Drag Racing Spectator Question

PNWMXer
Hello all,
After many years of being a fan via TV, the stars aligned and I’m free this weekend to attend an NHRA event. That said, where would be the best seats? One one hand, I’d think the starting line area would be best, but it might be cool to see them at the top end as well?

Hoping some folks here have been and can give any help for a first timer. Yes, I’ll bring headphones, lol.
|
Jeremy A.K.
7/26/2022 7:40pm
Up high in the middle . I prefer down wind so I get a whiff of the good stuff and maybe even some watery eyes.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
7/26/2022 8:10pm
PNWMXer wrote:
Hello all, After many years of being a fan via TV, the stars aligned and I’m free this weekend to attend an NHRA event. That said...
Hello all,
After many years of being a fan via TV, the stars aligned and I’m free this weekend to attend an NHRA event. That said, where would be the best seats? One one hand, I’d think the starting line area would be best, but it might be cool to see them at the top end as well?

Hoping some folks here have been and can give any help for a first timer. Yes, I’ll bring headphones, lol.
Either the start area, or 3/4 the way down the strip. Near the start you get that explosion feeling in your e when they leave the line, 3/4 track when they are wide open for the sense of speed.

Nothing on earth compares to the sound/feeling two nitro cars at full tilt make.
SEEMEFIRST
7/26/2022 8:13pm
You gotta watch them launch as close as you can get.
You can get seats in the middle for the end of the day, but you absolutely need to be as close as you can for some launches.

The Shop

motoman617
7/26/2022 11:31pm
We go to Pomona every time the NHRA is there. We just get general admission and try and sit at different places and get to see launch and then see them at top speed. Make sure to head down to the pits and watch the tear downs and experience a few start ups up close. Have fun!
ohiomotoxer
7/27/2022 1:56am
There used to be the top eliminator club, I think its now the nitro club at some events. Some perks like standing on the line between the fuel cars, private pottys, open bar, driver meets etc. google it.
scootch
7/27/2022 11:51am
Your tickets should be general admission right? Move around and watch from different spots. I like watching a few standing below the grandstands on the rail as close as you can get. Can't describe the sound and feeling you get being that close! Then I generally go to the very top of the grandstands so I can take a look at the staging lanes to see what's coming up next and also see a birds eye view of the pits. Of course the layout could be different at the track you'll be at but this works pretty well at Ennis.

Also, if there is a night qualifying session you gotta try and make it! Nothing like 6ft headers flames at night Cool

Enjoy it man!
CR-Dude4
8/24/2022 5:00pm
Get close to the start line, The burnouts are hellatious. LOL! Earphones are mandatory, hell wear two pair. Race fuel smells great!

Post a reply to: Drag Racing Spectator Question

The Latest