Chicago corruption..extends to Little League

borg
Edited Date/Time 2/13/2015 8:41pm
|
newmann
2/12/2015 12:49pm
Jesse Jackson is already on the case!

I hear some of the parents were pissed that the city gave the kids a parade instead of money...lmao.
2/12/2015 3:09pm
I feel bad for the kids. The comments at the end of article make the doofus posters on here look like a bunch of geniuses! Smile
Old-Man
2/12/2015 4:37pm
The kids are the ones that suffer in this, Cheating in sports has no boundaries and in this case the person or persons that had the bright idea to do it should be held responsible not the kids.
borg
2/12/2015 6:36pm
Old-Man wrote:
The kids are the ones that suffer in this, Cheating in sports has no boundaries and in this case the person or persons that had the...
The kids are the ones that suffer in this, Cheating in sports has no boundaries and in this case the person or persons that had the bright idea to do it should be held responsible not the kids.
Except that those kids would probably not have been there without the cheating. They most likely would have lost in an earlier round. It's not likely that they didn't know either. When I was in Little League, I knew everybody in our league or at least knew who they were. If you would have brought in ringers from another area, we all would have known it. No effen way they didn't know, but there was nothing the kids could have done about it. The guy that ratted them out is getting death threats now. What a clusterfuck.

The Shop

GMalzee
2/12/2015 7:12pm
Old-Man wrote:
The kids are the ones that suffer in this, Cheating in sports has no boundaries and in this case the person or persons that had the...
borg wrote:
Except that those kids would probably not have been there without the cheating. They most likely would have lost in an earlier round. It's not likely...
Except that those kids would probably not have been there without the cheating. They most likely would have lost in an earlier round. It's not likely that they didn't know either. When I was in Little League, I knew everybody in our league or at least knew who they were. If you would have brought in ringers from another area, we all would have known it. No effen way they didn't know, but there was nothing the kids could have done about it. The guy that ratted them out is getting death threats now. What a clusterfuck.
They didn't bring in ringers. The local little league redrew the boundaries without getting the approval of the other surrounding leagues.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/little-league-took-easy-route-in-punishing…

Here’s what happened: Kids from around Chicagoland joined JRW. A man named Chris Janes, who runs a league that lost a game 43-2 against JRW, complained to Little League International that the team used players from outside its boundaries. Little League investigated, found that JRW redrew the boundaries without consulting nearby leagues and stripped it of the 2014 U.S. title. In a statement, Little League president Stephen Keener said: “As painful as this is, we feel it a necessary decision to maintain the integrity of the Little League program.”
Old-Man
2/12/2015 7:27pm
Old-Man wrote:
borg wrote:
Except that those kids would probably not have been there without the cheating. They most likely would have lost in an earlier round. It's not likely...
GMalzee wrote:
They didn't bring in ringers. The local little league redrew the boundaries without getting the approval of the other surrounding leagues. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/little-league-took-easy-route-in-punishing-kids-for-wrongdoing-of-adults-202627363.html [b]Here’s what happened: Kids...
They didn't bring in ringers. The local little league redrew the boundaries without getting the approval of the other surrounding leagues.

Here’s what happened: Kids from around Chicagoland joined JRW. A man named Chris Janes, who runs a league that lost a game 43-2 against JRW, complained to Little League International that the team used players from outside its boundaries. Little League investigated, found that JRW redrew the boundaries without consulting nearby leagues and stripped it of the 2014 U.S. title. In a statement, Little League president Stephen Keener said: “As painful as this is, we feel it a necessary decision to maintain the integrity of the Little League program.”
Thats what i understood aswell... The kids didn't know they were playing illegally. As far as I understood it they thought everything was good to go.
The dude that was supposed to get the approval neglected to get it.
Kids were playing as if they did get it.
Jim Lahey
2/12/2015 7:50pm
Pretty sure Jesse Jackson has already tossed in the race card... its about to get ugly folks
borg
2/12/2015 8:48pm
borg wrote:
GMalzee wrote:
They didn't bring in ringers. The local little league redrew the boundaries without getting the approval of the other surrounding leagues. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/little-league-took-easy-route-in-punishing-kids-for-wrongdoing-of-adults-202627363.html [b]Here’s what happened: Kids...

Old-Man wrote:
Thats what i understood aswell... The kids didn't know they were playing illegally. As far as I understood it they thought everything was good to go...
Thats what i understood aswell... The kids didn't know they were playing illegally. As far as I understood it they thought everything was good to go.
The dude that was supposed to get the approval neglected to get it.
Kids were playing as if they did get it.
Interesting stuff. At some point, the facts will come out. I really do hope it wasn't blatant cheating. I had that team in my LLWS pool. I hope the truth comes out.
P
2/13/2015 7:55am
Old-Man wrote:
borg wrote:
GMalzee wrote:

Sad deal. There are a lot of underlying thins things that are fucked up as well.

1. A kid should be allowed to play wherever they want to play. I ran into this kind of thing when I was a kid.

2. Apparently, some of the kids lived in districts where their little league team decided not to compete in he National Tournament and the coaches had no problem with them playing with the team.

3. Would this have come out if they hadn't won the National title??? Seems like an easy thing to verify if you really want to.

4. Apparently there were two prior investigations and everything was cleared.

It will be interesting to see f this is he end of everything.

P

2/13/2015 8:30am
Jim Lahey wrote:
Pretty sure Jesse Jackson has already tossed in the race card... its about to get ugly folks
They're always trying to keep the people down who think that the rules and laws don't apply to them. I guess Al is laying low because of all that nonsense about him owing millions of dollars in taxes?
borg
2/13/2015 8:41pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2015 8:45pm
P wrote:
Sad deal. There are a lot of underlying thins things that are fucked up as well. 1. A kid should be allowed to play wherever they...
Sad deal. There are a lot of underlying thins things that are fucked up as well.

1. A kid should be allowed to play wherever they want to play. I ran into this kind of thing when I was a kid.

2. Apparently, some of the kids lived in districts where their little league team decided not to compete in he National Tournament and the coaches had no problem with them playing with the team.

3. Would this have come out if they hadn't won the National title??? Seems like an easy thing to verify if you really want to.

4. Apparently there were two prior investigations and everything was cleared.

It will be interesting to see f this is he end of everything.

P

Did they cheat or not?

Post a reply to: Chicago corruption..extends to Little League

The Latest