China ends military, drug (fentanyl), immigration & climate talks due to Nancy’s trip as Biden tries to “pull away” from Taiwan…

TeamGreen
China’s still throwing a tantrum, launching missiles toward Taiwan, pulling out of ongoing diplomatic talks with the U.S. …& what does Joe and some of his weak-scared swamp dwellers do…?

They added language to the new Taiwan Assistance Bill…language that establishes Taiwan as a “Non-NATO” ally and is reported to have language that prevents us from supporting Taiwan if they attempt to join NATO. In other words, he’s pulling back from meaningful support for Taiwan. New language that intentionally WEAKENS our support for Taiwan.

Joe Biden. Wrecking Bicycles, Economies and Allies. Grinning

*The current political argument is based on the overt “Non-NATO” language in the bill that seems to have intent.
|
ns503
8/5/2022 7:47am
I'm sure everyone has heard about TDS.

But the BDS around here sometimes is same-level. Or more.

Partisanship will be the end of your country. Somebody should make a thread about that. EvilWhistling
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
8/5/2022 7:51am
ns503 wrote:
I'm sure everyone has heard about TDS. But the BDS around here sometimes is same-level. Or more. Partisanship will be the end of your country. Somebody...

Partisanship will be the end of your country. Somebody should make a thread about that. EvilWhistling
Echo chambers are a hell of a drug.
lestat
8/5/2022 8:23am
Go Team (insert political party here) !

The Shop

KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
8/5/2022 8:48am
TeamGreen wrote:
China’s still throwing a tantrum, launching missiles toward Taiwan, pulling out of ongoing diplomatic talks with the U.S. …& what does Joe and some of his...
China’s still throwing a tantrum, launching missiles toward Taiwan, pulling out of ongoing diplomatic talks with the U.S. …& what does Joe and some of his weak-scared swamp dwellers do…?

They added language to the new Taiwan Assistance Bill…language that establishes Taiwan as a “Non-NATO” ally and is reported to have language that prevents us from supporting Taiwan if they attempt to join NATO. In other words, he’s pulling back from meaningful support for Taiwan. New language that intentionally WEAKENS our support for Taiwan.

*The current political argument is based on the overt “Non-NATO” language in the bill that seems to have intent.
The most dangerous person to ever be in the Oval Office
swordfish
8/5/2022 9:46am
ns503 wrote:
I'm sure everyone has heard about TDS. But the BDS around here sometimes is same-level. Or more. Partisanship will be the end of your country. Somebody...

You should worry about your own country.
TeamGreen
8/5/2022 10:46am
ns503 wrote:

Let you in on a little secret: Joe Biden IS President. Donald Trump is not…or, don’t you see the difference? No worries.

Here, I’ll explain the obvious for you…

We’ve surrendered AFG to the terrorists and we’ve got a Brand New War under our current President.

And, then there’s the aforementioned Taiwan debacle that’s happening under Biden’s watch, also.

Besides, around here, the continued sniveling about a guy that IS NOT our President has given cause for an obvious and necessary reclassification for the affliction known as TDS…

