Cord cutter

agn5009
Hey guys, I recently became a cord cutter. I got an amazon fire tv box and purchased Sling tv. I know a bunch of guys here have cut the cord as well.

So does anyone have any idea how I can watch NFL games live? I don't think an antenna is possible because the local media stations are farther than 50 miles from my house. There are no streaming services that offer live local stations in my area that I'm aware of. From what I can gather purchasing the expensive NFL package would be my only option. Does anyone have any other ideas on how I can watch the games?
|
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
8/19/2017 6:49pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2017 6:50pm
agn5009 wrote:
Hey guys, I recently became a cord cutter. I got an amazon fire tv box and purchased Sling tv. I know a bunch of guys here...
Hey guys, I recently became a cord cutter. I got an amazon fire tv box and purchased Sling tv. I know a bunch of guys here have cut the cord as well.

So does anyone have any idea how I can watch NFL games live? I don't think an antenna is possible because the local media stations are farther than 50 miles from my house. There are no streaming services that offer live local stations in my area that I'm aware of. From what I can gather purchasing the expensive NFL package would be my only option. Does anyone have any other ideas on how I can watch the games?
Someone can fire break the fire stick and you have everything, even movies in theater. Possibly old football games. I don't know what the term means I just know I paid I think 50 bucks for it fire broke off cl.

I think I meant jailbreak but don't know. Flame on to the techy folks
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/19/2017 7:12pm
You might want to look into PlayStation Vue. Unfortunately for me it's not available in Canada but from what I've read it's awesome. Different monthly TV packages to choose from and it's really affordable compared to regular cable/satellite. Right now between my internet and satellite bill it's costing me around 275$ a month. I believe if I had access to PlayStation Vue my monthly bill for both internet and PS Vue would be under 100$ a month for the same type of TV/Satellite package.

Obviously you would need a PlayStation console but it does more than just gaming. As I said PS Vue, Gaming, Blu Ray player for movies, etc. There's different apps on the console to choose from and I think NFL is one of them so you might not even need PS Vue. You might just have to download/install that app and pay the cost if it. Not sure what the cost of it is.

That's another option you could look into.

agn5009
8/19/2017 7:19pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
You might want to look into PlayStation Vue. Unfortunately for me it's not available in Canada but from what I've read it's awesome. Different monthly TV...
You might want to look into PlayStation Vue. Unfortunately for me it's not available in Canada but from what I've read it's awesome. Different monthly TV packages to choose from and it's really affordable compared to regular cable/satellite. Right now between my internet and satellite bill it's costing me around 275$ a month. I believe if I had access to PlayStation Vue my monthly bill for both internet and PS Vue would be under 100$ a month for the same type of TV/Satellite package.

Obviously you would need a PlayStation console but it does more than just gaming. As I said PS Vue, Gaming, Blu Ray player for movies, etc. There's different apps on the console to choose from and I think NFL is one of them so you might not even need PS Vue. You might just have to download/install that app and pay the cost if it. Not sure what the cost of it is.

I actually have checked out the Vue. They don't have locals in my area either. I don't remember why me and the wife decided against the Vue but it had something to do with lack of channels. I don't think the vue had Viacom channels which includes comedy central and either Disney or Nickelodeon (can't remember which.) That was a deal breaker for us because my 3 year old loves those stations. They also didn't have a few channels my wife watches. Sling seems to be better suited for us.

Also, you don't need a playstation console to get vue. Just download the app is all. But yes, we were paying $120 per month for dish and now we're paying $35 per month I believe.
8/19/2017 8:43pm
They make some nicer/more expensive digital antennas that mount outside and have a much higher range, like 150-200mi. You can pick up TONS of "local" affiliate stations there. Otherwise, I personally love the RedZone Channel from NFL Network on my playstation vue through fire stick. However, when my Steelers are on, I gotta watch the whole game! Thankfully my mom gets the Sunday Ticket from directv and I access it online through my laptop and plug it into my TV Smile shhhhh

The Shop

71Fish
8/20/2017 6:33am
You don't need a PS console to run Vue. I use FIRE TV. I get pretty much every sports channel, to include the NFL network. I also get two locals, Fox and CBS, but every area is different as far as local channels go.

They are changing thier pricing structure and prices are going up slightly. The top tier is a little over $50.
ns503
8/20/2017 6:36am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
You might want to look into PlayStation Vue. Unfortunately for me it's not available in Canada but from what I've read it's awesome. Different monthly TV...

