Creation / Evolution

Related:
Create New Tag

7/29/2022 9:59 AM

this one probably won't last because it'll ultimately get into religion, but I'm just curious about the group's thoughts toward creation vs evolution.

Despite what you've been taught in school, there is a MOUNTAIN of evidence to support creationism. I find it infinitely interesting because it actually makes you question a LOT. Photo

|

7/29/2022 10:14 AM

I'm a Deist, but I'm not familiar with even a pebble, let alone a mountain of evidence for creationism.

|

I can do anything, I'm an expert.
MotoTribology.com - Motorcycle Lubrication Education

7/29/2022 10:16 AM

RandomUserName wrote:

this one probably won't last because it'll ultimately get into religion, but I'm just curious about the group's thoughts ...more

Most of these men went out to disprove the Bible and found God in the process, it’s pretty interesting.

|

Buy a man eat fish, the day, teach man, to life time. - Joe Biden

7/29/2022 10:19 AM

Photo
|

7/29/2022 10:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2022 10:21 AM

MotoTribology wrote:

I'm a Deist, but I'm not familiar with even a pebble, let alone a mountain of evidence for creationism.

merely a basic quick article on the subject:
https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/
(and please don't bash cause it's not getting into hard scientific explanations on the topic - Just wanted to find you something quick/easy to address your question)

There truly is overwhelming evidence for creationism but you have to look for it as the education system only teaches evolution, which itself is a "faith" as there is very very little evidence for it actually. It's quite fascinating.

|

7/29/2022 10:26 AM

We're here because aliens put us here ,call them what ever you want.

|

7/29/2022 10:34 AM

Statistically it's more likely there's intelligent design. Also statistically good odds we are living in a matrix? That would also qualify for intelligent design. We are getting very close to computers that can create a whole new matrix. Then pretty soon, inside that matrix they would design systems to create another, and another, and so on. How would you ever know? Have they even found a definitive link yet for "evolution"?
In the the creation camp.
TM

|

www.alljackedupinc.com home of the Switch Hauler®

7/29/2022 10:38 AM

No such thing as evolution as we have been told... I personally see no evidence of homo sapiens past 300 yrs ago.... the popular narrative is so far off the truth.... look at your state capital building (doesnt matter iowa or australia).... thats an Original "roman" work... despite what your his-story book told you....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

7/29/2022 10:54 AM

MotoTribology wrote:

RandomUserName wrote:

merely a basic quick article on the subject:
https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/
(and please don't bash cause ...more

Thanks for sharing, I don't recall seeing a lot of those ideas before so there is a lot more arguments for a "young Earth" than I thought there would be. That being said, just going through a handful of them and they don't seem all that credible.

On the surface, it seems like there is a mixture of "haha gotcha!" moments for known, imperfect sciences like radiocarbon dating, and gross misinterpretations of natural science topics like geology and orbital dynamics. I'll keep looking through them though and see if any stand out.

|

I can do anything, I'm an expert.
MotoTribology.com - Motorcycle Lubrication Education

7/29/2022 11:04 AM

Photo
|

7/29/2022 11:31 AM

gt80rider wrote:

No such thing as evolution as we have been told... I personally see no evidence of homo sapiens past 300 yrs ago.... the ...more

Love these red hot takes

|

7/29/2022 11:45 AM

Photo
|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger

7/29/2022 11:50 AM

Creation or evolution? What if that's just another false dichotomy? Both are fairly easy to disprove.

|

7/29/2022 11:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2022 12:17 PM

Agnostic here but raised Catholic. I personally don't know any intelligent Christians that have an issue with evolution. Most religious people have found ways to reconcile their religious beliefs with acceptance of evolution just fine.
In fact, some of the leading evolutionary biologists are Christians. Dr. Kenneth Miller and Francis Collins, for example.

It's pretty easy to pick apart the answers in genesis garbage. Some real lowbrow material there. Sorry.

Creationists and flat earthers are the same types of idiots.

