Driver Swerves To Intentionally Hit Motorcyclist, Doesn't Care

TDeath21
Edited Date/Time 10/23/2015 9:29am
LINK

What do you guys think? An attempted murder charge would be okay with me.

However, they were passing in a no passing zone, so that changes things.
|
Hut
10/19/2015 9:22am
a lot of stupidity in that whole deal.
Firefly47
10/19/2015 9:34am
TDeath21 wrote:
[url=http://fox4kc.com/2015/10/19/driver-who-swerved-and-hit-a-motorcycle-i-dont-care/]LINK[/url] What do you guys think? An attempted murder charge would be okay with me. However, they were passing in a no passing zone, so that...
LINK

What do you guys think? An attempted murder charge would be okay with me.

However, they were passing in a no passing zone, so that changes things.
No, that doesn't change things. That (passing in a no passing zone) is a misdemeanor traffic citation at most.
That old fuck took the law into his own hands and handed out justice as he saw fit. He deliberately swerved and hit them and could very well have killed them both.
Someone should have shot the motherfucker on the spot. That is Texas, right? Doesn't everyone carry there? Empty a magazine into him and call it a day.
huck
10/19/2015 9:36am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2015 9:37am
The old guy can always say "it's a no passing zone, I didn't expect a motorcycle to be there".

And while I think he is guilty and deserves to be punished, I'm so sick of those fucking idiot sport bike riders that think they can pass anywhere they want...regardless of other people's safety...
Firefly47
10/19/2015 9:43am
huck wrote:
The old guy can always say "it's a no passing zone, I didn't expect a motorcycle to be there". And while I think he is guilty...
The old guy can always say "it's a no passing zone, I didn't expect a motorcycle to be there".

And while I think he is guilty and deserves to be punished, I'm so sick of those fucking idiot sport bike riders that think they can pass anywhere they want...regardless of other people's safety...
To be fair it isn't just sport bike riders. The Harley crowd is just as bad.

The Shop

JW381
10/19/2015 10:07am
huck wrote:
The old guy can always say "it's a no passing zone, I didn't expect a motorcycle to be there". And while I think he is guilty...

Firefly47 wrote:
While I agree with you both about bikers riding like dumb asses on the road, that old guy was a fucking moron. Let em pass, have a fit in the car, and go about your day. Call the cops, I don't care. He's one of those grumpy old fucks that wants to enforce every letter of the law.
huck
10/19/2015 10:40am
huck wrote:

Firefly47 wrote:
JW381 wrote:
While I agree with you both about bikers riding like dumb asses on the road, that old guy was a fucking moron. Let em pass, have...
While I agree with you both about bikers riding like dumb asses on the road, that old guy was a fucking moron. Let em pass, have a fit in the car, and go about your day. Call the cops, I don't care. He's one of those grumpy old fucks that wants to enforce every letter of the law.
To be devils advocate here...

They broke the law and endangered others.
He broke the law and endangered others.

Had they first not broken the law...the chances of him breaking the law would not have been an issue.....
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/19/2015 10:50am
huck wrote:

Has anyone ever told you that you don't have to play devil's advocate in every thread?
Bob693
10/19/2015 10:52am
Do you think the old guy only did that because it was a double line? Otherwise he would have been perfectly fine with the bike passing him? Dude should rot in jail for that shit. That would be like you running over someone in your car because they were jaywalking.
Firefly47
10/19/2015 10:57am
Firefly47 wrote:
JW381 wrote:
While I agree with you both about bikers riding like dumb asses on the road, that old guy was a fucking moron. Let em pass, have...
huck wrote:
To be devils advocate here... They broke the law and endangered others. He broke the law and endangered others. Had they first not broken the law...the...
To be devils advocate here...

They broke the law and endangered others.
He broke the law and endangered others.

