Edited Date/Time 7/21/2021 11:17am
I say we are more similar than different

Poll

Can we learn to get along?

Choices
|
OG725
6/22/2021 7:25am
Probably not. Your average Cowboy, is Red Blooded, Flag Waving, Hard Working, Patriot.

That guy you see down at your local bar on a Friday night with his hat on, he ain’t no Cowboy.

OG725
6/22/2021 7:31am
PS, not entirely certain what makes you self-indentify as a smelly hippie, but you post as a right wing conservative. Your fellow beatniks are going to run you out of the commune.
GabeM
6/22/2021 7:39am
OG725 wrote:
Probably not. Your average Cowboy, is Red Blooded, Flag Waving, Hard Working, Patriot. That guy you see down at your local bar on a Friday night...
Probably not. Your average Cowboy, is Red Blooded, Flag Waving, Hard Working, Patriot.

That guy you see down at your local bar on a Friday night with his hat on, he ain’t no Cowboy.

GabeM
6/22/2021 7:40am
OG725 wrote:
PS, not entirely certain what makes you self-indentify as a smelly hippie, but you post as a right wing conservative. Your fellow beatniks are going to...
PS, not entirely certain what makes you self-indentify as a smelly hippie, but you post as a right wing conservative. Your fellow beatniks are going to run you out of the commune.
Outlaw, free spirit, Son of pioneers, live life on my own terms

The Shop

OG725
6/22/2021 7:41am
Neither of those two are Cowboys.

Maybe you need to redefine your definition of, “Cowboy”.
GabeM
6/22/2021 8:06am
OG725 wrote:
PS, not entirely certain what makes you self-indentify as a smelly hippie, but you post as a right wing conservative. Your fellow beatniks are going to...
GabeM wrote:
In order to have a good conversation / debate you need to first make sure you are using the same definitions.

A hippie is?

Someone who views the world and nature more communal and holistically

Communal tribe minded who desire a lifestyle much like many Native Americans lived. Simple life of meeting day to day needs rather than continual consuming and societal stratification. (Rousseau's noble savage"

historically in America

A middle class boomers who grew up under a a deliberate campaign that a nuclear war was imminent, was fed a steady diet of self sabotaging ideals primarily originating from the crown of England, and was educated in college by Alinksy Marxist community organizers, who had already infiltrated the US University system. They experienced assassinations of political leaders, a BS war and draft and realized something in the world was wrong

feel free to ad to the definition please be decent
6/22/2021 8:07am
If your going to try to make a connection between music and cowboys post a picture of a musician that's actually a cowboy

OG725
6/22/2021 8:10am
If your going to try to make a connection between music and cowboys post a picture of a musician that's actually a cowboy [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/06/22/498955/s1200_newFile_2.jpg[/img]
If your going to try to make a connection between music and cowboys post a picture of a musician that's actually a cowboy

He was doing much better yesterday when he referenced Chris LeDoux.
GabeM
6/22/2021 8:16am
If your going to try to make a connection between music and cowboys post a picture of a musician that's actually a cowboy [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/06/22/498955/s1200_newFile_2.jpg[/img]

OG725 wrote:
He was doing much better yesterday when he referenced Chris LeDoux.
hey now
GabeM
6/22/2021 8:22am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2021 8:22am
Shitkickers done lost their minds if they think Wiillie aint no cowboy
6/22/2021 8:32am
GabeM wrote:
That’s more cowboy than hippy. By a wide margin.
6/22/2021 8:35am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2021 8:35am
GabeM wrote:
In order to have a good conversation / debate you need to first make sure you are using the same definitions. [b]A hippie is?[/b] Someone who...
In order to have a good conversation / debate you need to first make sure you are using the same definitions.

A hippie is?

Communal tribe minded who desire a lifestyle much like many Native Americans lived. Simple life of meeting day to day needs rather than continual consuming and societal stratification. (Rousseau's noble savage"

historically in America

A middle class boomers who grew up under a a deliberate campaign that a nuclear war was imminent, was fed a steady diet of self sabotaging ideals primarily originating from the crown of England, and was educated in college by Alinksy Marxist community organizers, who had already infiltrated the US University system. They experienced assassinations of political leaders, a BS war and draft and realized something in the world was wrong

Not a bad summary of hippy.

But as I explained in the previous thread, theyre at ideological polar opposites of cowboys.
GabeM
6/22/2021 9:08am
GabeM wrote:
In order to have a good conversation / debate you need to first make sure you are using the same definitions. [b]A hippie is?[/b] Someone who...

A hippie is?

historically in America

Not a bad summary of hippy.

