Creationists busted.

Spinner
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 11:27pm
http://www.pnj.com/article/20090801/NEWS01/908010317

Judge clears way for dinosaur park to be seized
Kris Wernowsky • kwernowsky@pnj.com • August 1, 2009

A federal judge has cleared the way for the government's seizure of a creationism theme park in Pensacola owned by a couple convicted of tax fraud.

A ruling by U.S. District Judge Casey Rodgers states that the nine properties that make up Dinosaur Adventure Land as well as two bank accounts associated with the park will be used to satisfy $430,400 owed to the federal government.

Kent Hovind, who founded the park and a ministry, Creation Science Evangelism, is serving 10 years in federal prison for failing to pay the Internal Revenue Service more than $470,000 in employee taxes.

He was found guilty in November 2006 on 58 counts, including failure to pay employee taxes and making threats against investigators.

The conviction culminated 17 years of Hovind sparring with the IRS. Saying he was employed by God and his ministers were not subject to payroll taxes, he claimed no income or property.

Hovind is incarcerated at the Edgefield Federal Correction Institution in South Carolina.

His wife, Jo, also was sentenced to a year in federal prison for her role in the tax fraud. She's currently jailed at the Federal Correctional Institution in Marianna.

Rodgers' 16-page order released late Thursday gives the government the green light to divide up the nine properties in and around the 5800 block of North Palafox Street and begin to sell them until the $430,400 forfeiture amount is satisfied.

The properties have a combined value of more than what the Hovinds owe, according to Rodgers' order, and any excess property available after the sales will be returned to the Hovinds.

The Hovinds' son, Eric, and business associate Glenn Stoll unsuccessfully tried to block the government's attempt to seize the properties. They said they are the legal owners.

Only Eric Hovind, who has managed the park since his father's incarceration, was successful in his claim, according to Rodgers' order.

Stoll said he owned nine of the 10 properties in question, according to a motion filed with the court. Eric Hovind claimed ownership of a single property, where he lives with his family. He will be allowed to keep the Cummings Road home.

Kent Hovind made a series of quick transfers to conceal his ownership of the properties at risk for seizure, according to documents filed by the U.S. Attorney's Office.

Eric Hovind was not available for comment Friday. His secretary said he could not be reached until Monday.
|
Nerd
8/4/2009 4:06pm
Con-men are most dangerous when the people they're conning are expected to give complete and total unquestioning faith.
Farva
8/4/2009 4:10pm
Nerd wrote:
Con-men are most dangerous when the people they're conning are expected to give complete and total unquestioning faith.
Like the Obama crowd?
Goride333
8/4/2009 4:13pm
I bet you can get a killer deal on some Garden of Eden dinosaurs.
Jesus lizards. Get it right.

The Shop

Nerd
8/4/2009 4:16pm
Nerd wrote:
Farva wrote:
Like the Obama crowd?
Such as?

Can you show us one person who doesn't question Obama on this site?
Goride333
8/4/2009 4:18pm
Nerd wrote:
Farva wrote:
Like the Obama crowd?
Nerd wrote:
Such as?

Bone Pony. What do I win?
Farva
8/4/2009 4:23pm
Nerd wrote:
Farva wrote:
Like the Obama crowd?
Nerd wrote:
Such as?

The person above that post...
8/4/2009 4:28pm
I question everything. I didn't agree with bush's stimulus package, and I don't agree with Obama's.

I'm not 100% sure that Obama can make his healthcare policies work, but I'm not going to beat him down for trying to do something positive.

The amount of negativity that surrounds Obama blows my mind. It's not like he's starting any illegal wars or anything. He's trying to get this shit straightened out, and all the right can do is bitch 24/7 about it.

It would be nice if everyone could shelve the negativity. The man's just trying to fix Bush's fuckups.
Farva
8/4/2009 4:29pm
I question everything. I didn't agree with bush's stimulus package, and I don't agree with Obama's. I'm not 100% sure that Obama can make his healthcare...
I question everything. I didn't agree with bush's stimulus package, and I don't agree with Obama's.

I'm not 100% sure that Obama can make his healthcare policies work, but I'm not going to beat him down for trying to do something positive.

The amount of negativity that surrounds Obama blows my mind. It's not like he's starting any illegal wars or anything. He's trying to get this shit straightened out, and all the right can do is bitch 24/7 about it.

It would be nice if everyone could shelve the negativity. The man's just trying to fix Bush's fuckups.
You even said you trust everything he says because he's the president...

8/4/2009 4:30pm
I said I'll trust him until he gives me a reason to not trust him.

Like I did with Bush.
Nerd
8/4/2009 4:31pm
Farva wrote:
Like the Obama crowd?
Nerd wrote:
Such as?

