Congress "Legalizing Weed"...?

TeamGreen
4/1/2022 7:49am Edited Date/Time 4/23/2022 4:24pm
With all the absolutely wrong, stupid, insane things they do...or don't do...they're actually looking to do their job and get "Cannabis" de-listed and actually enable it to be "legal''...

Federally

Here's the thing, they're ADDING "Stiff Penalties" regarding non-taxed or Boot-Leg Weed, if you will, and that seems to be where the fight may end up being...well, beyond the old drunk folks in there that love their booze; but, say that 'Marijuana id THE DEVIL!"
Grinning
|
4/1/2022 7:58am
TeamGreen wrote:
With all the absolutely wrong, stupid, insane things they do...or don't do...they're actually looking to do their job and get "Cannabis" de-listed and actually enable it...
With all the absolutely wrong, stupid, insane things they do...or don't do...they're actually looking to do their job and get "Cannabis" de-listed and actually enable it to be "legal''...

Federally

Here's the thing, they're ADDING "Stiff Penalties" regarding non-taxed or Boot-Leg Weed, if you will, and that seems to be where the fight may end up being...well, beyond the old drunk folks in there that love their booze; but, say that 'Marijuana id THE DEVIL!"
Grinning
Be the same or similar to alcohol, no? You can homebrew, but volume distributing requires taxes paid. I don't foresee it being a sticking point.
TeamGreen
4/1/2022 8:00am
TeamGreen wrote:
With all the absolutely wrong, stupid, insane things they do...or don't do...they're actually looking to do their job and get "Cannabis" de-listed and actually enable it...

Federally

Grinning
Be the same or similar to alcohol, no? You can homebrew, but volume distributing requires taxes paid. I don't foresee it being a sticking point.
Just remember, we're talking about "The Congress" Grinning
APLMAN99
4/1/2022 12:47pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Federally

Grinning
Not sure what the House bill says, but I'm pretty sure that at the state level up here you can't just legally grow your own pot. You have to get a license for it, so it is still a little bit more restrictive than alcohol. That may have changed since they first legalized it, though.

I've never been a user of the devil's lettuce, but it's about time that we stopped treating it as some abhorrent substance that will ruin everyone's lives. Since the legalization up here there hasn't been a huge increase in usage or issues, we just aren't throwing people in jail and ruining their lives just because they choose a different intoxicant than I prefer to.....

And as I've said many times, I'd much prefer to hire people who use cannabis for relaxation than someone who abuses a 'federally legal' substance like opioids.....!!!!!
4/1/2022 12:51pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Not sure what the House bill says, but I'm pretty sure that at the state level up here you can't just legally grow your own pot...
Not sure what the House bill says, but I'm pretty sure that at the state level up here you can't just legally grow your own pot. You have to get a license for it, so it is still a little bit more restrictive than alcohol. That may have changed since they first legalized it, though.

I've never been a user of the devil's lettuce, but it's about time that we stopped treating it as some abhorrent substance that will ruin everyone's lives. Since the legalization up here there hasn't been a huge increase in usage or issues, we just aren't throwing people in jail and ruining their lives just because they choose a different intoxicant than I prefer to.....

And as I've said many times, I'd much prefer to hire people who use cannabis for relaxation than someone who abuses a 'federally legal' substance like opioids.....!!!!!
Huh, I thought I recalled it being legal to have something like 2 plants for personal use, but apparently NJ and WA are 2 of the 3 states that specifically prohibit homegrowing for personal use.

The Shop

Chance1216
4/1/2022 6:14pm
I’m ignorant to the legalities of it all. It’s been many years since I’ve smoked. So, federally legal..... Does that mean employers can’t fire you if you’re injured on a job, failed a UA because you smoked the night before? Right now, there’s several job sites I’m working on requiring a UA before you even step foot on it. Positive for weed means you will not be working, will look like an ass hat to your employer and, possibly fired atm. Sorry if this is slightly off topic but, I wonder how this will affect pre employment testing in the construction trades.
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
4/1/2022 6:28pm
Chance1216 wrote:
I’m ignorant to the legalities of it all. It’s been many years since I’ve smoked. So, federally legal..... Does that mean employers can’t fire you if...
I’m ignorant to the legalities of it all. It’s been many years since I’ve smoked. So, federally legal..... Does that mean employers can’t fire you if you’re injured on a job, failed a UA because you smoked the night before? Right now, there’s several job sites I’m working on requiring a UA before you even step foot on it. Positive for weed means you will not be working, will look like an ass hat to your employer and, possibly fired atm. Sorry if this is slightly off topic but, I wonder how this will affect pre employment testing in the construction trades.
Employers can still fire you but it'd likely be treated like alcohol. Don't show up to work high, what you do on your day off is up to you.
APLMAN99
4/1/2022 6:37pm
Chance1216 wrote:
I’m ignorant to the legalities of it all. It’s been many years since I’ve smoked. So, federally legal..... Does that mean employers can’t fire you if...
Not sure about construction, but when we hire new employees at our manufacturing plant we don’t test for pot anymore during preemployment drug testing.

