CrossFit Games

jtiger12
Used to know that professional mx racers were the fittest athletes in the world. Watching the crossfit games with my workout freak wife. I'm not so sure anymore, these people are freakishly strong and have cardiovascular fitness.
|
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
7/22/2016 5:04pm
So the winner is the one who works out the best?
jtiger12
7/22/2016 5:10pm
I cannot even explain. It's on ESPN if you want to watch. I'm on captain #4 and enjoying myself.

The Shop

kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
7/22/2016 5:59pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2016 6:43pm
jtiger12 wrote:
I cannot even explain. It's on ESPN if you want to watch. I'm on captain #4 and enjoying myself.
I was just trying to be funny. However, it still boils down to trying to be the best exerciser.

It's only a matter of time until we hear from Peely.
71Fish
7/22/2016 6:45pm
Yep, the winner is the best at exercising with bad form.
peelout
7/22/2016 11:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2016 11:25pm
All CrossFit jokes aside, my cousin is one of the top CrossFit in the country. Dude is an absolute CrossFit animal in all categories of fitness,especially CrossFit. I like to make jokes about CrossFit, but truth be told he's one of the most all around CrossFit people I've ever known. He runs a gym in St George Utah (Dixie CrossFit) and you'll never hear him talk about CrossFit away from the gym. CrossFit.
brlatm
7/23/2016 4:57am
peelout wrote:
All CrossFit jokes aside, my cousin is one of the top CrossFit in the country. Dude is an absolute CrossFit animal in all categories of fitness,especially...
All CrossFit jokes aside, my cousin is one of the top CrossFit in the country. Dude is an absolute CrossFit animal in all categories of fitness,especially CrossFit. I like to make jokes about CrossFit, but truth be told he's one of the most all around CrossFit people I've ever known. He runs a gym in St George Utah (Dixie CrossFit) and you'll never hear him talk about CrossFit away from the gym. CrossFit.
You must have some major talent run in the family pool then with Marchbanks being your nephew and this guy....so what happened to you Peely? LaughingLaughingLaughing

I have tried it a few times with the old lady, I'm a puss compared to some guys for sure.

And I watched a damn 145lbs skinny guy fucking whip the "Murph" workout with the weighted vest on like it was cool. Jeezus it was bitchin.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
7/23/2016 7:02am
Not Marchbanks. Brown.
brlatm
7/23/2016 8:06am
Damnit, and I had actually had Pierce down first but couldn't remember. I blame it on the beer here in Hong Kong tonight.

Anyway Peely what happened to you?Laughing
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
7/23/2016 9:08am
brlatm wrote:
Damnit, and I had actually had Pierce down first but couldn't remember. I blame it on the beer here in Hong Kong tonight. Anyway Peely what...
Damnit, and I had actually had Pierce down first but couldn't remember. I blame it on the beer here in Hong Kong tonight.

Beer in Hong Kong? You win the internet today!
Markopolo400
7/23/2016 5:32pm
I do Crossfit/Oly lifting to help moto. I don't talk about it much, and I love to make fun of it haha.

But Josh Bridges doing Murph in ~35min and Sam Dancer finishing the dead lift ladder at 615 after the hill run are both insane.
jtiger12
7/24/2016 5:23am
Watching the final rounds? Today. So these people have been doing these crazy workouts for 4 days now. The current one I'm watching is handstand push ups on hanging rings. Bad form for sure, I couldn't do it even with the worst form
7/24/2016 3:07pm
peelout wrote:
All CrossFit jokes aside, my cousin is one of the top CrossFit in the country. Dude is an absolute CrossFit animal in all categories of fitness,especially...
Rule #1 in crossfire is never talk about crossfit.
jtiger12
7/24/2016 4:53pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2016 5:00pm
If Any of you snarkey dudes want to line up, tryouts for 17 start soon I'm sure. I used to think this was bullshit as well, but I would not be surprised if crossfit was bigger than mx and sx in less than 10 years
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
7/24/2016 10:54pm
jtiger12 wrote:
If Any of you snarkey dudes want to line up, tryouts for 17 start soon I'm sure. I used to think this was bullshit as well...
If Any of you snarkey dudes want to line up, tryouts for 17 start soon I'm sure. I used to think this was bullshit as well, but I would not be surprised if crossfit was bigger than mx and sx in less than 10 years
I just love Kenny Powers. I'd guess crossfit is already bigger than mx but I have no facts. It is so accessible for the average person and it's gained so much traction. I think it's a little culty and there are too many people doing horrible technique so they can get their "daily numbers" or whatever it is. On the up side it has gotten much more people into working out/trying to stay somewhat healthy so that has to be a positive.
peelout
7/26/2016 10:31am
brlatm wrote:
Damnit, and I had actually had Pierce down first but couldn't remember. I blame it on the beer here in Hong Kong tonight. Anyway Peely what...

