Do most of you really respect Trump?

Darrin Willis
Edited Date/Time 9/3/2022 6:01am
Honest question from a fiscally conservative ,socially liberal ,atheist ,Canadian.In my opinion hes a snake oil salesman. It seems so obvious to me. Im absolutely so confused on how so many people actually like and respect this man. Including most of my Canadian freinds.I can understand supporting many of his policies.Is that the reason of your avid support? Does it Trump (pun intended) his assholishness? Im seriously interested in how a crook who went bankrupt several times fucking up so many people financially. A man who said John McCain was a loser and not a hero can have so much admiration.
|
indy_maico
8/18/2022 5:15am
Honest question from a fiscally conservative ,socially liberal ,atheist ,Canadian.In my opinion hes a snake oil salesman. It seems so obvious to me. Im absolutely so...
Honest question from a fiscally conservative ,socially liberal ,atheist ,Canadian.In my opinion hes a snake oil salesman. It seems so obvious to me. Im absolutely so confused on how so many people actually like and respect this man. Including most of my Canadian freinds.I can understand supporting many of his policies.Is that the reason of your avid support? Does it Trump (pun intended) his assholishness? Im seriously interested in how a crook who went bankrupt several times fucking up so many people financially. A man who said John McCain was a loser and not a hero can have so much admiration.
Dudley
8/18/2022 5:24am
The current political climate is based on populism, which probably is attributed to years of incompetence and low approval ratings for both the legislative and executive branch. Trump is very good at feeding that. It’s also empowering a small but very vocal set in each political party that will not accept that others have different opinions.

I think trump is a symbol for many but most see him as he is, a cutthroat business man. However the ideals he talks about are more important than the man it appears. He gets much unneeded scrutiny in press and much deserved scrutiny in my opinion.

There was a vacuum that was going to be filled eventually, and trump was the person to do it. It will be interesting if the rhetoric can be toned down in the future. It’s unfortunate that people don’t realize how good we have it compared to many on this earth regardless of who’s president.
TalinH112
8/18/2022 5:44am
Honest question from a fiscally conservative ,socially liberal ,atheist ,Canadian.In my opinion hes a snake oil salesman. It seems so obvious to me. Im absolutely so...
Does it bother you that a president of another county is admired by its citizens?
TalinH112
8/18/2022 5:47am
That is an honest question, there are actual mass murderers in power in China and you are mad cause people like Trump? Committing GENOCIDE as we speak, and you’re mad cause Trump said some things you didn’t like?

The Shop

Titan1
8/18/2022 5:55am
I don’t think Trump is a good man, he is prideful, arrogant, and down right childish…if he were my neighbor I’d give him awkward waves and head nods, but never be friends with him and never have him over for dinner….but the things he did as president, for the most part (not everything) I agreed with, and I think they made America better and stronger.

It’s the opposite with Obama…I think he’s a good man, if he were my neighbor we’d be friends, Id have him over for dinner….but the things he did as president, for the most part (not everything) I disagreed with, and made America weaker.

I’d Biden were my neighbor, I’d have my kids mowing the senile old man’s lawn, and taking his trash to the curb, maybe bring him some cookies once in a while (so he feels like he has friends) but tell them never to believe a word he says because he’s lost it mentally.
Gworm
8/18/2022 6:10am
Titan1 wrote:
I don’t think Trump is a good man, he is prideful, arrogant, and down right childish…if he were my neighbor I’d give him awkward waves and...
I don’t think Trump is a good man, he is prideful, arrogant, and down right childish…if he were my neighbor I’d give him awkward waves and head nods, but never be friends with him and never have him over for dinner….but the things he did as president, for the most part (not everything) I agreed with, and I think they made America better and stronger.

It’s the opposite with Obama…I think he’s a good man, if he were my neighbor we’d be friends, Id have him over for dinner….but the things he did as president, for the most part (not everything) I disagreed with, and made America weaker.

I’d Biden were my neighbor, I’d have my kids mowing the senile old man’s lawn, and taking his trash to the curb, maybe bring him some cookies once in a while (so he feels like he has friends) but tell them never to believe a word he says because he’s lost it mentally.
And tell them not to let him sniff their hair.
peltier626
8/18/2022 6:23am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2022 6:40am
Titan1 wrote:
I don’t think Trump is a good man, he is prideful, arrogant, and down right childish…if he were my neighbor I’d give him awkward waves and...

