Crazy and sad story

Related:
Create New Tag

11/20/2020 3:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/20/2020 3:09 PM

A very close friend got Hit by a car recently while walking across the street. He is still in the hospital and not doing well.
Here is where the crazy part comes in, It turns out that there was a cop that films a YouTube show that was driving right behind the car that hits him and got it on video. The crazy part other than seeing my friend get hit by a car is that the cop never noticed. drives right by the guy laying in the street that had just gotten hit by a car!
its a 3 hour long show but he gets hit at 11:22 Just curious what anyone's thoughts would be

|

11/20/2020 3:17 PM

Wow. shocked

To be fair, I had to watch the video twice before I saw your friend. He was wearing pretty dark clothes and if the driver was watching the cars brake lights, it would be hard to notice.

Prayers and best wishes for your friend. Please keep us updated.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/20/2020 3:25 PM

Falcon wrote:

Wow. shocked

To be fair, I had to watch the video twice before I saw your friend. He was wearing pretty dark clothes and if the driver was watching the cars brake lights, it would be hard to notice.

Prayers and best wishes for your friend. Please keep us updated.

Thanks I had to watch a few times to see him as well, and it does appear to be his fault. after watching it a bunch of times it looks like he made it to the right side of the car and just about clears it. It was also cold so I think maybe he slipped and fell back. His Injuries are very bad not sure he will survive. Thanks for the well wishes.

|

11/20/2020 4:13 PM

I bet his live YT show while on patrol will be cancelled by his dept. Was he paying attention to telling stories instead of what's going on right in front of him? Who knows, but I hope your buddy recovers.

|

11/20/2020 4:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/20/2020 4:25 PM

God I only see him laying there. Seemed like coulda almost ran the guys arm over. Can’t find him at all before he’s seen on the ground in that video. My god. That’s terrible.

Common sense say to stop and see why a car randomly stops in middle of the street and opens their door ???

|

GP740
Since 1987

11/20/2020 4:47 PM

dean122 wrote:

I bet his live YT show while on patrol will be cancelled by his dept. Was he paying attention to telling stories instead of what's going on right in front of him? Who knows, but I hope your buddy recovers.

Yeah it seems like he is pretty distracted, he is reading comments and making calls etc. I wouldn't be surprised if it got cancelled. at first I though he fell underneath the car but upon further review (watched it many times) he actually goes up over the car which I would think would be better but he is in a coma still.

|

11/20/2020 4:49 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

God I only see him laying there. Seemed like coulda almost ran the guys arm over. Can’t find him at all before he’s seen on the ground in that video. My god. That’s terrible.

Common sense say to stop and see why a car randomly stops in middle of the street and opens their door ???

yeah I though that also. and he has a radio on with the calls coming in but it seems like he talks louder anytime that says anything so couldn't tell if the call came in that a guy got hit.

|

11/21/2020 11:46 AM

WOW, that was gnarly, hope your friend pulls through, that was brutal.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

11/21/2020 4:37 PM

ocscottie wrote:

WOW, that was gnarly, hope your friend pulls through, that was brutal.

Thanks he is still alive, but in a coma and he does have a broken back and spinal cord damage unfortunately.

|

11/21/2020 4:57 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

Thanks he is still alive, but in a coma and he does have a broken back and spinal cord damage unfortunately.

uuhh fuck you know how bad i hate hearing that. Damn...My prayers are with him 🙏

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

11/22/2020 6:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2020 6:41 AM

So instead of blindly thumbs downing, no explanation on why a cop would just continue to drive on past a car that stops and opens their door on a roadway ? I don’t hate cops.

|

GP740
Since 1987

11/22/2020 7:02 AM

IDK, it seemed pretty obvious to me. I don't understand how he could have drove past that, nor wonder why a car stopped and had their door open.
Thoughts and prayers for your friend.

|

11/22/2020 9:54 AM

I bet he just didn't see him or notice the guy getting out of his car, does anyone really think if he would have see or known what happened that he would have just kept driving. Dash cams pick up everything that the driver may or may not see. I have dash cams in all my cars and one picked up a car crash I had no idea had even happened less than 50 feet away.

|

Ed Johnson

11/27/2020 8:30 PM

FlickitFlat wrote:

IDK, it seemed pretty obvious to me. I don't understand how he could have drove past that, nor wonder why a car stopped and had their door open.
Thoughts and prayers for your friend.