Had they first not broken the law...the chances of him breaking the law would not have been an issue.....
Using that line of thinking, if you're speeding on a highway, you'll agree its ok if someone shoots your tires out?
Especially if your kids are in the car with you?
yzthumpa
10/19/2015 10:59am
Hut wrote:
a lot of stupidity in that whole deal.
Yup. The old dude is an asshole (even if he was stung by a wasp), but bikers are just asking for it when they ride in that manner.
71Fish
10/19/2015 11:00am
A minor traffic violation doesn't give someone the right to attempted vehicular manslaughter. If he was so concerned about it, the old man should have taken down their plates and reported it to the police.

Also not pointed out here or on a facebook thread on the same video, the old man also crossed the double yellow line to run into the motorcycle.

peelout
10/19/2015 11:06am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2015 11:08am
damn... that's pretty gnarly

you guys should see how we pass through traffic on the highway on our Baja rides down in Mexico... actually i thank God every time i pass a string of cars that they didn't swerve out and nail us. super sketchy, and while i fucking hate when sport bikes pass me like that in a tight spot, i've done far far worse down in MX...
DPR250R
10/19/2015 11:18am
Old man should be punished. He clearly was trying to prove a point.

Guys on the bikes should get standard traffic tickets... Etc .. Etc...
Shiftfaced
10/19/2015 11:25am
peelout wrote:
damn... that's pretty gnarly you guys should see how we pass through traffic on the highway on our Baja rides down in Mexico... actually i thank...
damn... that's pretty gnarly

you guys should see how we pass through traffic on the highway on our Baja rides down in Mexico... actually i thank God every time i pass a string of cars that they didn't swerve out and nail us. super sketchy, and while i fucking hate when sport bikes pass me like that in a tight spot, i've done far far worse down in MX...
I say that you are 100% OK about what happened down in the Baja, because they don't take it as a personal affront when you try to make a pass.

Took me a while to figure it out, but I noticed that when I came up on a car, and was getting ready to pass, the car in front would throw on the left-hand turn signal.

WHAT?

Are they fixing to make a left-hand turn?

NO! They were trying to tell me that it is OK to pass!

Thanks, amigo!

As for the old man, he needs his head examined. Those bikers were being stupid, but his actions directly put someone on the ground. He had ZERO regard for them.

If he really had been stung by a wasp, he would have climbed out of the car with concern for the motorcyclists, but telling why he swerved. He did not give a rip about them.

The motorcyclist with the helmet cam was FAR MORE rational that I would have been. Maybe because he had the camera on?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
10/19/2015 11:27am
GuyB wrote:
Has anyone ever told you that you don't have to play devil's advocate in every thread?
Has anyone ever told you that you are turning into a real downer,next thing you know you will be this guy.

lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
10/19/2015 11:29am
This works for both the driver of the car and motorcycle. "play stupid games,win stupid prizes"
motoman617
10/19/2015 11:35am
As they say two wrongs don't make a right but that old guy needs his license taken away if he thinks that is justified.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/19/2015 11:46am
lostboy819 wrote:
Has anyone ever told you that you are turning into a real downer,next thing you know you will be this guy. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/10/19/108484/s1200_33616841.jpg[/img]
Has anyone ever told you that you are turning into a real downer,next thing you know you will be this guy.

Has anyone ever told you that you could take the rest of the day off? Maybe you can hang out with Huck.
Cashmore
10/19/2015 11:58am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2015 11:58am
This was right down the road from my house (3miles) on tintop highway. That old man is a prick
TXDirt
10/19/2015 11:59am
It's not the drivers responsibility to enforce traffic laws. He should go straight to jail.

If you later found out that the motorcycle rider was racing down to a hospital to see his sister who had been in a life threatening auto accident then I suspect you all would be fine with motorcycle making some risky passes.

Point being, we don't always know the reasons someone drives the way they do. So don't worry much about it. Just go about your day and mind your own business.

Something I have learned over the years is that no good comes from trying to "teach someone a lesson" about how to drive properly. I use to drive with a bit of road rage and I'm quite thankful I have let most of it go.