It will now be called “Long Trump Derangement Syndrome”. Kinda like Long COVID; but, it’s more of a “Mental Virus” that never goes away.
Grinning
thundergoat
8/5/2022 11:11am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2022 11:11am
KennyT wrote:
You are very out of touch, sir. I'm in no way here to say Biden is a good president, but he's certainly not the most dangerous person ever in the oval office. Republicans who hate Biden have no clue how similar he is to them. All they know is that he ran as a Democrat, so they hate him.
At the end of the day there are very few politicians who give a shit about the people. I can think of 2 that actually seem to be passionate about the job they're doing and actually give a shit about standing up for their constituents instead of lining their pockets.
wolf18
8/5/2022 11:21am
KennyT wrote:
You are very out of touch, sir. I'm in no way here to say Biden is a good president, but he's certainly not the most dangerous...
You are very out of touch, sir. I'm in no way here to say Biden is a good president, but he's certainly not the most dangerous person ever in the oval office. Republicans who hate Biden have no clue how similar he is to them. All they know is that he ran as a Democrat, so they hate him.
At the end of the day there are very few politicians who give a shit about the people. I can think of 2 that actually seem to be passionate about the job they're doing and actually give a shit about standing up for their constituents instead of lining their pockets.
I agree, there are some politicians that are still good. But the rest of what you say is way off. Biden’s ass, hell is whole family tree is bought and paid for several times over. This is a classic frog in hot water scenario. We’re in deep trouble brother!
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
8/5/2022 12:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2022 12:47pm
KennyT wrote:
You are very out of touch, sir. I'm in no way here to say Biden is a good president, but he's certainly not the most dangerous...
He is dangerous to this Country because he has the mental capacity of a 5 year old. Biden may have been fine 10 years ago, but right now our adversaries know exactly what they are dealing with. We have a country without a leader and that is dangerous.

And BTW, he doesn’t give two shits about any of us. He is as racist as they come and as dishonest as anyone whose been in that office

This is not based along party lines, this is based on what he is and how he got there. I endured 8 years of Obama and never said a bad word about him, same with Clinton and Carter.
Chance1216
8/5/2022 2:51pm
Figuring out how to start a war between Russia and, China would be a good idea.
ns503
8/5/2022 3:50pm
ns503 wrote:

swordfish wrote:
Well, ya, maybe, but that's not what this thread was about.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2562nd
8/5/2022 4:09pm
Taiwan would be incredibly difficult for China to successfully invade. Even if they did pull it off it would be a Phyrric victory that would accelerate the downfall of a nation lumbering toward the edge of the cliff.
Titan1
8/5/2022 4:26pm
Taiwan would be incredibly difficult for China to successfully invade. Even if they did pull it off it would be a Phyrric victory that would accelerate...
Taiwan would be incredibly difficult for China to successfully invade. Even if they did pull it off it would be a Phyrric victory that would accelerate the downfall of a nation lumbering toward the edge of the cliff.
“…that would accelerate the downfall of a nation lumbering toward the edge of the cliff.”

Are you talking about America or China?
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
8/5/2022 4:57pm
ns503 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
Let you in on a little secret: Joe Biden IS President. Donald Trump is not…or, don’t you see the difference? No worries. Here, I’ll explain the...
Let you in on a little secret: Joe Biden IS President. Donald Trump is not…or, don’t you see the difference? No worries.

Here, I’ll explain the obvious for you…

We’ve surrendered AFG to the terrorists and we’ve got a Brand New War under our current President.

And, then there’s the aforementioned Taiwan debacle that’s happening under Biden’s watch, also.

Besides, around here, the continued sniveling about a guy that IS NOT our President has given cause for an obvious and necessary reclassification for the affliction known as TDS…

It will now be called “Long Trump Derangement Syndrome”. Kinda like Long COVID; but, it’s more of a “Mental Virus” that never goes away.
Grinning
Symptoms include constant whining and calling everyone a racist. Redefining words that might show negatively on horrible policies. And pretending to not know what your mother is. Hint: rhymes with floman, goman, noman, toeman.
I don't know, I just can't think of it right now, if I go through the alphabet I'm sure I'll get there.
TM
Shiftfaced
8/5/2022 6:06pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2022 6:07pm
swordfish wrote:
Ha ha ha!

“Canadian vs Canadian in aisle 4. They are cooperating as they sweep and mop.”

That was pretty funny, eh.
Vet57
8/6/2022 3:21am
I'm just worried about the bicycle part.....
ns503
8/6/2022 6:07am
swordfish wrote:
Shiftfaced wrote:
Ha ha ha!

“Canadian vs Canadian in aisle 4. They are cooperating as they sweep and mop.”