We do test for it post-accident, though, but I’m not sure what the ‘threshold’ is, how they measure it, etc.
TXDirt
4/1/2022 6:40pm
I think all drugs should be legal. May sound crazy but I think it’s ridiculous I have to pay to make an appointment and try and justify my back pain to the man in the white coat. Only to be told no and treated like a drug addict. I’m 40+ years old. I know when I have back pain and I know what helps it. Now I just suffer in silence.

Trust me the bullshit 800mg ibuprofen doesn’t touch this kind of pain. And who knows what that amount of medication does to your liver.

Recently my daughter had pink eye. Had to make an appointment. Get the prescription. The pharmacy closed before we could get it. Then the next day they had no record of getting it. Surprise it’s Saturday so our family dr office was closed. Couldn’t even get it until Monday. Unbelievable.

Why can’t my wife go down and get pink eye medication? Insanity.

Back to suffering in pain. Guess what? The drug abusers still find a way to get what they want. Meanwhile, decent folk who follow these inept laws are the ones suffering.

Make drugs legal. You want hydrocodone show your ID and get a months worth. They do it with allergy medication we can do it with pain medication.

I just get sick and tired trying to justify my pain to another person and then treated like some druggie.

So I just suffer in pain…
APLMAN99
4/1/2022 6:42pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Not sure what the House bill says, but I'm pretty sure that at the state level up here you can't just legally grow your own pot...

Huh, I thought I recalled it being legal to have something like 2 plants for personal use, but apparently NJ and WA are 2 of the...
Huh, I thought I recalled it being legal to have something like 2 plants for personal use, but apparently NJ and WA are 2 of the 3 states that specifically prohibit homegrowing for personal use.
It was kind of confusing at first because some people with medical authorizations to grow their own before it was legalized for everyone were still able to grow a small amount for themselves, I think, but I thought that those exceptions went away too.

I don’t think that law enforcement really cares or puts a lot of effort into busting someone growing a small amount, though. Unless it’s someone growing enough to sell but isn’t licensed or permitted, it probably doesn’t even register.
Chance1216
4/1/2022 8:07pm
TXDirt wrote:
I think all drugs should be legal. May sound crazy but I think it’s ridiculous I have to pay to make an appointment and try and...
I think all drugs should be legal. May sound crazy but I think it’s ridiculous I have to pay to make an appointment and try and justify my back pain to the man in the white coat. Only to be told no and treated like a drug addict. I’m 40+ years old. I know when I have back pain and I know what helps it. Now I just suffer in silence.

Trust me the bullshit 800mg ibuprofen doesn’t touch this kind of pain. And who knows what that amount of medication does to your liver.

Recently my daughter had pink eye. Had to make an appointment. Get the prescription. The pharmacy closed before we could get it. Then the next day they had no record of getting it. Surprise it’s Saturday so our family dr office was closed. Couldn’t even get it until Monday. Unbelievable.

Back to suffering in pain. Guess what? The drug abusers still find a way to get what they want. Meanwhile, decent folk who follow these inept laws are the ones suffering.

Make drugs legal. You want hydrocodone show your ID and get a months worth. They do it with allergy medication we can do it with pain medication.

I just get sick and tired trying to justify my pain to another person and then treated like some druggie.

When my wife was ill, she was in constant pain. Getting any type of pain killer was a pain in the ass. She had cancer so, you could only imagine the pain she was dealing with daily and, throughout the day. The medical system is a joke when a person is actually in need of something to ease their pain.
4/1/2022 9:54pm
The government is so broke they’ll do anything to raise money, how pathetic. No more Johnny on the corner . Selling the local anti static. The Clash, safe European home lyrics. They hv the weed dc guarded like fort knocks, check out the cameras. I dp a trl next door in Dayton Ohio.
HD1200
4/2/2022 6:33am
TXDirt wrote:
I think all drugs should be legal. May sound crazy but I think it’s ridiculous I have to pay to make an appointment and try and...

