Divorce

VilloFan951
6/25/2018 8:24pm
dirtmike86 wrote:
Shit man didnt see this thread until now. Iam like 10 min away from you. If you have riding gear? hit me up you can ride...
Shit man didnt see this thread until now. Iam like 10 min away from you. If you have riding gear? hit me up you can ride my 350. Been in your shoes before.
That very nice of you man. I’d feel kinda weird riding somebody soon bike lol but thank you for the offer I might take u up on that one day if I don’t have a bike soon
dirtmike86
6/25/2018 8:47pm
dirtmike86 wrote:
Shit man didnt see this thread until now. Iam like 10 min away from you. If you have riding gear? hit me up you can ride...
Shit man didnt see this thread until now. Iam like 10 min away from you. If you have riding gear? hit me up you can ride my 350. Been in your shoes before.
That very nice of you man. I’d feel kinda weird riding somebody soon bike lol but thank you for the offer I might take u up...
That very nice of you man. I’d feel kinda weird riding somebody soon bike lol but thank you for the offer I might take u up on that one day if I don’t have a bike soon
No worries man id feel the same way. I got a new bike so the 350 will probably sit tell winter anyways.
rehan53
6/27/2018 9:29am
Just found out today that the wife is calling it quits after 8 years. I’m an emotional wreck, what are some of the things that have...
Just found out today that the wife is calling it quits after 8 years. I’m an emotional wreck, what are some of the things that have helped you guys deal with this pain. I don’t have a bike anymore so riding is not in the answers.
I was divorced at 28 after a 10 year relationship and 5 year marriage. She left me. She was a sweetheart and loyal to me until the day she moved out.

It hurt, but one of the strongest feelings was embarrassment. I didn’t know how to face my family or friends because I felt like I must be such a broken, terrible person. I felt like a total failure and so stupid. I didn’t know anyone but losers who were divorced before 30, and I definitely believed that if a marriage ended, then at least one person in the relationship must have really fucked up (and it appeared to be me).

Guess what? My friends welcomed me into their homes with open arms and took care of me. Several aunts and uncles confided in me that the marriage I had seen them in for my whole life, was actually a second or third marriage.

We didn’t have kids or own any property, so we just split the bank account and each took a car and I became very thankful that we didn’t have to deal with more. I started going to the gym more and going out with friends and doing things that I just wouldn’t have done if we were together. I traveled alone for the first time, and when a stranger in a far off land said “Congratulations!” to me about the divorce, I shook his hand and said thank you.

No happy marriage ever ended in divorce. It hurts, but now you get to grow, and that can feel amazing. When I met someone new, and fell in love again for the first time in a decade, it was amazing and worth the pain that came before. You’ll be okay, and one day you will see that it was truly for the best.

*A caveat to all this, is that change is hard. I’m in a long term relationship now, and her feedback about my behavior is starting to sound a lot like my ex-wife’s. Learning from your mistakes doesn’t mean it will be easy not to make them again.
VilloFan951
6/27/2018 12:05pm
Just found out today that the wife is calling it quits after 8 years. I’m an emotional wreck, what are some of the things that have...
Just found out today that the wife is calling it quits after 8 years. I’m an emotional wreck, what are some of the things that have helped you guys deal with this pain. I don’t have a bike anymore so riding is not in the answers.
rehan53 wrote:
I was divorced at 28 after a 10 year relationship and 5 year marriage. She left me. She was a sweetheart and loyal to me until...
I was divorced at 28 after a 10 year relationship and 5 year marriage. She left me. She was a sweetheart and loyal to me until the day she moved out.

It hurt, but one of the strongest feelings was embarrassment. I didn’t know how to face my family or friends because I felt like I must be such a broken, terrible person. I felt like a total failure and so stupid. I didn’t know anyone but losers who were divorced before 30, and I definitely believed that if a marriage ended, then at least one person in the relationship must have really fucked up (and it appeared to be me).

Guess what? My friends welcomed me into their homes with open arms and took care of me. Several aunts and uncles confided in me that the marriage I had seen them in for my whole life, was actually a second or third marriage.

We didn’t have kids or own any property, so we just split the bank account and each took a car and I became very thankful that we didn’t have to deal with more. I started going to the gym more and going out with friends and doing things that I just wouldn’t have done if we were together. I traveled alone for the first time, and when a stranger in a far off land said “Congratulations!” to me about the divorce, I shook his hand and said thank you.

No happy marriage ever ended in divorce. It hurts, but now you get to grow, and that can feel amazing. When I met someone new, and fell in love again for the first time in a decade, it was amazing and worth the pain that came before. You’ll be okay, and one day you will see that it was truly for the best.

*A caveat to all this, is that change is hard. I’m in a long term relationship now, and her feedback about my behavior is starting to sound a lot like my ex-wife’s. Learning from your mistakes doesn’t mean it will be easy not to make them again.
Holy shit man when I read this my jaw dropped. It is the exact same thing I’m going thru. Give or take a few years but almost right down to it. Thank you for the kind words and advice I really appreciate it

The Shop

Kyle_McNab
7/2/2018 6:05pm
rehan53 wrote:
I was divorced at 28 after a 10 year relationship and 5 year marriage. She left me. She was a sweetheart and loyal to me until...

Holy shit man when I read this my jaw dropped. It is the exact same thing I’m going thru. Give or take a few years but...
Holy shit man when I read this my jaw dropped. It is the exact same thing I’m going thru. Give or take a few years but almost right down to it. Thank you for the kind words and advice I really appreciate it
Are you a dog guy?They can sure help when you feeling lonely or just taking them for a hike to get your mind off things. Mans best friend can always put a smile on your face
VilloFan951
7/2/2018 6:07pm
rehan53 wrote:

Holy shit man when I read this my jaw dropped. It is the exact same thing I’m going thru. Give or take a few years but...
Kyle_McNab wrote:
Are you a dog guy?They can sure help when you feeling lonely or just taking them for a hike to get your mind off things. Mans...
Are you a dog guy?They can sure help when you feeling lonely or just taking them for a hike to get your mind off things. Mans best friend can always put a smile on your face
I am and yeah mine can tell I’m in a shit mood lol
Kyle_McNab
7/2/2018 8:35pm
Kyle_McNab wrote:
Are you a dog guy?They can sure help when you feeling lonely or just taking them for a hike to get your mind off things. Mans...
I am and yeah mine can tell I’m in a shit mood lol
Haha for sure
peelout
7/3/2018 8:58am
Kyle_McNab wrote:
man, ain't that the truth.

when me and my ex called it quits years ago, my dog of 17 years died within a month. it was the hardest loss i've probably ever dealt with. i wasn't going to get another dog but 2 months of being completely alone was the darkest times i've had. it was ugly for old peeler bro. anyway, i went and got a Labradoodle and i swear to God we are soul mates. he's like a direct extension of me. that was 9 years ago, he's getting up there in age but still has a good 4-5 years left. when he leaves this earth i'll be heart broken.

Post a reply to: Divorce

The Latest