That was pretty funny, eh.
Meh, not really any conflict here. I don't really like the guy in charge up here either. Never voted for him, never will.
Kevo881
8/6/2022 7:16am
Why did Pelosi even go to Taiwan? Didn't Biden disagree with her even going there?
Gworm
8/6/2022 8:10am
Kevo881 wrote:
Why did Pelosi even go to Taiwan? Didn't Biden disagree with her even going there?
To meet with the owner of a microchip company Paul invested in.
TeamGreen
8/6/2022 8:57am
From the WSJ, today…

Beijing Simulates Attack on Taiwan as Chinese Exercises Extend Into Third Day
A large number of Chinese aircraft and ships crossed the midway mark of the Taiwan Strait that separates the Chinese mainland from Taiwan’s main island.

A large number of Chinese military aircraft and ships crossed the halfway mark of the Taiwan Strait on Saturday, in a simulated land strike on the self-governing island that Beijing claims as its own.

The maneuvers came on the third day of a promised four-day series of military drills by China’s military, the People’s Liberation Army, following U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taipei earlier this week .
Defense analysts said Saturday’s exercises build on China’s rehearsals in recent days to stage a potential attack on Taiwan, demonstrating and honing Beijing’s ability to impose an effective air and sea blockade that would precede an amphibious landing.

The Communist Party’s flagship newspaper, People’s Daily, described the maneuvers as “simulated land strikes,” while Taiwan’s Defense Ministry said its military issued warnings from its defense radar system and deployed air reconnaissance patrols, naval ships and land-based missiles in response to what it also described as a simulated attack on the island. It said it detected 14 ships and 20 planes, 14 of which crossed the halfway mark of the Taiwan Strait.

The drills will help the PLA to gain more practical experience in the event of a real attack on Taiwan, said Su Tzu-yun, a Taipei-based security expert with the Institute for National Defense and Security Research, which is backed by Taiwan’s military. But Mr. Su also said that the enlarged scope of exercises would strengthen the West’s vigilance toward China.

In recent days, the PLA has increased the frequency with which its vessels and aircraft cross the so-called median line, a notional boundary that sits halfway between the Chinese mainland and Taiwan’s main island. Beijing doesn’t acknowledge the existence of the line.
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi, speaking in the Cambodian capital of Phnom Penh on Saturday, where he met with regional counterparts, defended China’s actions around Taiwan as a legitimate response to the U.S.’s actions and said Beijing would “resolutely smash the Taiwan authorities’ fantasy of ‘relying on the United States to seek independence.’”

“The noose around their necks will only get tighter and tighter,” Mr. Wang said, referring to what he called pro-independence forces in Taiwan.

The maneuvers on Saturday follow a PLA simulation of a military blockade of the island on Friday that Taiwan’s Ministry of National Defense said involved 68 Chinese warplanes and 13 warships. The actions prompted more than 200 commercial vessels to leave Taiwan’s surrounding waters, including the Taiwan Strait, a major shipping route in the region.

Maj. Gen. Meng Xiangqing, a professor at National Defense University of the People’s Liberation Army, told China’s state broadcaster on Friday that the PLA sent missiles directly over Taiwan’s main island for the first time, though Taiwan’s government said the missiles’ paths were so high that they didn’t pose risks to the island.

Even so, some in Taiwan took to social media to criticize the military for not disclosing the details before such information was released by Japan. The Taiwanese military said it wanted to “protect its intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance abilities.”

In the run-up to Mrs. Pelosi’s visit, high-profile Chinese commentators including Hu Xijin, former editor in chief of the state-run tabloid Global Times, had stoked nationalistic fervor and expectation for a swift and forceful response from Beijing.

Beijing had warned that Mrs. Pelosi’s trip, if carried out, would trigger unspecified countermeasures. Mrs. Pelosi had also been warned in briefings with senior White House and Pentagon officials about the lasting damage her trip could cause to U.S.-China relations, though she was never asked to skip the trip, according to a U.S. official with knowledge of the discussions.

Many on Chinese social media expressed disappointment in what they considered meek countermeasures after Mrs. Pelosi’s departure, turning their ire toward Mr. Hu for misleading the public with false predictions.

