Don't Now if This Has Been Posted...

flarider
8/20/2010 1:05pm
Damn good post.
WhKnuckle wrote:
That Islamic group has been in that location since the early 70s. Do you think they moved in there 30 years ahead of time just so...
That Islamic group has been in that location since the early 70s. Do you think they moved in there 30 years ahead of time just so they could screw with the future 911 victims?
Crash82 wrote:
They were in a coat factory?
Burlington Coat Factory is a store (not to be confused with Burlington Industries)
motogeezer
8/20/2010 1:20pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
That Islamic group has been in that location since the early 70s. Do you think they moved in there 30 years ahead of time just so...
That Islamic group has been in that location since the early 70s. Do you think they moved in there 30 years ahead of time just so they could screw with the future 911 victims?
Crash82 wrote:
They were in a coat factory?
flarider wrote:
Burlington Coat Factory is a store (not to be confused with Burlington Industries)
They weren't in the Burlington Coat Factory.

That's where they plan to build their community center.

It's burned-out and vacant.
WhKnuckle
8/20/2010 3:19pm
You know, people think they have a right to be able to keep a Muslim community center out because they don't like Muslims, it's inappropriate and it makes them uncomfortable. Well, I was eating lunch earlier this week and the guy sitting a few seats down from me was carrying a gun - and anyone who thinks he has to carry a gun around with him is, without exception, a paranoid pencil-dick with delusions of heroism that makes him dangerous to everyone around him. I thought to myself that I should have a right to eat lunch without having to be around a lunatic like that - but the fact is, the guy probably has a permit to be carry it. So, being uncomfortable around the guy is the price I pay for living in a free society that has laws that define people's rights. I didn't like him, I thought he was doing something inappropriate and I was uncomfortable eating lunch in a place that had people like him in there, but the bottom line is, if he's not breaking the law, my option is to look the other way or go find another place to eat. I personally think this Imam shouldn't build an Islamic community center two blocks from Ground Zero, but if his congregation owns the property, they have the proper building permits and they can afford it, allowing them to do it is the price we pay for living in a free society.

The Shop

motogeezer
8/20/2010 3:25pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
You know, people think they have a right to be able to keep a Muslim community center out because they don't like Muslims, it's inappropriate and...
You know, people think they have a right to be able to keep a Muslim community center out because they don't like Muslims, it's inappropriate and it makes them uncomfortable. Well, I was eating lunch earlier this week and the guy sitting a few seats down from me was carrying a gun - and anyone who thinks he has to carry a gun around with him is, without exception, a paranoid pencil-dick with delusions of heroism that makes him dangerous to everyone around him. I thought to myself that I should have a right to eat lunch without having to be around a lunatic like that - but the fact is, the guy probably has a permit to be carry it. So, being uncomfortable around the guy is the price I pay for living in a free society that has laws that define people's rights. I didn't like him, I thought he was doing something inappropriate and I was uncomfortable eating lunch in a place that had people like him in there, but the bottom line is, if he's not breaking the law, my option is to look the other way or go find another place to eat. I personally think this Imam shouldn't build an Islamic community center two blocks from Ground Zero, but if his congregation owns the property, they have the proper building permits and they can afford it, allowing them to do it is the price we pay for living in a free society.
Did I already give you a "Bravo" in this thread?

Have another.

Bravo!
8/20/2010 4:36pm
flarider wrote:
and for that reason it may be insensitive to expand/build a new Islamic Community Center near that location, but not illegal. I do find some humor...
and for that reason it may be insensitive to expand/build a new Islamic Community Center near that location, but not illegal.

I do find some humor and hypocrisy in all of this due to the fact that the very people who cry that the world has become too PC and too sensitive are the very people worried about being PC and the sensitivities of people in regards to this situation.

I have stated all along that the government has no say in the matter. I do however feel the people who live in the area should be able to block its construction.
flarider
8/20/2010 4:45pm
I have stated all along that the government has no say in the matter. I do however feel the people who live in the area should...
I have stated all along that the government has no say in the matter. I do however feel the people who live in the area should be able to block its construction.
How?
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
8/20/2010 4:46pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
You know, people think they have a right to be able to keep a Muslim community center out because they don't like Muslims, it's inappropriate and...
Did your dumb ass miss the part where no one has said they don't have a right to build there? That's very important here, it's not about rights it's about common sense courtesy. It's about a group of folks claiming to want to get along then spitting in peoples faces. Weird you calling him paranoid, yet you were the one frisking him your eyeballs, maybe he was a cop? Did you get up and call him a pencil dick to his face? No, you came on a message board and dogged him out you damn wuss. You damn sure had a right to get up and leave, but the families of the 3000 that died can't move the final resting place of their loved ones. Delusions of heroism? You make up dumb shit like that about someone you don't know and then have the nerve to call the them paranoid.
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
8/20/2010 4:48pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2010 4:50pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
motogeezer wrote:
Did I already give you a "Bravo" in this thread?