Nothing good ever comes of it.
Cashmore
10/19/2015 12:03pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2015 12:04pm
I live outside of the city on some land and these guys like to make passes all day long down the road. I'm honestly surprised it took someone this long to get tired of it. I mean everyday 3-5 times a day wide open. I'm guilty of doing wheelies and blowing the tires off on my vette but that shit caught up to them finally. I'm praying for the only
victim in this situation (the girl)
The guy that got hit is one of 3 people that use this road as a drag strip passing like a complete idiot every chance he gets
motoman617
10/19/2015 12:05pm
TXDirt wrote:
It's not the drivers responsibility to enforce traffic laws. He should go straight to jail. If you later found out that the motorcycle rider was racing...
It's not the drivers responsibility to enforce traffic laws. He should go straight to jail.

If you later found out that the motorcycle rider was racing down to a hospital to see his sister who had been in a life threatening auto accident then I suspect you all would be fine with motorcycle making some risky passes.

Point being, we don't always know the reasons someone drives the way they do. So don't worry much about it. Just go about your day and mind your own business.

Something I have learned over the years is that no good comes from trying to "teach someone a lesson" about how to drive properly. I use to drive with a bit of road rage and I'm quite thankful I have let most of it go.

Very true. We had a guy that worked out of our Houston branch a few years back. He got into it with a guy on his way home from work and was beaten to death with a baseball bat. You do not know what kind of crazy is in that car that just cut you off.
Hut
10/19/2015 12:07pm
Cashmore wrote:
I live outside of the city on some land and these guys like to make passes all day long down the road. I'm honestly surprised it...
I live outside of the city on some land and these guys like to make passes all day long down the road. I'm honestly surprised it took someone this long to get tired of it. I mean everyday 3-5 times a day wide open. I'm guilty of doing wheelies and blowing the tires off on my vette but that shit caught up to them finally. I'm praying for the only
victim in this situation (the girl)
The guy that got hit is one of 3 people that use this road as a drag strip passing like a complete idiot every chance he gets
So he wasn't speeding to perform an emergency life saving surgery on his sister? Huh
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
10/19/2015 12:09pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2015 12:10pm
TXDirt wrote:
It's not the drivers responsibility to enforce traffic laws. He should go straight to jail. If you later found out that the motorcycle rider was racing...

I agree, I don't even honk at people. They are already screwing up and it will just get worse when you startle them with a horn and compound their stupidity as they rubber neck looking around for who honked.
Cashmore
10/19/2015 12:13pm
Hut wrote:
So he wasn't speeding to perform an emergency life saving surgery on his sister? Huh
lol more like to get back to his meth trailer. This guy came around a corner in front of my house the other day side by side with a truck racing it.

The car driver should be charged with AGG Assualt with a deadly weapon. But a first time offender will only get probation and community service. He should NOT be eligible to drive ever again.
Cashmore
10/19/2015 12:26pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2015 12:27pm
Just got word the DA has took case. Judge walton will take care of the driver.
TDeath21
10/19/2015 1:14pm
From the legal side of things, this might be a tough conviction in trial. The driver of the car can always claim he didn't expect anyone passing him there because it was double yellow and that he swerved for some other reason. The video does show the bikers breaking the law too, and even with video evidence, it might be tough to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the old man intentionally saw the motorcycle coming and rammed him.
brlatm
10/19/2015 1:43pm
Cashmore wrote:
This was right down the road from my house (3miles) on tintop highway. That old man is a prick
He was probably from Lipan, and yes that old dude needs a good old fashioned ass whooping for going full blown idiot.
mxman
10/19/2015 2:12pm
Some of the stupidity in this thread is amazing. While there are plenty of dumb ass street riders this isn't one of them. The guy filming caught up to them hence the guy and the car probably weren't hauling ass. The road wasn't exactly full of other cars nor did it appear to be a dangerous time to pass.

The guy in the car was an ass.
10/19/2015 2:26pm
That's a messed up deal. Bikers, especially sport bikers, scare me when they zip in and out of cars.
I swerved to hit a squirrel last week. Missed him by an inch. But that's another story.

Post a reply to: Driver Swerves To Intentionally Hit Motorcyclist, Doesn't Care

The Latest