Country Tunes

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
6/17/2018 12:31am
Jrewing wrote:
Fuck me Ezza. My old man used to play Maggie. I thought a whole lot less of him too for it. He had Charlie pride but...
Fuck me Ezza. My old man used to play Maggie. I thought a whole lot less of him too for it. He had Charlie pride but I was just confused by a black cowboy.. still am.
He had good taste in music normally then got old
Meant to post this one but, was choochn' and on the gurgles. This was the one of theirs he really enjoyed.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
6/17/2018 12:36am
Sorry if I'm getting "loose" with the genre.

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
6/17/2018 2:01am
Smile Thank you mate. It'll be 7 years on the 1st of July. Every thought of him puts a smile on my face.

The Shop

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
6/17/2018 2:42am Edited Date/Time 6/17/2018 2:43am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I hate country and think it absolutely sucks but as a Canadian all I have to say is... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/16/268591/s1200_661Ba0Vb_400x400.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/16/268592/s1200_Shania_Twain_shania_twain_43996_1024_768.jpg[/img] That is all.
I hate country and think it absolutely sucks but as a Canadian all I have to say is...

That is all.
I'd turn down the volume on her videos and just watch her... Maybe in the top two or three prettiest women I've ever seen. What a...
I'd turn down the volume on her videos and just watch her... Maybe in the top two or three prettiest women I've ever seen. What a dummy Mutt is.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Agreed. Mutt Lange is a tool bag. I don't know much about country but I know that much.
I'm not a fan of modern rock/pop/country, nor am I a fan of any of the the current shite.

I dig all kinds of music (my favourite band is Pennywise) but with most country music, I always think of some hard cunt in a seedy bar with a whiskey, cigarette smoke and a mad story behind it all. Drink!
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
6/17/2018 2:46am
This is cool as fuck. It's kind of country... Willy fucken Nelson!

Ted722
6/17/2018 6:27am
Certain songs or artists can bring you back to a very specific time and memory. My Dad and I just caught some trout after a 5am fishing excursion on Trnity Lake in the Shasta-Trinity National forest. He'd play some Willie and Ray tunes as he was cooking up breakfast in the campsite. Good memories.

My playlist (cassette), on the other hand, in the early 80's was a little more rebel if you will. Wore out my Hank Jr. cassettes!

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/17/2018 8:32am
I'd turn down the volume on her videos and just watch her... Maybe in the top two or three prettiest women I've ever seen. What a...
I'd turn down the volume on her videos and just watch her... Maybe in the top two or three prettiest women I've ever seen. What a dummy Mutt is.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Agreed. Mutt Lange is a tool bag. I don't know much about country but I know that much.
EZZA 95B wrote:
I'm not a fan of modern rock/pop/country, nor am I a fan of any of the the current shite. I dig all kinds of music (my...
I'm not a fan of modern rock/pop/country, nor am I a fan of any of the the current shite.

I dig all kinds of music (my favourite band is Pennywise) but with most country music, I always think of some hard cunt in a seedy bar with a whiskey, cigarette smoke and a mad story behind it all. Drink!
I like punk rock and metal with the occasional modern day song (stuff like Pink) from the radio but that's about it. No country, rap, r&b, blues, classical, EDM, etc. In this household.

First CD I bought was Pennywise Straight Ahead and they're still my favorite band. Can't go wrong with old AFI either.

With country I think trucks, tractors, women, alcohol, etc. Kind of depressing really lol. That said I'm from the country and wouldn't change a thing.
Tracktor
6/19/2018 10:10am
Pretty much anything by-
John Prine
Robert Earl Keen
Cross Canadian Ragweed
David Allan Coe
Waylon
Willie
Kris
Johnny

kwhite199
6/19/2018 4:01pm
One from my dad's favorite singer. I grew up listening to country, but then tried several other forms of music over the years. I made my way back to country, but mainly the older stuff. Most of the newer stuff is mediocre at best.

JAFO92
6/19/2018 5:00pm
LOVE Gene Watson. Gene lives in Houston and we go see him play small venues all the time. Been listening to him for 40 years now and since he was just down the road he would play our County Fair very often. He is one of the nicest guys ever, will stay after shows and BS as long as you want. He's also a 'car guy' and did paint & body work when he was younger, so he loves talking anything with an engine !

In the country biz, he is called "The singer's singer" because his peers admire his voice so much.
TXDirt
6/19/2018 5:15pm
JAFO92 wrote:
LOVE Gene Watson. Gene lives in Houston and we go see him play small venues all the time. Been listening to him for 40 years now...
LOVE Gene Watson. Gene lives in Houston and we go see him play small venues all the time. Been listening to him for 40 years now and since he was just down the road he would play our County Fair very often. He is one of the nicest guys ever, will stay after shows and BS as long as you want. He's also a 'car guy' and did paint & body work when he was younger, so he loves talking anything with an engine !

In the country biz, he is called "The singer's singer" because his peers admire his voice so much.
I lived in the Magnolia/Woodlands area for around 10 years. We need to connect and share a beer sometime.

This was my favorite station in Houston. I'm in Dallas now but can stream it over the internet still.

Country Legends 97.1.

https://www.countrylegends971.com/stream/

Every time we come down 45 to Houston from Dallas we tune into this station.

Post a reply to: Country Tunes

The Latest