In an apparent nod to public sentiment, Chinese state media has played up the displays of military might during the exercises that followed Mrs. Pelosi’s departure. On Saturday morning, the People’s Daily touted the PLA’s precision strike and blockade capabilities on China’s Twitter-like Weibo platform, adding the hashtag: “What China Says, China Will Do.”

“Interfering external forces and ‘Taiwan independence’ separatist forces will now have a deeper appreciation of what is meant by countermeasures,” the People’s Daily wrote in its post, garnering more than 200,000 likes. Similar posts during the military drills have dominated Weibo.

Separately on Saturday, Ouyang Li-hsin vice president of Taiwan’s National Chung-Shan Institute of Science and Technology, a military-backed research body that develops and manufactures defense technology, was found dead in his hotel room in southern Taiwan, the institute said. The hospital determined after a forensic examination that the 57-year-old Mr. Ouyang had died of a heart attack.

Police said there was no evidence of foul play and said it had no plans to investigate further. As part of his duties, Mr. Ouyang oversaw the production of missiles, a key element of Taiwan’s defenses against any military assault by Beijing.
On Saturday, Politico reported that PLA officials haven’t returned calls from their Pentagon counterparts, citing unnamed sources. Hawaii-based spokespeople for U.S. Indo-Pacific Command didn’t respond to requests for comment.
NvHermit
Fantasy
4326th
8/6/2022 9:55am
I floated around out there 50 years ago just to piss off China and North Korea and even fucked a few Taiwanese chicks. This shit ain’t anything new
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
8/6/2022 9:59am
NvHermit wrote:
I floated around out there 50 years ago just to piss off China and North Korea and even fucked a few Taiwanese chicks. This shit ain’t...
I floated around out there 50 years ago just to piss off China and North Korea and even fucked a few Taiwanese chicks. This shit ain’t anything new
Thank you for your service 👍🇺🇸
SCR
8/6/2022 11:19am
Kevo881 wrote:
Taiwan Policy Act 2022. $4.5 billion military aid courtesy of US tax payers. Just a down payment likely. Taiwan would become a close Nato ally although we don't recognize them as independent of China, but we will arm them will offensive weapons against China.

Bipartisan bill courtesy of Linsey Graham and Bob Menendez.

Nancy's job is to throw stones at the bee hive to see what happens.

Menendez warned China not to make the same mistake Russia made in Ukraine.

These guys want to regulate, restrict, audit, and eventually confiscate your military assault style looking rifles. On the other hand they can't stop themselves from approving sales of actual military assault weapons and actual weapons of mass destruction all over the planet with little if any oversight. And if a country can't afford to go to war they will put it on the taxpayer tab. Because you can't put a price on freedom, peace, and stability.

The state department used to employee serious diplomats. Now they have become the sales team for the weapons industry.

Maybe I'm confused or to cynical about the ways of foreign policy. But from Kosovo to preemptive strike on Bagdad, to the retreat in Afghanistan that ended with dead soldiers and a final hellfire drone strike on an innocent man and his children. I've watched 20 years of death, destruction and instability and nothing to show but trillions in debt.

I can't come to any other conclusion other than these people, weather by ignorance, greed, or intention, are he'll bent on destroying everything they touch.

TeamGreen
8/6/2022 11:59am
Kevo881 wrote:
SCR wrote:
Taiwan Policy Act 2022. $4.5 billion military aid courtesy of US tax payers. Just a down payment likely. Taiwan would become a close Nato ally although...
Taiwan Policy Act 2022. $4.5 billion military aid courtesy of US tax payers. Just a down payment likely. Taiwan would become a close Nato ally although we don't recognize them as independent of China, but we will arm them will offensive weapons against China.

These guys want to regulate, restrict, audit, and eventually confiscate your military assault style looking rifles. On the other hand they can't stop themselves from approving sales of actual military assault weapons and actual weapons of mass destruction all over the planet with little if any oversight. And if a country can't afford to go to war they will put it on the taxpayer tab. Because you can't put a price on freedom, peace, and stability.

