Don’t want to derail the “other” gun topics even further.....

APLMAN99
Edited Date/Time 8/17/2019 6:06am
But this is an odd situation. Missouri is an open carry state so should the firefighter be charged or do we end up with shootouts between folks over things like this?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/armed-man-arrested-at-missouri-walmart-polic…
|
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
8/9/2019 12:29pm
That is weird. It will be interesting to see what the armed guy will be charged with. He didn't open fire, and assuming he didn't break any laws regarding what kind of weapon he was carrying or the number of rounds of ammunition, he may walk away scot-free. It doesn't sound like he threatened anyone except by being there with a gun.
APLMAN99
8/9/2019 12:35pm
Falcon wrote:
That is weird. It will be interesting to see what the armed guy will be charged with. He didn't open fire, and assuming he didn't break...
That is weird. It will be interesting to see what the armed guy will be charged with. He didn't open fire, and assuming he didn't break any laws regarding what kind of weapon he was carrying or the number of rounds of ammunition, he may walk away scot-free. It doesn't sound like he threatened anyone except by being there with a gun.
Which armed guy?

😎
SEEMEFIRST
8/9/2019 1:29pm
I thought about that as I heard the story.

Actually the ex-firefighter could be charged with brandishing, and unlawful confinement for holding the guy at gunpoint who hadn't broken any laws at that point.
RONJ OSE
8/9/2019 1:36pm
Doesn’t Walmart have a no gun rule?
That’s how ours.

The Shop

Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
8/9/2019 1:41pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
I thought about that as I heard the story. Actually the ex-firefighter could be charged with brandishing, and unlawful confinement for holding the guy at gunpoint...

Actually the ex-firefighter could be charged with brandishing, and unlawful confinement for holding the guy at gunpoint who hadn't broken any laws at that point.
You typically don't go to Walmart in body armor with a weapon and a 100 rounds. No prosecutor in this country would charge the firefighter for a reasonable mistake made in the defense of others....
KMC440
8/9/2019 2:02pm
Did all of you gloss over this?!?
"...led a store manager to pull the fire alarm and sent customers fleeing..."

Are all of you getting soft as fuck ? Seems to me the manager was at that time being ordered to do something against his will by an assailant !!!

Yet everyone's ok with a kindergartener being arrested for having a green toy soldier in his pocket?!?

Yeah I know two different situations completely but it's getting out of hand these wanna be sick fucks to see their names in the news. Kill them all then this shit will stop.
Gworm
8/9/2019 2:26pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 3:16pm
I didn’t take that that he physically led him and forced him to pull the alarm.I took it at that the manager seeing him led him to make the decision to pull the alarm.

I am curious too, what they will charge him with. But I am totally convinced that he had planned to shoot the place up, and that the store manager pulling the alarm messed up his plan.
motogrady
8/9/2019 3:02pm
Well, you can't yell FIRE in a crowded movie theature.

And if you even mention a bomb, or hijacking in a
big airport terminal, even as a joke, you're gonna get searched and interrogated for hours.

I dunno. With like 4000 laws out there it seems there should be something. Malicious mischief,
something.

But hey, the Ruby Ridge thing, those guys were
openly carrying rifles.

I know that smart ass needs one thing, and that's the snot beat out of him.
APLMAN99
8/9/2019 4:11pm
KMC440 wrote:
Did all of you gloss over this?!? "...led a store manager to pull the fire alarm and sent customers fleeing..." Are all of you getting soft...

Are all of you getting soft as fuck ? Seems to me the manager was at that time being ordered to do something against his will by an assailant !!!

Yet everyone's ok with a kindergartener being arrested for having a green toy soldier in his pocket?!?

Yeah I know two different situations completely but it's getting out of hand these wanna be sick fucks to see their names in the news. Kill them all then this shit will stop.
You are reading it wrong. He "led" him to do it, not "lead" him to do it.

Me seeing a new guy leaving my neighbor's house each morning at 6AM while he was working the night shift "led" me to alert him of that happening...…...
APLMAN99
8/9/2019 4:16pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
I thought about that as I heard the story. Actually the ex-firefighter could be charged with brandishing, and unlawful confinement for holding the guy at gunpoint...

