Dog found with arrow through torso - he lived

https://www.google.com/amp/fox8.com/2017/10/09/wayne-county-family-look…

This hits me close to the heart because when I was 12 some asshat 14 year old kid shot my Labrador with bird shot. And we had to amputate his leg. He lived to be 11. People shooting dogs grind my gears.

If this was a true accident, Let this be a lesson to always know what you're shooting at! But no way it was an accident. That was an attempted kill shot.
|
JRT812
10/10/2017 7:36am
I agree no way that is an accident.
MR. X
10/10/2017 8:23am
I've been shooting archery for as long as my memory goes back and can for certain say that was no accident . Sometimes guys shoot mutts or a husky thinking its a yote. There is a small group of assholes that think if they see a dog while hunting that it must be out there chasing deer and ruining "their" hunt. Ther is another story I'm following closely from the other side of the state ,a woman is claiming a hunter shot her dog right in front of her at a local park ,the wound to the leg doesn't look typical to that of a wound from a broadhead ,I'm curious what they figure out.
IWreckALot
10/10/2017 8:31am
I was hunting one day and heard something "big" moving through the woods near me. Had my handgun drawn thinking it might be a pig and wouldn't know what it would have done. Fortunately I didn't pull the trigger till it moved out from behind the brush because it was a dog. He walked up and I pet it for a second and sent him on his way.
peelout
10/10/2017 8:38am
this article put my stomach in my throat... my yellow Labradoodle looks soooo similar to this poor dog. definitely not an accident, hope they find the person/s who did it.

The Shop

MR. X
10/10/2017 8:44am
My after thought which the owners probably didn't think of ,especially if they don't hunt would be to follow the blood trail ,might be spotty but I'm sure anyone who has tracked game before could have helped them get close enough to narrow down the search .
MR. X
10/10/2017 5:01pm
After reading that story again and looking at the picture , my money is that a kid did it . A hunter would have had a broadhead in the woods this time of year ,most likely . Even with having a field point on the arrow ,it should have blown right through that dog ,the fact that it stayed like that makes me feel its a light weight arrow ,shot from a low poundage bow ,like a youth bow.
newmann
10/10/2017 7:17pm
No shortage of people who suck these days. Poor dog. We had a sheltie who would sneak out occasionally and came home bleeding with a small puncture wound down low in the chest. Took him to the vet twice over the next few days before he walked up to us one evening and died in our laps. Still think someone took a shot at him.
SEEMEFIRST
10/10/2017 7:49pm
I lost my heeler lab mix last year to a gall bladder rupture.
But when he was around, he was a relentless ball chaser, swimmer, just wide open always.
Well, his drawback was he chased cows...every chance he got.
He chased OUR cows and a shock collar was the only fix, but I had to be there to administer.
He wasn't a fan of guns, and he hauled ass one day when I had a few buddys at the ranch .
We lost him for 4 days.
He came back with what looked like 2 maybe 3 .22 wounds, and I know why. Cow chasers are gonna be targets.
He got one in the middle under his spine in muscle, and 2? graze shots in the front legs.

Never fazed his big dumb ass.

But yeah...sometimes you gotta shoit even a pet dog.
10/11/2017 11:51am
If it's a kid...kids are stupid. Shouldnt ruin his life over that but definitely needs some hard community service time. Like 2080 hours worth. Every Saturday until he's 18.
10/11/2017 1:04pm
If it's a kid...kids are stupid. Shouldnt ruin his life over that but definitely needs some hard community service time. Like 2080 hours worth. Every Saturday...
If it's a kid...kids are stupid. Shouldnt ruin his life over that but definitely needs some hard community service time. Like 2080 hours worth. Every Saturday until he's 18.
Can you punish compassion in to someone?
AHRMA361
Fantasy
232nd
10/11/2017 1:10pm
Heard on the radio that it was a 16 year old. Said he thought he was shooting a coyote.

Might need to start with a vision test on him.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
10/11/2017 1:50pm
If it's a kid...kids are stupid. Shouldnt ruin his life over that but definitely needs some hard community service time. Like 2080 hours worth. Every Saturday...
Can you punish compassion in to someone?
I don't think so.

A 18 year old kid shot a dog down the road when he was hunting. The dog owner beat the kid to near death, and didn't spend a night in jail. Few years later, same kid killed another dog, owner killed the kid. He knew not to fuck with someone elses dog after spending 8 months in and out of the hospital after the beating he took, but he chose to kill someone elses family member and it ended with him dead. If someone is willing to harm a dog at all, they are willing to harm a small child or beat on women.

Post a reply to: Dog found with arrow through torso - he lived

The Latest