The state department used to employee serious diplomats. Now they have become the sales team for the weapons industry.

Maybe I'm confused or to cynical about the ways of foreign policy. But from Kosovo to preemptive strike on Bagdad, to the retreat in Afghanistan that ended with dead soldiers and a final hellfire drone strike on an innocent man and his children. I've watched 20 years of death, destruction and instability and nothing to show but trillions in debt.

I can't come to any other conclusion other than these people, weather by ignorance, greed, or intention, are he'll bent on destroying everything they touch.

While I don’t agree with all of that, it’s an important and interesting perspective that needs to be seen and heard.
plowboy
8/6/2022 12:00pm
Kevo881 wrote:
SCR wrote:
Taiwan Policy Act 2022. $4.5 billion military aid courtesy of US tax payers. Just a down payment likely. Taiwan would become a close Nato ally although...

I will freely admit that it is possible that we have buffoons and idiots in the white house. History (even recent history) confirms this. But, I do believe that our security agencies, think tanks, and congress have enough patriots with common sense to keep the ship afloat...despite partisan interference. That big old NSA computer is probably working overtime figuring out..."if this...then that" scenarios.

At the moment, as much as the American mega rich want to influence any global outcome to their financial advantage...there still remains an influential core of folks that believe the country exists for the "people"...not corporations or individuals. Unnamed, unacknowledged, but the national savior's. Sounds like a movie... but it's as real as the nose on your face.

It's way past time to stop hatin' fellow Americans...no matter the color, race, religion, sexual preference....whatever. Stop pulling from different directions. We can be that beacon...that shining light for the world. IF we accept our differences and march together. Our future is as glorious or as miserable as we make it.

(I say all this truly believing we have already passed the tipping point into the history books as another failed nation but if humanity survives...this post is proof that not EVERYONE cared more about selfish interests than humanity).Sad
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
8/6/2022 1:00pm
These corporations that run America (and they most certainly do) got ya'll blaming one administration or the other and fighting like children. The fact stands that they (corporations) are the very entities ruling, and ruining, this country. Not one politician on a stage big enough to make a difference isn't bought and paid for, and they are always going to put their interests above yours and mine.

Some people around here getting dangerously close to being just like EID with their diatribes.

Not directed at you Plow.
JustMX
8/6/2022 1:29pm
TeamGreen wrote:
China’s still throwing a tantrum, launching missiles toward Taiwan, pulling out of ongoing diplomatic talks with the U.S. …& what does Joe and some of his...

How can Taiwan join nato, aren't they in the wrong freaking ocean?

Whether biden is an idiot or not, whether China is just talking tough, I feel like deju vue, and arch duke Ferdinand is driving around looking for a sandwhich while we are one unexpected act of stupidity away from the sanity train running off the rails
SCR
8/6/2022 2:09pm
Kevo881 wrote:
SCR wrote:

plowboy wrote:
I will freely admit that it is possible that we have buffoons and idiots in the white house. History (even recent history) confirms this. But, I...
I will freely admit that it is possible that we have buffoons and idiots in the white house. History (even recent history) confirms this. But, I do believe that our security agencies, think tanks, and congress have enough patriots with common sense to keep the ship afloat...despite partisan interference. That big old NSA computer is probably working overtime figuring out..."if this...then that" scenarios.

At the moment, as much as the American mega rich want to influence any global outcome to their financial advantage...there still remains an influential core of folks that believe the country exists for the "people"...not corporations or individuals. Unnamed, unacknowledged, but the national savior's. Sounds like a movie... but it's as real as the nose on your face.

It's way past time to stop hatin' fellow Americans...no matter the color, race, religion, sexual preference....whatever. Stop pulling from different directions. We can be that beacon...that shining light for the world. IF we accept our differences and march together. Our future is as glorious or as miserable as we make it.