You typically don't go to Walmart in body armor with a weapon and a 100 rounds. No prosecutor in this country would charge the firefighter for...
You typically don't go to Walmart in body armor with a weapon and a 100 rounds. No prosecutor in this country would charge the firefighter for a reasonable mistake made in the defense of others....
What is reasonable? MO is an open carry state, so if I see someone walking down the sidewalk with a rifle do I have the right to draw a weapon on him? If he doesn't obey my "order" to stop, would it be reasonable for me to use force to stop him?

If the prosecutor wouldn't charge this man for drawing his weapon on this guy (assuming that the other guy was simply carrying and not actually threatening anyone) what would it take to bring charges? Would/should the firefighter's occupation make a difference?

This is a crazy situation, but it's one of those extremes that makes you wonder what happens if everyone carries, everyone draws their own inferences on what is a threat, etc.
APLMAN99
8/9/2019 4:22pm
Gworm wrote:
I didn’t take that that he physically led him and forced him to pull the alarm.I took it at that the manager seeing him led him...
I didn’t take that that he physically led him and forced him to pull the alarm.I took it at that the manager seeing him led him to make the decision to pull the alarm.

I am curious too, what they will charge him with. But I am totally convinced that he had planned to shoot the place up, and that the store manager pulling the alarm messed up his plan.
Doubtful, or he would have started opening up on everyone fleeing for the exits. That would have been like fish in a barrel.

More likely he's one of those "auditors" that they like to call themselves....

Gworm
8/9/2019 4:39pm
Gworm wrote:
I didn’t take that that he physically led him and forced him to pull the alarm.I took it at that the manager seeing him led him...

APLMAN99 wrote:
Doubtful, or he would have started opening up on everyone fleeing for the exits. That would have been like fish in a barrel. More likely he's...
Doubtful, or he would have started opening up on everyone fleeing for the exits. That would have been like fish in a barrel.

I thought about that, too. But they are reporting he fled through an emergency exit and was stopped right outside by the fireman. He may have been thinking about shooting from out there.

If he was just “auditing” them, why have them loaded and have 100 rounds with you!

It would be a lot easier to explain to the cops with no ammo.

APLMAN99
8/9/2019 5:11pm
Gworm wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
Doubtful, or he would have started opening up on everyone fleeing for the exits. That would have been like fish in a barrel. More likely he's...

Gworm wrote:
I thought about that, too. But they are reporting he fled through an emergency exit and was stopped right outside by the fireman. He may have...
I thought about that, too. But they are reporting he fled through an emergency exit and was stopped right outside by the fireman. He may have been thinking about shooting from out there.

If he was just “auditing” them, why have them loaded and have 100 rounds with you!

It would be a lot easier to explain to the cops with no ammo.

He fled like everyone else did. Why would you carry without ammo? MO's open carry law doesn't say that you can only carry an unloaded weapon, so explaining to the cops shouldn't even be an issue.

That's the whole MO of these "auditors". They press to the very edge of the envelope, but by a strict reading of the laws they are usually technically correct, but socially they are shitheads......
Gworm
8/9/2019 5:35pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
He fled like everyone else did. Why would you carry without ammo? MO's open carry law doesn't say that you can only carry an unloaded weapon...
He fled like everyone else did. Why would you carry without ammo? MO's open carry law doesn't say that you can only carry an unloaded weapon, so explaining to the cops shouldn't even be an issue.

That's the whole MO of these "auditors". They press to the very edge of the envelope, but by a strict reading of the laws they are usually technically correct, but socially they are shitheads......
I’m still not convinced he wasn’t going to shoot, but who knows.
You’re probably right. But doing an audit like that would be extra dumb this week, in a Walmart, wearing body armour. But we already know he’s not too bright.
Gworm
8/9/2019 8:05pm
Well it appears I was wrong, again. They announced his motive was to test the Second amendment.

What a stupid thing to do right now.
early
Fantasy
2212th
8/9/2019 8:53pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 11:03pm
Gworm wrote:
Well it appears I was wrong, again. They announced his motive was to test the Second amendment.

