Don't Now if This Has Been Posted...

motogeezer
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 12:04pm
Any thinking human being should watch this.

Olberman on the "Ground Zero Mosque":

|
huck
8/18/2010 11:01am
Keith Olbermann is a douche. Always has been....
motogeezer
8/18/2010 11:10am
huck wrote:
I guess you just hate everyone who isn't a Christian-church-going Republican, huh?

He's pointing out something that Dave and I have said multiple times when the subject has come up in here, but fell on deaf ears.

I just wanted the haters to have a little insight.

Did you even watch the video?

Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
8/18/2010 11:23am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2010 6:00pm
huck wrote:
motogeezer wrote:
I guess you just hate everyone who isn't a Christian-church-going Republican, huh? He's pointing out something that Dave and I have said multiple times when the...
I guess you just hate everyone who isn't a Christian-church-going Republican, huh?

He's pointing out something that Dave and I have said multiple times when the subject has come up in here, but fell on deaf ears.

huck
8/18/2010 11:25am
huck wrote:
motogeezer wrote:
I guess you just hate everyone who isn't a Christian-church-going Republican, huh? He's pointing out something that Dave and I have said multiple times when the...

I don't go to church...and I have VERY few people on this earth.

Yes, I watched the video. It's Keith grandstanding and promoting "fear". Isn't that what "your type" is so strongly against?

The Shop

motogeezer
8/18/2010 11:30am
He's not promoting fear. That's the right-winger's jobs.

NFM.

I give up.

Go on believing everything you find in your e-mail inbox.
Larry
8/18/2010 11:40am
huck wrote:
I don't go to church...and I have VERY few people on this earth. Yes, I watched the video. It's Keith grandstanding and promoting "fear". Isn't that...
I don't go to church...and I have VERY few people on this earth.

Yes, I watched the video. It's Keith grandstanding and promoting "fear". Isn't that what "your type" is so strongly against?

I thought you were going on vacation?
motogeezer
8/18/2010 11:47am
Why would anyone believe a "douche bag"?

Better learn to goose-step, if you want to fit in around here.
huck
8/18/2010 12:00pm
motogeezer wrote:
He's not promoting fear. That's the right-winger's jobs.

NFM.

I give up.

Go on believing everything you find in your e-mail inbox.
Any junk emails are send to a spam folder and discarded... but hey, keep believing people are the way you make them up in your mind... Stereotyping is so cool!!!
jonjon714
8/18/2010 12:24pm
Another Moderate Muslim Finds Voice on Cordoba House

Are moderate Muslims finally, after all these years of silence, finally finding their voice?

There is evidence to believe that, since we are hearing more and more Muslims speak out against the Ground Zero Victory Mosque proposed for the site of the former World Trade Towers wiped out in the Islamic terrorist attacks of 911.

We’ve heard from Raheel Raza who is against it, and yesterday from Abdul Rahman Al-Rashid. Today the Daily Caller says Stephen Schwartz, executive director of the Center for Islamic Pluralism, is speaking out against it.

Stephen Schwartz, executive director of the Center for Islamic Pluralism, told The Daily Caller that despite their relative silence on the issue, many Muslims question the placement of the mosque.

“This is not a humble Islamic statement. A mosque such as this is actually a political structure that casts a shadow over a cemetery, over hallowed ground. 9/11 was the beginning of a kinetic war, it is not an opportunity for cultural exchange. It was the beginning of a conflict with those who want to destroy our way of life,” Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, president and founder of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, told The Daily Caller.

“I am in no way looking to infringe on First Amendment issues. I approach this as a Muslim that is dedicated to reform,” he said.

The article also quotes Tarek Fatah, founder of the Muslim Canadian Congress, who has an idea why this project is proceeding despite all common sense.

Fatah believes the mosque plans are moving forward because they have the support of the American government. “I think they have an official green light either from the State Department or the White House telling them to, ‘Go ahead, you have our full backing,’ and they want to use this Islamic center as a place for diplomacy to the Middle East to demonstrate that the United States is a place where Muslims thrive. But that has backfired because this could have been done in many other ways.”

