Dave...bahama help

supr_fly_tnt
Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 7:12am
have you been?

i was thinking of planning my honeymoon in the bahamas. i was looking at flying into grand bahama airport vs nassau. which would be better? i dont know anything about these islands so any insight would be appreciated!!

im hoping to sort of veer away from the cookie cutter "honeymoon" resorts. is that possible down there? from what ive read and heard, its best to stay on the all-inclusives because once you get on the back roads, things turn to shit pretty quick...

brent
|
flarider
7/10/2008 12:14pm
They're two different places

I like Grand Bahama/Freeport/Lucaya
Nassau is very commercial, crowded and dirty.

Grand Bahama is a large island, like 90 miles long, so there lots to explore and various small towns/villages.
Freeport itself is nothing, many hate it and think it's all there is.
Go to and stay at Lucaya, little more upscale and nicer.
Rent a car or scooter (drive on wrong side) and go exploring the island.
Beaches are nice, other than the people trying to sell you shit
Bahamas are safe as long as you're not stupid. Go looking for trouble, you can find it.
Natives will welcome you into their bars, clubs and restaurants as long as you're not an asshole.
Avoid chain places and go to native food places, waaay different and better
Bahamians are super nice folks.
Grand Bahama will give you that "island life" you're looking for

and hen you arrive...you're love the Bahamian Taxis!!!
HAHAHAHAAHHA.......
SEEMEFIRST
7/10/2008 12:38pm

and hen you arrive...you're love the Bahamian Taxis!!!
HAHAHAHAAHHA.......

That's no lie, BVI taxi rides are awesome as well.

Car horns in the Carribean don't mean "watch out, I'm here", they mean "Better get the fuck out of the way, cuz Imma coming through, Mon".
Phlapjax
7/10/2008 1:30pm
hahahah no shit on the taxi's. We went to St. Lucia and I was surprised at the stupid passes this guy was making. I've done some crazy shit in my life but this guy scared the shit out of me.
supr_fly_tnt
7/10/2008 8:06pm
thanks! i will look into Lucaya. the taxis sound like fun. the best taxi ride i ever had was in dubai. sounds similar. grab your OS handle and hang on! Woohoo

The Shop

zjbell
7/10/2008 9:40pm
st. Lucia is a dump.
crowe176
7/10/2008 9:55pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:34pm
Wife and I just did an all inclusive at Punta Cana Excellence in the Dominican Republic. I've only been to one other (Grand Palladium in Riviera Maya). It was nice. Didn't need reservations to eat, the ocean was nice (good surf), but the service wasn't that great. The food was OK. The rooms were OK. The beach was much nicer than Mexico's. But, just like ZJ told me, The DR is a shit hole, but we only saw the island to and from the resort.

I was bummed though, about 2 days before I left I found a tour that rents KTM's but they were booked. I think it was around 200 a day. www.ridedominicana.com

If for some reason you want more detail, let me know. I'd recommend it only because it seemed to be a younger (20's to 30's) crowd aka good scenery.

Post a reply to: Dave...bahama help

The Latest