But as I explained in the previous thread, theyre at ideological polar opposites of cowboys.
I believe in their purest forms neither puts much thought into ideologies and prefer to take life more day today and as it comes. When acting consistent both move away from societal structures and value differing perspectives.
6/22/2021 9:38am
GabeM wrote:
I believe in their purest forms neither puts much thought into ideologies and prefer to take life more day today and as it comes. When acting...
I believe in their purest forms neither puts much thought into ideologies and prefer to take life more day today and as it comes. When acting consistent both move away from societal structures and value differing perspectives.
In their purest form, hippies go full marxist. Seen it with my own eyes as explained before.

In the purest form of the cowboy, is the power of the individual. The opposite if groupthink collectivism.

You ever seen a hippy farm?
Compare that to a cowboy’s farm.

Night & day productivity. Why? The cowboy adheres to structure, among other ideological differences.

They’re nothing alike.
GabeM
6/22/2021 9:41am
GabeM wrote:
I believe in their purest forms neither puts much thought into ideologies and prefer to take life more day today and as it comes. When acting...
In their purest form, hippies go full marxist. Seen it with my own eyes as explained before. In the purest form of the cowboy, is the...
In their purest form, hippies go full marxist. Seen it with my own eyes as explained before.

In the purest form of the cowboy, is the power of the individual. The opposite if groupthink collectivism.

You ever seen a hippy farm?
Compare that to a cowboy’s farm.

Night & day productivity. Why? The cowboy adheres to structure, among other ideological differences.

They’re nothing alike.
I know all kinds of hippie organic farmers. They grow the stuff I am willing to eat.
6/22/2021 9:49am
And no they dont make good neighbors. I grew up in a community where everyone was on either side of the far spectrum.

Both subscribed hard to their ideological values. And yes they put thought into it, but no it isn’t relevant if they did, actions speak louder than words. How you live is what you are.

The hippies lived in filthy communes. Barely got by due to laziness. Kids were behind in school. And their parents were incredibly divisive at school board meetings. They spent all their energy on environmental issues (never solving a thing). And their overzealous belief in vegetarianism was a constant hurdle they couldnt reconcile with their rancher neughbors who raised cattle.

Cowboys want to be left alone to do as they please on their land. Hippies want to know everything that’s going about on other people’s land so they can dictate what you do.

And if you share a driveway with a hippy? Good luck getting them to chip in on the road maintenance. All that kumbaya bullshit goes out the window. They’ll limp their shitbox VW van into the the ground before fixing the potholes in the SHARED road.

I lived the exact experiment you seek an answer too. Im telling you, it doesnt work.

And on a greater scale we’re seeing that in America right now as the cowboys & hippies are very far apart on every issue. As they should be, because they’re opposites.
6/22/2021 9:52am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2021 10:17am
GabeM wrote:
I know all kinds of hippie organic farmers. They grow the stuff I am willing to eat.
I know plenty also. They’re simply not as good as a cowboy in regards to farm maintenance & production.

Farming is hard ass work. It requires lots of discipline & structure. Structure & discipline are the antithesis of hippy ideological values.

The only truly successful hippy farmers were the pot growers. Who all got pushed into insolvency the moment pot went legal and they faced competition from actual hard working people. Think about that, their greatest financial achievement was only the result of artificial value due to prohibition. They had a 40 year headstart on the industry and got wiped out in less than 2 years because they couldn’t compete with cowboy minded people.

The differences are night & day.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
6/22/2021 10:08am
It made me think of the movie Once upon a time in hollywood. The dog acts like my big Mack to a tee.
early
Fantasy
2231st
6/22/2021 10:17am
There's gonna be a huge difference in production and aestheics between a start-up organic farm and a generations old ranch no matter who is running the organic farm unless they have very very deep pockets.
GabeM
6/22/2021 10:19am
GabeM wrote:
I know plenty also. They’re simply not as good as a cowboy in regards to farm maintenance & production. Farming is hard ass work. It requires...
I know plenty also. They’re simply not as good as a cowboy in regards to farm maintenance & production.

Farming is hard ass work. It requires lots of discipline & structure. Structure & discipline are the antithesis of hippy ideological values.

The only truly successful hippy farmers were the pot growers. Who all got pushed into insolvency the moment pot went legal and they faced competition from actual hard working people. Think about that, their greatest financial achievement was only the result of artificial value due to prohibition. They had a 40 year headstart on the industry and got wiped out in less than 2 years because they couldn’t compete with cowboy minded people.

The differences are night & day.
In no ones reality are Hippies anywhere as productive as cowboys, but IMO they are more similar then they are different

if you seen three men in a pick-up
Dressed alike from boot to hat?
Could you tell which one was the real cowboy just from where he sat?"

