Cool Sports Traditions

Related:
Create New Tag

7/30/2018 3:30 PM

What are some of the cool sports traditions you know of? This is a fairly new tradition but is so frickin awesome.

Lets share some cool sports traditions.
|

7/30/2018 3:40 PM

|

7/30/2018 3:47 PM

|

7/30/2018 3:58 PM

The flyover is always awesome.

|

7/30/2018 5:03 PM

a very New Zealand one,
the Haka, a traditional Maori war dance, made famous by the all blacks,

but when you have 2 schools with thier own ones go off against each other it can be pretty hair raising,

|

7/30/2018 7:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2018 7:54 PM

scott_nz wrote:

a very New Zealand one,

but when you have 2 schools with thier own ones go off against each other it can be pretty hair raising,

Man, that was cool. I went looking and found the All Blacks video. They made a believer out of me! Fully conveyed their intentions! I've always been a AFL fan since the first game I saw many years ago. That's a rough game... Much worse that the NFL. The rugby, I just can't get into though. Thanks for sharing.

|

7/30/2018 8:04 PM

At the University of Houston we sell beer and liqour inside the stadium

|

7/30/2018 11:41 PM

wreckitrandy wrote:

Man, that was cool. I went looking and found the All Blacks video. They made a believer out of me! Fully conveyed their intentions! I've always been a AFL fan since the first game I saw many years ago. That's a rough game... Much worse that the NFL. The rugby, I just can't get into though. Thanks for sharing.

AFL is much better live than on TV, went to a game at the MCG and loved it, most live sport is awesome,

|

7/31/2018 3:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2018 3:04 AM

scott_nz wrote:

a very New Zealand one,

Always gets the hairs standing on the back of my neck! Had to embed for ya... MMMMAAAAAVVVRIIIIC?!

|

7/31/2018 3:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2018 3:16 AM

scott_nz wrote:

a very New Zealand one,

Can you take back Dick Wilkins please?

|

7/31/2018 4:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/31/2018 4:18 AM

TXDirt wrote:

What are some of the cool sports traditions you know of? This is a fairly new tradition but is so frickin awesome.

Lets share some cool sports traditions.

I don't know when this started but I saw it for the first time last season. Really cool and the kids loved it.

|

No Signature.

7/31/2018 6:57 AM

Indy 500 ...
Memorial Day Sunday
Taps
Back Home in Indiana ... RIP Mr Nabors
Milk drank by the winner

|

8/2/2018 11:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2018 11:19 AM

I like the milk drunk by the Indy 500 winner too.

Rivalries are a tradition too. The old "stealing your rival's mascot" deal is hilarious. The best ever, however, was Yale infiltrating Harvard's crowd sign group and changing the message:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

8/2/2018 4:13 PM

F1 guys Spraying Champagne is a cool sports tradition that US National Motocross should take up. Except we don't want to see Eli Tomac drinking Champagne out of his motocross boots like Ricky-Ardo drinks it out of his racing shoe. That is gross!

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

8/2/2018 4:27 PM

Reese95w wrote:

F1 guys Spraying Champagne is a cool sports tradition that US National Motocross should take up. Except we don't want to see Eli Tomac drinking Champagne out of his motocross boots like Ricky-Ardo drinks it out of his racing shoe. That is gross!

That tradition started with Dan Gurney after his win with AJ foyt at Le Mans.

I like the hockey octopus at Detroit too.

|

8/2/2018 5:40 PM

|

8/2/2018 6:45 PM

KC tailgating and standing for the National Anthem are cool IMO.

|

8/5/2018 10:44 PM

|

8/6/2018 12:08 AM

reded wrote:

KC tailgating and standing for the National Anthem are cool IMO.

I love going to Arrowhead and hearing "Home of the CHIEFS" at the end of the National Anthem. Taking my daughter to her first game at Arrowhead for the preseason opener.

|

8/6/2018 7:17 AM

TXDirt wrote:

That was awesome! Can’t wait for college football to start

|

8/6/2018 8:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2018 8:46 AM

Go REDS!!

Can`t talk about sports traditions without a tradition that's unique to Auburn! We fly 2 eagles Spirit (Bald eagle) and Nova (Golden eagle), both sometimes manage to spice things up (Spirit hit the press box and Nova hit the goalpost). I think one is used for the day games and the other for the night games.

]
|

War Eagle