Couple more things that just kind of piss me off......

APLMAN99
Edited Date/Time 11/15/2017 5:33am
-"Reveal" parties We have gotten a few of those invitations lately, from baby gender, to new house, etc. For the house "reveal", I had to call up my buddy and ask if he and his wife were just too good for us commoners who still held house warmings...... For baby gender reveals, I just wonder why folks think it's truly that special, especially the ones who go all out with professional photographer, etc. Those will be the ultimate helicopter parents.

-Promposals Anyone who's had a high schooler in the last 10 years will know what I mean. These things were invented by helicopter moms who just couldn't stand their little princesses not being treated like royalty every waking moment.

I feel better now.
|
newmann
11/7/2017 3:15pm Edited Date/Time 11/7/2017 3:19pm
It's all the rage now. You forgot the Baby Q, maybe it's a Texas thing.Laughing

Those school dances, my wife would have the house full of kids and their dates helping the girls with their hair and makeup. Like the daughters she never had. Some of them still come around occasionally and ask to use our house for their baby showers and parties. Good times!
borg
11/7/2017 3:21pm
I have a pat answer when someone invites me to their one year old's birthday party: No thanks. I'll come when they're old enough to drink.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/7/2017 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 11/7/2017 3:34pm
WTF is a Baby Q? Never heard of that one before. BBQ when someone has a kid? Honestly have no idea.

Really must be a Texas thing

The Shop

peelout
11/7/2017 3:34pm
gender reveals are fucking horrible and so are the people that have them.

house reveals? what the fuck is that?

everybody in this day and age needs to solidify their position in their social circle, everyone wants everybody else to look at them and say "wow, they are so interesting and cool and what a cool idea having a gender reveal for their 4th fucking kid, like i'm so glad they are announcing to the world that their 4th little bag of shit is a boy".
reded
11/7/2017 4:08pm
peelout wrote:
gender reveals are fucking horrible and so are the people that have them. house reveals? what the fuck is that? everybody in this day and age...

everybody in this day and age needs to solidify their position in their social circle, everyone wants everybody else to look at them and say "wow, they are so interesting and cool and what a cool idea having a gender reveal for their 4th fucking kid, like i'm so glad they are announcing to the world that their 4th little bag of shit is a boy".
I couldn't have said it any better.
If you wanna have a party, have a party but don't have a party for the sake of being the center of attention because you're doing something that a few billion people have already done.
ledger
11/7/2017 4:17pm
little bag of shit is a boy". LaughingLaughing
newmann
11/7/2017 4:25pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
WTF is a Baby Q? Never heard of that one before. BBQ when someone has a kid? Honestly have no idea. Really must be a Texas...
WTF is a Baby Q? Never heard of that one before. BBQ when someone has a kid? Honestly have no idea.

Any of the above mentioned baby things with my requirement of BBQ as food. Why? Because it’s BBQ.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
11/7/2017 4:34pm
Baby reveal? When did this become a thing?
JRT812
11/7/2017 4:56pm
one door being unlocked and the other door locked at a business.

Having a meeting about the meeting we just had...it’s called minutes... take a gander

Blocking the box at a light or no blinker... both rank the same

When no mayo is understood as please add half a jar of mayo on my burger
Hut
11/7/2017 4:57pm
peelout wrote:
gender reveals are fucking horrible and so are the people that have them. house reveals? what the fuck is that? everybody in this day and age...

This is fucking hilarious!
But that Baby Q thing don't sound like a bad idea, I'll be outside....
JRT812
11/7/2017 4:58pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
WTF is a Baby Q? Never heard of that one before. BBQ when someone has a kid? Honestly have no idea. Really must be a Texas...

newmann wrote:
Any of the above mentioned baby things with my requirement of BBQ as food. Why? Because it’s BBQ.
we don’t do the baby Q thing here in TN that I’m aware of, but I’m on board if some good BBQ and beer are there.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/7/2017 5:08pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

newmann wrote:
Hey, if it gives people an excuse to have BBQ, I'll jump aboard that train. All good with me.
JAFO92
11/7/2017 5:10pm
ToolMaker wrote:
I dont know when, but its hoaky if you ask me.