Jasser said that the building of this mosque is ‘fitna,’ a religious term meaning mischief-making, which is severely frowned upon in Islam. “‘Fitna’ is anything that causes chaos in society,” he said. “This mosque is causing chaos, it is causing ‘fitna’ and that is not the Islamic thing to do … This is ‘fitna’ and ‘fitna’ is wrong.”

I have no doubt the Ground Zero Victory Mosque has the support of the American government, with President Barack Obama at the head. After all, President Obama declared his support for the mosque last Friday at a Muslim event at the White House…before he was excoriated for that support.

Muslims have other reasons to feel they have the support of the U.S. government in advancing their agenda. Remember the NASA initiative to include Muslims and make them feel good about themselves? Remember the president’s appointment of a Supreme Court justice who is more favorable to Sharia Law than to the military of her own nation? Remember the special treatment Islam has received from the White House while our Christian heritage has been left out in the cold? Remember how rudely Obama treated Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House? Remember Obama’s association with Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan? Remember the reports that Muslims were being recruited to work in the White House? Remember that Barack Obama was educated in Islam in Indonesia? Remember that President Obama’s counterterrorism advisor John Brennan believes jihad is a legitimate tenet of Islam? Remember the report that Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit said on Nile TV that President Obama told him he is a Muslim? Remember that Barack Obama’s half-brother was surprised to hear that Barack was not a Muslim?

Yes, there is more than a little reason for Muslim extremists to believe they have the run of the roost in America these days–at least from official channels.

For whatever reason, it is good to finally see some Muslims speaking out against hostile acts being perpetrated by their fellow Muslims. And make no mistake: while the proposed construction of the Ground Zero Victory Mosque is not an act of violence, it is definitely a hostile act, and act of animosity and contempt against the American people and the nearly 3,000 Americans who died on September 11, 2001.

Maybe the Muslims behind the Ground Zero Victory Mosque miscalculated. Maybe they thought that since Americans elected Barack Obama in 2008, we were all now Eurosheep who, like people in Europe, would stand mutely by while Islam was allowed to dominate our land. Maybe they counted on Americans to submissively allow this deliberate insult, this deliberate smear of salt in the wound of 911, to go forward without protest.

To quote Ronald Reagan, “They counted wrong.”

http://www.dakotavoice.com/2010/08/another-moderate-muslim-finds-voice-…
flarider
8/18/2010 12:40pm
Ground Zero Victory Mosque?

What victory?
jonjon714
8/18/2010 12:47pm
Victory Mosque or Cultural Ctr?

I'm sure that the proposed site to build a mosque/cultural center near the site of the 9/11 tragedy is on many minds these days. The Koran apparently promotes the building of a mosque at the site of a Muslim victory over an "infidel" enemy. There are over a hundred mosques already in use by 800,000 Muslims in New York city alone. Is the proposed mosque/cultural center what the Muslim Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf cites as the purpose of being an avenue to bridge the gap relationally between Muslims and non-Muslims, or is it a symbol of a victory over America?

Personally, I have no problem with it, considering it's two blocks away from "Ground Zero". In addition, the "mosque" is a smaller version than normal as the cultural center is considered the main objective of the building. Also, as I've already stated, there are a hundred mosques already built and in use in New York City, so one could assume that another one is a meaningless symbol at worst of the devastation of 9/11.

As far as the surviving family members of 9/11, there are both those against and those for the proposed mosque/cultural center. If those who support the construction of the building don't see it as any kind of commemorative symbol or even a reminder concerning 9/11, and do see it as the basic Constitutional right of "freedom of religion", why should we oppose it. Do we understand the impact regarding the Constitution if Muslims were not permitted to construct this religious building? Any comments regarding this issue are welcome.

http://www.mountainhomenews.com/blogs/1527/entry/36628/

I'm on board with what the author of this piece has written here...