What a stupid thing to do right now.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
8/9/2019 10:52pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2019 10:56pm
i know everyone else in the world sees this as fucked up,
but serious question, what do American's think of this sort of this sort of deliberate provocation of people in the days after a mass shooting, someone's constitutional right? or just being a fuck wit?
APLMAN99
8/10/2019 5:22am
scott_nz wrote:
i know everyone else in the world sees this as fucked up, but serious question, what do American's think of this sort of this sort of...
but serious question, what do American's think of this sort of this sort of deliberate provocation of people in the days after a mass shooting, someone's constitutional right? or just being a fuck wit?
Nearly everyone I know thinks that it's a phucking idiotic thing to do and almost no one would think of doing something so stupid.

But technically what the guy was doing is perfectly legal.

He's obviously an attention whore, but in reality the firefighter sounds like he was the aggressor here.

ns503
8/10/2019 6:22am
KMC440 wrote:
Did all of you gloss over this?!? "...led a store manager to pull the fire alarm and sent customers fleeing..." Are all of you getting soft...

Sounds like 'all of us' didn't mis-read it like you did.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
8/10/2019 7:39am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2019 7:39am
The kid openly loves firearms (not illegal and nothing wrong with it). But now he is up against a felony along with a felony and some prison time. So now when he gets out (if convicted) we have a “gun nut” who had all his guns taken away by the system. Seems like fuel for retaliation. Damned if you do damned if you don't
lestat
8/10/2019 7:46am
scott_nz wrote:
i know everyone else in the world sees this as fucked up, but serious question, what do American's think of this sort of this sort of...
Not American but I would say that if you give people the freedom to be a complete idiot , don’t be surprised that a small percentage of people will ALWAYS take you up on that . This guy was just fully exercising his rights (as they currently stand) to be a complete and total fuckwit .
APLMAN99
8/10/2019 7:48am
Dirtydeeds wrote:
The kid openly loves firearms (not illegal and nothing wrong with it). But now he is up against a felony along with a felony and some...
The kid openly loves firearms (not illegal and nothing wrong with it). But now he is up against a felony along with a felony and some prison time. So now when he gets out (if convicted) we have a “gun nut” who had all his guns taken away by the system. Seems like fuel for retaliation. Damned if you do damned if you don't
Hold on, he's being charged with a felony? I haven't been following closely, I guess. What is/would he be charged with?

Or is the guy who pulled his gun and detained him being charged? That act is one that truly could be criminal.

Which one is the mythical "good guy with a gun"?

To add a small wrinkle, let's just say that instead of a long gun he only had a handgun under a jacket. Same basic events occur and the firefighter holds him at gunpoint outside. I know many folks here talk about their "daily carry", but are they okay with this firefighter cowboy drawing on them simply because they are armed (ironically just the same as the firefighter)?

Where do we draw lines, or are we all comfortable with other citizens potentially drawing weapons on our loved ones simply because they perceive an unimplied threat?
SEEMEFIRST
8/10/2019 8:49am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Hold on, he's being charged with a felony? I haven't been following closely, I guess. What is/would he be charged with? Or is the guy who...
Hold on, he's being charged with a felony? I haven't been following closely, I guess. What is/would he be charged with?

Or is the guy who pulled his gun and detained him being charged? That act is one that truly could be criminal.

To add a small wrinkle, let's just say that instead of a long gun he only had a handgun under a jacket. Same basic events occur and the firefighter holds him at gunpoint outside. I know many folks here talk about their "daily carry", but are they okay with this firefighter cowboy drawing on them simply because they are armed (ironically just the same as the firefighter)?

Where do we draw lines, or are we all comfortable with other citizens potentially drawing weapons on our loved ones simply because they perceive an unimplied threat?
Causing chaos, or something, I heard.

I don't think I would prosecute the ex-firefigher, but I know in Texas, they could.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
8/10/2019 8:57am
Dirtydeeds wrote:
The kid openly loves firearms (not illegal and nothing wrong with it). But now he is up against a felony along with a felony and some...
APLMAN99 wrote:
Hold on, he's being charged with a felony? I haven't been following closely, I guess. What is/would he be charged with? Or is the guy who...

Beyond bad taste. What a fuckin idiot. Open carry laws or not theres no fuckin reason to walk around a walmart with bulletproof vest and a loaded ar-15. Especially with the events that have taken place recently. I understand their laws but common sense goes a long way.

