Commercial Lawnmower for Personal Use

ForToo
Edited Date/Time 7/20/2022 10:02am
I bought an old Ransomes Bobcat 36" commercial walk behind a couple years ago. I love this thing and would take it over any consumer model offering at the local box stores. It's fast, cuts nicely, and despite being heavy, requires no more effort to cut than my 22" Craftsman. It may be overkill for my corner lot, but cutting in under 15 minutes is nice. Recently picked up a second one I may raise up and use as a trail mower at the land.
|
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
7/17/2022 9:06pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2022 10:02am
Check out my rig. My little Husqvarna rider for my house was acting up and i needed to bring my mower from the farm home but my enclosed trailer and my open trailer were too narrow for my zero turn so I just stacked some pallets and screwed them down to get the deck above the railing and just used the ramp sideways to load. Works for a rare occasion.

JRT812
7/18/2022 10:15am
Scag turf tiger..... its starting to nickel and dime me for some reason.....I am actually taking it to a shop so hopefully, they figure it out because it's paid for and I don't want to have to get a new mower. The Koehler engine has been bulletproof but is underpowered. If I end up doing it differently I would get a Kawasaki engine on either another scag or exmark. I used a neighbor's mover the other day Scag turf tiger II with a Kawasaki engine and it performed exactly the way I wanted my mower to perform when I bought it. I thought my expectations were too high for my mower until I rode his. Confirmed I settled and made the wrong decision
DPR250R
7/18/2022 1:29pm
ForToo wrote:
I bought an old Ransomes Bobcat 36" commercial walk behind a couple years ago. I love this thing and would take it over any consumer model...
I bought an old Ransomes Bobcat 36" commercial walk behind a couple years ago. I love this thing and would take it over any consumer model offering at the local box stores. It's fast, cuts nicely, and despite being heavy, requires no more effort to cut than my 22" Craftsman. It may be overkill for my corner lot, but cutting in under 15 minutes is nice. Recently picked up a second one I may raise up and use as a trail mower at the land.
I had something similar but it was to harsh on my lawn.

I live at the bottom of a hill in front of a swamp so my yard is always soft but too big for a 22”. I tried both a riding mower and 32” commercial. Both caused more harm than good.

Sold the 32” commercial and got a Toro Timemaster 30”. Perfect for my yard and much easier to use.

The Shop

plowboy
7/18/2022 1:43pm
I could be totally wrong but when I lived down the street from the Ransomes factory in Ipswich (on Ransomes Road...lol)...I thought their claim to fame was nice cutting machines for soccer fields, bowls greens, etc. I think they sold a lot of bigger machines for roadside verges. Quality stuff.
SEE ARE125
7/18/2022 2:26pm
JRT812 wrote:
Scag turf tiger..... its starting to nickel and dime me for some reason.....I am actually taking it to a shop so hopefully, they figure it out...
Scag turf tiger..... its starting to nickel and dime me for some reason.....I am actually taking it to a shop so hopefully, they figure it out because it's paid for and I don't want to have to get a new mower. The Koehler engine has been bulletproof but is underpowered. If I end up doing it differently I would get a Kawasaki engine on either another scag or exmark. I used a neighbor's mover the other day Scag turf tiger II with a Kawasaki engine and it performed exactly the way I wanted my mower to perform when I bought it. I thought my expectations were too high for my mower until I rode his. Confirmed I settled and made the wrong decision
I bought my 2nd Scag spring of last year. I went with the Tiger Cat II with the EFI Kawasaki. I wanted a 61”, but they had a sale on the 52” with Kawi. It was $2k cheaper than a 52” with a Kohler and like $800 cheaper than a 48” with a smaller Kawi? Didn’t make sense, so I assumed maybe that particular Kawasaki wasn’t desirable for whatever reason and possibly a dud but I went with it anyway. It’s been solid as a rock so far.
ns503
7/19/2022 3:21am
Semi-tangent. But speaking of lawnmowers. I spent 2 hours last night trying to seat the bead on a new rear tire on a second ride-on I picked up. Fail with much exasperation and all kinds of new four letter words. Round 2 coming up tonight. That has to be the most aggravating thing to try to do, ever.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
7/19/2022 7:08am
Yes the Kawasaki motor has been excellent.

Post a reply to: Commercial Lawnmower for Personal Use

The Latest