in the early 90s you could get bleacher seats for 5 bucks if I remember right. Now those are $27. Nosebleeds were like $12-$15 I believe. I'm pretty sure Blues tickets are much higher than that though.

|