IMO, not crazy at all. They should be legalized, all drugs. The war on drugs is a freaking joke, they absolutely ruin lives instead of helping. They charge users with felony's that will haunt them for the rest of their lives for possession of any amount of some types of drugs. Not only that but why should the government be able to choose what "you" put in or do with your own body as long as you don't harm anyone or put anyone else in harms way? Many get started on addictive drugs for many different reasons, pain, recreational, bad home life, etc to only stay on a downward spiral at home, at work, lose jobs, break up families, get arrested for possession, jail time, the list goes on. No help for them unless they are wealthy or have wealthy families. Put the money that goes into the war on drugs into drug rehab centers to help fight addiction instead of ignoring the facts. The only thing the war on drugs insures is that the people supplying the drugs will keep doing so while causing harm to everyone buying them by not regulating them by allowing deadly chemicals to be introduced. I could keep going but what's the point. To many people like to think and believe that whatever their opinion is on drugs should be everyone's opinion, people shouldn't do drugs because I don't like drugs.
4/2/2022 6:47am
Don’t know what a bag cost but I,m guessing it’s at least 100 bucks. So where do people get the cash to drop 100-200 a week. They steal and hustle. My Dayton Ohio del was rescheduled. So I had to pay for a parking spot at a pilot and did my laundry. Truck stop was full of meth heads etc. I helped a black driver with a trl repair. Later on he was inside when I was doing my wash. He offered me a organic coconut and grapes. 3 locals with a hockey bag of stolen property where real pushy trying to get us to buy the stuff. I told them no where not interested. 1 then tried to sell his women. I said where not interest in your whore women . I told you to leave so beat it.
early
Fantasy
2139th
4/3/2022 8:19am
Seems to me like pharmacists have a conflict of interest on this issue.

jjavaman
Fantasy
3706th
4/3/2022 9:38am
early wrote:
Seems to me like pharmacists have a conflict of interest on this issue. .@RepBuddyCarter calls marijuana a gateway drug, but his pharmacy was a gateway...

That guy should be locked up
borg
4/3/2022 10:27am
TXDirt wrote:

I also have back issues. I'll keep this short. A single 800mg Ibu did nothing for me. I took another one the next day and it helped. I found that Ibu will work if you keep taking it. I'm down to one 200mg in the morning and another one in four hours. I'm able to get through the day with minimal pain. I do worry about the damage it may cause to my kidneys though. My doctor said that at 400mg/day, I shouldn't be too concerned.
SoCalMX70
4/3/2022 11:48am Edited Date/Time 4/3/2022 11:48am
TXDirt wrote:

borg wrote:
I also have back issues. I'll keep this short. A single 800mg Ibu did nothing for me. I took another one the next day and it...
I also have back issues. I'll keep this short. A single 800mg Ibu did nothing for me. I took another one the next day and it helped. I found that Ibu will work if you keep taking it. I'm down to one 200mg in the morning and another one in four hours. I'm able to get through the day with minimal pain. I do worry about the damage it may cause to my kidneys though. My doctor said that at 400mg/day, I shouldn't be too concerned.
The way to go is Ibuprofen + Tylenol. It has a 1+1=3 effect. That's what I take a few times a week before bed when I'm having some issues (knees, left hip, back). Good sleep and I wake up pain free. Not implying my pain at 37 years old is comparable... Just a suggestion as something to try.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
918th
4/3/2022 1:21pm
TXDirt wrote:

borg wrote:
I also have back issues. I'll keep this short. A single 800mg Ibu did nothing for me. I took another one the next day and it...
SoCalMX70 wrote:
The way to go is Ibuprofen + Tylenol. It has a 1+1=3 effect. That's what I take a few times a week before bed when I'm...
The way to go is Ibuprofen + Tylenol. It has a 1+1=3 effect. That's what I take a few times a week before bed when I'm having some issues (knees, left hip, back). Good sleep and I wake up pain free. Not implying my pain at 37 years old is comparable... Just a suggestion as something to try.
Does this really work? I feel nothing from Tylenol on it’s own but do use ibuprofen
SoCalMX70
4/3/2022 1:50pm
borg wrote:
SoCalMX70 wrote:
The way to go is Ibuprofen + Tylenol. It has a 1+1=3 effect. That's what I take a few times a week before bed when I'm...
SKIDLID wrote:
Does this really work? I feel nothing from Tylenol on it’s own but do use ibuprofen
I do go with Ibuprofen on its own sometimes for minor relief because I feel the same about Tylenol on its own. Combined though, there is a huge difference in my experience.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
918th
4/3/2022 2:04pm
SoCalMX70 wrote:
SKIDLID wrote:
SoCalMX70 wrote:
I do go with Ibuprofen on its own sometimes for minor relief because I feel the same about Tylenol on its own. Combined though, there is...
I do go with Ibuprofen on its own sometimes for minor relief because I feel the same about Tylenol on its own. Combined though, there is a huge difference in my experience.
I will try them combined
borg
4/3/2022 2:08pm
SoCalMX70 wrote:
SKIDLID wrote:
SoCalMX70 wrote:
I do go with Ibuprofen on its own sometimes for minor relief because I feel the same about Tylenol on its own. Combined though, there is...
That's what my "pain specialist" told me. The problem is Tylenol plugs me up, plus I don't want to take any more drugs than I absolutely have to. I'm getting by for now. Waiting on a spine specialist but at least now I can work. You gotta pay these fuckers even if they don't fix anything.
plowboy
4/3/2022 3:14pm
One of the main problems with back injury and pain is that it's invisible and nearly impossible to diagnose the "level" of pain. My wife's surgeon told me this, "I have x-rayed a patient with absolutely no discs in their spine and complained of only mild pain...and I've been unable to find the cause of another's total incapacitation". My wife has enough metal in her to be a terminator, been through way to many "proceedures", and still lives in misery. She's voluntarily reduced her medication to the minimum required to keep from eating a bullet. We haven't tried medical marijuana...but I may travel out of state to get her some. If the Kansas cops catch me...it's probably death or life in prison.
7I3N
4/3/2022 3:15pm
early wrote:
Seems to me like pharmacists have a conflict of interest on this issue. .@RepBuddyCarter calls marijuana a gateway drug, but his pharmacy was a gateway...