Void Main
8/18/2010 12:57pm
While I generally can't stand Olbermann I don't have much of a problem with that rant.
plowboy
8/18/2010 1:46pm
New Yorkers: Opinionated, brash, wildly varied in backgrounds...but speaking from my experience...some of the most fervent and devoted patriots in this country. They will bitch about the mosque but they will allow it because foremost they believe in "Live and let live". But be forewarned...if this even hints at being anything more than a peaceful religious endeavor the citizens of NYC will unleash the unquenchable fury of our nations anquish upon the deceivers.
Grendel
8/18/2010 5:18pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2010 5:35pm
I don't watch Olbermann but he's just treating the issue with same ferocious consideration that the FOX folks have been hammering it down with lately.

What a fucking non-issue this is.
8/18/2010 5:25pm Edited Date/Time 8/18/2010 5:26pm
Grendel wrote:
I don't watch Olbermann but he's just treating the issue with same ferocious consideration that the FOX folks have been hammering it down with lately. What...
I don't watch Olbermann but he's just treating the issue with same ferocious consideration that the FOX folks have been hammering it down with lately.

That "Cultural Center" is an issue for the a lot of folks. Those Muslim douche bags need to apologize for being insensitive, and take the Governor up on the offer to move that shit out of the area.
Void Main
8/18/2010 5:33pm
Grendel wrote:
I don't watch Olbermann but he's just treating the issue with same ferocious consideration that the FOX folks have been hammering it down with lately. What...

Shit, as much as I hate to do it I have to agree with you.
Grendel
8/18/2010 5:34pm
A lot of folks with nothing better to whine about.
borg
8/18/2010 6:50pm
I also agree. Olbermann is basically debating Sean Hannity. Who could possibly care what these two shrieking fucktards have to say about anything?
Camp332
8/18/2010 7:28pm
Grendel wrote:
A lot of folks with nothing better to whine about.
Ignorant.

jmar
8/18/2010 7:39pm
borg wrote:
I also agree. Olbermann is basically debating Sean Hannity. Who could possibly care what these two shrieking fucktards have to say about anything?
I agree

Both are party hacks.
motogeezer
8/18/2010 7:48pm
You guys all missed the point.

Especially jonjon with the Quaalude number, who definitely believes everything that shows up in his inbox.

8/18/2010 8:16pm
motogeezer wrote:
You guys all missed the point.

Especially jonjon with the Quaalude number, who definitely believes everything that shows up in his inbox.

The point where they go for the Muslims first then come for us.
WhKnuckle
8/19/2010 7:49pm
This whole thing is so stupid. They have the right to build on their property, just like the Catholic or Baptist churches would; but it's probably not the best decision on their part if they do.

Having the right to do something doesn't imply that it's the right thing to do. It seems to me that this is the central concept in a free society, isn't it? So why is it necessary to even talk about it?
WhKnuckle
8/19/2010 7:56pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2010 8:02pm
By the way, this has nothing to do with the hallowed 911 ground. None of these blowhards screaming about this seem to care that 9 years after the fact, there's still no memorial there. We built the first transcontinental railroad in 6 years; but the WTC site has been nothing but a hole in the ground until just recently, and it's still years away from actually getting something built. They should have just left the hole in the ground, because it's a perfect memorial for the we-can't-do-it, we-can't-decide, we-won't-pay America that exists today. The finest sculptor in the world couldn't find a better way to memorialize America's inabliity to make a decision and do something.

Hell, Yoko Ono built a World Peace memorial in Iceland in only one year and did it all with private money.

If people thought the WTC site is hallowed ground, they'd be picketing government every day about their inability to build a damn memorial. The fact that they never even mention it tells you all you need to know about how they really feel. They don't give a rat's ass about the site itself, much less something two blocks away.

Post a reply to: Don't Now if This Has Been Posted...

The Latest