The officer clearly noticed the car stopped with the person getting out. He said “whoa” as he was passing cause he about clipped the door. I am a huge supporter of the police but I will call them out when I see something wrong. If you see a vehicle stop on the side of the road that quickly and a person jump out you should stop to see if something is wrong. I am a run of the mill civilian and I would have stopped to see if things were ok had I seen that.

|

11/28/2020 10:04 AM

This guy is so engrossed in his Youtube video that he just didn't have time to stop, or even to pay attention to what is going on around him it appears. His Youtube video is so important that he neglects his first and foremost jobs, to protect and to serve.

If he would have been paying attention and not been so distracted by his gimmicky "educational" work he couldn't have prevented this accident, but he might could have been able to administer care that could have lead to a better outcome for the man who was struck.

This guy wanting to be a Youtube star shows how dangerously distracted that he is while doing it, and how little he can observe of his immediate surroundings.

At the very least, these "educational" videos should be stopped to improve public safety while he is on the road and he should receive a reprimand for distracted driving like anyone else would if they were watching a video while driving, which is a fine in my state at least.

|

11/28/2020 10:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/28/2020 10:51 AM

I mean. The dashboard camera is fixed and always rolling. It shouldn’t be a distraction. Whoever uploads it obviously uploads after the shift. So I’m not sure I understand your distraction points have any merit here.

Hes not watching his video on the fly apl. It’s recording. If he’s distracted it’s not because of the dash cam.

|

GP740
Since 1987

11/28/2020 11:45 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

I mean. The dashboard camera is fixed and always rolling. It shouldn’t be a distraction. Whoever uploads it obviously uploads after the shift. So I’m not sure I understand your distraction points have any merit here.

Hes not watching his video on the fly apl. It’s recording. If he’s distracted it’s not because of the dash cam.

If he wasn’t distracted by his “performance” he wouldn’t have known that YouTube was down, etc.

I’m pretty sure that he wasn’t trying to livestream his actual departmental dashcam, but rather doing a livestream from a phone or other device. Hence the lack of timestamp or other info on the screen. He keeps trying to decide if he should restart his device, so his YouTube performance is weighing pretty heavily on his mind. The very first thing he talks about after passing the injured pedestrian is about whether or not he’s going to have to restart YouTube.

I could be wrong, but it certainly appears that he’s completely obsessed with his broadcast and it’s occupying all of his attention instead of what he should be paying attention to. Hell, at just before 20:00 he says that he’s just received a message about whether he needs to restart YouTube, and he completely ignores the background radio chatter talking about an accident about the injured pedestrian.......

Give that part a listen, and then try to reconcile that he isn’t completely distracted by performing rather than protecting and serving.

|

11/28/2020 11:55 AM

Took about 2 seconds to find a picture of him activating his “dashcam”. Clearly a cell phone type of camera for live-streaming, and not an actual police dashcam.

He didn’t have his ride along guy with him that night, yet he’s responding to live messages so I think it’s pretty easy to deduce that he was looking at that screen in order to respond.

|

11/28/2020 11:57 AM

|

12/1/2020 2:24 PM

Tarz, any update on your friend?

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

12/3/2020 9:46 PM

Falcon wrote:

Tarz, any update on your friend?

Hi he is still alive, I honestly didn't think he would survive after hearing from his GF about the injuries etc. I don't have much of an update but he is in rough shape, definitely gonna have a long recovery.

This link is a story about the incident that was in the news paper
https://www.startribune.com/video-shows-ramsey-county-sheriff-driving-past-struck-pedestrian/573269661/

|