hah, yeah Pierce is my cousin, though Marchbanks grew up in this neck of the woods too.

what happened to me? lol, that depends on what you charge per hour and how far back you want me to go in my past Woohoo
mxb2
7/26/2016 10:41am
jtiger12 wrote:
If Any of you snarkey dudes want to line up, tryouts for 17 start soon I'm sure. I used to think this was bullshit as well...
Exactly, probably 80℅ of vital cdnt do 20 pushups or run 1 mile. Just talk about how much pussy they get, lol yea right. Pussy is Like money,the more you talk about it the less you have,get.
Flatliner
7/27/2016 10:20pm
There's a pretty good documentary covering the 2015 crossfit games. It did make me wonder though.... some of those women are jacked to the gills... I don't care about that stuff really but its worth mentioning.

I work with a few people that do it, but its just not my thing. It looks like a fast way to over train.
brlatm
7/28/2016 12:29am
peelout wrote:
hah, yeah Pierce is my cousin, though Marchbanks grew up in this neck of the woods too. what happened to me? lol, that depends on what...
hah, yeah Pierce is my cousin, though Marchbanks grew up in this neck of the woods too.

what happened to me? lol, that depends on what you charge per hour and how far back you want me to go in my past Woohoo
I've seen your IG account, I am jealous because my Strava looks like a dead mans EKG with just flat lines in Saudi.

And for the other, you need to talk with Meg about that shit...and bring a 12 pack of PBR.
brlatm
7/28/2016 12:31am Edited Date/Time 7/28/2016 12:32am
Flatliner wrote:
There's a pretty good documentary covering the 2015 crossfit games. It did make me wonder though.... some of those women are jacked to the gills... I...
There's a pretty good documentary covering the 2015 crossfit games. It did make me wonder though.... some of those women are jacked to the gills... I don't care about that stuff really but its worth mentioning.

I work with a few people that do it, but its just not my thing. It looks like a fast way to over train.
You talking the one behind the scenes with mostly the Icelandic chics and following the 2 guys mainly?

If so I watched that a few weeks ago, I'd let those frozen chics take me for a spin.....don't think the old lady would like it so much.
Flatliner
7/28/2016 1:44am
Flatliner wrote:
There's a pretty good documentary covering the 2015 crossfit games. It did make me wonder though.... some of those women are jacked to the gills... I...

brlatm wrote:
You talking the one behind the scenes with mostly the Icelandic chics and following the 2 guys mainly? If so I watched that a few weeks...
You talking the one behind the scenes with mostly the Icelandic chics and following the 2 guys mainly?

If so I watched that a few weeks ago, I'd let those frozen chics take me for a spin.....don't think the old lady would like it so much.
yep that's the one, was on Netflix.
7/28/2016 9:39am
Those gals are crazy fit, that's for sure. From a shallow point of view, part of me is turned on, part of me is scared.

peelout
7/28/2016 10:58am Edited Date/Time 7/28/2016 10:59am
Those gals are crazy fit, that's for sure. From a shallow point of view, part of me is turned on, part of me is scared. [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b4/db/2a/b4db2a73fa6ba63b1cbdf2942842ad91.jpg[/img]
Those gals are crazy fit, that's for sure. From a shallow point of view, part of me is turned on, part of me is scared.

a few years ago i was doing the CrossFit stuff, i wasn't great but i was usually around the top of the board for the day. but man, it was a great place to pick up chicks. dated a couple that were hard-core CrossFitters. amazing bodies. best part was something about the workout got them horny as hell.

as much shit as i like to give people that CrossFit, it's amazing how good i felt while i was doing it. i ended up hurting my neck on one of the lifts and had to take about a month off. i never went back. been thinking about joining again.
FlaNard
7/29/2016 12:53pm
No crossfit thread is complete without this. And for the record, anything someone wants to do to better themselves is great. I've been a serious lifter for years and respect whatever you wanna do. Even crossfit.

Post a reply to: CrossFit Games

The Latest