Dealing with kidney stones

Related:
Create New Tag

1/13/2018 7:05 AM

Any advice, all I've found to help is hot shower

|

1/13/2018 8:19 AM

I donated one of my Kidneys to my cousin.

Dr's told me to drink lots of water & cut down on Calcium intake. Keeps the Kidney flushed.

You can also drink Cranberry juice, just try & find the one with the least amount of sugar.

You should consult your Doctor & He\She will point you in the right direction.

I'd also look up the National Kidney Foundation & see their recommendations.

|

00' BMW K1200 RS
83' Maico 490 ( The Project bike)
81' Maico 490- FOR SALE
03' KTM 525 SX (In ICU)
14.5 KTM 450 Fe- FOR SALE

1/13/2018 8:19 AM

If you are trying to pass them....water,water,water. Drink until you feel like you will explode then drink some more. Ibuprofen helps to alleviate swelling to help pass them. If you don't pass them you HAVE to see a doctor otherwise you will get toxic and die. Only had them once (so far, runs in the family) and it felt like someone running a hot knife down my back. I was throwing up from the pain. You will know when you pass them, if you do.

For the most part they are preventable. Diet is key along with lots of fluids. You would be surprised at what foods and drinks should be off limits if you are prone to getting them. Things like kale,spinach, tea aren't recommended. Of course soda, especially cola and any containing glycerol ester of wood rosin like Mountain Dew and Orange sodas. You can search the web for reputable sources such as Mayo clinic to find more info. Good luck and I feel your pain!

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

1/13/2018 9:03 AM

Zero sugar cranberry juice, if the supermarket doesn't have it any health food store will.

|

1/13/2018 9:21 AM

It sounds a little quirky, but hopping down a set of stairs with your knees locked has help me in the past. Something solid like concrete porch steps works best. Shocking the stone down thru the ureter, to the bladder can help speed up the process and elevate the pain.

|

1/13/2018 9:41 AM

el moto diablo wrote:

Zero sugar cranberry juice, if the supermarket doesn't have it any health food store will.

LOL.

|

1/13/2018 11:10 AM

el moto diablo wrote:

Rhino wrote:

LOL.

Why is that funny?

Zbro, I've known guys with stones. To a man they said it was some serious pain when passing. One guy compared it to being in a fight with a professional fighter. Sorry. I feel for ya. Maybe Kramer can help you laugh it off.

|

1/13/2018 4:54 PM

Thanks everyone, today has been rough, I've been in pain since I woke up. Drinking lemonade and water to try to flush. Ended up vomiting up everything I've been drinking so it has been to no benift so I'm starting over. Looked at the pain medicine and there were 2 different ones, generic from the pharmacy and the ones from the hospital. Took one from the hospital and was able to sleep and now have no pain. I think I'm close to passing it. I'm 23 and it's my first one, I will be very cautious from now one because this sucks.
Worst part: I'm at my girlfriends house and they don't have fox sports 1. So no supercross tonight.

|

1/13/2018 10:22 PM

Vomiting with kidney stones. Yep, been there.

I found that Ibuprofen worked best for me. As mentioned above, drink a lot of water. Good luck on passing it quickly!

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

1/13/2018 10:32 PM

el moto diablo wrote:

Rhino wrote:

LOL.

Harry Backmon wrote:

Why is that funny?

Zbro, I've known guys with stones. To a man they said it was some serious pain when passing. One guy compared it to being in a fight with a professional fighter. Sorry. I feel for ya. Maybe Kramer can help you laugh it off.

There is no such thing as zero sugar Cranberry Juice.

|

1/13/2018 11:31 PM

I have had them 4 times now. First one I passed and it hurt like hell. The other three were to big to pass and they had to remove them surgically. That wasn’t fun either. I’ve changed my diet and drink lots of water but still keep getting them.

|

1/15/2018 7:39 AM

A Kidney stone will bring Connor McGrrgor to his knees.

|

GP740
Since 1987

1/15/2018 10:46 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

A Kidney stone will bring Connor McGrrgor to his knees.

This. Worst pain I've ever felt. I thought I was dying or something.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

1/21/2018 11:19 AM

Just went thru this myself. Best relief I could find when it was absolutely unbearable was to make a steaming hot bath and just lay in the water. Good luck brother it took me 3 weeks to pass my stones.

|