Farva wrote:
Try again, because he hasn't.
Farva
8/4/2009 4:32pm
Nerd wrote:
Such as?

Farva wrote:
Nerd wrote:
He hasn't what?

Said he trusts everything the president says?

Nerd
8/4/2009 4:33pm
Farva wrote:
Nerd wrote:
Farva wrote:
He hasn't what?

He isn't guilty of not questioning the president.
Farva
8/4/2009 4:33pm
Nerd wrote:
Farva wrote:
He hasn't what?

Nerd wrote:
He trusts everything the president says yet he's not guilty of not questioning the president...

Hmm
Nerd
8/4/2009 4:39pm
Farva wrote:
He hasn't what?

Nerd wrote:
Farva wrote:
He trusts everything the president says yet he's not guilty of not questioning the president...

Hmm
If you were the president, he would question EVERYTHING you said, because you have proven to be untrustworthy.

However, what he said was, for example, if the president says, "I'm not going to raise taxes on the middle class," he believes him until such a point that the president loses his trust.

That doesn't mean that if the president says 5+1=92 that he's going to just take it as fact.

You're mixing subjects. Go start another thread and be crazy there. We're all full of crazy in this one.
Farva
8/4/2009 4:39pm
What point are you trying to make?
It's kind of hard to trust everything someone says and question them at the same time.

Nerd
8/4/2009 4:42pm
What point are you trying to make?
Farva wrote:
It's kind of hard to trust everything someone says and question them at the same time.

If you're trusting everything they say about their own intentions, that's different from verifiable facts.

Go find your own thread.
Farva
8/4/2009 4:42pm
Nerd wrote:
If you're trusting everything they say about their own intentions, that's different from verifiable facts.

Go find your own thread.
Don't reply back if you don't want to discuss what I said.
Nerd
8/4/2009 4:44pm
Nerd wrote:
As I said before the attempted hijack by the guy with a one-track mind and nothing to do...

And it's true. Regardless of whether or not the bible is factual, the truth is that it creates an outstanding spring-board for con-men like this guy in the original post. Kent Hovind made MILLIONS by using people's faith to dupe them. Millions.
ProMed
8/4/2009 4:45pm
I'm not a Christian, but why does Spinner only ever come on this board to bash on Christian people? Did a priest tap that ass?
Farva
8/4/2009 4:50pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:19am
Nerd wrote:
Nerd wrote:
As I said before the attempted hijack by the guy with a one-track mind and nothing to do... And it's true. Regardless of whether or not...
As I said before the attempted hijack by the guy with a one-track mind and nothing to do...

And it's true. Regardless of whether or not the bible is factual, the truth is that it creates an outstanding spring-board for con-men like this guy in the original post. Kent Hovind made MILLIONS by using people's faith to dupe them. Millions.
People are always looking for ways to rip people off to make a buck.

From people like this guy, and even global warming kooks like AL Gore. Why do you think lawyers make so much money?
Nerd
8/4/2009 4:51pm
ProMed wrote:
I'm not a Christian, but why does Spinner only ever come on this board to bash on Christian people? Did a priest tap that ass?
Who said Kent Hovind is a Christian?

He has certainly exploited Christians, but does that make him a Christian?
ProMed
8/4/2009 4:53pm
ProMed wrote:
Nerd wrote:

I assume the Kent guy is from the article above? Doesn't matter to me if he is Christian or not. Didn't read the article.
Nerd
8/4/2009 4:54pm
ProMed wrote:
Nerd wrote:

ProMed wrote:
I assume the Kent guy is from the article above? Doesn't matter to me if he is Christian or not. Didn't read the article.
Perhaps if you're going to accuse someone of something, you should read the article accompanying the accusation first. Just a thought.
Farva
8/4/2009 4:56pm
ProMed wrote:
Nerd wrote:

I'm pretty sure he says so.

If people don't choose what religion they are who does?

Nerd
8/4/2009 4:59pm
ProMed wrote:
Nerd wrote:

Farva wrote:

If your goal is to exploit Christians you can't claim to be Jewish or Agnostic.
09450f
8/4/2009 5:02pm
Nerd wrote:
Farva wrote:
Like the Obama crowd?
Nerd wrote:
Such as?

DAVE ,DEAN,NACHO,INDY,no spin zone...pretty much hook,line and sinker..sorry guys..they defend his policies alot..but borrowing trillions of dollars is going to finish us off
Farva
8/4/2009 5:02pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:19am
Nerd wrote:

Farva wrote:

Nerd wrote:
If your goal is to exploit Christians you can't claim to be Jewish or Agnostic.
So in your opinion of him he's not christian, but if people don't choose their religion who does?

Post a reply to: Creationists busted.

The Latest