Perfect summary. I think most agree that the Trump era policies implemented were for the betterment of the country. But as a person seem to lack quality or integrity. Hopefully some fresh ideas coupled with what successful policies that worked for the Donald can fulfill the office in 24. The Donald is his own worst enemy.
swordfish
8/18/2022 6:32am
Do you like and respect your PM?
Just curious.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
8/18/2022 6:34am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2022 8:03am
I don't mind his policies,in fact I would support way way farther Right policies than Trump stands for.

However,his old school New Yorker Elite mentality- personality isn't a good look for this country (or hasn't been going good by the amount of folks who hate him).
I think it makes a lot of folks hate the man which leads them to hate anything he does in a political sense.
And also makes the same people hate anyone who supports/backs his policies.
R66
8/18/2022 6:42am
A better question is does anyone respect biden. Xi and Putin certainly don’t. Neither does half of the US population.
str8line
8/18/2022 6:44am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2022 6:48am
Trump has damaged the fabric of America beyond belief. He has no morals. Absolutely none. I'm flabbergasted he got beyond the "grab em by the pussy" and comments on McCain and gold star families. Nothing he has done could possibly make up for his demeanor, and I disagree that he accomplished much beyond bringing down our country within and within the eyes of the world. He was a one-term President who came into an economy that was doing well. I'm not against everything related to Trump but the damage will last long beyond his time here. What's scary is now people like Greene, Gaetz, Hawley, and Boebert represent what it means to be GOP. What a shit-show.
TalinH112
8/18/2022 6:46am
str8line wrote:
Trump has damaged the fabric of America beyond belief. He has no morals. Absolutely none. I'm flabbergasted he got beyond the "grab em by the pussy"...
Trump has damaged the fabric of America beyond belief. He has no morals. Absolutely none. I'm flabbergasted he got beyond the "grab em by the pussy" and comments on McCain and gold star families. Nothing he has done could possibly make up for his demeanor, and I disagree that he accomplished much beyond bringing down our country within and within the eyes of the world. He was a one-term President who came into an economy that was doing well. I'm not against everything related to Trump but the damage will last long beyond his time here. What's scary is now people like Greene, Gaetz, Hawley, and Boebert represent what it means to be GOP. What a shit-show.
Damaged the fabric of America beyond repair?
TalinH112
8/18/2022 6:48am
str8line wrote:
Trump has damaged the fabric of America beyond belief. He has no morals. Absolutely none. I'm flabbergasted he got beyond the "grab em by the pussy"...
TalinH112 wrote:
Man you guys are really reaching now. 😂😂 bunch of fucking Chicken Little’s.
M1000
8/18/2022 6:50am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2022 7:00am
As a Canadian I hope you ask the same about Canada leader that Eastern Canada elects. Justin Trudeau is a snake oil salesman. Untrustworthy, liar, deceitful, coward. You go critiquing America leadership. If we had a Trump type character in Canada. That can shun media, and make fast, correct decisions to better Canada 🇨🇦. Then they would have my vote. I don’t have to like them, just do a good job making my nation better than previous leadership.
Now onto your question. I mentioned this before, and I will post it again. This why I respect Trump.

