Dashboard Cameras

BobPA
It has recently come to my attention that no ones pays attention at all while driving anymore. Nor do pedestrians care that they are walking in front of 4000 lbs of rolling steel. I have been wanting a dash cam for quite some time to cover my ass in case something were to occur. Anyone have experience with these? They vary widely in price, from $70 to over a grand, and I'd like some opinions. Do not mind spending the money if the more pricey ones are worth it.
|
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
7/4/2017 1:14pm
A company i used to work for uses Dashcam. They had an antenna on the building we reported to and when you parked near the building the camera would download to our safety manager's inbox. In our trucks for example, if you braked too fast or swerved or if someone hit you it would save the 10 seconds before and after the incident automatically. It also had a button on the bottom of the camera that you could hit and would save the 10 seconds before and after you hit the button. If I recall it wasn't very expensive.

Funny story about my dashcam - someone broke into my truck at my house and was rummaging around my truck (unsuccessfully) trying to find anything of value. How did i know? The idiots tried to steal the dashcam which was mounted on the windshield and hit the button on the bottom of the camera and recorded themselves. Of course the cops wouldn't even view the recording when I went to the station with the file on a thumb drive.
scooter5002
7/4/2017 1:23pm
"Recently come to my attention". Jeez, did YOU just start paying attention? Lol It's been an epidemic for years. Sitting up in a truck, I've seen it going on for YEARS. Unbelievable there aren't more accidents and deaths than there are, sheer luck only.

If you want excitement, try piloting 70 ton. Was brake checked by some little fucker in a Chevy Van a few weeks back, outraged I didn't make enough room for him to move into the right lane on the freeway. Already scrubbed 15 mph off and still slowing, can't change lanes because the left one is plugged. Clearly saw his face in the mirror, and this MENSA member decides to drop the hammer, get in front of me, with plenty of room to keep accelerating, and jams the brakes on. First time I've wished I had a dash cam, the cop asked my why I didn't have one. Chuckled, and told him I'd never felt the need for one. He says, "How about now?" Friend of mine buys whatever the Flying J sells, says they last about 2 years. That's all I can give you for input.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/4/2017 1:30pm
I have them in all my cars and I bought cheaper ones in the $150 range but I was surprised on how well they worked when I downloaded the data and watched it on my computer. I got mine from gearbest.com
M-M
7/4/2017 2:06pm
Can pick up dashcams for around £20-£30 on eBay. Made in Chinaaaa. Pretty good quality! I think the main difference for the expensive ones will be the night mode. Mine isn't fantastic at night.

The Shop

APLMAN99
7/4/2017 2:44pm
Love's truck stops sometimes has some good buys on those things.........
Firefly47
7/6/2017 10:48am
We have Black Vue dash cams in our fleet vehicles. Forward and rear facing.
But remember, it goes both ways and the police can and will seize them if you are at fault.
BobPA
7/7/2017 9:17am
Firefly47 wrote:
We have Black Vue dash cams in our fleet vehicles. Forward and rear facing. But remember, it goes both ways and the police can and will...
We have Black Vue dash cams in our fleet vehicles. Forward and rear facing.
But remember, it goes both ways and the police can and will seize them if you are at fault.
I am willing to take that risk. My bossman and I have been researching them lately...I will let you know what we end up with.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
7/8/2017 7:33am
I just watched a collection of people waiting to jump in front of cars on purpose to try and sue people. The car would stop ten feet before them and the person would run up and throw themselves against the vehicle and act like they just got hit. Some noticed the dash cam and got up and got ready for the next victim. Scammers

Post a reply to: Dashboard Cameras

The Latest