Holy crap - $275/mo?

Our internet here is around $60, and Shaw Direct around $70. (plus tax).

Do you have a home phone line? Might want to consider VOIP for that - we cut that cord in January, saved us $100/mo.
8/20/2017 6:49am
i have the NFL gamepass app installed and so far it has been great i'm from Belgium so it should work for you aswell, i installed the app on my smart tv registered and payed for the season and it has worked flawlesly so far.
https://www.nflgamepass.com
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/20/2017 8:33am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

ns503 wrote:
Holy crap - $275/mo? Our internet here is around $60, and Shaw Direct around $70. (plus tax). Do you have a home phone line? Might want...
Holy crap - $275/mo?

Do you have a home phone line? Might want to consider VOIP for that - we cut that cord in January, saved us $100/mo.
No phone line. We're with Bell for internet and satellite. Unlimited internet and the TV package we have is pretty big. There's 1 bigger TV package but I don't watch most of the stuff it has. Hell a lot of the channels on my current package I don't even watch. I'm just stuck with them since they come with some of the other channels I watch. Total bullshit if you ask me. I wish we could pay per channel instead of bundles.

Internet is 72$ a month. It's fast enough where I can stream Netflix/Games on the PS4 but not fast enough if I wanted to broadcast my gaming. Only 1 speed is available and I live in a decent size town. I'm not out in the country in the middle of nowhere. Kind of wish I was. Apartment living is not my idea of fun.

It's 5$ a month just for the timeshift package. Say I can't watch a show at 9pm I can catch it at midnight on a west coast channel.

HBO and The Movie Network alone is 30$ a month.

The only other option available is Videotron and I've compared both and it's right around the same price.

The worst part about it is the receiver doesn't even have a PVR. HD receiver but no PVR. Like WTF. I could call them and ask for it but they'll charge X amount per month for rental and after X amount of years it becomes yours.

I watch quite a bit of TV but I still wish it was cheaper.
borg
8/20/2017 9:51am
Maybe it's just in this area but I get:
All networks, ESPN, FSN, Dodgers, Golf channel, all cable news stations, tons more including HBO, Showtime, Cinemax.
60mbps internet
phone (big deal)
2 cable boxes and 1 with DVR.
$112/month. Spectrum
$50 of that is internet alone. To get the channels I want I would have to get more than 1 of the "skinny" streaming services and then there goes the savings.
ns503
8/20/2017 4:56pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

ns503 wrote:
Holy crap - $275/mo? Our internet here is around $60, and Shaw Direct around $70. (plus tax). Do you have a home phone line? Might want...
Holy crap - $275/mo?

-MAVERICK- wrote:
No phone line. We're with Bell for internet and satellite. Unlimited internet and the TV package we have is pretty big. There's 1 bigger TV package...
No phone line. We're with Bell for internet and satellite. Unlimited internet and the TV package we have is pretty big. There's 1 bigger TV package but I don't watch most of the stuff it has. Hell a lot of the channels on my current package I don't even watch. I'm just stuck with them since they come with some of the other channels I watch. Total bullshit if you ask me. I wish we could pay per channel instead of bundles.

Internet is 72$ a month. It's fast enough where I can stream Netflix/Games on the PS4 but not fast enough if I wanted to broadcast my gaming. Only 1 speed is available and I live in a decent size town. I'm not out in the country in the middle of nowhere. Kind of wish I was. Apartment living is not my idea of fun.

It's 5$ a month just for the timeshift package. Say I can't watch a show at 9pm I can catch it at midnight on a west coast channel.

HBO and The Movie Network alone is 30$ a month.

The only other option available is Videotron and I've compared both and it's right around the same price.

The worst part about it is the receiver doesn't even have a PVR. HD receiver but no PVR. Like WTF. I could call them and ask for it but they'll charge X amount per month for rental and after X amount of years it becomes yours.

I watch quite a bit of TV but I still wish it was cheaper.
Another change we made in January was from Exvu to Shaw Direct. Cheaper and got 2 new receivers, one a dvr. Very happy with it.
SKlein
8/21/2017 7:57am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2017 7:59am
NFLStreams has all the games and RedZone each week. The threads won't show up until the day of the games, but it's worked plenty fine for me in the past. Once you get that going on your PC/Laptop there's tons of ways to get that up to your TV.

Post a reply to: Cord cutter

The Latest