Do you sleep with your door shut?

Kelz87
Fantasy
1468th
Edited Date/Time 8/28/2018 12:50pm
Also a random side-thought: is it traditional for a man to sleep on the side of the bed that’s closest to the door?
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/24/2018 9:15am
There's no A/C in the apartment I'm renting and it sucks but since I do have a portable one in the bedroom I sleep with the door closed to keep it cool.

It also helps keep the noise down when other people are up. If I'm alone and don't need the A/C I leave it open.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/24/2018 10:00am
Open...we have a bulldog that goes in/out a couple times a night to check on us. Even without him I think I’d prefer open.

And yes on the man closest to the door. Not sure if it matters but it’s kinda like the curtousy of the man walking closest tot he road when out with a woman. Not like we’re going to stop a out of control car on the sidewalk but it’s the gesture that counts
gabrielito
8/24/2018 10:00am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 10:01am
My room doesn't have a door and I am right handed so I sleep on the right hand side of the bed which is away from the door
early
Fantasy
2212th
8/24/2018 10:05am
My wife needs to have the door closed. I don't care either way.

The Shop

Mossy
8/24/2018 10:06am
Kelz87 wrote:
Also a random side-thought: is it traditional for a man to sleep on the side of the bed that’s closest to the door?
Not sure if it’s traditional, but I do sleep closer to the door than the old lady. I always close and lock the bedroom door, I just feel more secure that way when I’m most vulnerable (sleeping). If someone somehow breaks into my house, then they’re gonna have to make a decent amount of noise to get in my room and kill me. Better safe than sorry. Don’t want to be a victim of an axe murderer Grinning
Nighttrain
8/24/2018 10:17am
Bedroom door closed. The door to the backyard is open so the dogs can go in and out without waking me up.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/24/2018 10:23am
Kelz87 wrote:
Mossy wrote:
Not sure if it’s traditional, but I do sleep closer to the door than the old lady. I always close and lock the bedroom door, I...
Not sure if it’s traditional, but I do sleep closer to the door than the old lady. I always close and lock the bedroom door, I just feel more secure that way when I’m most vulnerable (sleeping). If someone somehow breaks into my house, then they’re gonna have to make a decent amount of noise to get in my room and kill me. Better safe than sorry. Don’t want to be a victim of an axe murderer Grinning
The odds are it would be your wife with the ax. It’s a good idea but I think I’d prefer to be asleep during the bludgeoning
ATKpilot99
8/24/2018 10:23am
I sleep closer to the door . Never really thought about it till this thread. Door open also so the dog can go in and out as she pleases.
8/24/2018 10:30am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 10:33am
Kelz87 wrote:
Did you just watch a video about that ?

Our bed is opposite the door. And I’m next to a safe.
Door open or closed didn’t matter the dog usually sleeps in the doorway for whatever reason. I step over him constantly.

Door. Dog. Safe. Bed. Ole Rufus will make me aware before you’re in my garage.
gabrielito
8/24/2018 10:37am
Isn't it automatic for the man to sleep on the same side he is handed ie right side if right handed, left side if left handed regardless of where the door is? that's what I always thought.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/24/2018 10:40am
gabrielito wrote:
Isn't it automatic for the man to sleep on the same side he is handed ie right side if right handed, left side if left handed...
Isn't it automatic for the man to sleep on the same side he is handed ie right side if right handed, left side if left handed regardless of where the door is? that's what I always thought.
You know I am left handed and do sleep on the left. You may have something there. I’ve just always gone where the wife points me
MR. X
8/24/2018 11:02am
Door closed and she sleeps closer to the door.
NorCal 50+
8/24/2018 11:21am
My wife has a phobia about closing the bedroom door because she thinks if someone breaks in in the middle of the night, we won't notice as soon and they will surprise us (Really).
But we sleep in separate rooms since she has slept with my 4 year-old daughter every night since she was born.
MR. X
8/24/2018 11:37am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
My wife has a phobia about closing the bedroom door because she thinks if someone breaks in in the middle of the night, we won't notice...
My wife has a phobia about closing the bedroom door because she thinks if someone breaks in in the middle of the night, we won't notice as soon and they will surprise us (Really).
But we sleep in separate rooms since she has slept with my 4 year-old daughter every night since she was born.
Ouch , it was a major project to break our little guy of sleeping with us and he only did it for a month.
Stuntman949
8/24/2018 11:59am
Door open. I sleep on the right side of the bed regardless. Just worked out in my house its closest to the door.
Foghorn
8/24/2018 12:12pm
Door closed for a long time since I saw a recommendation from the fire department. Gives you a much better chance in the case of a fire assuming you don't have or hear the smoke alarms.
JRT812
8/24/2018 12:51pm
Right handed and sleep on the left side of the bed now. I changed originally because of our room setup to be close to the door. My wife has recently changed the setup and I’m no longer close