We have the same problem in Utah. The senate majority leader is a pharmacist. He just introduced a bill to overturn parts of the medical cannabis act passed via a public petition. No conflict of interest there! Angry

SoCalMX70
4/3/2022 3:28pm
SKIDLID wrote:
SoCalMX70 wrote:
borg wrote:
That's what my "pain specialist" told me. The problem is Tylenol plugs me up, plus I don't want to take any more drugs than I absolutely...
That's what my "pain specialist" told me. The problem is Tylenol plugs me up, plus I don't want to take any more drugs than I absolutely have to. I'm getting by for now. Waiting on a spine specialist but at least now I can work. You gotta pay these fuckers even if they don't fix anything.
Yeah everyone's different and if you don't get along with certain meds it won't apply. I've just been lucky enough to have good relief with the combo method. Taking this combo one time a few days a week as opposed to popping ibuprofen twice a day feels like the way to go (for me).
SKIDLID
Fantasy
918th
4/3/2022 3:54pm
I some days take 9-12 ibuprofen a day. The more active I am usually the less to none I take. Kind of struggling this winter and back to at least 3 to start the day and who knows how many more to survive the day.
4/3/2022 9:05pm
SKIDLID wrote:
I some days take 9-12 ibuprofen a day. The more active I am usually the less to none I take. Kind of struggling this winter and...
I some days take 9-12 ibuprofen a day. The more active I am usually the less to none I take. Kind of struggling this winter and back to at least 3 to start the day and who knows how many more to survive the day.
9-12 a day is a lot. You ever put 1 on your tongue for a bit , they burn your tongue. I take ibuprofen too but only with solid food a heat lamp cheese burger usually. I broke my back in 96 surgery back then was real risky. I spent ovr 50k and had union insurance. Surgery finally on 10-2-02 . I had every therapy, injections there was. Pain killers put a shield over server
Nerve pain . I still hv some back problems. One time I could feel my disk coming out real slow. I yelled oh no. My belly button turned and pointed at my right hip and stayed like that. My left butt cheek , sciatic nerve, and the left leg to my foot is pain . Back will stay turned and bent ovr, it’s brutal. I don’t miss the other times where you can’t get on your feet. Ohio had non stop medical weed commercials on the radio today.
4/4/2022 10:19am
SKIDLID wrote:
I some days take 9-12 ibuprofen a day. The more active I am usually the less to none I take. Kind of struggling this winter and...
The only ibuprofen that works for me is this specific 1. Any drug otc or what ever goes threw your kidneys and liver. Maybe 3 times a yr I buy that liquid cleanse that is sold at weed stores. Cute little stoner chic wants to hook up next time I,m home. For back pain Vicodin is by far the best. Only use them when the pain is severe. When you start feeling a little better taper down.
Muttly
4/5/2022 8:09pm
I’ve never known anybody to smoke a bowl, drive the wrong way down the freeway, killing an innocent family of five. You never hear of a “violent pothead” that goes home and beats his wife/kids.

I take 2400mg of Ibuprofen a day. 800mg for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They tell me that’s dangerous, but so is chronic pain!
4/6/2022 1:59am Edited Date/Time 4/6/2022 2:05am
Muttly wrote:
I’ve never known anybody to smoke a bowl, drive the wrong way down the freeway, killing an innocent family of five. You never hear of a...
I’ve never known anybody to smoke a bowl, drive the wrong way down the freeway, killing an innocent family of five. You never hear of a “violent pothead” that goes home and beats his wife/kids.

I take 2400mg of Ibuprofen a day. 800mg for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They tell me that’s dangerous, but so is chronic pain!
It's not good for your kidneys and can cause bleeding. I had a young kid once who crashed his motorcycle and took Motrin for days after and ended up with bleeding and had to get a blood transfusion and possibly ended up in surgery. Everything is fine until it is not fine anymore.

Post a reply to: Congress "Legalizing Weed"...?

The Latest