Covid Unemployment fraud 🤬

KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
Anyone dealing with unemployment due to the Covid crisis? Chance, weren’t you having a hell of a time getting you benefits thst were well deserved?

So I ran across the 3rd person last night who is collecting unemployment plus the $600 “bonus” and all 3 of these people have not worked a decent day in their lives. You know the type, the ones there always find a excuse to work as little as possible. Not one of the 3 were on any type of payroll before this virus hit. Now all 3 have our tax dollars rolling in along with the bonus. All 3 got approved right off the bat....who knows how the fuck that happened but I’m just assuming a fair share of lying went into it.

Then I have 2 people close to me who work their asses off and were later off at the beginning. One works at a hospital n Oceanside, the other at a Macy’s dept store. Both of them took months to get their first checks. The hospital worker didn’t get hers until 12 weeks after her claim. The Macy’s worker it took around 10 weeks. Both were due to possible “fraud”. Both of these girls are what you would call “angels” when it comes to their moral values. How fucked up is this? I tell you I wanted to kick the lady out of the house last night when she bitched about “I’m not getting much” when referring to her unemployment checks. Fuck her! Hate to rant but this is just one of those things that makes me sick. Anyone know of people screwing the system? How about people that deserve it that are being screwed and not getting any checks? It’s a messed up deal
|
Chance1216
7/20/2020 12:57pm
Yep. I struggled and had to really fight to get it.
It took five weeks to get my first check. After over 900 phone calls, 12 hours waiting on the phone and still stressing over it. Luckily, I had a little savings to stay afloat.
It was stressful to say the least. I got back paid for the amounts. Bitch of it was, the same week I got my check, I got called back to work the following Monday. It sure wasn’t a vacation for me.
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
7/20/2020 1:42pm
My POS bro-in-law filed for a PPP "loan", he has not worked a real job in 25 years and has not done shit except sleep and play video games for the past decade+.

He filed as "unemployed/ self-employed", 2 weeks later he got a check for $7,000 plus he still got his "Stimulus" check for $1,200. So $8,200 taxpayer funded free money for a worthless lazy POS.

Not a lot of money compared to some of the PPP abuse, but still ridiculous that someone who literally has not done shit in decades gets $7,000 no questions asked. So he went out and bought a new cell phone and the latest computer for his video games, now he is broke again.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
7/20/2020 2:39pm
AZ35 wrote:
My POS bro-in-law filed for a PPP "loan", he has not worked a real job in 25 years and has not done shit except sleep and...
My POS bro-in-law filed for a PPP "loan", he has not worked a real job in 25 years and has not done shit except sleep and play video games for the past decade+.

He filed as "unemployed/ self-employed", 2 weeks later he got a check for $7,000 plus he still got his "Stimulus" check for $1,200. So $8,200 taxpayer funded free money for a worthless lazy POS.

Not a lot of money compared to some of the PPP abuse, but still ridiculous that someone who literally has not done shit in decades gets $7,000 no questions asked. So he went out and bought a new cell phone and the latest computer for his video games, now he is broke again.
You know this is exactly what I’ve heard from these 3. One even went into and bought a used Harley with his check. It makes me sick.

Then the ones like Chance and the 2 ladies I know, had to fight like hell to get theirs.
JeremyK
7/20/2020 2:44pm
I got it for a about 4 weeks while i collected unemployment for a month . I was one of the first people back to work and some guys stayed home because they couldnt breath with the mask on and continued collecting. Recently the state told them they should be on medical and not laid off and couldnt get the check anymore , well wouldn't ya know ,they can now breath with a mask on.

The Shop

imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
7/20/2020 3:39pm
Apparently in Tennessee, you can flat out walk off a job and could have been receiving 800+ a week. Without even attempting to find employment. I think they have ended or will be ending that shortly.

Was kinda curious I'd they was getting a food card for a few hundred on top of that giving them over a grand a week for staying home.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
7/20/2020 3:50pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2020 3:51pm
imoto34 wrote:
Apparently in Tennessee, you can flat out walk off a job and could have been receiving 800+ a week. Without even attempting to find employment. I...
Apparently in Tennessee, you can flat out walk off a job and could have been receiving 800+ a week. Without even attempting to find employment. I think they have ended or will be ending that shortly.

Was kinda curious I'd they was getting a food card for a few hundred on top of that giving them over a grand a week for staying home.
The lady we unfortunately had over last night for dinner not only gets unemployment she also has a food card. What kisses me off is she never worked more than 5-10 hours a week as a designer. Lazy as hell.

Next month I’m going over to install 3 sets of Cantina doors at her house. These doors are the type where the entire wall opens up and they fold out of tre way, trey coat around $10K a set. Just the type of twat that deserves unemployment benefits. Makes me sick
JM485
7/20/2020 3:57pm
The worst thing that ever happened to me financially was remaining employed during this whole mess, had I gotten laid off I could have made an extra $600 a week plus worked on my side company and made even more. Who would have thought. . .Pinch
Chance1216
7/20/2020 4:40pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2020 5:44pm
AZ35 wrote:
My POS bro-in-law filed for a PPP "loan", he has not worked a real job in 25 years and has not done shit except sleep and...