Used to be closed and locked. Now that we have kids... that is out the window. Have to check the front and back door before going to bed.
NorCal 50+
8/24/2018 1:01pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
My wife has a phobia about closing the bedroom door because she thinks if someone breaks in in the middle of the night, we won't notice...
MR. X wrote:
Ouch , it was a major project to break our little guy of sleeping with us and he only did it for a month.
Yeah, does wonders for your sex life, huh? Dizzy We literally have to find time on random mornings when my daughter is asleep, and if she wakes up in the middle, too effing bad.
I remember being upset when the doc told me six weeks with no sex when the baby was born. Four years later I am still waiting for things to go back to normal.
TXDirt
8/24/2018 1:02pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I feel ya. We have four kids ages 8 to 2. I have had kids sleeping in my bed for 8 years. Currently our two daughters, ages 4 and 2 sleep in there with my wife. I sleep upstairs now. Have been doing that for about 2 years. I sleep better. Wife sleeps better. It's actually been great lol

Upstairs I sleep with door closed. Downstairs wife typically sleeps with door closed. When I'm downstairs I prefer the door open. Not sure why.

My wife always gets the right side of the bed. She likes to sleep on her side with a leg partially hanging off the bed. It so happens that makes me closer to the door in most rooms.
MXant15
Fantasy
802nd
8/24/2018 1:10pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Yeah, does wonders for your sex life, huh? :S We literally have to find time on random mornings when my daughter is asleep, and if she...
Yeah, does wonders for your sex life, huh? Dizzy We literally have to find time on random mornings when my daughter is asleep, and if she wakes up in the middle, too effing bad.
I remember being upset when the doc told me six weeks with no sex when the baby was born. Four years later I am still waiting for things to go back to normal.
This is gold right here boys.
TXDirt
8/24/2018 4:14pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
MR. X wrote:
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Yeah, does wonders for your sex life, huh? :S We literally have to find time on random mornings when my daughter is asleep, and if she...
We have a pretty nice setup in our closet!! Smile
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
8/24/2018 4:48pm
Right handed.
Sleep on left side.The ceiling fan is more above that side.
Door open so dogs can get to the dogie door.
I am closest to the door,also have a sliding glass door to the back yard,am closest to it.
Kids and grand kids sleep in their own rooms.
Deja New
8/24/2018 4:54pm
We sleep with door wide open no guns no safe no lock on the front door.... welcome to the Australian country side Smile wife sleeps closest to the door but I just sleep on the right and that’s how it worked out. She brought it up once the whole you’re the man you are the protector you sleep on the door side so we swapped for one night...... woke up missus said it felt wrong so we swapped back. As fror so life and kids got 3 kids, the 5 month old has a crib next to our bed atm but not for to much longer. The 3 year old gets a 15 min snuggle in our bed then knows it’s time to get out Smile the 16 year old never leaves his own room is glued to the fricken PS4. And boys 15 mins of begging don’t count as for play it’s not hard to surprise your better half with a random gift and compliments and it works wounders for you sex life. Cause we all know marriage is not all blowjobs and rainbows ......... you get what you put in!
plowboy
8/24/2018 5:09pm
MudPup545 wrote:
Door closed. Wife is closest to it.
Same. Until the last few months we had a furry, 4 legged, bad guys nightmare sleeping with us. He's passed and I don't sleep near as well these days.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/24/2018 5:16pm
MudPup545 wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Same. Until the last few months we had a furry, 4 legged, bad guys nightmare sleeping with us. He's passed and I don't sleep near as...
Same. Until the last few months we had a furry, 4 legged, bad guys nightmare sleeping with us. He's passed and I don't sleep near as well these days.
That four legged friend was your best security system. Sorry to hear he passed away....you need to work on his replacement?