And whats up with those ridiculously huge Homecoming mums?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/7/2017 5:13pm
ToolMaker wrote:
Umm...years ago. You've never seen a video clip of a couple cutting a cake which then reveals pink or blue icing in the middle or someone popping a balloon full of pink or blue confetti or anything of the sort that reveals the babies gender?

I'm guessing you're not part of the tech crowd?

As Peely mentioned, it's lame.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/7/2017 5:14pm
ToolMaker wrote:
JAFO92 wrote:
I dont know when, but its hoaky if you ask me.

And whats up with those ridiculously huge Homecoming mums?
Homecoming moms....living in the past where they were 30lbs lighter lol.
MR. X
11/7/2017 5:16pm Edited Date/Time 11/7/2017 5:18pm
My wife and i did a gender reveal . Guess when we did it , the moment the baby came out dripping in blood and nasty shit . It was harder to not know the sex of the baby ,by the end of the pregnancy i wanted to tell everyone to fuck off ,nonstop bugging from friends and family about HAVING to find out the sex before the baby was born.
The one that really bugs me is the women who want a "push present" for all their hard work . Bitch,you get a baby for your efforts
11/7/2017 5:29pm
My wife asked me about this. Before she finished the sentence it was NO. she agreed. Haha.

I get house warming parties. For your first home. Not for every house you buy in your life. Got one friend has one every time he buys a house which is like every 3 years. Pisses me off.
akillerwombat
11/7/2017 5:35pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Hey, if it gives people an excuse to have BBQ, I'll jump aboard that train. All good with me.
A'men.

Good food goes a long way when being forced to deal with dumb shit.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
11/7/2017 6:27pm Edited Date/Time 11/7/2017 6:31pm
peelout wrote:

This is shit Ive never heard of before I read this thread, honestly.

But Peely, your post delivers! Funny shit!

Edit: This thread delivers. All the best posters are showin’ up! Classic one is developing!
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
11/7/2017 7:13pm
A half man half dingo eating my pickle?! No thanks.
Silly
JRT812
11/7/2017 7:23pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
A half man half dingo eating my pickle?! No thanks.
Silly
Hahaha
Hut
11/7/2017 7:26pm
Sounds like a reveal party is basically the same thing as a clicking on a "spoke with my wallet" thread, except you might get to see a cool 2 stroke... Laughing
captmoto
11/7/2017 7:39pm
I would love to sabotage a reveal cake and have it deep dark chocolate brown on the inside.

Promposals, fucking ridiculous. I know a kid that spent like $200 and got shot down. Guys with steady dates that have to jump through the same hoop, what is she going to say, no?

Coed wedding showers. FML. The closest we got was a bunch of guys meeting at a bar for some beers while the wimmins had their hen party then went over after for some bbq and a real party.

wreckitrandy
11/7/2017 9:51pm
The world is going to some de-masculinized state of tune so fast it's pathetic. People inviting you to a party to 'reveal' which gender baby they're having. Essentially, they're tuning you up for the present they expect you to bring? How about this,,,, when you have your baby, you bring me a cigar? I'll look at your baby pictures and say,,,'You can't deny that one.' and we'll go on our way. You, to cleaning spooge off your baby's bottom. Me, to cleaning spooge off my smoker's silencer.
ledger
11/7/2017 11:03pm Edited Date/Time 11/8/2017 12:31am
Men going to baby showers, glad I missed that era....
Ted722
11/7/2017 11:37pm
Vintage baby gender reveal. BITD, my Dad was in the delivery room and just as my sister was born, he exclaimed "look Doc, no balls !!" A story the family's heard only 68 times...with Mom rolling her eyes 68 times too. Wink
MJC
11/8/2017 12:13am
Bunch of fucking "look at me" turds. Hand in hand with Facebook and instagram shit. Why is everyone these days seeking the approval of others? Just do your own shit and get on with life

Post a reply to: Couple more things that just kind of piss me off......

The Latest