Dana white says Connor McGregor is broke

doofy
How is this possible? He made 100 mil on the Floyd fight. Dana says that's why he agreed to fight khabib. I know dana is probably trying to sell the fight but in a way I believe it because Connor didnt seem to want to fight the top contenders when we was on top. I believe khabib will maul him
|
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
8/6/2018 1:06pm
It's totally possible. He followed the tried and true formula - planes, cars, houses, moocher friends, lawsuits.

The funny thing is how much he made fun of Mayweather for taking his fight because he needed the money.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
8/6/2018 1:52pm
My guess- Their definition of "broke" is different than ours...
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
8/6/2018 3:16pm
Brad460 wrote:
My guess- Their definition of "broke" is different than ours...
Yeah, slummin' it on 12 million bucks.
newmann
8/6/2018 3:45pm
Here we have a guy with 100 million dollar gigs that is supposedly broke yet no one here on Vital thinks James Stewart could ever end up there. And I for one hope he never does. I love seeing someone actually make enough off of this sport to retire to a cushy and comfortable life after moto. Not many get that chance.

The Shop

peelout
8/6/2018 3:45pm
He's a cunt but that dude can fight. I say he knocks Khabib out before 3
TXDirt
8/6/2018 3:47pm
I’ll be buying the fight.
MR. X
8/6/2018 5:13pm
peelout wrote:
The only way conor wins is by decision .
Sully
8/6/2018 5:26pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2018 8:53pm
peelout wrote:
MR. X wrote:
The only way conor wins is by decision .
It'd have to be a rigged decision, because once Khabib puts him on the ground, he's going to maul him.
MR. X
8/6/2018 5:28pm
Sully wrote:
It'd have to be a rigged decision, because once Khabib puts him on the ground, he's going to maul him.
I agree 100 percent ,I just have zero faith in the judges scoring .
8/6/2018 6:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2018 6:07pm
Can’t wait for the press conferences. Hashtag entertaining. CM is gonna knock him the fuck out.
rongi#401
8/7/2018 3:28am
Here r the Connor superfans that also thought Diaz was going to "get knocked out"
APLMAN99
8/7/2018 6:03am
doofy wrote:
How is this possible? He made 100 mil on the Floyd fight. Dana says that's why he agreed to fight khabib. I know dana is probably...
How is this possible? He made 100 mil on the Floyd fight. Dana says that's why he agreed to fight khabib. I know dana is probably trying to sell the fight but in a way I believe it because Connor didnt seem to want to fight the top contenders when we was on top. I believe khabib will maul him
I truly think that the $100M number/estimate was hyper inflated. I think that part of the deal was that they (Mayweather's camp) would plant/allow that rumor to make McGregor a bigger draw in the future. The known guarantee was $30M, and my guess is another $30M in income share. After taxes, paying off Dana White to allow him to fight, and all the other "fees" paid to any and everyone I could see if he walked away with less than $10M in real money. That's huge for the average person, but he's basically running a company with full time employees, expenses, etc from that income so it wouldn't be far fetched to imagine some cash flow issues if any of his assets were ties up in illiquid investments.
8/7/2018 6:23am
The only way Connor wins is if he lands a big punch. He has no ground game. I say Khabib will take he down and destroy him. And I hope so, Connor has gone from somewhat entertaining to ultra douchebag. MMA is constantly evolving, it is hard to leave for a while and come back against the current top guy, especially Khabib.
doofy
8/7/2018 5:43pm
809 wrote:
The only way Connor wins is if he lands a big punch. He has no ground game. I say Khabib will take he down and destroy...
The only way Connor wins is if he lands a big punch. He has no ground game. I say Khabib will take he down and destroy him. And I hope so, Connor has gone from somewhat entertaining to ultra douchebag. MMA is constantly evolving, it is hard to leave for a while and come back against the current top guy, especially Khabib.
Its hard to say with Connor. I thought aldo was going to wreck him. Mendes has incredible wrestling and conor whooped him also. Its not like hes never seen a guy with good ground game before. Then I thought alvarez would also. Donor defeats his opponets before they step into the cage. Also and eddy fought so tight and timid. Donor didn't and never will get in nates head.

But khabib has outerwordly wrestling and take downs. Khabibs natural weight is mid 190s. Dudes diesel as hell
8/8/2018 9:58am
809 wrote:
The only way Connor wins is if he lands a big punch. He has no ground game. I say Khabib will take he down and destroy...
doofy wrote:
Its hard to say with Connor. I thought aldo was going to wreck him. Mendes has incredible wrestling and conor whooped him also. Its not like...
Its hard to say with Connor. I thought aldo was going to wreck him. Mendes has incredible wrestling and conor whooped him also. Its not like hes never seen a guy with good ground game before. Then I thought alvarez would also. Donor defeats his opponets before they step into the cage. Also and eddy fought so tight and timid. Donor didn't and never will get in nates head.

But khabib has outerwordly wrestling and take downs. Khabibs natural weight is mid 190s. Dudes diesel as hell
I don't disagree. I do think he has mentally defeated a lot of the top guys he fought. Khabib seems extremely mentally strong and I believe he is a true warrior. Connor had his hands full with Diaz, Khabib will finish this fight.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
8/8/2018 6:16pm
newmann wrote:
Here we have a guy with 100 million dollar gigs that is supposedly broke yet no one here on Vital thinks James Stewart could ever end...
Here we have a guy with 100 million dollar gigs that is supposedly broke yet no one here on Vital thinks James Stewart could ever end up there. And I for one hope he never does. I love seeing someone actually make enough off of this sport to retire to a cushy and comfortable life after moto. Not many get that chance.
Given JS7 disappearance, I hope it is safe to say he is financially sound. I would guess if he needed money, he would be searching for something either racing or as an ambassador in the industry.
Moto96
8/9/2018 9:37am
Doubt hes broke but it wouldnt take long.
Forbes says Mayweather made 275 Million and Conor around 125 when it was done with the PPV and Gate, Mechandising etc and some say up to 150 because he was the co promotor with the UFC who split that 50/50.

The fights money was just shy of Pacquio which has the record for biggest money.

Top reporters know Diaz won the 2nd fight too. Takedowns be damned, Conor never took it to the ground for fear of getting ended. Some say Nate went down on purpose for that reason, but conor ran like a little girl from Diaz.

No yellow card, no deducted points. In boxing, that would have went to diaz for a win by a landslide just on that alone.
Diaz was saying all kinds of shit to get Conor to engage. Lame fight. But I guess it leaves it open to a 3.

Post a reply to: Dana white says Connor McGregor is broke

The Latest