Have another.

Bravo!
Sounds like you're giving him more than a bravo....
8/20/2010 5:02pm
flarider wrote:
How?
Pass an ordinance against basketball courts. That's what the fuckers are saying this thing is right?
flarider
8/20/2010 5:04pm
flarider wrote:
How?
Pass an ordinance against basketball courts. That's what the fuckers are saying this thing is right?
That is only one of many planned amenities

WhKnuckle
8/20/2010 5:04pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Crash82 wrote:
Did your dumb ass miss the part where no one has said they don't have a right to build there? That's very important here, it's not...
Did your dumb ass miss the part where no one has said they don't have a right to build there? That's very important here, it's not about rights it's about common sense courtesy. It's about a group of folks claiming to want to get along then spitting in peoples faces. Weird you calling him paranoid, yet you were the one frisking him your eyeballs, maybe he was a cop? Did you get up and call him a pencil dick to his face? No, you came on a message board and dogged him out you damn wuss. You damn sure had a right to get up and leave, but the families of the 3000 that died can't move the final resting place of their loved ones. Delusions of heroism? You make up dumb shit like that about someone you don't know and then have the nerve to call the them paranoid.
It's about common sense and courtesy for someone to refrain from carrying guns into public restaraunts, too. And no, he wasn't a cop, he was a punk wearing a tee shirt driving a pickup truck. Here in Texas, that happens quite a bit.

As far as you taking such exception to my description, I did that specifically to show you what you look like when you hate other people because they're Muslim, or Bhuddist, or Jewish or Mexican or Black or whatever group you decide to hate next. I laid it on extra thick just to pull your trigger. Thanks for reacting just like I thought you would.

As far as your concern about the 3000 who died on 911, how many times have you picketed to get a memorial built on the Ground Zero site? If you don't care enough about the site itself to raise hell about that, why is it that this location two blocks away is such an issue with you? Because it involves people who are a race that you hate. You don't give the first shit about 911, you care about finding an excuse to hate someone. A white Republican could walk over to that hole in the ground and piss on it and you wouldn't care.
8/20/2010 5:20pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2010 5:20pm
Wow, so just because people object to this particular "cultural center" that it spells out hate.

Wow.
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
8/20/2010 5:29pm
You don't know shit about me, you posted a bunch of dumb shit that didn't make sense and i called you on it, now I'm supposed to be up in New York picketing for a memorial or I don't care? If I did have the money or the time to go to New York what do you want my picket sign to say? BUILD THE MEMORIAL NOW! Just more dumb shit from a dumb ass. I work with Muslims and they feel the same about this as I do, I guess we could sit here all day and i could answer dumb shit you make up about me or I could call you a dumb fuck. I prefer to do the second one, ya dumb fuck.
motogeezer
8/20/2010 5:48pm
Crash82 wrote:
You don't know shit about me, you posted a bunch of dumb shit that didn't make sense and i called you on it, now I'm supposed...
You don't know shit about me, you posted a bunch of dumb shit that didn't make sense and i called you on it, now I'm supposed to be up in New York picketing for a memorial or I don't care? If I did have the money or the time to go to New York what do you want my picket sign to say? BUILD THE MEMORIAL NOW! Just more dumb shit from a dumb ass. I work with Muslims and they feel the same about this as I do, I guess we could sit here all day and i could answer dumb shit you make up about me or I could call you a dumb fuck. I prefer to do the second one, ya dumb fuck.
"I work with Muslims and they feel the same about this as I do"

Maybe they just agree with you because they're afraid that if they don't, you'll snap and assault them.

I'll bet they sigh with relief when you leave the room.
WhKnuckle
8/20/2010 5:59pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2010 5:59pm
Crash82 wrote:
You don't know shit about me, you posted a bunch of dumb shit that didn't make sense and i called you on it, now I'm supposed...
You're living proof that when hatred moves into someone's brain, rational thought moves out. Thanks for proving my point.
Titan1
8/20/2010 6:51pm
I believe that it is stupid and wrong for people to choose to not wear seatbelts. But at the same time, I want the government to give them the freedom to make a stupid choice.

On that same line of thinking, I think it's in incredbly poor taste, and even wrong for the muslims to choose to put this "cultural center" there, but at the same time I want the government to allow them the freedom to make a stupid choice.

I say let them do it. I'm tired of the government trying to force us to do stuff.
motogeezer
8/20/2010 11:05pm
Titan1 wrote:
I believe that it is stupid and wrong for people to choose to not wear seatbelts. But at the same time, I want the government to...
I believe that it is stupid and wrong for people to choose to not wear seatbelts. But at the same time, I want the government to give them the freedom to make a stupid choice.