KennyT wrote:
You know this is exactly what I’ve heard from these 3. One even went into and bought a used Harley with his check. It makes me...
You know this is exactly what I’ve heard from these 3. One even went into and bought a used Harley with his check. It makes me sick.

Then the ones like Chance and the 2 ladies I know, had to fight like hell to get theirs.
It was stressful. The worst part was not knowing how long the stay at home order would last.
What it came down to was a mistake on unemployment’s part. A box wasn’t checked on their end. Are you kidding me? I spoke to four different people trying to get it sorted and each time it ended with you should see a difference in your claim status tomorrow. Wake up, still pending.
Then dealing with the food shortages at the grocery store.
I bought a 40 Lb bag of rice and speared a bunch of fish to throw in the freezer.
Fish and rice for dinner. Gets old after about the fourth time. 🙄
No, I didn’t qualify for the stimulus check. Why does what I made last year matter today? I wasn’t making anything while not working, yet alone dealing with unemployment. Alright, rant over....

JeremyK
7/20/2020 5:04pm
My buddy owns light scaping business and couldn't get a single response to his help wanted ad . My wifes younger brother actually ended up go to work for him.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
7/20/2020 7:11pm
JeremyK wrote:
My buddy owns light scaping business and couldn't get a single response to his help wanted ad . My wifes younger brother actually ended up go...
My buddy owns light scaping business and couldn't get a single response to his help wanted ad . My wifes younger brother actually ended up go to work for him.
Why go to work when you can make more lying on the couch doing jack squat? (I've been working this whole time. Presently on 40 hours a week and would make more if I was laid off)
71Fish
7/20/2020 8:31pm
AZ35 wrote:

Sounds like my brother, except he's too lazy to figure out what he needs to do for the money.

I love gov programs. They always end up costing the rest of us more in the long run.
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
7/20/2020 10:59pm
I could easily go on a lengthy rant about this bullshit. I guess it's easy to give away other peoples money, because whoever the fuck decided how all this "Free" money should be passed out would have a whole different plan if it was coming out of their pocket. It's so wasteful it's a joke. For starters how about this.

1. People who's income is unaffected doesn't need $1,200' apiece. School employees come to mind. I know several teachers and school district employees who's salary didn't drop 2 cents. But $1,200' of our tax money went right into each of their bank accounts. $1'200 X How many ?

2. An extra $600' A WEEK for unemployment ? How about if you're legitimately unemployed your unemployment check matches whatever you salary was ? No less, but certainly not fucking more. wtf.....

3.Any business "Forced" to close down should get their bills paid.
I'm not sure about the logistics of this one but when I read about business's that are forced to close their doors for good during this because they can't pay their bills, I wonder which bills ? The mortgage ? The rent ?, The utilities ? How about those places take a little hit ? How about we share the misery a little. How do you "freeze" money for those 6 months ?. Are the banks not willing to lose a dime ? Are the banks like, "You can't make your mortgage for 6 months because the state forced you to close down ?" Well gee that's too bad but get your stuff out of our building" ? To me any business that has been basically "ordered to close" should be the first priority. They did nothing wrong.
Anyway back to the lowlife freeloader leech mother fuckers that see this thing as this great opportunity to get something for nothing ? I agree, fuck them

7/21/2020 5:43am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2020 5:46am
I got mobilized. My wife’s hours cut immensely in the OR. Her boss would not check The covid related box so she could collect. Not only were her hours cut but I was gome and she had to take care of the kid. We didn’t get a cent.

Whatever, I’m glad I could Provide during the time, but that that just infuriates me the assholes that have never lifted a finger are cashing in and my wife whose busted her ass taking call all hours of the night holidays and weekends for last 6 years at this hospital gets fucked around with. Ha her and I have paid into unemployment and never can draw when we need it. It ends up going to some shammers.

6 months+ Of savings is getting torn through. Idiot me quit my
Job at the VA because I just couldn’t take the stupidity and my coworkers lack of caring about anything. I’ve never quit a job in my life and when I do some pandemic hits lol. Picked up a PRN job right after I quit and now they won’t offer up hours, best of both worlds PRN employees are as needed and can’t draw unemployment even if I was working full time hours before the pandemic. Bah. I’m off orders and nobody is hiring or offering hours at hosptials around here because they’re empty and broke. Apparently they need those ER caresource runny nose Swabbers or they can’t get their bottom line green. Hospitals are just dependent on that govt funded programs to keep
Them afloat.
crowe176
7/21/2020 6:33am
Half of our shop is home making more money than the “skeleton crew” that we needed. We have one customer (out of 100’s) that makes parts for DOD that qualified our shop as essential. The whole thing is a shit show. “Bring your own santitizer and PPE” They did start doing temp checks though lol. Listening to some of these guys the first month, I was sure there was going to be a lawsuit if anyone got sick.