"I don’t think that there’s any conflict at all between science today and the Scriptures. I think that we have misinterpreted the Scriptures many times and we’ve tried to make the Scriptures say things they weren’t meant to say. I think that we have made a mistake by thinking the Bible is a scientific book. The Bible is not a book of science. The Bible is a book of Redemption, and of course I accept the Creation story. I believe that God did create the universe. I believe that God created man, and whether it came by an evolutionary process and at a certain point He took this person or being and made him a living soul or not, does not change the fact that God did create man."
-Billy Graham

|

7/29/2022 11:56 AM

I've come to grips with the fact that it's all beyond understanding and that may even be by design. Creationism and evolution both fail to describe the beginning of the beginning (to my narrow knowledge anyway,) and that's one of the most beautiful yet terrifying aspects of what makes this all so miraculous. Pretty cool when you let go and think about the fact that truly nobody knows.

|

7/29/2022 1:10 PM

308 wrote:

Agnostic here but raised Catholic. I personally don't know any intelligent Christians that have an issue with evolution. Most ...more

blanket statements don't help.
MILLIONS of scientists agree with creationism.

and you know a devout christian that disagrees with evolution: me.

|

7/29/2022 1:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2022 1:33 PM

RandomUserName wrote:

and you know a devout christian that disagrees ...more

Then I question your intelligence and/or understanding of the subject.

Nah.. Millions of scientists no not believe in young earth creationism. Like flat earthers, it's a pretty fringe club.

|

7/29/2022 1:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2022 1:31 PM

TalinH112 wrote:

Most of these men went out to disprove the Bible and found God in the process, it’s pretty interesting.

Like Francis Collins. Once an atheist, now a Christian.
Still fully believes in evolution and understands the human genome better than anyone.

|

7/29/2022 1:31 PM

308 wrote:

Agnostic here but raised Catholic. I personally don't know any intelligent Christians that have an issue with evolution. Most ...more

RandomUserName wrote:

308 wrote:

Nah.. Millions of scientists no not believe in young ...more

more blanket statements.

Not millions, but there's more than a few, amigo:

https://creation.com/scientists-alive-today-who-accept-the-biblical-account-of-creation

|

7/29/2022 1:33 PM

RandomUserName wrote:

this one probably won't last because it'll ultimately get into religion, but I'm just curious about the group's thoughts ...more

TalinH112 wrote:

308 wrote:

Like Francis Collins. Once an atheist, now a Christian.
Still fully believes in evolution and understands the human genome ...more

and present your irrefutable evidence of evolution. not in an ugly challenge way, but when you actually INVESTIGATE the issue you'll be surprised at what you might learn.

|

7/29/2022 1:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2022 2:00 PM

Evolution science from a Christian perspective
https://biologos.org/common-questions/what-is-the-evidence-for-evolution

Where do you find even the slightest evidence of young earth creationism?

We do have pretty great fossil records that can be observed.
Photo

|

7/29/2022 1:59 PM

How can anyone argue that evolution doesn't exist?

The concept is incredibly simple. Whatever genetic changes happen that increase the odds of reproducing get passed on. You could argue that's part of God's plan. It's a simple concept that helps ensure species survive inevitable change.

|

7/29/2022 2:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2022 2:47 PM

😂
“Blanket statements don’t help”…..
“Millions of scientists agree with creationism”
“There is a mountain of evidence”
The original image even finishes with
“Etc. etc. etc. Hundreds of people.

|

7/29/2022 2:32 PM

ToolMaker wrote:

Statistically it's more likely there's intelligent design. Also statistically good odds we are living in a matrix? That would ...more

Statistically? Uh, no.

Here's a good analysis of that claim.

http://ramanujan.math.trinity.edu/polofsson/research/Chance.pdf

|

7/29/2022 2:34 PM

RandomUserName wrote:

308 wrote:

Nah.. Millions of scientists no not believe in young ...more

RandomUserName wrote:

more blanket statements.

Not millions, but there's more than a few, amigo:

...more

MILLIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I've told you once, I've told you a billion times. Stop exaggerating!

|

7/29/2022 2:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2022 3:04 PM

In other news, how interesting were the NASA images of light coming from galaxies billions of light years away?

This debate is the ultimate when it comes to not changing anyone else’s mind.

The scientific consensus is that evolution has got us to this point.

People can obviously chose not to believe the science, or believe that god created that science.

Believe what you want to believe, but neither side of the debate are going to change their mind.
And ultimately, as long as people are respectful of others opinions, there is zero harm in believing either side of the debate.

|

7/29/2022 3:15 PM

|

7/29/2022 4:26 PM

We were created then evolved.

|

7/29/2022 4:51 PM

peltier626 wrote:

We were created then evolved.

There’s no reason why those things are mutually exclusive, is there?

|

7/29/2022 5:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/29/2022 5:17 PM

If you feel the need to bring in a creator (or god) , the only logically coherent argument is that god created the universal constants and the laws of nature . Evolution is most definitely a thing .

|