You might not like his personality, I am no American. However I'd be voting for RESULTS. First to make USA Energy Independent; First to deal directly with North Korea and bring home American deceased; First to tame China; First to address U.S. Border; Real Tax Cuts For Middle Class; NO NEW WARSl; Lowest Unemployment since 1969 (50-Years); Destroyed NAFTA; Stopped Clinton Crime Family; Draining the Deep State Swamp; FIRST PRESIDENT TO fulfill MORE promises than any other in Office! Trump may be the most accomplished President in our nation's history:
1) He got conservative judge Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Cony Barrett to the Supreme Court. Three Supreme Court Judges.
2) The stock market is at an all-time high. Before Covid-19.
3) Consumer confidence is at an all-time high.
4) He created millions of jobs by undoing Obama’s regulations.
5) Mortgage applications for new homes is at a 7 year high.
6) Unemployment rate is at a 50 year low. Before Covid-19.
7) Signed the promoting women in entrepreneurship act.
8) Gutted over 800 Obama era regulations thus freeing up companies to hire again and get the economy moving once again.
9) Ended the war on coal and caused a new mine for coal mining to open that will mine clean coal. He also put the miners back to work.
10) Weakened Dodd-Frank regulations.
11) Promotes buying and hiring American.
12) Investments from major businesses such as Foxconn, Ford ,Toyota, Intel and others will build here now.
13) Building the border wall as promised.
14) Fighting against sanctuary cities.
15) Changed the rules of engagement against ISIS.
16) Drafted a plan to defeat ISIS.
17) Worked to reduce the cost of the F-35 fighter jets.
18) Imposed a five year lobbying plan.
19) Sanctioned Iran over its’ missile program.
20) Responded to Syria’s use of chemical weapons.
21) Reduced tax reform plan.
22) Renegotiated NAFTA and replaced with the USMCA.
23) He withdrew from the Trans Pacific Partnership thus keeping jobs here.
24) He pulled us out of the Paris Climate Accords thus saving us millions of dollars every year.
25) Created a task force to reduce crime.
26) The DOJ is targeting dangerous gangs like MS-13.
27) Signed independence and economic growth law.
28) Signed an executive order to protect police officers and target drug cartels.
29) Signed an executive order for religious freedom.
30) His administration is working on sending education back to the states.
31) He’s fixing the dept. of Veterans affairs so now vets can choose their own doctors and be covered. This also protects whistle blowers and allows VA to terminate bad employees.
32) Authorized construction of the Keystone and Dakota pipelines. The Dakota pipeline is up and running without harming the environment.
33) Created commissions on election fraud and opioid addiction.
34) Food stamp use is the lowest level in decades along with government dependency.
35) Reduced the White House payroll saving taxpayers millions of dollars.
36) Has donated his Presidential salary to various causes.
37) Signed over 52 pieces of legislation.
38) Cut 600 billion from UN peacekeeping mission.
39) Gas prices lowest in more than 12 years.
40) Making NATO allies pay billions of their fair share of dues owed.
41) Signed Criminal Justice Reform, “First Step Act"."
42) Negotiated the USMCA trade deal with Mexico and Canada and eliminated the disastrous NAFTA.
43) Brokered the biggest trade deal in history between the United States and China.
44. Pfizer/Modena vaccine implementation.
Trump has been in DC for 4 years and is running on his accomplishments. Biden, and Sanders, have been in DC for 40 years, and are running on what they plan to do.
Less
str8line
8/18/2022 7:02am
str8line wrote:
TalinH112 wrote:

Is that what I said? Maybe read it again.
TalinH112
8/18/2022 7:08am
Belief* excuse my mistake, and just exactly how did he do that? I’m interested in your opinion because mine differs greatly.
str8line
8/18/2022 7:08am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2022 7:08am
Since Trump will possibly be unable to run in 2024, is there anyone from either side who can begin to bring America together?
M1000
8/18/2022 7:09am
TalinH112 wrote:
That is an honest question, there are actual mass murderers in power in China and you are mad cause people like Trump? Committing GENOCIDE as we...
That is an honest question, there are actual mass murderers in power in China and you are mad cause people like Trump? Committing GENOCIDE as we speak, and you’re mad cause Trump said some things you didn’t like?
You have admit media has done most damage to Canucks. Canadian liberal media constantly devotes minimum of five minutes daily undermining Republicans, Trump (Like a McDonald’s commercial). Soon everyone hates him. They have no idea what Trump accomplished in 4 years. I just named a few in comments above. These facts never reach the common man. Just hate, hate, hate. Media (which learned Propaganda in WW1, WW2, works) just carrying through on orders from above. Humans like lemmings. The Radio, TV, now the internet can convey that message fast….
M1000
8/18/2022 7:10am
str8line wrote:
Since Trump will possibly be unable to run in 2024, is there anyone from either side who can begin to bring America together?
Lol. Trump will run and win 2024 American election. Stamp it.
TalinH112
8/18/2022 7:11am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2022 7:14am
TalinH112 wrote:
That is an honest question, there are actual mass murderers in power in China and you are mad cause people like Trump? Committing GENOCIDE as we...
M1000 wrote:
You have admit media has done most damage to Canucks. Canadian liberal media constantly devotes minimum of five minutes daily undermining Republicans, Trump (Like a McDonald’s...
You have admit media has done most damage to Canucks. Canadian liberal media constantly devotes minimum of five minutes daily undermining Republicans, Trump (Like a McDonald’s commercial). Soon everyone hates him. They have no idea what Trump accomplished in 4 years. I just named a few in comments above. These facts never reach the common man. Just hate, hate, hate. Media (which learned Propaganda in WW1, WW2, works) just carrying through on orders from above. Humans like lemmings. The Radio, TV, now the internet can convey that message fast….
Happy to hear there are Canadians who care about freedom, in their country and in others. Trump was a champion for individual freedoms and self reliance. Something the left has been trying and succeeding in taking away from us and you for years.
Loam Ranger
Fantasy
3394th
8/18/2022 7:11am
str8line wrote:
This.
swordfish
8/18/2022 7:26am
TalinH112 wrote:
M1000 wrote:
You have admit media has done most damage to Canucks. Canadian liberal media constantly devotes minimum of five minutes daily undermining Republicans, Trump (Like a McDonald’s...
TalinH112 wrote:
Happy to hear there are Canadians who care about freedom, in their country and in others. Trump was a champion for individual freedoms and self reliance...
Happy to hear there are Canadians who care about freedom, in their country and in others. Trump was a champion for individual freedoms and self reliance. Something the left has been trying and succeeding in taking away from us and you for years.
Most of us are not Like Jjavaman😂
TalinH112
8/18/2022 7:27am
M1000 wrote:
TalinH112 wrote:
Happy to hear there are Canadians who care about freedom, in their country and in others. Trump was a champion for individual freedoms and self reliance...
swordfish wrote:
Glad to hear it!
M1000
8/18/2022 7:30am
TalinH112 wrote:
M1000 wrote:
TalinH112 wrote:
True. However most population will never experience freedom. Therefore don’t have any idea what it is. Canadian population enjoy government intervention, rules, governance, having someone else pay for their quality of life ( Tax the rich). Therefore Creativity is stifled, individualism stymied, and government corruption rampant (Canadians worship big government vs America Worships business success). Canadian creators just decide to leave Canada and go south, to where they are appreciated. Sad but true. Look at how many foreigners flock to America to hope to create success, you cannot keep them out (Chinese, Asians, Indians, Europeans, Egyptians, Etc, that have found success in America). The list goes on and on. They would not have achieved this freedom in there own country. Yes freedom is good.🇺🇸🇨🇦✅🤠
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/18/2022 7:34am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2022 7:35am
I cannot think of one other person in this world I would rather meet. If he came over for a BBQ my entire city would be wall to wall people lining the streets showing their support