I’m just happy to be working and considered essential. Most co-workers, not so much. They want to be home watching Tiger King and ordering dumb shit on Amazon all day with their dipshit buddies.
lestat
7/21/2020 6:39am
We were still working up until a couple of weeks ago . We all got laid off and one of my coworkers found out his identity had been stolen and someone had been collecting thousands of dollars in his name . Try getting that situation straightened out . 🙄
Dust601
7/22/2020 12:11am
One of my best friends brothers who hasn’t worked in years got unemployment. Claimed he was a self contractor, and Covid took away all his work. He was getting 800 a week. Spending every cent of it on crack, and still having to ask his mommy for dip, and cigar money.

Honestly I want to be angry, but watching all the rest of that money go to big businesses with no transparency at all makes it hard for me to get all that upset about some normal folks trying to game the system. Why more people aren’t absolutely outraged about the lack of transparency with the money going to big businesses is straight up baffling to me.

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
7/23/2020 8:59am
I'm still working my ass off. Thankfully, I make more than I would have on unemployment, and in any case, I don't feel like it's OK to not work just because you "don't want to." It effing boils my blood when politicians try to line up unemployment benefits for people who are unable or "unwilling" to work. Um, WHAT??? Unable, I understand. (Handicapped, etc.) But UNWILLING????? do you think I want to get up at 6:30 and drive to BFE so I can process widgets all day, then face the rush hour hell back home?

I'll be happy to take that 2nd stimulus check if it ever rolls around, though. Hey, if it's going to happen and you and I are paying for it anyway, why not at least get the benefit?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
7/23/2020 10:05am
Well my industry still CAN'T go back to work yet, so I am in the group of people who are not abusing the system. Even with the $600 additional I am losing 3k+ a week in income, and I don't qualify for the stimulus checks either. I can tell you that in LA, if the additional $600 goes away before the County can open up for normal business, you will see a titanic economic meltdown. There are already rental vacancy signs like I haven't seen since the '94 earthquake because people are losing their places to live and businesses going away.

Do I have a problem with the lazy fuckwads who weren't working by choice all of a sudden claiming the Rona is keeping them from working? Hell yes, but the money going to them is peanuts compared to the cash grab that has happened by the 1%'ers and major corporations who aren't doing anything with the money but buying back stocks and lining CEO's pockets.

Everyone freaking out about people making a little extra scratch right now need to be way more pissed off at multi-national, publicly traded companies who pay literally no tax getting millions to many millions each of PPP relief while small business that actually need the help are getting fucked and closing up shop.

Rant over.
early
Fantasy
2231st
7/23/2020 10:08am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2020 10:11am
If you guys want to do something about it you can go here. https://www.dol.gov/newsroom/releases/eta/eta20200519
It took 4 weeks for my claims to go thru. I was off 7 weeks total. My wife was denied on account she didn't have have enough weekly hours logged in the 90 days before the shutdown happened because she was 9 months pregnant and a new mother at that time. Our state actually looked at that stuff pretty closely which is why it took so long for my claim to go thru. Of course now my wife doesn't have a job to go back to and no unemployment.
500guy
7/23/2020 10:26am
I've had 2 false claims against my business in 3 months, I get the paperwork from DES about so &so who worked here.

Problem is they never worked here and I don't even know who they are. Then the burden is on me to fill out paper work and try to make sure these scammers don't collect.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
7/23/2020 11:17am
A neighbor who is a general contractor has had some of the same issues, and I feel for you guys for sure. There seems to be a subset of people, especially in SoCal that do nothing but game the system, wether it's medicare fraud, Insurance fraud, or whatever fraud, and they aren't of Hispanic decent if you catch my drift.

They all drive Mercedes' or BMW's, smoke a lot of cigs, and live in apartments in Burbank/Glendale/North Hollywood. And none of them ever seem to actually have a job. Just groups hanging out in random parking lots constantly talking loudly on cell phones while smoking.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
7/23/2020 11:22am
avidchimp wrote:
A neighbor who is a general contractor has had some of the same issues, and I feel for you guys for sure. There seems to be...
A neighbor who is a general contractor has had some of the same issues, and I feel for you guys for sure. There seems to be a subset of people, especially in SoCal that do nothing but game the system, wether it's medicare fraud, Insurance fraud, or whatever fraud, and they aren't of Hispanic decent if you catch my drift.

They all drive Mercedes' or BMW's, smoke a lot of cigs, and live in apartments in Burbank/Glendale/North Hollywood. And none of them ever seem to actually have a job. Just groups hanging out in random parking lots constantly talking loudly on cell phones while smoking.
“Not of Hispanic decent”
You got that right! All 3 of the ones I know are now under my “white trash” label. Phuckheads!

Hearing what Jay is dealing with makes me think they have gone that route to steal these benefits. I just don’t understand how they are pulling in these big checks when they had not been working before the virus hit.

I hope you guys get Hollywood up and rolling soon 👍

Post a reply to: Covid Unemployment fraud 🤬

The Latest