6/22/2021 10:20am
FLmxer wrote:
It made me think of the movie Once upon a time in hollywood. The dog acts like my big Mack to a tee.
That scene was such a massive payoff.

I did not get that movie at all. Failed to finish it several times. Then I heard Bill Burr rant on it so i said fuck it, im gonna sit thru this thing if it kills me.

The ending made it all make sense. I fucking love that movie now. QT is a genius.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/22/2021 10:37am
My wife’s very hippie-ish and yet she’s a full on Conservative. I have full on Cowboy cousins who are full on Liberals. Love em all. Let them be happy with what they love to be and I don’t judge them by their political affiliation.
6/22/2021 11:00am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2021 2:33pm
KennyT wrote:
My wife’s very hippie-ish and yet she’s a full on Conservative. I have full on Cowboy cousins who are full on Liberals. Love em all. Let...
My wife’s very hippie-ish and yet she’s a full on Conservative. I have full on Cowboy cousins who are full on Liberals. Love em all. Let them be happy with what they love to be and I don’t judge them by their political affiliation.
All women have hippy tendencies. It's in their biological nature. Nothing wrong with it, it's essential.

But ultimately we are what we do. Not what political party we claim affiliation too.

As far as co-existence, dont I wish that could be done well. But the human condition prevents it. Moral decay is inevitable so a stable holding position is not possible. That's the argument for orthodoxy. And it's evidenced by every winning sports team ever.

And I wish we could live and let live. But the hippy doctrine prevents it. It's a ponzi scheme that in order to stay solvent needs to grow. It took 30 years but I finally understand McCarthy's argument. The collectivists will never let good enough alone.
6/22/2021 11:02am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2021 11:43am
GabeM wrote:
In no ones reality are Hippies anywhere as productive as cowboys, but IMO they are more similar then they are different [b]if you seen three men...
In no ones reality are Hippies anywhere as productive as cowboys, but IMO they are more similar then they are different

if you seen three men in a pick-up
Dressed alike from boot to hat?
Could you tell which one was the real cowboy just from where he sat?"

Again, they are not similar. They are polar opposites. I dont think you are fully understanding their core values.

Structure, discipline, accountability, borders, boundaries, patriarchy, leadership, individualism, competition, meritocracy, logic, etc.

vs

No rules, no boundaries, no gender roles, no discipline, no accountability, anti-patriarchy, groupthink, participation trophies, emotions, etc.

One group feels the way to solve problems is to look in the mirror. The other believes the way to solve problems is to blame the system and change everything else around them to suit their idiosyncrasies.

The best argument for hippies & cowboys co-existing is the relationship between man and woman. It's a good argument. Problem is, hippies hate acknowledgement of our biological differences.
6/22/2021 11:10am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2021 1:32pm
early wrote:
There's gonna be a huge difference in production and aestheics between a start-up organic farm and a generations old ranch no matter who is running the...
There's gonna be a huge difference in production and aestheics between a start-up organic farm and a generations old ranch no matter who is running the organic farm unless they have very very deep pockets.
The hippy pot farmers had plenty deep pockets. And a 30-40 year head start.

They never got their farms cleaned up or producing well. In fact, a majority of them couldnt stay solvent as they got crippled by environmental regulations THEY SPENT THEIR LIVES ADVOCATING FOR YET NEVER ADHERED TOO! hahaha. Talk about biting yourself in the ass - the hippies are directly responsible for weaponizing the departments & regulations that got them all put out of business!

Money does not solve problems. It's an amplifier (of both good or bad).

I've done some consulting work for some VERY WELL FUNDED ($10 million plus) pot farms. I saw their balance sheets and spent days on their facilities getting to know staff and operations. Total typical hippy shitshow. Money made zero difference to solving their problems.
early
Fantasy
2231st
6/22/2021 11:13am
The hippy pot farmers had plenty deep pockets. And a 30-40 year head start. They never got their farms cleaned up or producing well. In fact...
The hippy pot farmers had plenty deep pockets. And a 30-40 year head start.

They never got their farms cleaned up or producing well. In fact, a majority of them couldnt stay solvent as they got crippled by environmental regulations THEY SPENT THEIR LIVES ADVOCATING FOR YET NEVER ADHERED TOO! hahaha. Talk about biting yourself in the ass - the hippies are directly responsible for weaponizing the departments & regulations that got them all put out of business!

Money does not solve problems. It's an amplifier (of both good or bad).

I've done some consulting work for some VERY WELL FUNDED ($10 million plus) pot farms. I saw their balance sheets and spent days on their facilities getting to know staff and operations. Total typical hippy shitshow. Money made zero difference to solving their problems.
These legal farms?
https://youtu.be/-3wX6J19nqQ

Post a reply to: Cowboys and Hippies

The Latest