(I say all this truly believing we have already passed the tipping point into the history books as another failed nation but if humanity survives...this post is proof that not EVERYONE cared more about selfish interests than humanity).Sad
I used to believe that there was serious knowledgeable people with integrity. Like you say, people who's names we aren't familiar but they are there being called on when shit hits the fan. Watching over the economy, negotiating and using US influence to prevent the bullets from flying. Providing sound an honest information best as they know it in a pandemic.
I look at 20 years of war for no benefit other than profits, financial theft and destruction of our currency and no accountability for those responsible including congress who's oversight it is and is as responsible as anyone. And there solution has been to put us in debt another 20 trillion. The current solution of the day is the inflation reduction act that will spend 100s of billions we don't have while raising taxes as we head into recession that may turn into something worse than anyone imagines. This is like saying the solution to my 100 thousand dollar credit card balance is to increase to I crease my limit another 100k to cover it.
And the pandemic, that needs another thread but , you know the thing.

I don't believe Americans hate each other. And the charge we are a hopelessly racist country is a lie that is designed to divide our country. I've been around long enough to know these things are not true. " Americans are divided" I never heard that until about 15 years ago and it came from the media and politicians and the noisy people online.

The constitution was written to layout how the government would run. The bill of rights layed out the limit of federal govt. The powers granted to the federal government by the states and the people. Somehow that's been turned on its head and the state and the people have been complacent and allowed the federal govt to take away our civil liberties, our rights and our money . And they have us arguing over which one of them is more corrupt or incompetent than the other.

I agree with you people one on one and in their communities is really important and I think the only chance we have to maybe make change. Maybe from local govts to the top of state govts we could make change. If we could get the states to tack back their sovereignty and tax money that the fed govt doles back with conditions.
Maybe then we have a chance.
JustMX
8/6/2022 4:38pm
SCR wrote:

plowboy wrote:
I will freely admit that it is possible that we have buffoons and idiots in the white house. History (even recent history) confirms this. But, I...

SCR wrote:
I used to believe that there was serious knowledgeable people with integrity. Like you say, people who's names we aren't familiar but they are there being...
I used to believe that there was serious knowledgeable people with integrity. Like you say, people who's names we aren't familiar but they are there being called on when shit hits the fan. Watching over the economy, negotiating and using US influence to prevent the bullets from flying. Providing sound an honest information best as they know it in a pandemic.
I look at 20 years of war for no benefit other than profits, financial theft and destruction of our currency and no accountability for those responsible including congress who's oversight it is and is as responsible as anyone. And there solution has been to put us in debt another 20 trillion. The current solution of the day is the inflation reduction act that will spend 100s of billions we don't have while raising taxes as we head into recession that may turn into something worse than anyone imagines. This is like saying the solution to my 100 thousand dollar credit card balance is to increase to I crease my limit another 100k to cover it.
And the pandemic, that needs another thread but , you know the thing.

I don't believe Americans hate each other. And the charge we are a hopelessly racist country is a lie that is designed to divide our country. I've been around long enough to know these things are not true. " Americans are divided" I never heard that until about 15 years ago and it came from the media and politicians and the noisy people online.

The constitution was written to layout how the government would run. The bill of rights layed out the limit of federal govt. The powers granted to the federal government by the states and the people. Somehow that's been turned on its head and the state and the people have been complacent and allowed the federal govt to take away our civil liberties, our rights and our money . And they have us arguing over which one of them is more corrupt or incompetent than the other.

I agree with you people one on one and in their communities is really important and I think the only chance we have to maybe make change. Maybe from local govts to the top of state govts we could make change. If we could get the states to tack back their sovereignty and tax money that the fed govt doles back with conditions.
Maybe then we have a chance.
Maybe the supreme court recent decision on abortion can get the ball rolling on that.

It wasn't based on pro life or pro choice. They simply decided it wasn't a constitutional issue, and because of that it was a state issue.

Post a reply to: China ends military, drug (fentanyl), immigration & climate talks due to Nancy’s trip as Biden tries to “pull away” from Taiwan…

The Latest