M1000
8/18/2022 7:39am
swordfish wrote:
The fact is motorcycle offers a freedom, few will ever realize. Riding, racing etc. railing berms, taking big risks on Jumps enables a sense of freedom (risk, fear, confidence, success 😀). All from riding a motorcycle.
I won’t be eating ground Sword ⚔️ Fish for dinner 🥘 tonight. 🏁🏁🏁
LOOnatic
8/18/2022 7:40am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2022 7:30pm
What the Libs and Trump haters don't get is that most Trump supporter's value results over style.
Yeah he said and did a lot of cringey shit but guess what?
All politicians do .
They're nice about it and prefer to lie and keep it hidden which is the historical norm.
I get why he turns people off with his style and tone but if those are your top priorities in a candidate (to be spoken to nicely) then someone like Obama is your guy who accomplished little but he made ya' ll " feel good".
Hell I fell for it and voted for him!
So as a very flawed man I respected the hard and long over due decisions Trump made .
I value that over being spoken to nicely.
In a perfect world we would have both but it's not.

What is so telling is how the political establishment was against Trump's positions that they themselves supported for years. (Border security for example)
But he didn't ask nicely so they chose to block his efforts to the detriment of America.
Obama, Clinton, Schumer etc are on record for years supporting this issue.

You don't have to like or respect the jerkstore chef at the expensive restaurant in town to enjoy the food.
str8line
8/18/2022 7:40am
Chalk up another one. Trump's right-hand-man Weisselberg heading to prison on a 15-felony indictment. In true mob fashion he's not gonna rat out Trump. It's all Trump persecution, right? All the people surrounding him being found guilty of crimes. It's the media!
str8line
8/18/2022 7:43am
KennyT wrote:
I cannot think of one other person in this world I would rather meet. If he came over for a BBQ my entire city would be...
I cannot think of one other person in this world I would rather meet. If he came over for a BBQ my entire city would be wall to wall people lining the streets showing their support

TalinH112
8/18/2022 7:43am
str8line wrote:
Chalk up another one. Trump's right-hand-man Weisselberg heading to prison on a 15-felony indictment. In true mob fashion he's not gonna rat out Trump. It's all...
Chalk up another one. Trump's right-hand-man Weisselberg heading to prison on a 15-felony indictment. In true mob fashion he's not gonna rat out Trump. It's all Trump persecution, right? All the people surrounding him being found guilty of crimes. It's the media!
Are you going to answer my question?

Post a reply to: Do most of you really respect Trump?

The Latest