Daaaaamn

JAFO92
3/1/2018 10:05am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2018 4:49pm
Somewhere Bonzo is smiling ear-to-ear. Damn this kicks ass!

https://youtu.be/VCSayVA_3Cc
|
BMSOBx2
3/1/2018 3:05pm
The audience didn't seem too impressed. Is that a dude?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
3/1/2018 3:09pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Yes that's a guy and I thought the same thing about the crowd. One dude was bobbing his head and that's about it for the people that seemed into it. Atleast they applauded at the end.

The Shop

3/1/2018 4:02pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yes that's a guy and I thought the same thing about the crowd. One dude was bobbing his head and that's about it for the people...
Yes that's a guy and I thought the same thing about the crowd. One dude was bobbing his head and that's about it for the people that seemed into it. Atleast they applauded at the end.
Those are the times we live in. If somebody recorded you enjoying yourself too much and it ended up on the internet you could be publicly shamed and made into an outcast. It's safer to just golf clap and not disturb the herd.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
3/1/2018 4:13pm
Those are the times we live in. If somebody recorded you enjoying yourself too much and it ended up on the internet you could be publicly...
Those are the times we live in. If somebody recorded you enjoying yourself too much and it ended up on the internet you could be publicly shamed and made into an outcast. It's safer to just golf clap and not disturb the herd.
Well, better to be an outcast than a sheep.

Dude can sing.

#OutcastsUnite
NorCal 50+
3/1/2018 7:03pm
Seems like a cool band- why did they pick the least rock and roll sounding name you could possibly come up with?
XXVoid MainXX
3/2/2018 9:12am
I bet the same question was asked when Led Zeppelin and Lynyrd Skynyrd came up with their names.
OldPro277
3/2/2018 9:28am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Seems like a cool band- why did they pick the least rock and roll sounding name you could possibly come up with?
Greta van fleet was a name of an elderly lady that lived in there town. Their father (I believe) was telling the boys he had to go cut some wood for the neighbor Gretna Van Fleet and the boys had an epiphany . Thats our band name !!! true story. Those boys just sold out a concert here in Pittsburgh in 8 minutes. My daughter was able to get me 4 tickets for an early Fathers day gift. GVF are outstanding musicians and write 90% of their own stuff. Their EP "From the Fires" has 8 kick ass tunes. Not a dud in the set. I've been a follower for about a year and a half and these high school kids have re-energized my faith in our youth, lol.
JAFO92
3/2/2018 9:52am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2018 9:57am
OldPro277 wrote:
Greta van fleet was a name of an elderly lady that lived in there town. Their father (I believe) was telling the boys he had to...
Greta van fleet was a name of an elderly lady that lived in there town. Their father (I believe) was telling the boys he had to go cut some wood for the neighbor Gretna Van Fleet and the boys had an epiphany . Thats our band name !!! true story. Those boys just sold out a concert here in Pittsburgh in 8 minutes. My daughter was able to get me 4 tickets for an early Fathers day gift. GVF are outstanding musicians and write 90% of their own stuff. Their EP "From the Fires" has 8 kick ass tunes. Not a dud in the set. I've been a follower for about a year and a half and these high school kids have re-energized my faith in our youth, lol.
Thanks for the explanation. I realize that there are technically "better" kid-musicians out there, Youtube is chock full of kids who can shred a guitar like a virtuoso or do very difficult routines on drums, etc. But theres more to 'music' than the technicality of one instrument. (at least to me IMHO) and sometimes even a simple riff or lyric or tempo can be just what it takes to make a truly good song. And I also realize that taste in musical genre is relative to the listener and admit Im biased AF in what I prefer. But after listening to the mass produced, pop culture cheese the music-biz has been churning out the past few decades, its refreshing, to me, to see these kids and what they are doing. Hopefully if more kids take a shine to this (because to their generation that 'sound' is actually new to them) maybe a few more talented kids will try to produce their own flavor of oldschool style rock. Who knows it could take off again with a unique and cool spin. One thing is for sure, if there is any money to be made in it, the music-biz machine will take notice and package it and sell it as they always do. They dont care what is being packaged, all they care about is how much ROI will it create.

How can a person not like this stuff? Just a few amps, trap set and a voice, back to basics.

https://youtu.be/NZUD-5oa7Hc
3/2/2018 12:51pm
Sweet.. good to see the younger generation make real music that rocks.

thanks for sharing, i had never heard of them.

XXVoid MainXX
3/2/2018 1:10pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
OldPro277 wrote:
Greta van fleet was a name of an elderly lady that lived in there town. Their father (I believe) was telling the boys he had to...
They actually tell the story in the video clip I posted.
OldPro277
3/2/2018 1:43pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
OldPro277 wrote:
Sorry didn't take the time to view. I've been following them closely for quite awhile since a buddy of mine turned me on to them. They seem like a bunch of good kids. The drummer (non brother) is a scratch golfer and gave up playing in their High School State championship tournament last summer because of a gig they had previously booked in England I think. I've watched just about everything I can on these guys to the point that my wife thinks I'm an obsessive creep that's stalking these kids ,lol. Well, maybe it's not THAT bad, but you get the point. I'm just really impressed with what they are doing. I grew up in the 70's so I'm a huge Zep fan among other hard rockers ,and these guys just really recapture the energy and "edginess" of that era. Never thought I'd see or hear that again.
XXVoid MainXX
3/2/2018 1:59pm
I'm torn. I'm a big Zep fan (and all bands of that era really) as well and on one hand I feel like it's a bit of a rip off, but on the other hand it's most definitely better music than any of the other shit out there.
OldPro277
3/2/2018 2:12pm
MUCH better shit than whats out there,lol. Not really sure its a rip off, its just that Josh sounds a lot like Plant and you can't really change your singing voice based on the fact its similar to someone elses. On the other hand ,why would you WANT to change it if you sounded like one of the best (if not THE best) rock vocalists of all time?? The fact that they write all there own stuff instead of being a Zep cover band is testament to their being original songwriters rather than a sound-alike rip off band. But yes, I've heard that statement before as I'm sure they have,too. I just hope they keep true to themselves and writing and playing the music they like. Their version of Fairport Conventions "meet on the ledge" is absolutely fantastic. Give it a listen.
Uncle Tony
3/2/2018 3:41pm
These guys rock, playing in nyc on my birthday, gonna see them
Knoby
3/2/2018 4:49pm
Fuck yeah that's one of their songs I'm digging. Kind of like Janis Joplin meets Scorpion with an ACDC beat

Post a reply to: Daaaaamn

The Latest