As far as the firefighter, given the events in the last week I applaud him. At the time he doesn’t know the kid’s basically pulling a prank. He sees a kid in tactical gear with a loaded ar-15 in a public place. To be clear I own a few guns. Even have a couple AR’s but in my opinion theres zero reason citizens should be open carrying an AR. It’s not normal and this day and age it incites fear and panic in the general public.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/juliareinstei…
8/10/2019 9:33am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2019 9:34am
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Beyond bad taste. What a fuckin idiot. Open carry laws or not theres no fuckin reason to walk around a walmart with bulletproof vest and a...
Beyond bad taste. What a fuckin idiot. Open carry laws or not theres no fuckin reason to walk around a walmart with bulletproof vest and a loaded ar-15. Especially with the events that have taken place recently. I understand their laws but common sense goes a long way.

As far as the firefighter, given the events in the last week I applaud him. At the time he doesn’t know the kid’s basically pulling a prank. He sees a kid in tactical gear with a loaded ar-15 in a public place. To be clear I own a few guns. Even have a couple AR’s but in my opinion theres zero reason citizens should be open carrying an AR. It’s not normal and this day and age it incites fear and panic in the general public.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/juliareinstei…
But everything he done is within the letter of the law?....his argument will simply be that given recent events I felt the need to do this for my own safety which could be the case.
APLMAN99
8/10/2019 11:07am
APLMAN99 wrote:

SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Causing chaos, or something, I heard.

I don't think I would prosecute the ex-firefigher, but I know in Texas, they could.
But didn’t the manager cause the chaos? He’s the one who pulled the fire alarm when there was no fire or no active threat.

And just to be clear, I am intentionally playing devil’s advocate on every side of this because I think it helps illustrate how complicated and subjective the subject is. I appreciate that this discussion is pretty darned civil and hasn’t devolved into a political “the other side sucks” sort of mudfest.

While I personally don’t like these attention whore, self described “auditors” and their ilk, they sometimes reveal areas in our society where we don’t practice what we preach. For instance, if I see an older guy walking down the street in a blazer and the wind whips showing a handgun in a shoulder harness, I’d probably have a much different reaction than if I saw a guy covered with face tats, wearing a wife beater and with a gun tucked into his waistband.

Technically they both have the same right to carry, but they would be treated much differently by passers by, and most likely by law enforcement.

SEEMEFIRST
8/10/2019 11:25am
APLMAN99 wrote:
But didn’t the manager cause the chaos? He’s the one who pulled the fire alarm when there was no fire or no active threat. And just...
But didn’t the manager cause the chaos? He’s the one who pulled the fire alarm when there was no fire or no active threat.

And just to be clear, I am intentionally playing devil’s advocate on every side of this because I think it helps illustrate how complicated and subjective the subject is. I appreciate that this discussion is pretty darned civil and hasn’t devolved into a political “the other side sucks” sort of mudfest.

While I personally don’t like these attention whore, self described “auditors” and their ilk, they sometimes reveal areas in our society where we don’t practice what we preach. For instance, if I see an older guy walking down the street in a blazer and the wind whips showing a handgun in a shoulder harness, I’d probably have a much different reaction than if I saw a guy covered with face tats, wearing a wife beater and with a gun tucked into his waistband.

Technically they both have the same right to carry, but they would be treated much differently by passers by, and most likely by law enforcement.

This one's a sticky wicket.

Like you, I have been playing both sides in my head, and I'm just glad I don't have to make the decisions here.

What I know is that in Texas, you better have a damn good reason and some evidence to point your pistol at someone.
SEE ARE125
8/10/2019 8:38pm
Gworm wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

Cop to the right of the YouTube logo is a popular dude. Just saw him on Live PD. Laughing
8/11/2019 4:51am
what do you think about this;( I’m hoping I’m using the semicolon correct) 😂 a guy I work with hears someone knocking at his front door, in STL city, he yells out and no answer. Grabs his gun, goes out back and around to the front of the house. Asked the guy what he is doing and tell me he lets the guy see his gun from behind his back. I told him you can’t let him see your gun, like that. He said he didn’t point it at him, just let him know he has a gun. I told him you might as well.

Post a reply to: Don’t want to derail the “other” gun topics even further.....

The Latest