We’ve always had a good dog sleeping in the room with us and the thought of an intruder making it to our room never enters my mind
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/24/2018 5:18pm
MR. X wrote:
NorCal 50+ wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
We have a pretty nice setup in our closet!! Smile
Laundry time is another option.
Unless you have stackables
plowboy
8/24/2018 5:34pm
MudPup545 wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Same. Until the last few months we had a furry, 4 legged, bad guys nightmare sleeping with us. He's passed and I don't sleep near as...
KennyT wrote:
That four legged friend was your best security system. Sorry to hear he passed away....you need to work on his replacement? We’ve always had a good...
That four legged friend was your best security system. Sorry to hear he passed away....you need to work on his replacement?

We’ve always had a good dog sleeping in the room with us and the thought of an intruder making it to our room never enters my mind
He was a really good friend. Probably too protective. But you are right, never ever worried about home intrusion except for cleaning up their blood and guts. We are about ready for a new dog but being pretty picky. The wife and I love our pits but he's gotta be the right fit.
Deja New
8/24/2018 6:35pm
plowboy wrote:
KennyT wrote:
That four legged friend was your best security system. Sorry to hear he passed away....you need to work on his replacement? We’ve always had a good...

plowboy wrote:
He was a really good friend. Probably too protective. But you are right, never ever worried about home intrusion except for cleaning up their blood and...
He was a really good friend. Probably too protective. But you are right, never ever worried about home intrusion except for cleaning up their blood and guts. We are about ready for a new dog but being pretty picky. The wife and I love our pits but he's gotta be the right fit.
Dogs are part of the family my condolances sorry for your loss...
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
8/24/2018 6:47pm
Deja New wrote:
We sleep with door wide open no guns no safe no lock on the front door.... welcome to the Australian country side :) wife sleeps closest...
We sleep with door wide open no guns no safe no lock on the front door.... welcome to the Australian country side Smile wife sleeps closest to the door but I just sleep on the right and that’s how it worked out. She brought it up once the whole you’re the man you are the protector you sleep on the door side so we swapped for one night...... woke up missus said it felt wrong so we swapped back. As fror so life and kids got 3 kids, the 5 month old has a crib next to our bed atm but not for to much longer. The 3 year old gets a 15 min snuggle in our bed then knows it’s time to get out Smile the 16 year old never leaves his own room is glued to the fricken PS4. And boys 15 mins of begging don’t count as for play it’s not hard to surprise your better half with a random gift and compliments and it works wounders for you sex life. Cause we all know marriage is not all blowjobs and rainbows ......... you get what you put in!
its the same here across the ditch, had never heard the men sleep closer to the door theory, its nice growing up in a land where i don't fear being broken into at night,

i sleep further away from the door, but in the old place i was closer, my old man and bother and law both sleep further away from the door as well, not sure why, just the way it works out i guess,

we have a 12 week old, got him into his own room at about 7 weeks, less crying than i thought there would be doing that, from his mother i mean Wink

Post a reply to: Do you sleep with your door shut?

The Latest