On that same line of thinking, I think it's in incredbly poor taste, and even wrong for the muslims to choose to put this "cultural center" there, but at the same time I want the government to allow them the freedom to make a stupid choice.

I say let them do it. I'm tired of the government trying to force us to do stuff.
I see your point.

The problem I have with the way you stated it is that it appears that you believe that bad things will befall them for making a stupid choice, and you don't seem to have problem with that.

A lot of bad things have happened to the LDS because of misunderstanding and bad choices of the elders.

Did the U.S. government try to wipe you guys out in recent history, or am I mistaken?

To this day, you're not allowed to practice your religion the way that your original doctrine said you should.

Is that okay with you?
FlaNard
8/21/2010 1:26am
borg wrote:
I also agree. Olbermann is basically debating Sean Hannity. Who could possibly care what these two shrieking fucktards have to say about anything?
8/21/2010 9:05am
motogeezer wrote:
I see your point. The problem I have with the way you stated it is that it appears that you believe that bad things will befall...
I see your point.

The problem I have with the way you stated it is that it appears that you believe that bad things will befall them for making a stupid choice, and you don't seem to have problem with that.

A lot of bad things have happened to the LDS because of misunderstanding and bad choices of the elders.

Did the U.S. government try to wipe you guys out in recent history, or am I mistaken?

To this day, you're not allowed to practice your religion the way that your original doctrine said you should.

Is that okay with you?
The government is trying to wipe the Muslims out?

Our laws will alway trump a few religious beliefs. Sharia law for instance.

I wish the polygamists' had as many fundamentalist as the gays do. I wouldn't mind having a few milfs running around the house. Hahahahahaha
motogeezer
8/21/2010 11:07am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2010 11:10am
^^Never mind.

I misread your post.

Sign me up for some of those MILFs, though!

BTW, I never said the government was trying to wipe the Muslims out. At least not in this country. Yet...
kdx man
8/21/2010 11:33am
There is some crazy hate action going on here. And I realize that no matter how much sense and logic you talk to some folks, some just will never get over the hate they have ingrained in their brains for anything other than a "christian."

Cool picture you posted crash. Reminds me of the family and friends I lost that day. Funny thing about me though - I dont hate anybody because of it.
Kinetic1
8/23/2010 4:36am
I don't see a problem with this. It's two blocks away. I don't care if they want to build an actual Mosque there. If it was across the street or on the site itself I could see an issue but IT"S TWO BLOCKS AWAY. As a Christian I think the Muslim religion is wrong. As a Christian I think Sharia Law is evil and horrible. Heck as a human I think it's evil and wrong. But as an American who believes in my country and it's Constitution I just don't see how or why anyone would have a problem with this. It says "freedom OF religion" not freedom FROM religion. It doesn't really matter what religion it is as long as it/they are not breaking the other laws of this country. The minute Muslims start imposing Sharia Law in this country then we have a problem but until that happens leave them alone.
flarider
8/26/2010 8:30am
Kinetic1 wrote:
I don't see a problem with this. It's two blocks away. I don't care if they want to build an actual Mosque there. If it was...
I don't see a problem with this. It's two blocks away. I don't care if they want to build an actual Mosque there. If it was across the street or on the site itself I could see an issue but IT"S TWO BLOCKS AWAY. As a Christian I think the Muslim religion is wrong. As a Christian I think Sharia Law is evil and horrible. Heck as a human I think it's evil and wrong. But as an American who believes in my country and it's Constitution I just don't see how or why anyone would have a problem with this. It says "freedom OF religion" not freedom FROM religion. It doesn't really matter what religion it is as long as it/they are not breaking the other laws of this country. The minute Muslims start imposing Sharia Law in this country then we have a problem but until that happens leave them alone.
Winner!!

Let's also not forget there are two Christian Churches within closer proximity, with one, it is directly across the street, St Paul's Chapel where George Washington went to after being sworn in as our first President and another large Catholic Cathedral on Wall Street
Sonny
8/26/2010 6:11pm
Most of you couldn't possibly understand what we who have lost feel about this issue. Either way, flame on with your great inaccuracies.
jmar
8/26/2010 6:24pm
Sonny wrote:
Most of you couldn't possibly understand what we who have lost feel about this issue. Either way, flame on with your great inaccuracies.
I don't see the big deal either. I think the news organizations are playing it for all it's worth to those who gobble up this type of shit.

If I had my way, they would have built the buildings back here in OKC, rather than turn the place into a memorial.

That memorial is what McVeigh was looking for.

Post a reply to: Don't Now if This Has Been Posted...

The Latest